Page 297 of 782 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The more Ishtar learned of this Heavenly War, the more she realized the ramifications of Asha'rah's actions. That the true source of the problem had not be her, certainly, what she had done had lead to an escalation of things by others of like station.

"I see."

One such casestood before the Oni now, A God of Destruction, seeking the energies of Creation. Though Hammer's saving grace, was, perhaps, that he refused to cannabalize the energies of another ...

At least not until after his death.

Realizing too late however that her blow would not connect, Ishtar was instead quickly snatched out of the air again; only this time she not extricate herself unscathed the powerful hand straight away squeezing hard enough to fracture ribs.

"Hrk."

What a bother.

Jack's intervention proved timely however. Before the damage done could escalate the much changed fighter launched a flurry of knives at Hammer -- followed up by a double cleaver chop -- that caused the undead Namekian to drop Ishtar.

Taking a moment to catch her breath and assess the situation, then, the golden-eyed Oni sighed before throwing herself back into combat with Hammer, claws biting into necrotic tissue once more as she looked to rip the fallen GoD's unbeating heart out.
    Her claws sink deep, finding no heart though.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem, still on the back of one of the worms, wrapped one of his arms around the worm's neck and with the other, he attempted to peel back the metallic scales, hoping there was a vulnerable spot for he and the others to target underneath.
    He does so, finding exposed wires and servos to attack.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Between Parsley and Praxat, the smaller worm falls, no longer moving. Sasheem is still wrestling with a larger one.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    "Just what Sasheem needed!" The Majin grinned, one arm still clutching the scale while the other remained wrapped around the worm's neck. Kicking off in the worm's back, Sasheem leaped backwards, that arm holding onto the beast not letting go as Sasheem stretched backwards.

As soon as he deemed himself far enough, he rapidly drew himself forward, slamming the broken off scale into the exposed part of the worm.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Gotcha boss, focus a city wide power beam in a twenty foot area..........Wait How the hell am I suppose to do that!"

Finished her cursory examination of the Cairn*, Etrina turned her full attention to the device and Ocuhazukes plan. "Is that all, You are a magical conduit are you not.....perhaps you should act like one. Absorb and focus the emitted energy with your body......here..." Etrina reached into her pocket and produced the sleeping Green Foci. "Have her help you.....contain and focus it onto Ochazuke, who will then use it to hit the enemy."

"Zzzz.....eh.....ok...." The Green Etrina woke with a start. ".....what a bother......"

The two Foci took their places around the edge of the stunner. "Say......will transmitting this kinda energy through us have any....ya know.....lasting effects?"

"Who can say, you'll manage." Etrina said and pushed the button.

(*I'll leave it to you if she figured anything out on that end cleric)
    When Etrina pushed the button, the timbre of the machine began to raise in pitch as something within its chassis became unlocked. Hard, mechanical decoupling rang out in a series as the lightning streaks coalesced at the apex of the Neural Stunner in a familiar halo of blue-white energy. The radiance lurched up and outward with a dull roar threatening to lash outward over the destroyed Cairn Yard.

By the swift action of the White and Green Channel Foci, the light was skillfully channeled, contained, and collapsed in its shape as it arced out between them.

"Energy, intrinsic or exogenous, matters little compared to the skill required to wield it," he said, the energy tether coursing from the machine, through the Foci, and into his right hand. Beads of sweat rolled down from his headband as the energy was collected. "We'll do it together."

The dusted earth around the stunner lurched under a thunderous boom that shook the ground. With a pulse, the full font of the concentrated energy discharged; Ochazuke dashed his hands together and hurled it forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The more Ishtar learned of this Heavenly War, the more she realized the ramifications of Asha'rah's actions. That the true source of the problem had not be her, certainly, what she had done had lead to an escalation of things by others of like station.

"I see."

One such casestood before the Oni now, A God of Destruction, seeking the energies of Creation. Though Hammer's saving grace, was, perhaps, that he refused to cannabalize the energies of another ...

At least not until after his death.

Realizing too late however that her blow would not connect, Ishtar was instead quickly snatched out of the air again; only this time she not extricate herself unscathed the powerful hand straight away squeezing hard enough to fracture ribs.

"Hrk."

What a bother.

Jack's intervention proved timely however. Before the damage done could escalate the much changed fighter launched a flurry of knives at Hammer -- followed up by a double cleaver chop -- that caused the undead Namekian to drop Ishtar.

Taking a moment to catch her breath and assess the situation, then, the golden-eyed Oni sighed before throwing herself back into combat with Hammer, claws biting into necrotic tissue once more as she looked to rip the fallen GoD's unbeating heart out.
    BGM - Between the Hammer and the Anvil

No sooner than after Ishtar and the others had struck, Ochazuke guided the loosed the column of energy toward the long-dead God of Destruction with a modified form of the technique he'd learned studying the Junjo weapon.

Kongosho

Strangely, when it struck, there was not so much any impact in the surrounding air. Indeed, there was not a square inch of force imparted to the vicinity or upon the matter of Hammer's rotted form, and even his sloughing countenance would likely withstand the effort as effortlessly as statues persist through droplets of rain. The shape of a weapon, however, can be deceiving as it is shaped by the intent behind it.

Saifa Kensaku

Manipulating the energy, so like the ki he'd held restrained, Ochazuke struck at the very spark which animated the Namekian's movements. The technique was amplified by the energy meant to displace thousands coalesced upon just one. The numbing tide of droplets fell upon Hammer like a storm of iron nails as they struck to push the fallen god's essence, his ki, the deathly curse, and the flicker of Hakai, out of his reanimated corpse.

The above erupts out of the ground before the oasis edges, metal tendrils wiping out of its mouth towards those defending the bunker.
    As soon as Meagan saw the monster, she knew what she had to do. Using a combination of multiple abilities, she moved in quick and began draining the power out of the creature. As she did, she transformed that energy into Psychic 'Psy' energy and blasted it back at the creature.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

while defender the bunker and being at basically sniping distance by using her tongue as a long range weapon Praxat thinks to her self ( yeah I think this is the best position for me to be at base on the combat scenario I'm using. well I know I'm not a expert in combat , but I think my combat plan is holding up well. **** I hope the other's don't mistake my tongue for one of those worms outside. well I can't see them , but I know those worms out their by the way they feel and taste on my tongue. )

( of course how can they possibly mistake my tongue for one of those things. my tongue and those things look nothing alike. )
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Between Parsley and Praxat, the smaller worm falls, no longer moving. Sasheem is still wrestling with a larger one.
    With a tandem effort between herself and whoever the hell was inside that robot that appeared out of nowhere -- she was at first concerned about it, but then relaxed once it was clear it was on their side -- Parsley shifted her attention to the larger of the two worms. The Majin was already working on exposing its underside that had previously been covered by its armor, so she quickly flew to back him up.

When she arrived, she watched him stretch back and then recoil, slamming into the creature's exposed bits with thunderous force. Once he was clear out of the way, she opened fire, cutting through the wires and mechanical parts. "Work on exposing more of its underside."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Those sorting through the remains of the machines find the metal outer casing is extremely durable. Not katchin, but still up there in durability. Insid each has a generator for the blasts that convert solar energy, alongside a strange speherical red marble mounted inside. No idea what that does.

———

When Asha’rah hears that echo of a voice reach out to her is the same time Ishtar attempts to wake the dead.

A low voice echoes across the Cairn Yard.

‘Asha’rah! Asha’rah! ASHA’RAH!’

A decaying arm shoots out of the ground, wrapping around Asha’rah’s throat with incredible force, the fingers actually denting her metallic neck. Another shoots out and latches onto to Ishtar’s forearm, the grip breaking her arm as a terrible weight seems to fall upon all their senses as the voice speaks again.

Hakai!’

The Cairn Yard floor, where the dead had come from, glows reddish black and then vanishes, leaving a giant hole with two incredibly strectched arms holding the two women. The arms pull something up out of the darkness.

Glowing with a faint aura of destruction, the clearly dead Namekian looks with his missing eyes and grins.

‘You have awoken me, foolish Asha’rah. And brought me a gift of Hakai in the Oni. Thank you.’

Asha’rah knows him as Hammer, God of Destruction for Universe 18. The Mad GoD, put down and trapped millennia ago by a God of Creation during Asha’rah’s Rebellion. The memory finally slides in place in her mind. Awoken now by Ishtar and Asha’rah, beings with the energy he craves.
    The voice within the Earth grew in strength, and in aggression. What started out as a ready, faint call grew unnaturally in strength born of hunger unending.

‘Be reborn once I eat you, girl. You and Asha’rah both. Heh, a double dosage of Destruction energy AND a desert of Creational? Oh the things I’ll do. Starting with that bitch who trapped me here.’

Hammer slams a hand down and grabs Ishtar mid-swing.
    As Asha’rah reached out, the voices grew louder in strength and…hostility? Before Asha’rah could probe further, a pair of arms burst forth from the ground, fetid but still flexible and incredibly strong. One seized Ishtar by the arm, crunching bone under its unnatural grip. Ishtar could handle pain better than almost anyone, but the sound of her being harmed nonetheless roused a wrathful fire within Asha’rah.

The other gripped the fallen god herself by the neck, crumpling metal plating and causing servos to whine in protest. Asha’rah’s own arms shot upwards reflexively to protect her most vulnerable limb, pulling at the fingers to prevent further damage. It was a very fortunate circumstance that she had no need to breathe.

‘Hakai!’

Asha’rah prepared to counter with a burst of creation energy around herself and Ishtar, attempting to dispel one with the other. It would be a close thing if she could make it at all, but-

The ground disappeared in a flash of violet energy, revealing their attacker below. Another rush of memories came flooding back. Even after thousands of years of decay, Asha’rah could still recognize the Namekian on sight. Hammer, the Mad God of Destruction. The most shamefully poor choice for godhood she had ever known. Greedy, power-hungry, malignant, utterly lacking in greater conviction. Perhaps to a mortal he might simply seem ambitious and self-absorbed. But gods had always been gods of something, in service of the universe in their own way. The only cause Hammer seemed devoted to was himself. For a god in the old days, this looked like insanity.

‘You have awoken me, foolish Asha’rah. And brought me a gift of Hakai in the Oni. Thank you.’

How foolish is it to get both your targets in your grip through a surprise attack, and then use hakai on the ground?

Asha’rah did not voice this thought, however. She was not in the habit of enlightening dangerous enemies. And then Hammer enlarged himself, fingers growing thicker until he stood near twenty-feet tall, far beyond anything a Namekian would normally grow to.

Still, Ishtar managed to free herself quickly, exploding her epidermal layer of armor in a shower of piercing shards. They pierced flesh, forcing Hammer to release his grip. Good.

Hammer yells, his voice echoing, and energy gathers from within finally and releases. A beam of dark yellow ki erupts from his mouth towards Asha’rah and Held.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held had barely began to formulate a reply to Ochazuke before the ominous voice interrupted his train of thought.

Whipping around at breakneck speeds, his eyes narrowed as he looked upon the rotting corpse of what appeared to be a Namekian. Had he not witnessed it with his own eyes, he would have doubted the cadaver had the power to walk on its own, let alone restrain two ladies of the same caliber as those he had. If the Nevadians eyes were not deceiving him, he actually seemed to overpower Ishtar enough to break flesh and bone, the shatter echoing across the barren wastes.

Does Asha'Rah actually know this guy? I know she was a bit of an oddity, but this takes the cake...I don't even know if we're in the same universe.

"Good grief, I've seen more Namekians in the past year than I have in the past five, and two out of three seem to be none to fond of us..."

He turned his attention from the Injured Oni--Still able to counter the Namekian in some respects, before Willheim had separated the two. If nothing else, her injuries--while severe--were not the type to stymie her. So, Held focused on the more urgent matter.

He frowned as the rotting corpse grew larger, seemingly from nothing, a disgusting sight to behold if ever there was one.

Ugh. Again with the rot on this planet. I can barely stand it....

"Asha'Rah, is there something you maybe want to tell me?" Held asked, jumping backwards slightly to put a greater distance between him and his new foe. "I'm normally not one to pray into the affairs of others, but....I get the feeling your problems are mine, now."
    The Nevadian, Held, wanted to know more. It was a fair question, but not one Asha’rah could hope to answer in full here and now.

Instead, the fallen god rose. Orbs swirled around her, forming a curtain of energy to deflect the worst of energy attacks coming her way. Where Ishtar had sacrificed her way to freedom, Asha’rah…grew herself into it. As one, her stature increased in all directions, growing rocky and gray. Hammer’s arms were forced to release their grip as even his massive hand could no longer curve enough around Asha’rah’s neck to find proper purchase. She grew to twenty feet, then forty, then a hundred…and kept going. Before long, Hammer was standing in the shadow of a walking, divine mountain.

Asha'rah spoke softly, but her words echoed through this dead world like rumbling thunder.

“This cretin is Hammer, the most unworthy being in all of creation’s history to ever soil the title of god.”

She floated weightless off the ground and rotated to face Hammer, casting him in the shadow of her colossus. Then six massive extra arms formed from her back, each the size of a building in its own right.

Divine Stature – Hachiyoken!

Asha’rah brought two massive palms together, briefly kicking up gale-force winds simply from the passage of her palms. They connected in the middle, squishing Hammer between them as if he were but a particularly large cockroach. Then her hands parted, only for the next pair to come slamming together, then the next in an unending cycle of blows designed to flatten the Namekian to a pulp.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 09-23-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Zaofan sees the exposed wires and servos. He summons his mighty katchin bo staff Bojack inbetween the servos, hoping to jam up the gears and cause the machine to grind in on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Just what Sasheem needed!" The Majin grinned, one arm still clutching the scale while the other remained wrapped around the worm's neck. Kicking off in the worm's back, Sasheem leaped backwards, that arm holding onto the beast not letting go as Sasheem stretched backwards.

As soon as he deemed himself far enough, he rapidly drew himself forward, slamming the broken off scale into the exposed part of the worm.
    Shortly after throwing Bojack, he follows up Sasheem's attack with a few more well placed energy blasts into the exposed parts, with the accuracy of a marksman used to firing out of his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With a tandem effort between herself and whoever the hell was inside that robot that appeared out of nowhere -- she was at first concerned about it, but then relaxed once it was clear it was on their side -- Parsley shifted her attention to the larger of the two worms. The Majin was already working on exposing its underside that had previously been covered by its armor, so she quickly flew to back him up.

When she arrived, she watched him stretch back and then recoil, slamming into the creature's exposed bits with thunderous force. Once he was clear out of the way, she opened fire, cutting through the wires and mechanical parts. "Work on exposing more of its underside."
    "Underside! Got it!"

Zaofan tosses aside his rifle, with two more strapped to his back. He pulls out his food capsule and brings out the ancient knives from Eva's kitchen -- though they're not meant for combat, in lieu of ki the knives instead will help the chef try to peel more and more into its underside since his katchin staff is occupied, jammed in between its gears.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-23-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Hammer, Asha’rah could see, was prepared. Hakai grew in his hands to blast at her as she grew, but suddenly, Ochazuke stepped in.

The neural stunner’s energy, crafted by Ochazuke, struck the dead God of Destruction. Foreign energy ate away at his power, his consciousness, a scream ripping from his throat as his Hakai vanished, his form falling to his knees, unable to move or think or act, to summon any energy at all as he was neutered.

And then Asha’rah struck.

Again and again and again, with massive blows from on high, his body disappearing into another massive hole as Asha’rah beat him to a pulp, the shockwaves of the blows cratering the ground below Hammer.

And when it was over, and Hammer was most assuredly never coming back from that terrible combo of neural stunner and Kaiju fists, Wilhelm leaned over the hole and threw a bandolier of strange grenades down. After a few moments, they explode and rock the new crater slightly before he nods and the dust settles.

“Giant...goddess..probably killed him. Just....making sure.”

Looks around.

“Should...head back soon.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-23-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

With tag team action and precise firing, the bunker team quickly make work of the remaining worm. Even as three more show up, they quickly off them of as well, working in tandem to expose weak points to allow for better shots at internal mechanisms.

After all is said and done, a nice pile of scrap is all that’s left of the mechanical worms. Injuries are several, but none life threatening and the bunker is untouched.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-23-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

With tag team action and precise firing, the bunker team quickly make work of the remaining worm. Even as three more show up, they quickly off them of as well, working in tandem to expose weak points to allow for better shots at internal mechanisms.

After all is said and done, a nice pile of scrap is all that’s left of the mechanical worms. Injuries are several, but none life threatening and the bunker is untouched.
    Panting and holding the side of his shoulder, Zaofan checks in through the comms. "Zaofan to Cyanna and Dash, come in. We seem to have cleaned up the worm problem down here. How is the princess?"

Hammer, Asha’rah could see, was prepared. Hakai grew in his hands to blast at her as she grew, but suddenly, Ochazuke stepped in.

The neural stunner’s energy, crafted by Ochazuke, struck the dead God of Destruction. Foreign energy ate are away at his power, his consciousness, a scream ripping from his throat as his Halai vanished, his form falling to his knees, unable to move or think or act, to summon any energy at all as he was neutered.

And then Asha’rah struck.

Again and again and again, with massive blows from on high, his body disappearing into another massive hole as Asha’rah beat him to a pulp, the shockwaves of the blows cratering the ground below Hammer.

And when it was over, and Hammer was most assuredly never coming back from that terrible combo of neural stunner and Kaiju fists, Wilhelm leaned over the hole and threw a bandolier of strange grenades down. After a few moments, they explode and rock the new crater slightly before he nods and the dust settles.

“Giant...goddess..probably killed him. Just....making sure.”

Looks around.

“Should...head back soon.”
    The battle was still raging up ahead. Sarada could see it as she rode on Erosa's back. It wouldn't be too much longer until the two of them arrived to help out with the others. Sarada couldn't wait. This was her first chance to test her strength against that of a god -- albeit a undead, severely weakened one.

'Almost there, Ishtar. Just hang on for a little bit longer and Erosa and me will be there.'
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley let the rifle drop from her hands and land on the ground with a metallic clatter. The battle was over after a very short time. Even if she wouldn't admit it aloud, the weaponry Wilhelm had amassed through his two centuries of wondering this world by himself was... impressive. Not nearly as impressive as the array of techniques Parsley had at her disposal; all of which would have allowed her to obliterate these creatures with absolute ease.

Regardless, these humans did well, so she saw fit to commend them. "Well done."

Now, all that was left was for the others to return from their foolish sojourn into the Cairn yard so they could return home post haste. Parsley was sick of this place and wanted to go to sleep in her own bed tonight.

That was, of course, assuming her house hadn't been burned to the ground or otherwise vandalized.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!