Page 298 of 782 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    With tag team action and precise firing, the bunker team quickly make work of the remaining worm. Even as three more show up, they quickly off them of as well, working in tandem to expose weak points to allow for better shots at internal mechanisms.

After all is said and done, a nice pile of scrap is all that’s left of the mechanical worms. Injuries are several, but none life threatening and the bunker is untouched.
    Praxat still inside her mech that's inside the bunker thinks to herself saying (Okay it's over I don't feel any weird mechanical worm like thing hit my tongue. okay someone out there better not be yanking on my tongue. yeah even though the entrance to this bunker was close. my tongue is flexible and malleable enough to fit through tight spaces without a problem. )

( I just fit my tongue through one of the tight spaces of the close entrance. the space was small enough to were a person couldn't passthrough by my tongue could. my Master Khan once told me my tongue was more than long enough for some one to play jump rope with.)

OT: Toadian's Tongues being very flexible and Malleable serve a function. that function is that a Toadian's tongue allows them to grab insects that are hiding in tight spaces.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-24-2018 at 02:50 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

And when it was over, and Hammer was most assuredly never coming back from that terrible combo of neural stunner and Kaiju fists,
    With pomp and circumstance, Hammer was stripped of what power he had left to him, and smashed to a pulp; and Ishtar for her part simply dislodged from her perch -- buried as she was to the elbow in putrefied flesh -- to allow for such a thing to happen. There were more important matters to attend to anyway, now that the undead GoD was properly laid to rest, her ribs first and foremost; so after touching down on the Carin Yard's remaining soil, the golden-eyed Oni turned her appraisal inward ...

And it took little more than a curious hand -- the one unbroken -- to confirm what she already knew.

"Three ..." the Oni mumbled, before wincing as fingers passed over bruised flesh. "Four ... fractures. An all but shattered arm."

... ignoring the discomfort that resulted from the various injuries sustained -- and the undoubted dressing down from Sarada -- there was at least a silver-lining to this exploratory venture:

Information.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    ‘Temporary setback, not failure, child. I wanted as Asha’rah had, the power of both. But instead of killing Shima, I sought a....different path to Creational energy. A certain person did not like that, so I was killed and sealed here before I could regenerate.’
    Though it was ... troubling. The last words Hammer had offered did not seem to wholly mesh with what Asha'rah herself had offered, not two moments prior:

Quote Originally Posted by Asha'rah
    “This cretin is Hammer, the most unworthy being in all of creation’s history to ever soil the title of god.”
    Now Ishtar knew well there was certainly a skewing of truths here, given the nature of each and their stake in the events that had unfolded some one-hundred thousand years prior -- something of an annoyance given Ishtar's own inability to alter facts so overtly -- and yet there was certainly some measure of truth. Hammer had attempted to obtain both the energies of Hakai, and Creation; and he had been judged and sentenced to die ... and yet his own method was, by his own admission, not so brutal as Asha'rah's own.

So why the discrepancy in punishment ?

Who exactly had taken offense ... the same individual who warded the Carin Yard itself, surely ... and yet with little more than a singular ward-stone left to explore there was little hope of finding the truth in that manner. Though ... could she ask Asha'rah ? The former Goddess would certainly know of the events that had led to this ending. Yet for some reason ...

Ishtar turned toward Asha'rah a moment, before slowly turning away.

No. In this it would not do to ask one who might suffer a bias ... her response, and display of force -- aware as she was of the risks -- was a testament to her feelings for the now deceased Namekian.

No ... I will need to look elsewhere.

Where, however ... remained to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The battle was still raging up ahead. Sarada could see it as she rode on Erosa's back. It wouldn't be too much longer until the two of them arrived to help out with the others. Sarada couldn't wait. This was her first chance to test her strength against that of a god -- albeit a undead, severely weakened one.

'Almost there, Ishtar. Just hang on for a little bit longer and Erosa and me will be there.'
    Lost in silent rumination, the glowing-horned Oni almost missed it when Sarada's voice echoed in the back of her mind ... and it seemed she was on her way through some unknown means that at the least seemed not to have triggered anything untoward. Though ...

There was a lag of a few moments, before Sarada received a response.

'Hammer, former GoD of this Universe. Is dead once more. Permanent I feel, given the manner of his demise.' There was another pause, before the Oni spoke again.

'No injuries beyond my own ... a rather successful venture, all things considered.'

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    Wilhelm leaned over the hole and threw a bandolier of strange grenades down. After a few moments, they explode and rock the new crater slightly before he nods and the dust settles.

“Giant...goddess..probably killed him. Just....making sure.”

Looks around.

“Should...head back soon.”
    There was an explosion then that caused Ishtar to turn -- and wince -- yet when she realized what it was, she simply cracked a small smile before offering the source, a small nod.

"Thank you, Wilhelm, and I apologize for the trouble we have caused." Gesturing toward what remained of the Carin Yard then, the Oni then added, "I suspect we will not tarry here much longer."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

With tag team action and precise firing, the bunker team quickly make work of the remaining worm. Even as three more show up, they quickly off them of as well, working in tandem to expose weak points to allow for better shots at internal mechanisms.

After all is said and done, a nice pile of scrap is all that’s left of the mechanical worms. Injuries are several, but none life threatening and the bunker is untouched.
    "Stupid pieces of trash," Sasheem growled, kicking one of the dead worm's corpses. "Attack the Greater Annihilator, will ya..." he looked around at the beasts. "What are these things made of anyway..." he asked aloud, examining theor metallic hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Stupid pieces of trash," Sasheem growled, kicking one of the dead worm's corpses. "Attack the Greater Annihilator, will ya..." he looked around at the beasts. "What are these things made of anyway..." he asked aloud, examining their metallic hulls.
    As she approached, Meagan pulled out one of her capsules, one that already had scrap parts from the earlier aerial attack. She then began collecting parts of the worm and adding them to a pile. "This is what I am hoping Jinzi and the scientists of Chroma can figure out. " as she spoke, she scanned the area, pulling out what looked like power sources or other operational parts, along with metal samples. Anything that caught her eye as worth bringing back, she threw onto this pile. Once done, she encapsulated all of it and stored the capsule away.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Stupid pieces of trash," Sasheem growled, kicking one of the dead worm's corpses. "Attack the Greater Annihilator, will ya..." he looked around at the beasts. "What are these things made of anyway..." he asked aloud, examining theor metallic hulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she approached, Meagan pulled out one of her capsules, one that already had scrap parts from the earlier aerial attack. She then began collecting parts of the worm and adding them to a pile. "This is what I am hoping Jinzi and the scientists of Chroma can figure out. " as she spoke, she scanned the area, pulling out what looked like power sources or other operational parts, along with metal samples. Anything that caught her eye as worth bringing back, she threw onto this pile. Once done, she encapsulated all of it and stored the capsule away.
    Zaofan picks up the remaining rifles off the ground. He also pulls out the nigh-indestructible Bojack from the mangled gears of another tendril. "I leave you all alone for a few minutes, and this happens..." he says, sardonically.

Inspecting the last of the wreckage and the gooey remains with Bojack, he muses, "Who sent them? How did they know how to find us?!"

He then strokes his chin, "Damn. Ishtar and the others are in trouble. Erosa and Sarada went ahead to go help them, and I came back to get some of Wilheim's weapons, but then I found you all fighting these... things. Were they sent to prevent any more help from coming? Were they after the princess? Both, maybe?"

He taps his ear to the comms again. "Cyanna, Dash, please check in. How are things where you are?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Sasheem's keepin' this one!" The Majin exclaimed, holding onto the metal worm's scale still and digging through the scrap from the beasts' corpses to find a metal skeletal spine...which he quickly tied tightly to the scale as they formed together to make a crude looking sword.

"Might come in handy if anything else tries to be 'cute' around here," Sasheem grinned, giving the blade a few swings.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Lost in silent rumination, the glowing-horned Oni almost missed it when Sarada's voice echoed in the back of her mind ... and it seemed she was on her way through some unknown means that at the least seemed not to have triggered anything untoward. Though ...

There was a lag of a few moments, before Sarada received a response.

'Hammer, former GoD of this Universe. Is dead once more. Permanent I feel, given the manner of his demise.' There was another pause, before the Oni spoke again.

'No injuries beyond my own ... a rather successful venture, all things considered.'
    What Sarada heard when she received a response was horrifying. It was awful, terrible, not good, and bad.

The fight...

....was over.

She had missed it. The GoD was dead, well, deader and all had been resolved in short order.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan picks up the remaining rifles off the ground. He also pulls out the nigh-indestructible Bojack from the mangled gears of another tendril. "I leave you all alone for a few minutes, and this happens..." he says, sardonically.

Inspecting the last of the wreckage and the gooey remains with Bojack, he muses, "Who sent them? How did they know how to find us?!"

He then strokes his chin, "Damn. Ishtar and the others are in trouble. Erosa and Sarada went ahead to go help them, and I came back to get some of Wilheim's weapons, but then I found you all fighting these... things. Were they sent to prevent any more help from coming? Were they after the princess? Both, maybe?"

He taps his ear to the comms again. "Cyanna, Dash, please check in. How are things where you are?"
    Zaofan can hear Dash's unmistakable voice in his ear, "You'all had more fun out there than we did here. Sleeping Princess as safe and as quiet as a lamb, no breaches occurred."

Retired Overlord

What Sarada heard when she received a response was horrifying. It was awful, terrible, not good, and bad.

The fight...

....was over.

She had missed it. The GoD was dead, well, deader and all had been resolved in short order.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
    "GAHHHHH!" Erosa skidded to an immediate halt. The Cairn yard was only another couple minutes away by the smell, so what was the monkey getting so worked up for.

"Why are you screaming, trying not to be caught here.......wait..." A thought occurred to her suddenly. "Something happen to Ishy?"

Without waiting for an answer, the Id took off again, but kept her ears open.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "GAHHHHH!" Erosa skidded to an immediate halt. The Cairn yard was only another couple minutes away by the smell, so what was the monkey getting so worked up for.

"Why are you screaming, trying not to be caught here.......wait..." A thought occurred to her suddenly. "Something happen to Ishy?"

Without waiting for an answer, the Id took off again, but kept her ears open.
    "Gah! No, Ishtar's fine. The fight is over," she answered sullenly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

"Gah! No, Ishtar's fine. The fight is over," she answered sullenly.
    "Oh...." Erosa skidded to a halt again, the remains of the cairn yard now in view. "....What a letdown.....But at least things aren't serious anymore........"

The Id turned her head slightly towards Sarada on her back. "Should only be a minute to walk from here....Don't want Ishy to see you riding the id, might give her ideas that I'd rather keep for later...ehehehe..."

"Or maybe you wanna carry me the rest of the way to call it even?" The grin on the id grew wider.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oh...." Erosa skidded to a halt again, the remains of the cairn yard now in view. "....What a letdown.....But at least things aren't serious anymore........"

The Id turned her head slightly towards Sarada on her back. "Should only be a minute to walk from here....Don't want Ishy to see you riding the id, might give her ideas that I'd rather keep for later...ehehehe..."

"Or maybe you wanna carry me the rest of the way to call it even?" The grin on the id grew wider.
    Sarada dismounted immediately, and landed several yards away. "I'd rather walk. Thanks."

Stupid Id. Why couldn't she go back to how she looked before, when she was flatter than a board and was more interested in Midori and Shiro than anyone else? Did she realize how hard it was to focus on Ishtar with those giant **** just flopping around with each step? It didn't help that Sarada had a perfect view of them from her vantage point on her back.

...on Erosa's back.

Damn it. That promise she made to Ishtar was way harder than she first anticipated. Which was saying something, since she already knew it was going to be the hardest thing she had done in her life. "If it's only a minute, then let's get going." She broke into a sprint, thankful she was wearing armor that covered her chest. Wait, no... damnit, it didn't cover her chest! Why would she accept a design like this?!

What was worse, Erosa was probably going to run after her, which was only going to make things worse.

Gah!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

a really long pink fleshly thing which is Praxat's tongue writes something in the ground in front of Megan and the others which reads so I guess this bunker is safe for now. we did a good job. please no one use my tongue as a jump rope. I'm still inside the bunker ,but my tongue is long enough , flexible enough and malleable enough that I could attack those things outside with it , without myself actually being outside of the bunker .

OT: I have it that Praxat's species the Toadians can extend their tongues to near 50 feet at max at the moment.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-24-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Hammer, Asha’rah could see, was prepared. Hakai grew in his hands to blast at her as she grew, but suddenly, Ochazuke stepped in.

The neural stunner’s energy, crafted by Ochazuke, struck the dead God of Destruction. Foreign energy ate away at his power, his consciousness, a scream ripping from his throat as his Hakai vanished, his form falling to his knees, unable to move or think or act, to summon any energy at all as he was neutered.

And then Asha’rah struck.

Again and again and again, with massive blows from on high, his body disappearing into another massive hole as Asha’rah beat him to a pulp, the shockwaves of the blows cratering the ground below Hammer.

And when it was over, and Hammer was most assuredly never coming back from that terrible combo of neural stunner and Kaiju fists, Wilhelm leaned over the hole and threw a bandolier of strange grenades down. After a few moments, they explode and rock the new crater slightly before he nods and the dust settles.

“Giant...goddess..probably killed him. Just....making sure.”

Looks around.

“Should...head back soon.”
    Held blinked in disbelief.

It would be difficult for a casual observer to say if this disbelief was a result of Asha'Rah's transformation, becoming so massive as to dwarf respectable skyscrapers. Or perhaps it was the unique energy brought forth from Ochazuke, so potent and powerful as to strip the very energy from the zombified Namekian, before Asha'Rah pounded the poor over and over, like a hammer to a nail.

Or perhaps it was Whilliems desire to be thorough, as if bombing the very atoms that were formely apart of Hammers being, would serve any useful purpose. Not that Held would have blamed him. Given the nature of undead things on this world, and the fact that death had barely seemed to slow this villian to begin with, it was a more reasonable precaution than Held would have liked to admit.

"Oh....So, uhh...."

Held looked around, clearing his throat, as he made certain the coast was clear, with all combat over.

"What were we saying, Ochazuke? Something about desolation, or something of value in a place like this?"

Held sighed slightly.

"I was wrong. I guess all that was in this place was junk after all."

Still, I guess I should be happy that was less trouble than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    a really long pink fleshly thing which is Praxat's tongue writes something in the ground in front of Megan and the others which reads so I guess this bunker is safe for now. we did a good job. please no one use my tongue as a jump rope. I'm still inside the bunker ,but my tongue is long enough , flexible enough and malleable enough that I could attack those things outside with it , without myself actually being outside of the bunker .

OT: I have it that Praxat's species the Toadians can extend their tongues to near 50 feet at max at the moment.
    Looking down at the tongue, Meagan sighed, then used the communicator [OOC: and yes, Praxat was given one], "Praxat, it's Meagan. Do you need any help with your, ah, tongue?"