Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel sales figures for April

Here are the sales figures for April:
    https://www.cbr.com/april-2018-sales...s-1000-450k/2/

It was a good month for Avengers and Thanos. Avengers 687 beat out X-Men Red and Star Wars. All four issues of Avengers beat the two issues of Justice League.
    Thanos 18 beat Darth Vader. Thanos Annual also did well. Reprints of Infinity Gauntlet 1 and Iron Man 55 also outsold many original titles.
    Infinity Countdown is not selling well for an event.
    Domino 1 placing in the top ten surprises me. My girl Diamondback is in that.

I was also surprised at Domino's placing, but so pleased! Baldeon's art's been great and the first issue was fun.

Frankly I am flabbergasted. I was expecting Action Comics #1000 to push DC into the lead of dollar share this month. Surely the marketing potential of that release was huge? But no. Marvel held onto their spot.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

There were a lot of variant covers for Action #1000 but maybe that price tag was a bit daunting for some. Glad to see Marvel 2 in One stayed in the top 50. I hope it continues when the Fantastic Four is relaunched.

Pleasantly surprised with Domino's sales. It's a really good book and deserves those numbers. Very disappointed in Exiles numbers though, there had been a lot of press for the book because of the Tessa Thompson Valkyrie but it didn't translate to big sales. Although it was a comparatively small drop between issues #1 and #2 so fingers crossed there's not a big drop between #2 and #3.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Pleasantly surprised with Domino's sales. It's a really good book and deserves those numbers. Very disappointed in Exiles numbers though, there had been a lot of press for the book because of the Tessa Thompson Valkyrie but it didn't translate to big sales. Although it was a comparatively small drop between issues #1 and #2 so fingers crossed there's not a big drop between #2 and #3.
    I’m hoping the numbers stay good too, I’m just worried this wolverine character will drive me insane if it’s over played.

Disappointed in runaways numbers, hoping we see a climb in numbers or hope marvel is feeling generous and let’s it keep going. Not sure how scholastic deals work but maybe that will come through? Or maybe digital sales are phenomenal... I wish we could see digital sales but then again what do they gain by making those public besides reassuring some fans of sales

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Remember you are dealing with a month that featured Action Comics 1000.

And double shipping of books.

I wouldn't worry about Runaways because sooner or later ALEX has to pop up for a sales boost.

BANNED

Very glad to see Two-in-One levelling out above the 30k mark.

Incredible Member

I'm not surprised by Domino's placing. When was the last time Gail Simone wrote for Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I'm not surprised by Domino's placing. When was the last time Gail Simone wrote for Marvel?
    Her Agent X run?

She might have done a story for the Deadpool wedding issue, but I'm not sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I wouldn't worry about Runaways because sooner or later ALEX has to pop up for a sales boost.
    I don't really think "Alex=Sales", but I do agree that it'd be a complete missed opportunity for him not to show up. I still don't like that he was brought back to life, but if he's gonna be around, he should be their nemesis.

That aside, the book is already confirmed to be going to at least issue #18. Beyond that will depend on how strong the digital and trade sales are.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her Agent X run?

She might have done a story for the Deadpool wedding issue, but I'm not sure.
    She did an issue or two for the Savage Wolverine series, I think. Hopefully Marvel will be smart and offer her an exclusive ASAP.

I'm amazed at how well Amazing Spider-Man 798 sold. I knew all the Go Down Swinging issues were gonna be over 100K, but 220K+!?? GODDAMN!

I guess people really wanted that "First Red Goblin Appearance" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm amazed at how well Amazing Spider-Man 798 sold. I knew all the Go Down Swinging issues were gonna be over 100K, but 220K+!?? GODDAMN!

I guess people really wanted that "First Red Goblin Appearance" issue.
    Yes those ASM figures are a huge surprise to me too. I am fascinated to see how well 800 sells. Also, Millar is pretty consistent with his assertion that books released earlier in the month will always show fractionally better figures and that it isn't possible to directly compare the performance of a double shipped book to itself because of this. So #799 may have less of a drop-off than reflected here.

This also reminds me I really should catch up with ASM before #800 hits the shelves and inevitably gets spoiled everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes those ASM figures are a huge surprise to me too. I am fascinated to see how well 800 sells. Also, Millar is pretty consistent with his assertion that books released earlier in the month will always show fractionally better figures and that it isn't possible to directly compare the performance of a double shipped book to itself because of this. So #799 may have less of a drop-off than reflected here.

This also reminds me I really should catch up with ASM before #800 hits the shelves and inevitably gets spoiled everywhere.
    It’s not an out there assertion. Books released the first week of the month have three to four weeks of reordering to bank on while books released the last week have none.