Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
From her reaction, it was clear that Meagan didn't have a clue about what it meant to be a Guardian, "Well, I am who I am. I'm no scholar like Lady Iris. I do like to read and learn new things, but the Orphanage only offered the equivalent of an elementary school education. Technically, I never went to high school, much less had any advance education. Lady Reimi made sure I was exposed to a wide range of educational experiences, that's how I learned to dance; and Jinzi has been helping me with it as well. Though with all of the fighting and training there hasn't been much time to complete my education."

Looking thoughtful, "I do enjoy teaching, realized that when I was helping the other learn to fly. Spent time back home teaching Martial Arts to a group of eager students."

Pursing her lips slightly in thought, "As far as getting involved, not sure I entirely have a choice. My people have already made it abundantly clear that the next Guardian has to be involved. They don't want a Guardian who sits in the temple like a hermit, only appearing when someone comes to her. That was how it was with Lady Iris. From what I have been told, Lady Iris enjoyed spending her time in the Temple, working on her projects. There were usually one or more members of the Sisterhood there to help out and keep her company, and when there was something really important going on she would occasionally leave the temple to deal with it. But otherwise, if anyone, from child, to scholar, to politician wished to speak with her, they had to make the trip there and ask for permission."

"I'm just the daughter of Peacekeeper and a Nurse. I'm not royalty or wealthy or socially connected. The only thing special about me was that I was crazy enough, or brave enough, to take a risk to help my people. This whole Guardian thing, at times it just doesn't feel right. I feel like I'm being asked to step into shoes a million times greater than my own. Still, if it is what my people need, if it is what they want, if I can help them, then I'll do it. However, I'll have to do it my way. That means helping my people learn to help themselves. I plan on eventually opening the temple up to my people as a school. A place where they can learn from all of the knowledge Lady Iris accumulated. I really believe she intended to do that herself someday, so I don't think she'll mind."
Eva nods.

“Then you will need to be active in your people’s rebuilding efforts and continued living, but not so much that they become dependent on you. A Guardian is supposed to watch over their planet, proactive ones taking that to mean watching and protecting from threats. However, that tends to lead their charges to be less resilient or reliant on themselves. So a balance needs to be met. Perhaps a school of sorts so you may train others up to be strong and help shoulder the burdens of raising Chroma from its near ruin.”