Page 611 of 782 FirstFirst ... 111511561601607608609610611612613614615621661711 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "They're gone," Meagan watched as the last one passed through the doorway before looking back at Althena, "so I can either show you the books I mentioned; you could get something to eat; or we can do some light sparing away from the others. Which would you prefer?"

" I'll do some light sparring." Althena said. Meanwhile on Pyrus’ home Praxat hands Cyanna a pair of high tech gloves. " Here wear these if you put them on they will form a barrier that will protect your body form extreme heat and cold. Oh I got more these gloves for any one who wants a pair," Praxat said.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I'll do some light sparring." Althena said. Meanwhile on Pyrus’ home Praxat hands Cyanna a pair of high tech gloves. " Here wear these if you put them on they will form a barrier that will protect your body form extreme heat and cold. Oh I got more these gloves for any one who wants a pair," Praxat said.

Cyanna looks at the gloves, then hands them back, "Thanks, but I can't. I can't do magic while wearing something like that. Besides, Chromakai are kind of used to extreme temperatures. Maybe Charco or Erosa could use them?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna looks at the gloves, then hands them back, "Thanks, but I can't. I can't do magic while wearing something like that. Besides, Chromakai are kind of used to extreme temperatures. Maybe Charco or Erosa could use them?"
    " Well I need to wear these if I don't the heat would likely dried up my mucus which would cause me to suffocated. Extreme cold on the other hand isn't that much of life threating issue it would just make me sluggish. However while wear these I won't be able to cling and climb up stuff like walls," Praxat said. Praxat then hands a two pairs of Thermal Barrier Gloves to Charco and Erosa.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan smiles through the pampering. "I'm fine, thank you, mistress. I just wanted to check in on how you're doing before we head out again to the next world, but... what's gotten into Parsley?"
    "If I had to make the assumption, It was my face." Etrina sighed. "I'm not sure if you were aware, but we had quite a fight the other day....Honestly I'm surprised I gave as good as I did. But in the end things went entirely overboard and I can't say it wasn't my fault either. She somehow got ahold of anti magic techniques.....a boon to our team, obviously, but vexing for me to fight against."

"But then I suppose you didn't come here to hear about my grievances with others.....You did good work on the first mission I hear..." Etrina smiled, then leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "To be expected of course.

Retired Overlord

"Erosa!" Zaofan snaps out of his gaze on Pyrus once he hears the Id's distress. "What's wrong? A-are you alright?" He crouches down to help Erosa and Mini-Etrina while looking around the environment for clues. "What's happening to her? Why is she... wait."

Looking some more, he notices the effects of the heat on some of the others, as well as Cthylla's collapse and return, but feeling nothing, he continues, oblivious to the heat, "What is this place? Sure, there's lava, but -- I don't understand what's happening to everyone! Is it the air?" Zaofan fails to see how some others are unaffected or tolerating the heat, as nothing seems wrong to him at first.
    "Yeah its the air.....ITS REALLY HOT!" Erosa whined. "I'm sweating in all kinds of places.....Colder~ero!" Erosa shook the little etrina, who was trying her hardest to keep the aura of cold up. "Aaaahhh.....I thought this was suppose to be the easy mission.....This is worse the the cold from the last mission..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    *snip-snip*

To those going through the door, a wave of heat hit them as Pyrus’ home welcomes them.

Oddly, if Zaofan and Ochazuke go, the heat does not bother them.

It is a stark and burnt looking world, and yet the trees of cherry fire flowers are breathtakingly beautiful contrasted against the blue sky.

Pyrus looks around and smiles, calling out in a strange tongue. A few moments later, two young children run to her, arms open as they embrace her. Both appear like her, a fiery humanoid, a boy and girl each. Roughly six to ten years old.

She hugs them back and turns to look at them all.

“Welcome. Forgive my not talking earlier, outside our world my voice does not work. An odd nature of our species.”
    When Zurvan claimed the one part of him that had been lost, when the portal beyond the Time Chamber coalesced its vision to their new destination, Ochazuke had to wonder if an Aspect's appraisal of 'ease' was an observation from a comfortable distance. A view set apart, far from mortal condition, and the thousands of miniscule matters an immortal mind.

Despite his condition from the last excursion, Ochazuke followed his comrades through the portal and set foot upon a world made of fire.

The softness of the soil beneath him spat plumes of ash, black motes rising on the convection stream of the flowing magma that coursed through veins of incandescent blood. He curled his nose lightly; there was a sharp, dry note of brimstone there where they stood among blackened trees beneath the familiar blue sky.

Their guide's voice - her voice! - rang out as two presences stirred and approached the group. Still studying the length of the brutal burning surrounding them, Ochazuke shrugged silently, and left Pyrus to her momentary reverie.

White torrents of smoke rose, lifting the petals of the fire flowers up to a clear sky, radiant sparks dancing among the fall of sunshine. Amid constant destruction and renewal, as ever, the life upon Earth found a way.

Zaofan looked at his hands, then wiped his brow to check. Nothing. No sweat or perspiration. Not even any labored or difficult breathing. "I... I don't understand it myself! I mean, the only training I ever received about heat was from Master Balon of the Dragon School, and that was very specialized -- Ochazuke and I can protect ourselves only from the fires that we generate ourselves. What is going on here?"

Still in a little bit of worry and confusion, Zaofan nods with Charco. "Yes, good idea. If we're in a calmer location, we'll be in better shape to figure all this out. Elemental, would you lead the way?"
    "Learning the form is to seek out the formless, and the ultimate end of the practice is to cultivate quality." he said, exchanging a look with his martial brother, before turning his attention to the ashen earth beneath his feet.

The fundamental skill passed to them from a dead art had been instrumental to their resistances, time and time again. As the sweltering heat closed in about and threatened to consume them, Ochazuke was made aware of the condition which plagued the large share of their allies.

Raising his arm, he closed his fist and loosed a short exhale. Rippling through the air surrounding him and weaving between each of the gathered warriors, a spark of the Five ignited Karura no Kaen*. The ethereal flame, contrary to the encroaching physical one which assailed them from all sides, burned only impediments against them. The endurance of the legacy art they had learned from Balon, Ochazuke loaned to them all.

"Must be second nature to you by now, for fire cannot burn a Dragon."

*Karura no Kaen: Burning away the influence of outside conditions, Ochazuke has loaned elemental resistance to all surrounding allies! Further proximity to Ochazuke will diminish its effects!
    *10 posts remaining

Default Where in the When, is Ishtar Sandiego ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Focus on where, and when.

Fine.

Parsley breathed in and closed her eyes. Moments ticked by without anything actually happening. Then, the environment and surrounds shifted drastically in reaction to what Parsley had been thinking about.

It... perhaps wasn't good that her mind was focused squarely on Vocado just moments ago. As a consequence, her youthful imagination immediately flashed to stories of the titanic clash between the Saiyan and the ancient warlord, Glacier. There had been dramatizations of their battle, but the details always varied wildly. No one alive knew what happened, and all they had to go on were the journals Vocado left behind. Several of them were too degraded to be legible. To the chagrin of historians, this meant his battle with Glacier was lost to the sands of time.

Thus, here they were.
    It seemed Parsley didn't mind, or at the least didn't care if Ishtar tagged along.

No sooner had the workings of the Pendulum Room had been explained, the Saiyan Princess set herself immediately to picking a where, and when. Which itself, was all well and good for Ishtar. For at this point any training -- be it watching Parsley train, or joining in herself -- would be better than what she had been doing beforehand and it afforded her a chance to focus on something other than her father dying; and more on, perhaps, finding the much needed strength to overcome what lay on the horizon.

Marduk. Genesis. Auroc ... An Alternate Self driven to Madness ...

And it seemed, as Parsley willed a where and when around them, that the distraction would be happening sooner rather than later.

Ishtar and Parsley found themselves in the middle of an alien world. The broken, destroyed ruins of what looked like a rudimentary city stood behind them. Before them was a fresh chasm that stretched for miles, reaching and curving around the horizon. The sky above was alight with the bright, blinding flashes of clash blasts. However, at further inspection, Parsley saw that the flashes weren't blasts, but rather colliding auras - one gold and the other violet.

There was only one place they were: the planet Frost, two thousand years ago.

Before Parsley could marvel, the auras clashed again, creating a shockwave that ripped through the sky and destroyed the rocky structure they happened to be standing by. Parsley and Ishtar were thrown to the ground just as the two combatants were landing hundreds of feet in front of them.
    Though ... as Ishtar looked around, it seemed to be little more than another ruin.

"Hm."

*double snip*

They didn't seem to notice they were there. Yet, that was. Parsley would rather have it stay that way, if they immense powers they were emitting at the time were any indication. Even as a Super Saiyan, she felt like a fly compared to them.

"Unreal," she uttered when they engaged each other again. The ground trembled and shook with each blow. A thunderous blow sent Glacier flying. Right toward them! "****! Look out!" Parsley shot to her feet and flew back toward the city.
    It didn't take long forever to get a sense of why it was Parsley'd called this particular when to mind, as with a sound not dissimilar to thunder, a burst of purple and gold illuminated the blasted landscape for miles around and the golden-eyed Oni found herself chuckling. Clearly the talk of legends, and of forging one's own had caused her to focus on one in particular. Though not knowing fully which this was -- Vocado, Beatz, Buffet, or Brocado -- Ishtar could only watch and wonder until the Arcosian touched down some hundred meters away.

That was Glacier, if her memory of Sarada's recounting held. The Saiyan across was, then ...

"Vocado."

Identified then, Ishtar set herself to watching closely. She was certainly no Saiyan, so the transformation that could be managed by them to become as Vocado before them now was impossible for her ... and yet the Oni had learned a long time ago that anything can be insightful provided you find a means to incorporate it into one's self.

Her interest however, quickly shifted to concern, when the series of blows that shook the ground resulted in Glacier being hurled toward both Parsley, and herself ... and hearing the Saiyan Princess' exclamation; the Oni grunted and herself teleported out of the way. Not so far back as the city, but far enough to the side to avoid being caught up in what would surely be a savage follow up from Vocado.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

OOC: Praxat has giving Charco and Erosa Thermal Barrier Gloves created by Qaztoh. These gloves when put on will form a thin barrier around the user who wears them that protects them from extreme heat and cold using quantum mechanics.
    My Forum check it out

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Pyrus smiles and nods, leading them down a valley. As she walks she introduces her children, Cynder and Pyre, and explains that there are extreme elemental shifts all over the Earth. The Fire Lands are her home, but there are sections covered in other elements as well. The defeated Ice Knight came from one such place.

As she guides you further, more Fire elementals appear to observe the odd group. Soon they are in the midst of hundreds of them, and then a small village or city where they seem to dwell. No real sign of advanced tech as they would recognize it, though as Pyrus speaks she is clearly highly intelligent and worldly.

Eventually, they stop at the base of a stone staircase heading high up, a red temple seated upon its’s top.

“The nexus is there, with our guardian. I shall take you and introduce you to her.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Pyrus smiles and nods, leading them down a valley. As she walks she introduces her children, Cynder and Pyre, and explains that there are extreme elemental shifts all over the Earth. The Fire Lands are her home, but there are sections covered in other elements as well. The defeated Ice Knight came from one such place.

As she guides you further, more Fire elementals appear to observe the odd group. Soon they are in the midst of hundreds of them, and then a small village or city where they seem to dwell. No real sign of advanced tech as they would recognize it, though as Pyrus speaks she is clearly highly intelligent and worldly.

Eventually, they stop at the base of a stone staircase heading high up, a red temple seated upon its’s top.

“The nexus is there, with our guardian. I shall take you and introduce you to her.”
    Blizzar glances around this land of fire, with rivers flowing with magma and where the stinging smells of soot and sulfur permeated the air. That life could arise from such an environment was truly surprising, but he supposed it was not the strangest thing he had ever encountered.

And there were other such lands, each embodying different elements as well. All the more curious."Pyrus...if possible, could you elaborate further on what kind of catastrophe your planet had endured to force it to evolve this way?" Blizzar asked.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Her interest however, quickly shifted to concern, when the series of blows that shook the ground resulted in Glacier being hurled toward both Parsley, and herself ... and hearing the Saiyan Princess' exclamation; the Oni grunted and herself teleported out of the way. Not so far back as the city, but far enough to the side to avoid being caught up in what would surely be a savage follow up from Vocado.
    Glacier landed hard mere feet from the spot where Parsley and Ishtar had been standing moments earlier, creating a sizable trench in the already ruined ground as he slid to a volatile stop. He struggled to his knees, grunting and groaning in permeable pain. The two hidden onlookers immediately noticed that there was something different about him. From Koorimaru and Blizzar, plus whatever dealings they had with other Arcosians, it was well known that they all sounded the same. It was an evolutionary quirk that confounded onlookers and sent rippling giggles through throngs of Frost Demons.

However, Glacier sounded much different. He sounded not so much more refined, but just... different. This was startling in and of itself. Add in the fact that she could slightly understand what he was saying and Parsley was staggered.

"Damned simian! I should have wiped out his entire godforsaken race the very moment I first considered it!" Glacier rose to his feet in time to shoot back to avoid Vocado's pending charge. The Super Saiyan didn't relent, quickly closing the gap and engaging Glacier again.

The collision of their blows created shockwaves that made the very ground under them all tremble and shatter like fragile glass. It was breathtaking, the power on display. Not just the power, but the technique; or rather, the absence of any immediately recognizable one. Even still, Parsley's martial eye detected the rudimentary fundamentals of Saiyan-Do, the base fighting form from which her White Fang, Sarada's Crimson Fist, and so many other fighting forms implemented by Saiyan warriors were derived from.

The fighting was savage and desperate. Vocado's rage was tangible; it poured out of his every pore like a thick smoke, choking and strangling the very air around them. Glacier's own rage was comparable, but from a different sort. It was indignation, obviously derived from the assumed affront that his slaves dared to rise against him and revolt. To find himself locked in mortal combat with one, was unthinkable.

To consider that he was losing was even more so.

A thunderous collision sent both fighters spiraling out of control briefly before they righted themselves.

"You're finished, Glacier," Vocado declared. "You're going to die on this hellish wasteland you've built for yourself. A fitting end, I'd say."

Glacier growled furiously. "What did you say?! I'm going to die? OHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!" Well, at least the laugh was the same. "My dear ape, I dare say you have it all wrong. You see, a mere monkey can never overcome the will of a god such as myself. And now that I've allowed you your fun, I'm going to take my time picking you apart, limb from limb. Hmhmhm, just like I did that little bald creature."

For some reason, the mention of that little bald creature doused the already roaring flames of Vocado's anger in gas. "Bald creature? Are you talking about Klearin?!" His golden aura exploded, filling the sky in its luminescence. "I'LL KILL YOU!!" he roared as he shot forward.

Glacier exploded forward to meet him, and the hellacious battle resumed.

Parsley's blood was pumping. There she was, right in the midst of this legendary battle that shaped her race's future in ways that neither combatant could have dreamed of. She realized the opportunity she had before her. She bore witness to a fight that no one else had laid eyes on. Historians were going to love her!

"Incredibl-Oh." Unless she was mistaken, Vocado was looking right at them. He must have, because why else would he have gotten distracted enough to miss the massive haymaker that nearly knocked his head off and sent him flying into a nearby mountain.

No matter. This was just a simulation, after all.

Which... did very little to quell the thundering thump in her chest that was her heart when Glacier noticed her and Ishtar and started flying in their direction. "****!"

He landed softly. A pair of dead, white eyes glared menacingly at the both of them. His power beat on them like a pair of massive wings; the pressure produced was almost too much to stand up to. "Well, well. What have we here? A pair of stragglers? How fortunate that your waffling has given me a pair of examples with which to taunt that incessantly impudent animal. And that one of them is a Saiyan is all the better." He regarded Ishtar and frowned. "Hm, and an Oni. I never thought I'd see one in person. How... wonderful."

His smile was chilling as he advanced toward them.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

As they walked toward Pyrus' village, Sarada took in the surroundings with a critical eye. In the distance, she could see a harsh change in the environment. This patchwork of climates was a near picture perfect reminder of Tatenen; only less hostile. For now, that was.

The villagers that lived with Pyrus seemed... not so much friendly, but curious. Understandable; this was likely the first time any of them had seen a Saiyan, an Id, or humans. This, if they had the time, could have been a learning experience for both parties. It wasn't every day that she encountered actual elementals - that she could actually understand.

Sadly, no time. Certainly no time for a quick fight with their strongest fighter, even more sadly. Sarada stifled a sigh and tightened her fist. There was more at stake than sating her battle lust. Time itself was at stake, after all. That was important.

After, though... she couldn't help but hope that it was still possible to travel to these timelines even after the nexuses had been absorbed.

Speaking of, the nexus of this timeline was at the top of the large stone staircase before them, inside a red temple. All they had to do was let Pyrus explain the situation to the guardian and that would be that. "Sounds like a plan," she commented before starting up the stairs after the elemental.

She refrained from mentioning how smoothly everything was going compared to the last one. Only a complete dumbass would tempt fate that blatantly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

At the Lookout Qaztoh walks towards Althena and Meagan then stops " Well at lest there's thermal gloves I gave Praxat is going keep her save from extreme temperatures on that Fire elemental's home world. Speaking which I also give a couple more of those gloves so she could give them to the others," Qaztoh said. Qaztoh walks around in a circle pacing herself. " This might sound strange but I have actually met a person similar to that fire elemental before and he was alien name Pyrrhos Vigor , He was a scary looking dude whos body was always covering in fire , he was always so serious, and he's a member of that space pirate crew I was with for 3 years," Qaztoh Said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-25-2019 at 04:39 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Yeah its the air.....ITS REALLY HOT!" Erosa whined. "I'm sweating in all kinds of places.....Colder~ero!" Erosa shook the little etrina, who was trying her hardest to keep the aura of cold up. "Aaaahhh.....I thought this was suppose to be the easy mission.....This is worse the the cold from the last mission..."
    Praxat examines the environment " Seriously Erosa and Charco put on the Thermal Barrier gloves I gave to you two! They will protect you two from extreme heat and cold. I have couple more of these gloves on me if any body else what's a pair," Praxat Said.
    My Forum check it out

Pacing slowly under the familiar sky within a world so alien was, in a word, disorientating.

From the smoldering lava-peaks they descended into the ashen valleys, wherein the city of hundreds of burning presences lit their gazes towards them. On a world so separated from theirs, it was difficult to forget their group were the oddities here. The closer they came, the more acutely aware he became of a concentrated heat that only seemed to rise the closer they coalesced together.

By their very nature their space was one of immolation; to touch, to speak, an act of consumption. To still their quaking, Ochazuke folded his arms across his chest, and became all the more wary of the conditions that surrounded them.

No water here, for what use would these Pyrelings have for it, he mused to himself, standing there behind Pyrus at the clearing near the foot of the staircase. What's more, the Doctor turned his view to this place...

The ease of locating the Nexus, that fragment of Time's own essence, struck him with an alarming ease. A bead of sweat rolled down his temple.

No life as we understand by our reckoning. Yet it persists and shall simply be.

Shifting his stance, Ochazuke examined the genius loci of this shifted Earth with Muhen Seikai Keihatsu, reaching inside the very spirit of the planet to analyze the living energies that coursed through each of its polar extremities to understand what common force drove these Elementals.

OOC: 9