Page 641 of 782 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651691741 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " For me it's all hard work and training Khan taught me to never take shortcuts . The harder the better and I train under Althena currently " Praxat said
    "An you think ah like taking shortcuts?" Dash turned her head slightly to look at Praxat, "Ah grew up in a village where training began as soon as walking did. Where folks didn't brag 'bout their baby's first steps, but 'bout their kids first sprint an how fast they ran. Where the elders idea of discipline was making a kid walk on their hands all day long. Where fighting was an after school sport."

She then looked up, before turning her gaze back to the RoTS, "Ah shoulda gone with them, Meg may need backup."
    Last edited by Tami; 02-17-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "An you think ah like taking shortcuts?" Dash turned her head slightly to look at Praxat, "Ah grew up in a village where training began as soon as walking did. Where folks didn't brag 'bout their baby's first steps, but 'bout their kids first sprint an how fast they ran. Where the elders idea of discipline was making a kid walk on their hands all day long. Where fighting was an after school sport."

She then looked up, before turning her gaze back to the RoTS, "Ah shoulda gone with them, Meg may need backup."

"I never thought such a thing , but thanks for the story though ." Praxat said Praxat then takes out her cellphone and looks at blue prints she has done for attractions and rides for Sarada's cousins' amusement park. " Ah yes I think these attractions and rides I have plan will make fine additions to that amusement park of Sarada's cousins!" Praxat said Praxat skin turns blue and her goggles show a worry emoji .

( I hope Althena is okay maybe it was a bad idea to send her in my place? I probably shouldn't tell Dash that I'm worry) Praxat thought to herself. Praxat then heads off to the amusement park with out saying anything else .
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-17-2019 at 11:27 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Pinach and Rutaba walked out of the kitchen, each with arms full of fruit and pudding. "I can't believe Ishtar tried to eat all the pudding," the boy groused.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Her efforts fail because Incenio seems to have some sort of psychic field about him that prevents it.

OT: I will do some rough info dumps for the other fighters via your Clairvoyance, ok?
    OT: Yeah I'm okay with a rough info dumps for the other fighters via Althena's Clairvoyance.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Pinach and Rutaba walked out of the kitchen, each with arms full of fruit and pudding. "I can't believe Ishtar tried to eat all the pudding," the boy groused.

Qaztoh is walking around the Lookout talking about the amusement park. " I know what that park needs games of chance and games of skill . Yeah games were people can wage tokens to get more tokens for prizes. Of course waging money is out the question, because apparently gambling is illegal if you don't have gaming licence ," Qaztoh said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-18-2019 at 07:53 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Default Inheritance 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    A long pause came with that question, the boy lost in thought as he poured across the memories of all of the journals and notes he had read throughout this journey. Excerpts upon excerpts of ancient fighters had been found, with most of their lives little more than a footnote among the entire history of his school. After what felt like a small eternity, he finally spoke up, "Before recorded history," He began, "The Koryuu-Ryu was named not in reverence of dinosaurs, or hopes that we might obtain their strength, but because they were the intended target. Hundreds, if not thousands, of generations, came before me, yet most of their exploits have been lost to time." His hand brushed against the weathered paper of the poster, finding that, at a measly age of 80, it was already growing brittle beneath his fingertips.

The pieces were coming together, yet he could not make out the entirety of the picture the puzzle depicted, "Rex was involved in this tournament and this Penhuoqi, she was his victim, right?"
    Long silence followed from Charco, and the distant expression on his face gave away just how important this was to him. Ever since Ochazuke first met him, he had never known the boy to focus on much else. When he was not enacting his ferocity upon a target to destroy it utterly, he had turned his mind to training and acquiring the knowledge to do the deed.

The technique acquired had proven itself time and again, but of the men and women that steered that hand, traced the path of the terrible claw, he had disturbingly little to say. It seemed he could do little more than imitate their shadows.

"Lost to history, you know how your technique was created. But you barely know why."

More's the pity for their loss. Only a mercenary killer's hand to guide him.

"All it takes for a lie to persist is the truth to remain buried. Lost to time to a savage history that concerns itself with only one thing..."

Standing opposite from Charco across the span of the old desk, the mention of that woman lift Ochazuke's eyes from the poster and towards him.

"...victim?" He grunted, "Of what, spectacle? Cheh."

As the shape sequestered within Charco stirred, it seemed as if something sinister laced the air in the confines of the room. The door he faced seemed to grow all the more distant.

"The lineage of each of the Five Schools stretches back two-thousand years. Master to student, inherited and ceded lands, and blood for blood across generations. They pit themselves against each other, honour-bound to their feud. Yet when certain parties confronted them with something no faction had an answer for, or could blame on the other. Behind closed doors, they were forced to concede to this matter"

A silent chuckle shift his shoulders, though the usual stiffness of his expression exuded little more than loathing.

"Sanphet the Black Tiger, Umehara the Turtle Abbot, Genmai the 64th grand master of the Crane School and Qinglong the Blue Sage of the Dragon," he said. "They continued to call themselves the Five, even though the Snake Mistress of Coral Canyon disappeared with all the teachings of Sasamura no Doku a little over two-hundred years ago by this time"

He traced his finger across the margins of the poster. Hidden there in the crinkles of the border were names written. From one angle it was easy to mistake the calligraphy seal as a trick of the light.

"The remaining Four for the first time in years held a truce, and so put out a private challenge to each of these outspoken schools...though rumours have a way of escaping closed circles."

"Their offered their prize, that whoever would be the victor would be proclaimed the new Fifth, and affix for themselves an unshakable legitimacy in the Martial world," he continued. "The Tournament of Succession was conceived from a vainglorious thought to save face.

"Outwardly, while their participants equally saw it as a chance to prove their legitimacy, the conniving Masters saw this as little more than a diversion, a proving ground and show of force against each other as they seeded their future successors in the brackets against one another. Mocking flattery and brutalization, for some no price is too low for a victory."

Ochazuke stared straight into Charco's eyes, dark and unblinking.

"Or too high."

Default Legacy 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan likewise took a seat next to Ochazuke, following his lead. With his keen eyes, but also his sense of reading the room like any good host, he noticed his martial brother's hands -- among the strongest hands he has ever caught, but still just the tiniest bit unsteady, even at the seemingly molecular level. In response, Zaofan did what any good brother-in-arms would do -- he gently placed his hand on Ochazuke's shoulder to offer moral support.

"It's hard to believe that, even after everything we've all gone through, we have a revelation. Right here, right now, on this table. What a life we lead, eh?"

But Zaofan wouldn't be sure if his words were indeed genuine support, or a facade to mask his own unsteadiness. His bravado would be, at the very least, familiar. "We've come this far, Ochazuke. Trepidation has never stopped us before. Unfurl the scroll."
    Ochazuke offered only a slow exhale - which seemed to recoil in upon itself - at Zaofan's words. His shoulder was unusually cold to the touch, and uncharacteristically still.

"You told me you never settled on a style before, only because you couldn't settle down," he chuckled, "always wandering, searching for a place to call your own."

Straightening up, he leaned forward over the ancient desk. The smooth striations of the wood, darkly polished, only brought back memories of the dojo.

"I...had that once," he said. The broken cobwebs underfoot fell like the hanging catacombs beneath the Spider Shrine. "The privilege of a place to return to."

The echo in the windless darkness carried her voice to him, the same one he heard in his increasingly rare dreams. He lift the tea to his lips, setting the lid tipped as he put it aside.

"Seems the world is too vast for even just one man, Zaofan." he said, "But what has come before will not change. Not unless we can will ourselves to do it."

With little else to offer, Ochazuke broke the Seal of the Ten and unfolded the Scroll of Zxu'ro.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The Scroll of Zxu’ro unfurls. Pinned at the top is a note in simple and calm handwriting.

‘Though you are not my students, you carry another me’s legacy. In that we are connected. I have strived to do what I can for the better, and through that discovered techniques that have lended aid to me. Below is one such. Stay strong, Students of the Ten. No matter what, remember that humanity may not be the strongest, but our spirit is unmatched. We don’t give up, we don’t give in, and we fight until the end and beyond.

There is no might beyond our sight. There is no strength stronger than our will. There is no greater goal than peace. May we all live in the light of that peace.

Zxu’ro, Master of the Ten Schools.’

The scroll itself outlines one of Zxu’ros’ three Hidden techniques. This one is called the Genki-Dama, or the Spirit Bomb, and shows how to learn it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "An apology ?" Ishtar asked, offering the Aspect another look.

"What for ? ... and what of this realization, of yours ? Something to do with the current affair ?"
    He smiles a bit sadly at her.

“I have realized I have been unfair to you. You are grown, you are powerful, and you no longer need me to watch over you.”

He sighs and holds out a hand.

“Take my hand, daughter.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Praxat is at the amusement park checking on the petting zoo she install. " Well this certainly was a hassle filling out the paper work for this," Praxat said as she pets the docile animals that are in the petting zoo and checks their food and water. " Okay looks like these critters need their food and water refilled," Praxat said. Praxat then starts refilling the docile animals automatic food and water dispersers.

" Okay that should be enough food and water for these critters for now, " Praxat said as she pulls out her cell phone. " Okay the theater I'm going to install should go over there and the roller coaster should go over there. Hmm I better be heading back to the Lookout now," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Lady Vatta von Deathstalker

PL 2,000,000.

Fire based energy attacks. Wants the gem.

Calamon. Physical and energy attacks. Wants the gem for his master.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

E Bekon.

Clearly a half saiyan or full saiyan. He looks at Sarada and anger simmers in his eyes.

Power level is suppressed. Intent is suppressed.

Whisper.

Power level supressed. Intent suppressed. Psychic shielding present.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sarada noticed someone looking at her. A Saiyan, from the looks of it.

...wait...

A halfbreed. And he looked familiar.

Totoma?

Why was he glaring at her?

She narrowed her eyes. "The hell's your problem?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada noticed someone looking at her. A Saiyan, from the looks of it.

...wait...

A halfbreed. And he looked familiar.

Totoma?

Why was he glaring at her?

She narrowed her eyes. "The hell's your problem?"
    He glares.

“Nothing. Just another undug grave before me.”

He smiles.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He glares.

“Nothing. Just another undug grave before me.”

He smiles.
    So edgy.

Just from those two sentences, Sarada could discern a lot. This Totoma hated Saiyans - or rather purebreds - far more than the original had when she first met him. Something must have happened to him a some point after he was nearly killed by Jagam.

"Stronger men than you have tried," she replied icily. "You'll just be another in a line of failures."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!