Page 369 of 782 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 11718
    Retired Overlord

"The name it uses, for the moment." Ishtar said with a slow nod.

"She serves as temporary pawn for a being I know as, 'Fate'. If she is a puzzle piece, it may be worth the effort to track her down. A thing I should think would not be ... hard. When last we met she tried to eat me." The Oni said then, recalling the confrontation six months ago. "As to whether or not this sphere is doomed ? Perhaps in time, all things must meet an end. Even, it seems, the self-professed Eternal." The golden-eyed Oni scratched one glowing horn, before nodding.

"You have come to the right place. In time the responsibility of meting out judgment on such things will fall to me. That I do not hold the title proper is ... inconsequential. I will do as you ask. In exchange for one thing ..." the Oni stated then.

"I wish to sate my curiosity of the Void. Agreeable ?"
    ".........Your offer is meaningless. Your assistance in this matter will be rewarded with the continued existence of you are whats yours. If you wish for something else....you'll have to present more then merely whats on offer." The voidling faded from sight, and Ishtar felts two hands on her shoulders and a whisper in her ear. "Very rare is it for one such as I to have such a close perspective on this sphere....and you and yours are interesting subjects. If you wish to know of whats beyond.....then I'll trade for knowledge of you. The more I know about how you function....the more I can help you strengthen yourself. Such a offer is more pleasing correct?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Zaofan, ever the studious... erm, student, had a few questions after their fight had concluded. Three, to be exact. The first was her appraisal of his performance during their fight.

She sighed through her nose. She wasn't a teacher, so she couldn't give him anything resembling insight to meditate on. Rather, she decided to just go with the first thing that popped in her head. "Your techniques, when used in a certain order, can make you very dangerous in battle. Your blinding technique should always lead, followed by the pressure points. When used on someone weaker and of a human physiology, that would leave them completely vulnerable and at your mercy. From there, it would be not trouble to kill them with a focused optic blast to the head."

She nodded. Yes, that was good. That sequence should and would net him many victories in one-on-one combat. In a group setting, the blinding technique was more of a Pyrrhic maneuver that would affect his allies as well, but as long as the enemy was slain, it was no matter. Besides, if they knew it was coming, then they could better prepare for it and better cope with it. It wasn't a hard technique to work around, anyway.

Hm.

She would have to improve on that soon. There were too many loopholes keeping it from being as effective as it should have been.

Two. He wanted a rematch. "Of course. I was barely trying. Next time, I really won't be holding back."

As for the third, "It's lethal. You're going to die," she answered gravely in reference to the Ki Nullification. To the contrary, Zaofan could feel himself getting stronger as the technique finally wore off. If wouldn't be long before he was back to full strength. An hour at most. "It's one of two techniques my... lover taught me. The other one would prevent you from powering up. When the two are used in conjunction, it's a guaranteed win in a serious fight."
    "Noted about the order of techniques and fighting style," the chef concedes.

Zaofan struggles against simple gravity simply to stand up, but he makes it on to his feet. His head still hangs low, but he grins with the corner of his mouth, one hand on his neck, looking at Parsley with the sides of his eyes, his bangs hanging dashingly over his forehead and slightly flapping in the wind.

"But I call B.S. on you barely trying," he says with a hint of charm. "I'll call you out on that in our next match, whenever that is!"

"And another thing -- with the amount of healers here on the Lookout plus the fact that I'm standing? It seems you DO have a sense of humor -- I'll live after all. I can work with that," he says with a giggle.

His strength returning gradually, he turns to face Parsley fully, tugs down the bottom of his sleeveless tunic to straighten it, puts his right fist into his left palm, and bows respectfully to the Saiyan Elite. "Parsley. It was an honor. Thank you."

He then turns, takes a step towards Etrina, and begins limping. "Mistress? I should get started on breakfast!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-20-2018 at 05:51 PM.

meanwhile on dead Planet in the North Galaxy a member of the Galaxy Police wearing standard issue Galaxy Police Space suit is doing a investigation on the planet saying " I came to this planet to investigated odd readers my radar has been picking up." " going to my data there shouldn't be any signs of life on this planet and yet my radar is picking up something is diffently alive." " I wonder what my knucklehead brother Sonata is up to?"

"Probably still chasing after David for what he did Eleven years Six months and seven days ago. " " my brother really needs to give it a rest, but no he's too stubborn to just let The Galaxy Police handle it." the Galactic Lawman walks around the dead planet and picks up something on his radar saying " hmm there's something buried here and it's showing signs of life." the Galactic law man uses ray guns to blast though part of the planets sandy terrain and once the sand is remove.

the Galactic Lawman sees what appears to be an Toadian frozen in a crystal like structure and then contacts Galaxy Police headquarters saying " headquarters this is Lieutenant Stratovarius I found something quite odd on a planet that isn't supposed to have any sign of life." " buried under this planet's sandy terrain I discover what appears to be a frog like alien frozen in Crystal like structure." " the alien is showing signs of life so it's still alive." " so the question how did this alien get here and who in the hell imprison it in this crystal like structure?"

" I'm sending a picture over right now." Earl takes a picture of the Toadian that is frozen in a crystal like structure and emails it to Galaxy Police Headquarters. Earl then says after taking the picture and sending it to Galaxy Police headquarters " hey can you also send a copy of the picture I sent to Galaxy Police Elite Katchin Squadron. " " they need to see this."

" also I really need to get their autographs one of these days." " I just think there so cool."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-20-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ".........Your offer is meaningless. Your assistance in this matter will be rewarded with the continued existence of you are whats yours. If you wish for something else....you'll have to present more then merely whats on offer." The voidling faded from sight, and Ishtar felts two hands on her shoulders and a whisper in her ear. "Very rare is it for one such as I to have such a close perspective on this sphere....and you and yours are interesting subjects. If you wish to know of whats beyond.....then I'll trade for knowledge of you. The more I know about how you function....the more I can help you strengthen yourself. Such a offer is more pleasing correct?"
    Ishtar smirked.

"As are your threats. This 'sphere' as you call it, is at no more risk of doom as it was this morning," which was of course to say ... considerably at risk. "It is merely another ... duty to fulfill." When Cthylla disappeared then, and the golden-eyed Oni felt hands upon her shoulders, the smirk became a smile as the Voidling whispered in her ear. It seemed after all, that it was not her own species full of curiosity for things little understood.

"I would have you know first, that my species is unable to lie ... We have a deal, you and I, little Voidling."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar smirked.

"As are your threats. This 'sphere' as you call it, is at no more risk of doom as it was this morning," which was of course to say ... considerably at risk. "It is merely another ... duty to fulfill." When Cthylla disappeared then, and the golden-eyed Oni felt hands upon her shoulders, the smirk became a smile as the Voidling whispered in her ear. It seemed after all, that it was not her own species full of curiosity for things little understood.

"I would have you know first, that my species is unable to lie ... We have a deal, you and I, little Voidling."
    Looking at her harshly, "Your tendency to make deals is like making wishes without thought or grabbing for something shiny only to get burnt. A recklessness that will test the limits of your mortality." Meagan then relaxed and shook her head, "I gather, Isthar, that you are the one to take out this other Voidling?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Zaofan struggles against simple gravity simply to stand up, but he makes it on to his feet. His head still hangs low, but he grins with the corner of his mouth, one hand on his neck, looking at Parsley with the sides of his eyes, his bangs hanging dashingly over his forehead and slightly flapping in the wind.

"But I call B.S. on you barely trying," he says with a hint of charm. "I'll call you out on that in our next match, whenever that is!"

"And another thing -- with the amount of healers here on the Lookout plus the fact that I'm standing? It seems you DO have a sense of humor -- I'll live after all. I can work with that," he says with a giggle.

His strength returning gradually, he turns to face Parsley fully, tugs down the bottom of his sleeveless tunic to straighten it, puts his right fist into his left palm, and bows respectfully to the Saiyan Elite. "Parsley. It was an honor. Thank you."

He then turns, takes a step towards Etrina, and begins limping. "Mistress? I should get started on breakfast!"
    "Yes....that would be a good idea." Etrina sighed, wiping the dirt from her clothes. "...and make it a particularly good one, mind you. Or else I'll start remembering how unfitting babe is in referring to a lady.....unless you want your punishment where everyone can see?" The mage adjusted her hood and smiled devilishly.

Then, with a quick turn, she faced parsely and bowed her head. "That was an interesting exchange, I'm not one who is used to sparring but I thank you for indulging me all the same....hopefully mine was a performance you could appreciate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking at her harshly, "Your tendency to make deals is like making wishes without thought or grabbing for something shiny only to get burnt. A recklessness that will test the limits of your mortality." Meagan then relaxed and shook her head, "I gather, Isthar, that you are the one to take out this other Voidling?"
    Ishtar quirked an eyebrow.

"Perhaps, though I have long since come to terms with my mortality; and it is no fault of mine that you miss the forest for the trees, child." The Oni replied, bemused. "Recklessness would be to refuse this offer, and simply forge ahead with the hope that flailing about in the dark might prove sufficient. Besides that, she runs contrary to the aim of what little is understood of the Void and its spawn. Her reasons may be unknown, but the end goal is beneficial for your continued existence ... a matter of, as you mentioned, mortality."

Ishtar's shoulder's raised slightly -- a shrug -- before she shook her head at Meagan's later comment.

"I agreed to assist, but it seems the question was meant for everyone in the room ... and it is not for me, to decide this for you."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "'Turned'..." Ochazuke's frame shifted under a short chuckle. He took a morsel between chopsticks and chewed it thoughtfully. Now this is truly a marvel.

"I remember one who came here, straight away in the Northern snows seeking to do violence, to find any small quarrel to win challenges of empty valour," he said. "Taught never to admit fault where glory would be seized from another."

Balanced between calloused fingers, two pointed ends nimbly stripped a length of pink fish of translucent bones.

"It took some effort, a struggle to see beyond these petty aims, and yet more courage to let go. Yet she persevered and realized there was another path beyond guarded hearts and claiming empty victories. Perhaps that has made all the difference between slave and queen."

His eyes narrowed and an unbecoming softness cast over his face with the smallest of smiles. Perhaps a glimmer of nostalgia emerged from the hardened surface resonating for a moment in ideal.

"You know the world of Saiyans is little different from many, this one included. Everybody sets out on their path prepared for success, to taste victory, to win. All else is a splendid sacrifice to the altar of glory, for when there is nobody else, the will cannot be contested, can it?"

His instruments picked at the small hillock of rice in his bowl.

"Those blinded by ambition stake their claim and are lauded only by the silence of the dead. They call this dominion, for all else exists to give purpose to a strength which presses down."
    The recounting of her history here on Earth was a reminder of how far she had come in only a year's time. From someone who sought something, anything to give her existence validation when she found none on her homeworld, to someone knowing their worth because she then had something to fight for. Remembering who she was before gave her a fonder appreciation of who she was right then.

In the same way, remembering who the Saiyans were just a few short decades -- or years, or currently -- ago gave her a stronger appreciation for the strides they had all made since realizing that oppression of the weak wasn't the way life should be lived.

She used to think that her own race was alone in that endeavor, but quickly realized that such a trait was found everywhere, even on this alien world called Earth. Those who laid claim to strength used it to oppress those supposedly without, because then their strength would go unmatched and uncontested. It was the way of nature; the strong dominated the weak, killing them off or using them for fodder. The story was the same regardless of what world one found themselves on. Ochazuke knew that; as did Asha'rah, which was why she attempted to change the way of creation before eventually resorting to rebelling against the established order to get her point across.

"It's amazing how few the differences between worlds really is," she offered. "I guess that only offers proof of the uniformity of Asha'rah's design. Strip away the aesthetics, we're all the same at the bare bones. Which only proves to me that there's hope that those who claim strength as their only comfort can be made to see that there's more to live than amassing power, and that there are better things to guard than pride."

She remembered what she said to Jack just hours ago, that her pride and strength were all she had left. That may have been true to some extent, but she had someone else, also. Her strength was unquestioned, but her pride was a hollow shell of what a Saiyan's should have been. When she looked at herself, she still saw nothing but that little girl trapped in the Meat Market, subject to the whims of one who was stronger than her. Even though his execution was due in a few months, she still had nightmares, still woke up in cold sweats, and still couldn't look at herself in the mirror without feeling disgusted. Even when he was dead, she would still suffer.

But the man sitting near her didn't need to know that. None of them did.

"Pride has its uses when kept in check. It can power a person's will to compel them to amazing feats that would otherwise be beyond them."

Her compliments caused his eyebrow only to raise for a moment, before he straightened his seating and returned to the meal with a grumble. "Cheh. Flattery, and much undeserved besides..."

This Earth had only begin to reach toward the stars, and this had opened his eyes. Each offworlder had for all their faults - and the sneering condescension of a particular few - a sense of solidarity. There was an unspoken unity among those who proclaimed themselves 'Saiyan', a conceit he had found it difficult not to notice especially where the call of battle was answered loudest. Even the others hailing from distant stars had their common banner, but beneath this shared sun, those who shone twice brightly left just as much smog and filth behind, leaving others to choke upon the rest of it.

"Even now this fractious world continues to struggle with itself. They know little of the threats which are coming, and the silent Eye that watches," he said. "Yet this world remains my home. If by my life or effort I can save it..."

Gritting his teeth he shook his head and picked boiled bits from the broth.
    A soft smile curled her lips. "Don't mistake the truth for flattery." That was all she had to say about that. She knew that his humility was born from something far more sinister than simple philosophy. How else could one explain his harsh aversion to the pride that plagued all creation? Something happened to him years ago, a secret he kept as closely guarded to his heart as she did her own past. Whatever it was, his reasons for keeping it secret were the same as hers -- those who needed to know did, and those who didn't wouldn't. It was as simple as that.

As he continued, her smile fell away. The threat of those abroad, beyond the stars and shrouded in the blackness of space weighed heavily on them all. But, it was the threats that were nearest that were often the most dangerous. They could sneak up on even the most cautious and kill them with nary a sound or an alarm. That, she knew, was the threat Cohb Grinthorn presented. And Ochazuke, Zaofan, and all the others who called this blue gem home were none the wiser.

"Auroc is a grave threat," she admitted. "One that now threatens everyone Ishtar calls her own. But, don't focus all your attention to the stars. Focus on the shadows that shroud your own home. Tell me, what do you know of the man your world calls President Grinthorn?"

Just saying his name sent a shiver up her spine.

"Well fulfilled it was," he replied. "Assuredly your title was well-earned. You fight well to keep it, and if you choose to continue this way you will be known as a dutiful sovereign..." Ochazuke finished his first portion gradually as he collected his thoughts. "However, that desire to protect warrants some examination."

A long moment hung between them as he stood to gather another serving. "I asked your sister to talk to you shortly after Shek'inah was resolved from the mist you were trapped in. I have my doubts she did, for why else would you continue to charge into the unknown?"

The incident on Terra was still fresh in memory. He had an inkling of what drove that heedless pursuit, but would hear it from her.
    "Thank you."

It seemed to be ages ago since she foolishly charged into the dank unknown of the Room of Spirit and Time to confront someone she thought had strength to entertain her. Ochazuke claimed he told her sister to speak to her about that, but that conversation never came about. Perhaps Parsley forgot or was saving it for another time when there weren't pressing matters to focus on.

Or, more likely, the latter eventually gave way to the former.

Either way, it wasn't a conversation she felt needed to happen.

To answer his unspoken question, she sighed quietly. "It's in my blood to seek stronger competition," she started. "My race is a naturally aggressive one. We usually exercise that aggression out by finding stronger opponents to fight, to test ourselves against. Such opponents are usually, at least these days, other Saiyans. Sometimes, though, we find unknowns that we can test ourselves against. Like Shek'hinah yesterday." She shrugged. "Sometimes, we get too excited and run in head first without at least taking a look to see if the environment is safe."

She chuckled and stirred her bowl with a spoon slowly. "It's gotten me in trouble more times than I can count. You can count on it persisting until it's beaten out of me."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar smirked.

"Fufufu.....threats? I merely state the simple fact....my race has never had a need or desire to lie, so the concept is as alien to me as I am to you, petite oni." Cthylla chuckled as she faded, reappearing near the center of the room.

"But Deals are such fun...an invisible bond shared between two entities, the bartering, the balance of wants and needs. I've only experience such things from a distance." Cthylla seemed to glide up to Meagan, her smile larger then before. "Would you like to make a deal? You may not be a god in the same way....but you have a light, and under the right conditions you could be useful as well. I'll accept any who wish to assist in the protection of their sphere.....in return for knowledge of you and yours."

"Fufufu.....threats? I merely state the simple fact....my race has never had a need or desire to lie, so the concept is as alien to me as I am to you, petite oni." Cthylla chuckled as she faded, reappearing near the center of the room.

"But Deals are such fun...an invisible bond shared between two entities, the bartering, the balance of wants and needs. I've only experience such things from a distance." Cthylla seemed to glide up to Meagan, her smile larger then before. "Would you like to make a deal? You may not be a god in the same way....but you have a light, and under the right conditions you could be useful as well. I'll accept any who wish to assist in the protection of their sphere.....in return for knowledge of you and yours."
    "Deals have a use, when they make sense. You mention knowledge of me and mine, there are no secrets there. Me and mine are an open book, one that costs nothing to read. As for being useful, you have already mentioned the issue lies with one such as yourself. You have given your warning on the threat. I assume you believe that this threat can only be mitigated with additional assistance from you? And that this assistance comes with a price." Meagan adjusted her stance so as not to be so close to the Voildling, "An honest man can also be a deceitful one if he hides the truth. I do not make deals blindly or under duress. You have not yet given me enough to prove your sincerity or your trustworthiness."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

What appeared to be a small smile appeared on Parsley's lips. "We'll see, human." Whether she was talking about her supposed sense of humor or him calling out her claim that she was holding back a substantial amount wasn't clear.

"Yes....that would be a good idea." Etrina sighed, wiping the dirt from her clothes. "...and make it a particularly good one, mind you. Or else I'll start remembering how unfitting babe is in referring to a lady.....unless you want your punishment where everyone can see?" The mage adjusted her hood and smiled devilishly.

Then, with a quick turn, she faced parsely and bowed her head. "That was an interesting exchange, I'm not one who is used to sparring but I thank you for indulging me all the same....hopefully mine was a performance you could appreciate as well.
    As she walked away to take a shower, she gave a small laugh at the interchange between Mistress and Slave. "It was finer than I anticipated," she answered Etrina as she walked away. "You'll be seeing more of me soon, magician."

With that, she disappeared inside the Lookout.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian glanced downwards for a moment, allowing himself to take in the thoughts and feelings that had been espoused so earnestly. Given the depth of Asha'Rah's feeling, the obvious weight of her decisions, it was a difficult moment for both of them, the tension of past decisions and memories thickening the air between the two. Held could scarely imagine the scale of conflict and suffering that Asha'Rah was describing. The mere punishment of a dissident, Hammer, was enough to kill off an entire world...It was almost horrifying in scale.

But.

Finally, here was something the Nevadian could wrap his mind around easily enough. While the concepts were still esoteric, and elusive, the core of the subject was one that anyone who had spent anytime contemplating the nature of power could understand. Asha'Rah's war boiled down to the nature of power, and if there could be any limits to the power that swelled within 'mere' mortals...And if said mortals could be trusted with such power to begin with.

"Well, It's as good a reason as any to have a war, I suppose." Held said after a moment, returning his gaze to meet Asha'Rah's own, "It's hard to really debate the point when someone like Sasheem is twenty feet away working on a Grand Tour for how he plans to decimate the universe...."

I tend to forget just how dangerous that guy can be sometimes....Even with his rap sheet, he was so childlike then, and so personable now...Well, I suppose it's easy enough to overlook when he's not nuking the whole place right in front of you. Still, I should be more cautious about him in the future....

".....And I can't say I disagree on the substance of the matter, since you've just described general interaction for the Universe with the Saiyans for as long as I care to remember.....I assume you must not be huge fans of them, then? They're not quite as....hedonistic about the whole thing as Sesheem is, but it'd be a generous sentiment to overlook the overlap."

While the Saiyans had improved by leaps and bounds over the last few decades, they could be considered the idea of moral might gone away, albeit to a lesser degree to Sasheem. Terrorizing worlds, wanton destruction, decimation of resources, outright oppression of other races--and even of their own-- an ever expanding trail of conquest until a few scant years ago, left the Nevadian with a slight distaste for Saiyans from a social standpoint.

It wouldn't have been an overstatement to credit the overwhelming power and cruelty of the Saiyan race with the formation of the Merchants Guild, and the Nevadians success in making alliances. Had the Saiyans not been so elitist, so violent and cruel, who would be able to say how the map of the universe would be drawn.

"Then again, I suppose you could make the same claim about all races, to a certain extent; With the Saiyans just being the most extreme....My people tend to focus a bit more on other pursuits, for what I like to think are more...Er...Benovolent reasons, for lack of a better term, but even our history has some level of bloodshed."

Held shrugged slightly.

"I can't say anyone wouldn't do the same in your situation. For better or worse. It's hard to negotiate, when one party won't even sit down to discuss terms with one another....It's practically an invitation for conflict to escalate..."

...Still, I'm surprised to hear the Gods to be so in conflict with one another. It's not that far removed from what you'd encounter in any other society....I guess bickering and infighting truly is a universal concept...

"That said...I do have to ask." He continued after a moment, choosing his words carefully, "What kind of universe did you envision? What kind of world did the gods who disagreed with you? I have to believe that all this came about because of more than the idea of 'might' in and of itself..."

Still...I'm not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, limits on power would make this world much more....Peaceful, I suppose...On the other hand, I'm a bit leery of entrusting anyone to decide my fate, even a group of gods. If nothing else, the current system makes change possible...I shudder to think how the universe would look if the Saiyans were decreed the ultimate in mortal power by the gods, with little that I or anyone else could do about it...Or, if somehow our lives ended up in opposition to the gods, heaven forbid..

"Surely, you all had your ideals...I can't imagine that you all lived and died so violently solely because of the nature of power..What were they? How did you all see this universe panning out?"

Held frowned for a moment, considering something.

"Then again...That's an unfair question to ask someone who can barely remember themselves, isn't it?"

He laughed nervously.

"Maybe we should save that bit for another time?"
    OOC: Sorry it's been taking so long to get to this. I'm learning a new job, moving house, etc. Excuses, excuses. *Bangs out post*

IC:

Held took in Asha'rah's words, nodding and adding in his own thoughts here and there. He posed to her a question: the tricky matter of the Saiyans. And true to form for one as blessed as he with a certain kind of intelligence, he was fairly close to the mark.

"The base-concept behind the Saiyan race was...not what I would have envisioned, no. They have an extraordinary inclination to strive, and in that they are worthy of admiration above all others. But with that came the qualities of pride, arrogance and a propensity for violence. Time after time Saiyans have grown into a warlike race, bringing out the worst in each other, striving for martial strength in their society to the extent of tunnel vision."

She smiled then, glancing briefly at Sarada with the look of someone happy enough to be wrong.

"But...it's not always the case. A society ruled by the powerful might be turned around if the most powerful manage to maintain some greater sense of purpose. I get the feeling Sarada and the Saiyans of universe 15 are not the only exceptions."

And then another question, one which stopped Asha'rah immediately. It wasn't a cold pause of shock, merely that it penetrated deep - what was her vision for the universe? Her cause had never been solely against an unjust multiverse. Held touched upon a matter almost sacred to a god of creation. What kind of universe would she create? What conditions would she set for life to spring forth upon? This was the question upon which every god of creation worthy of the name would spend most of their time perfecting their answer.

"Your question is fair, Held, and incisive. But also...personal. I have a feeling I know what I fought for, but I want to be sure before I give you the answer."

Sarada entered her ship and sat down in the largest seat in the center of the cabin. "When we exit the atmosphere, activate the portal to Vocado. We need to get there ASAP," she told the pilot.

"Yes, Your Majesty." As the pilot detached the energy tether keeping the ship docked to the Lookout, she glanced behind her and noticed that Sarada was the only one. "Are we not waiting for, erm, your Consort?"

She sighed. "No. She can catch up later. We need to go now." Having said that, it was only fair that she at least tell her she was leaving right then and why she was in such a hurry. 'Ishtar, I have to leave now. Turrip was attacked and I need to sort out what's what before responding.'

With her love now informed of what was going on in their Empire, Sarada gave the nod for the ship to take off. In a flash, the thrusters propelled the royal space cruiser upward, into the sky, and past the atmosphere. A blue portal opened, allowing the cruiser to slip through the light years between Earth and Vocado in an instant of time.

-------

Sarada arrived at the Royal Palace on Vocado moments after receiving word from Mato that 99% of Turrip's population had been wiped out. According to him, only a literal handful remained. She had already resolved in her heart before leaving Earth to not blame herself for such a tragedy, but she couldn't help but feel somewhat responsible. Maybe it came with wearing the crown, but she knew that there had to have been something she could have done to prevent this, to stop this before it got too far out of hand.

It was her duty as Queen to protect her subjects. She failed miserably not even a month in. How were the people supposed to trust her if they still stood the risk of being wiped out even after Jagam was killed?

This day was supposed to be one of celebration and jubilation. Jagam was dead; the Saiyan race was supposed to be safe and free to continue reforming their image and become the force for good they had been during the days of Vocado. Instead, they still lived with the unease of another army as powerful as the Tuffles apparently were entering their planet and killing them off.

Perhaps it was the universe paying them back for the centuries of terror and oppression they spread throughout the universe. If it was, how was that fair? Many of the Saiyans living across the Empire weren't even alive when their elders were killing off innocent people. If those responsible for the genocide had been killed, fine. But to kill children and teenagers who had grown up knowing that the old ways were wrong, and non-Saiyans visiting to reach agreements for trade and alliances showed that the Tuffles were too blinded by hatred and thoughts of revenge to think things through.

Not to mention none of the Turripian Saiyans had been involved with genocide.

“Welcome back,” Maiz greeted morosely.

Sarada nodded and followed her to the meeting room, where the other members of the council were waiting for her. She took her seat at the head of the table. “Show me the message.”

Wordlessly, Mato tapped the table to bring up the message Ava sent just a short while ago.

“Attention all available Saiyans, this is Ava of the Saiyan Humanitarian Group. Turrip has been occupied by an army of Tuffles. Survivors are requesting immediately help. Please hurry.”
    She listened to the disembodied voice recount a brief, but horrifying report. How many other races had made this very same message about Saiyans in the last several hundred years? Too many to count? Not enough?

First thing out of her mouth was, “Contact Prime Minister Zinloub and offer my sincerest condolences. His son was planet-side during this, right?”

Mato nodded. “Yes. He was there to show the engineers the new ultra armor the Heliolites had just developed. We were negotiating with them a contract to have them create newer, more powerful battle armors for our soldiers in exchange for monetary and fiscal resources.”

She sighed grimly. While she knew the dragonballs could and would bring him back to life, along with everyone else who was killed on Turrip, that would in no way alleviate the bitter sting of losing one's child. There would be hell to pay. At least they knew they could count on the Heliolites for support. “Who else of major import was killed?”

“Four members of the Conglomerate,” Becbaga answered. “And my daughter.”

If Sarada didn't know any better, it would have sounded as if Becbaga didn't care her own child was dead with how matter-of-factly she said it. That, of course, was the Saiyan way, to hold emotions inward until a moment of privacy could be attained. “I see.” A single nod offered her condolences.

“...” Mato was hesitant to speak for some reason. “...there's also this.” He tapped the table again.

“This is the SSV Endeavor. We're being fired upon by unknown assailants. I repeat, we are being fired upon by—”
    Silence gripped the meeting room. They all knew that the SSV Endeavor was one of the Academy ships used for field trips to other worlds. A quick search through Ruco's flight logs revealed that there were twenty-five children on that ship, along with three instructors and the pilot. Twenty-nine people, dead.

Sarada's eye twitch as she struggled to keep herself composed. Kids were her weak spot. She may have had trouble speaking to them, but her own turmoil as a child made her sensitive to the suffering of one. To hear the moments leading to their deaths... it was too much.

She breathed in deeply, then slowly exhaled to calm herself. “Was this also the Tuffles?”

“We don't know.”

“Fine.” She steepled her hands together and thought. There needed to be a response. They couldn't just let the Tuffles and whoever else they were involved with think they could go around killing Saiyans without serious repercussions. They may not have been the violent race they were years ago, but they were still feared for a reason. It was time to remind them of why.

First, they needed intelligence. They needed to know where their main base of operations was, what their intentions were – if those intentions weren't just to wipe the Saiyans off the face of existence – and who they were allied with. If they were going to war, they couldn't go into it blindly. They were going to be prepared.

“Tell the other colonies to go into high alert. There are too many unknowns right now. No one leaves for space travel unless necessary. If it is necessary, all ships should have at least three military cruisers as escorts at all times. No exceptions.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.” Mato left to send the decree to the other colonies.

While he left, she glanced at Maiz. “We need to rescue those survivors. First, we run reconnaissance, then we devise a plan. Send a stealth drone to assess what's going on on Turrip. If we can get eyes on the Saiyans that are left, then we can minimize the chance for conflict at this stage.”

She nodded. “And who will you send in for this rescue?”

The way she asked screamed that she already knew. Sarada knew as well. She knew that sending in too many people would increase the chances of being caught; especially since Saiyans weren't known for their stealth and patience. On the other hand, sending in too few would run the risk of them being unable to complete the mission before being overwhelmed by the Tuffle's superior weaponry.

There was only one correct answer.

“We'll send my sister in.” The dead silence was more telling than groans of discontent ever would have been. “She's nearly as strong as I am, and far more skilled. She's also patient enough to bide her time for the right opportunity.” What went unsaid was that this would also help redeem her after her controversial remarks during the Tournament.

Maiz nodded, denoting her approval of Sarada's reasoning.

An hour later, a small unmanned ship was en route to Turrip. It would take a day for it to arrive, at which point, it would launch the stealth surveillance drone to observe the planet and give them much needed information. From there, they could form a plan and move forward with the rescue. At some point, she was going to have to send for Parsley. She was hoping to delay that as long as possible, though she knew that was neither feasible nor practical. I'll give her until tomorrow. She only needs to know what I deem necessary, and I can't know that until I have the drone's feed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"....Hmm....You act as though you know more about my kind then the inventor, old wiseman. How interesting...." Cthylla calmly spoke from the side of the room where she had been holding a piece on of Jinzis tools with an appraising stare. "....is that meant for me....it looks dangerous....." Her tone wasn't exactly insincere, but the hint of otherworldly playfulness in it suggested she didn't really think much of the weapons he had brought.

Turning her attention to Meagan, Cthylla smiled at the newcomer. "....Welcome...Oh....you are familiar to me. One of those who assisted the inventor after his mind had been polluted. Are you a god?" The Voidling tilted her head, seemingly asking a legitimate question.

Cthylla turned her gaze now to the Oni arrival. "...........and you were there as well.......I've yet to be presented with a reason to be anything but benign, and I hope you continue to keep it that way."

Taking a step forward to examine Ishtar Further, the voidling didn't let the neutral smile leave her lips...but Ishtar could feel her gaze eating into her. ".....Your carrying the same soul sickened smell of the sentient who binded the inventors mind....but I also see a little.....Hakai as well. You MUST be one of the gods I seek then?"
    Wilhelm nods but doesn’t say anything, keeping the gun pointed down but at the ready just in case.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Eva also appears in CC, looking at the Voidling.

“Visitors, Hmm?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM