Page 353 of 782 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Zaofan, Divine Secrets Of Cosmos Cooking is riveting. It’s a small book, with maybe 100 pages with recipes or so, but each is exotic. Space meats and vegetables, exotic fruits from far off planets, and even several from Earth that he’s never heard of (all up to his own creation here, Cyke).

However, he finds three in the back that are specially interesting. Two with ingredients he’ll need to get from space, but one that he can make here on Earth. It’s called Sapphire Fire Soup, made with a rare Crimson Sapphire flower extract. It intonates that the Soup has the power, if a full bowl is made, to increase a huaman’s power level greatly.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Ah, there you two are!" Blizzar greeted, having located them. "I just had quite the wonderful meeting with your esteemed world leader!" he spoke to Jinzi in a jovial tone, though the human inventor and the Saiyan regent would see that the look on his face stated otherwise.
    Oh, well, look at that. The Arcosian GP officer finished his meeting with Grinthorn before Sarada had a chance to relieve herself. She supposed there was no reason to stick around.

"So, you realize it to? I plan on keeping as close an eye on him as I can and I suggest you do the same."

She glanced behind her and found a door with a strange symbol on it. A circle balanced on top of a triangle with four rectangles sticking out of it.

"Where does that door lead?" she asked Jinzi, pointing to it. "And what's that symbol mean?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley stopped rubbing her face and let her hand fall to the side when the voice called out to her. It was... that person Zaofan went racing with.

What was her name? Sprint? Run? Speedwalk? ..."Dash." Ah, that was it. "Hello. ...How are you?"
    "Ah..I'm fine. Just getting some food. Might as well, considering ah went out to get much of it. Ah figured Sasheem was serious when he said he'd help me get stronger, but so far all he's done is send me out for take out." She then looked a little embarrassed, "Sorry for that, you must have more important things to do than to listen to me run on."
    Last edited by Tami; 10-14-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Oh, well, look at that. The Arcosian GP officer finished his meeting with Grinthorn before Sarada had a chance to relieve herself. She supposed there was no reason to stick around.

"So, you realize it to? I plan on keeping as close an eye on him as I can and I suggest you do the same."

She glanced behind her and found a door with a strange symbol on it. A circle balanced on top of a triangle with four rectangles sticking out of it.

"Where does that door lead?" she asked Jinzi, pointing to it. "And what's that symbol mean?"
    He frowns.

“I’m not sure.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Indeed. I'm beginning to think...certain elements are drwn to this planet," Blizzar stated, with slightly concealed sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He frowns.

“I’m not sure.”
    "I would not advise investigating it or anything else here..." Blizzar warned, wary of such a symbol. "Not now."

He frowns.

“I’m not sure.”
    "Indeed. I'm beginning to think...certain elements are drwn to this planet," Blizzar stated, with slightly concealed sarcasm.

"I would not advise investigating it or anything else here..." Blizzar warned, wary of such a symbol. "Not now."
    There was no telling where the room led. It could have some top secret torture chamber or a room where additional Cohb Grinthorn clones were harvested for consumption by the master copy.

There was no way to be sure.

Just when Sarada was about to agree with Blizzar, a sound filtered out from under the door. Moments later, it opened and a woman walked out, drying her hands with a brown piece of paper.

Sarada raised an eyebrow and caught sight of what was inside before the door closed. "Oh. It's a restroom," she realized. As if she had known all along, she wordlessly stepped inside and closed it behind her.

What a strange symbol. ...come to think of it, it resembles a woman wearing a dress. How stupid. Why not just have the word "woman" on the door to avoid this kind of confusion. Even a mega-genius like Jinzi was perplexed!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

There was no telling where the room led. It could have some top secret torture chamber or a room where additional Cohb Grinthorn clones were harvested for consumption by the master copy.

There was no way to be sure.

Just when Sarada was about to agree with Blizzar, a sound filtered out from under the door. Moments later, it opened and a woman walked out, drying her hands with a brown piece of paper.

Sarada raised an eyebrow and caught sight of what was inside before the door closed. "Oh. It's a restroom," she realized. As if she had known all along, she wordlessly stepped inside and closed it behind her.

What a strange symbol. ...come to think of it, it resembles a woman wearing a dress. How stupid. Why not just have the word "woman" on the door to avoid this kind of confusion. Even a mega-genius like Jinzi was perplexed!
    Blizzar sighed, a sweat drop coming down from his head. "Ah...a lavatory, of course." He turned to Jinzi. "Are we all done here, then? I'd prefer to leave as soon as possible. Lots of work to do after all..." IT wasn't often that the Arcosian lieutenant lost his composure like this, but this wasn't a regular meeting. He turned to Sarada. "I'd like to discuss something with you as well, Saiya-er, that is to say, Queen Sarada."

Jinzi just stares, then sweat drops and shakes his head.

“Figures.”

He looks at the other two.

“Yeah, we’re done here.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Blizzar sighed, a sweat drop coming down from his head. "Ah...a lavatory, of course." He turned to Jinzi. "Are we all done here, then? I'd prefer to leave as soon as possible. Lots of work to do after all..." IT wasn't often that the Arcosian lieutenant lost his composure like this, but this wasn't a regular meeting. He turned to Sarada. "I'd like to discuss something with you as well, Saiya-er, that is to say, Queen Sarada."
    Jinzi just stares, then sweat drops and shakes his head.

“Figures.”

He looks at the other two.

“Yeah, we’re done here.”
    Sarada stepped out after a few minutes and heard Jinzi declare they were done there. "Good. Let's leave. I still have business to take care of."

She glanced up at the Arcosian. "What is it you need to discuss with me?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada stepped out after a few minutes and heard Jinzi declare they were done there. "Good. Let's leave. I still have business to take care of."

She glanced up at the Arcosian. "What is it you need to discuss with me?"
    "I have an offer. Give me a moment to think of it," Blizzar noted, obviously not wanting to speak until they were far away from this place.

"I have an offer. Give me a moment to think of it," Blizzar noted, obviously not wanting to speak until they were far away from this place.
    She raised an eyebrow, then quickly understood what he was trying to say. She nodded. "Alright. If you're heading back to the Lookout, we can talk there." With that, she started for the exit, retracing the steps they made from the restroom to Grinthorn's office, then from there to the exit. The faster she got out of there, the better. I need to make sure that the next time I'm here is the last time. And that I'm not alone.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah..I'm fine. Just getting some food. Might as well, considering ah went out to get much of it. Ah figured Sasheem was serious when he said he'd help me get stronger, but so far all he's done is send me out for take out." She then looked a little embarrassed, "Sorry for that, you must have more important things to do than to listen to me run on."
    "You went to Sasheem of all people to train?" Parsley inquired, face and voice in total disbelief. "Why? The only thing he'll train you to be is a pompous, boastful clown with no means of backing your words with deeds." She shook her head. "If you want real training, join Zaofan and me tomorrow morning at dawn."

She shook her head, then something dawned on her. "Wait, what do you mean sent you out for take-out? What is take-out?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"You went to Sasheem of all people to train?" Parsley inquired, face and voice in total disbelief. "Why? The only thing he'll train you to be is a pompous, boastful clown with no means of backing your words with deeds." She shook her head. "If you want real training, join Zaofan and me tomorrow morning at dawn."

She shook her head, then something dawned on her. "Wait, what do you mean sent you out for take-out? What is take-out?"
    Her expression lightened up considerably, as did her mood, but Dash would not risk jinxing this with a comment. Instead, she simply responded, "Take-out, it means go'in to a restaurant an' orderin food to eat elsewhere. To take the food out of the restaurant and bring it home, or in this case to the lookout."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Seems pointless to get involved, unless something weird happens."

As soon as Cyanna spoke, they could sense the sudden appearance of two more visitors behind and to the left of them. The visitors joined them near the edge of the ledge, talking to each other as if Cyanna and Charco weren't there. They seemed somehow familiar to the young Chromakai, yet she wasn't certain how. As a result she found herself staring at them.

Two women, human-like, each around Charco's height. One with shoulder length silver/blond hair, the other with short, deep black hair. What distinguished them from humans were the feathered wings, one set silver/white, the other deep black, that lay folded against their backs. As they moved, it was possible to catch a quick view of their eyes, both with prismatic irises of many colors. [Reference Images]

Looking down at the combat below, the darker haired woman spoke first.

"Are you sure about this? If the Science Academy finds out, you'll be lucky if they only expel you. You know the rules about non-interference."

The silver haired woman responded, "I have seen too many promising races fail due to now fault of their own. You see how they do battle? They take care not to damage each other's villages and farms."

"So what? They prize property over the lives and welfare of their own children! How does that make them more worthy that other races?"

There was silence, before a measured reply, "Their lives are harsh, made worse by their condition. Yet, they struggle, not only to survive as individuals, but to also protect their tribes. The children are not shielded from this harsh life, yet they do not show signs of weakness in the face of it."

The silver haired woman turned to her companion, arms outstretched as if to emphasize a point, "They know only what they can hear, they can not see the beauty of their world, and the beauty within each other. Their words are like music, yet music without art is limited. Without art, their can be no science. Without science, they will never move past this stage of development."

"That can't be true, they already have agriculture, and tools, and weapons."

"I have examined the bodies of some who died in combat. There is promise, but it stilted. It can be fixed. Besides, this can be thre most wonderful experiment ever!"

"Alright, but once you do this, they are your responsibility."

"You'll help me then?"

The dark haired woman spread her wings, "When have I ever not helped my sister?"

With that, the silver haired woman spread her own wings. Then the two sisters dived downward at high speed, each aimed at one row of children. As they reached them, as they touched each one, the children vanished.

Once the children were gone, the battle below slowly ended. The adults acting both confused, and possibly worried. Cyanna could hear them call out what could be names, waiting for responses but not receiving any.

As the two sisters flew upward, the silver haired one stopped in front of Cyanna and Charco, "They will not be harmed. This is only the beginning. You will find what you seek two thousand years into the future, my children."

With that, the sounds of the clocks returned and the world around them began to dissolve.

When it came back into focus, they saw the world around them had changed. They were now on an open plain, a grassy field with grazing animals in the distance and birds overhead.
    That was strange.

Usually those they encountered in the room acknowledged them in the barest sense, but these two had personally addressed them as if they had been awaiting their spiritual visit. Before he could seek to ask them what they meant, the room shifted their surroundings to something else.

What was the reason behind witnessing the blind armies? Did it tie in to those they would be facing, or was there another agenda the Pendulum room had in store for them?

"Think we're still on Chroma?" He asked Cyanna, trying to take a glimpse of the surrounding fauna for any clues.

While everyone was otherwise preoccupied, Sasheem had made a raid on the Lookout Library, figuring Evangeline wouldn't mind if he borrowed them for a while...probably. He put them all in a backpack he'd found while meandering about and had phased up through the lookout's surface to see if anyone was around. before he slinked off.