Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    007 girl.

I don't mind if Dan Slott keeps on writing Spidey.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    I don't mind if Dan Slott keeps on writing Spidey.
    By he only ways that Dan Slott leaves the book are as follows:,1: Sales decline. 2: He wants to do something different either @ or away from Marvel (examples include Hickman leaving the FF for the Avengers then Marvel altogether)). 3: There is a financial dispute between DS and Marvel. I happen to think that Number 2 is the most likely option. A big question I have is DS able to tell the COMPLETE story the way he wants to? I think back to SSM which ended abruptly (I was no fan of Otto but I wanted to see a couple of more issues ( I hated the way they left the Norman Osborn part so abruptly, and would have loved to see Otto battle him)), and even this Arc is ending rather quickly, with only one issue left, and it seems there is a lot more to tell. Basically it's like the "Cliff Notes" Version of a story. Almost "Wrap it up Dan, we need to get into 'Secret Wars/'/Battlefield' before getting into 'Renew Your Vows'. The answer to that question will be apparent when we know if DS is remaining with Spider-Man after RYV?
    Last edited by Steeler53; 01-31-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    . . . Also, I think age isn't a big deal for Spidey. He's still Spidey. Too much importance is placed on him being young when this is a throw away detail that doesn't matter to readers. He's been in his 20s for the vast majority of his history and many people are sick of him being treated like a kid. I think its actually more harmful than good for the character to continue to be treated as the young hero.
    But, this isn't just "the Spider-Man universe" you're dealing with. His growing older and more mature would work okay if it was a self-contained universe, but he's also a part of the bigger and equally important overall Marvel Universe. If he noticeably ages whiles others around him don't, things get out of whack (unless they're immortals, alien beings, or something else non-human).

It's why superheroes with kids is a bad idea . . . when they start getting a few years older, that means their parents and everyone around them needs to start aging a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, this isn't just "the Spider-Man universe" you're dealing with. His growing older and more mature would work okay if it was a self-contained universe, but he's also a part of the bigger and equally important overall Marvel Universe. If he noticeably ages whiles others around him don't, things get out of whack (unless they're immortals, alien beings, or something else non-human).

It's why superheroes with kids is a bad idea . . . when they start getting a few years older, that means their parents and everyone around them needs to start aging a bit.
    I didn't say he needed to continue aging or get much older. I just said it's more harmful to portray him as a young hero because they've already aged him. He graduated college, got married, had a baby in his comic book history already, his college roommate has a young son. Reversing it is more harmful than leaving it as is. De-aging him has not sat well with fans. Making him seem incompetent or lacking experience has not set well with fans. Also, as far as him having a daughter, it's already happened in the Clone Saga.

If they let Harry have a son anyway there is no reason why Peter's daughter can't exist. Give Peter his daughter because it's the right thing to do for the character, they've teased her and the current state of the book is one that is so sad for Peter and MJ that it must be rectified or it will remain the biggest tragedy and hanging plot line in the mythos. Their daughter can remain young forever if they want, just as Normie can.

I don't want Peter to age more, I just want them to undo the retcons in their unsuccessful attempts to de-age him.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-31-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler53 View Post
    By he only ways that Dan Slott leaves the book are as follows:,1: Sales decline. 2: He wants to do something different either @ or away from Marvel (examples include Hickman leaving the FF for the Avengers then Marvel altogether)). 3: There is a financial dispute between DS and Marvel. I happen to think that Number 2 is the most likely option. A big question I have is DS able to tell the COMPLETE story the way he wants to? I think back to SSM which ended abruptly (I was no fan of Otto but I wanted to see a couple of more issues ( I hated the way they left the Norman Osborn part so abruptly, and would have loved to see Otto battle him)), and even this Arc is ending rather quickly, with only one issue left, and it seems there is a lot more to tell. Basically it's like the "Cliff Notes" Version of a story. Almost "Wrap it up Dan, we need to get into 'Secret Wars/'/Battlefield' before getting into 'Renew Your Vows'. The answer to that question will be apparent when we know if DS is remaining with Spider-Man after RYV?
    Sales would probably need to freefall if Marvel were to remove Slott, considering Amazing Spider-Man sales are consistently highest they've been since the Clone Saga.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Sales would probably need to freefall if Marvel were to remove Slott, considering Amazing Spider-Man sales are consistently highest they've been since the Clone Saga.
    While I do not think that Slott's in any danger of being removed from the ASM, I do get the impression that he wants to focus on Silver Surfer or the Fantastic Four.

But the question is once Slott's run on Spider-Man ends, whose to say that the next writer wouldn't attempt to emulate his writing style. After all, Nick Lowe is in many ways like Joe Quesada and Stephen Wacker rolled up into one.

I think that Marvel is betting that Dan Slott will remain on Spider-Man for as long as he's able to provide the sales numbers for an indefinite period of time until he doesn't want to do it anymore, which could be as long as Chris Claremont's run on the X-Men or Peter David's run on the Incredible Hulk. Although I am not sure if we can fairly compare Dan Slott to Claremont and David.