Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Road to Flash War: Flash Issue #46 Preview

https://www.cbr.com/preview-the-flash-46/

Williamson is following up on the cliffhanger from Flash:Rebirth 2009 version regarding Zolomon. This is going to be good.

Fantastic Member

So are we supposed to assume Hunter doesn't remember Jay despite being unaffected by the timeline changes? It's weird that he'd refer to Barry as the original Flash if that wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    So are we supposed to assume Hunter doesn't remember Jay despite being unaffected by the timeline changes? It's weird that he'd refer to Barry as the original Flash if that wasn't the case.
    Oh man. I was thinking the same thing when reading the preview. Makes me a bit worried . Will the writer remember that Hunter isn't a speedster?
    Last edited by Midnighter; 05-07-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Oh man. I was thinking the same thing when reading the preview. Makes me a bit worried .will the writer remember that Hunter isn't a speedster?
    He has lost his powers after Rogues Revenge and the preview acknowledges that. Eobard will probably give him speed powers later on so he'll be a speedster. We also know he'll get two powers from Speed Force eventually so his time powers are gone at the moment.

Ah! Wasn't aware of that thank you.

BANNED

I wonder when Batman and the missing years mystery would pop up in this story and why Wally and not Barry recalled everything ?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    He has lost his powers after Rogues Revenge and the preview acknowledges that. Eobard will probably give him speed powers later on so he'll be a speedster. We also know he'll get two powers from Speed Force eventually so his time powers are gone at the moment.
    It's odd that Jay continues to seem nonexistent. Those opening scenes are clearly set in an unaffected, unaltered Pre-FLASHPOINT timeline, where Jay was the original Flash.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It's odd that Jay continues to seem nonexistent. Those opening scenes are clearly set in an unaffected, unaltered Pre-FLASHPOINT timeline, where Jay was the original Flash.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    It more seemed to me an editorial mistake to me rather than ignoring Jay. However they are clearly tip toeing around the subject. If he said "the previous Flash" it wouldn't be understandable to readers (Barry was active back then too so it wouldn't work), saying second means directly acknowledging Jay which seems to be a no-no at the moment. I think saying "Wally's mentor" would have worked better there but alas...

Man, getting Kolins back for their prelude to Flash War and to see him draw The Flash and Zoom again...good times .

So is Thawne taking Zolomon into the future with him how Hunter avoided the effects of Flashpoint?

Can anyone keep Zatanna's costumes consistent? She hasn't worn that costume since the end of the New 52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I just assumed he was referring to Barry as the "original" in comparison to Wally, as his predecessor.

I thougth that this issue was good, i'm interested on seeing how this is going to end.

Incredible Member

It was pretty sad when Wally realize there is not a Flash Museum in the current timeline yet. He is right, it was amazing -even if the poor building was regularly destroyed -

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can anyone keep Zatanna's costumes consistent? She hasn't worn that costume since the end of the New 52.
    They can't even keep WALLY'S consistent, and he's a major part of the arc rather than a one-panel cameo!

Seriously, let's go back and look at the model sheet(ish) picture, complete with some colour notes, that DC put out with the Rebirth promos. This is what the costume is Meant To Look Like:

Now, here's how Wally looks on (left) the cover and (right) the interior of this issue:

First off, neither version meaningfully resembles the other, let alone the model. Both miss out the underarm panels and mid-leg lines entirely. Panosian (on the cover) doesn't even join the belt or boot lines up, while Kolins very nearly just draws him as he did when he was the artist on the book, barring the open-top cowl and single-jog chest symbol (of course, he also draws Barry with the Silver Age belt, so, hey), and actually getting closer for it. The colourist is worse in both cases though - everything's a single shade of colour. The cover red isn't too far away from the torso red on the model...but the interior colours him magenta! And, as has become standard in this book, puts the chest symbol on a white back rather than hollow/red back.

WOW! What an issue! Williamson keeps knocking it out of the park and I can’t wait for Flash war to finally begin!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    They can't even keep WALLY'S consistent, and he's a major part of the arc rather than a one-panel cameo!

Seriously, let's go back and look at the model sheet(ish) picture, complete with some colour notes, that DC put out with the Rebirth promos. This is what the costume is Meant To Look Like:

[SNIP]

First off, neither version meaningfully resembles the other, let alone the model. Both miss out the underarm panels and mid-leg lines entirely. Panosian (on the cover) doesn't even join the belt or boot lines up, while Kolins very nearly just draws him as he did when he was the artist on the book, barring the open-top cowl and single-jog chest symbol (of course, he also draws Barry with the Silver Age belt, so, hey), and actually getting closer for it. The colourist is worse in both cases though - everything's a single shade of colour. The cover red isn't too far away from the torso red on the model...but the interior colours him magenta! And, as has become standard in this book, puts the chest symbol on a white back rather than hollow/red back.
    In all fairness, that costume was sort of ripe for streamlining: two shades of the same color very rarely work in super-hero costumes, specially when they're so close to each other. Dc should have gone with some of the earlier versions from Booth:

ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Amazing issue! I was very satisfied with Hunter's direction. I didn't realise how happy I'd be to have him back. I love his little bromance with Thawne and the parallels it presents with our Flashes, very fitting. I'd read a whole book about them hanging out and eating chips and watching movies, or whatever you do with your bff in the 25th century.

Flash museum scene was the highlight for Wally. Batcave scene was the highlight for Barry.

Read this issue three times in a row. Can't wait for more.