OOC: TIME SHENANIGANS ENSUE

IC:

His business in the library concluded, Ochazuke moved to the observation deck of the Lookout with the single ancient folio. The recorded history was a boon, in that such a feat had indeed been known by the strength and ingenuity of man, yet the truth of the event as it had occured was a poor substitute for method. Perhaps it was a vain, paltry thing he searched for there, that in the darkest times humanity was yet able to rise and stand fast against so cataclysmic a thing as they strove to live on. Part of him dismissed the chronicle as no more than an insipid length of inspiration, until he found Zaofan in the midst of reading a message written by Samson Balon himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
Kai approaches Zaofan and Ochazuke with a written message.

“This was dropped off by Master Balon for the two of you.”
Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
Zaofan tilts his head with a smile, exchanging glances with Ochazuke and Kai. "Master Balon, eh? I wonder what he's been up to. It would be good to see him again. Thank you, Kai."

He takes the message and reads it.
Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
It reads as follows:

I have found the first step to uncovering the truth of the Five Schools and Zxu’ro. Please meet me at Hanza Mountain on the North Continent.

-Master Balon.
"The truth of the Five..."

Again this was a matter also long thought lost to time immemorial. Buried as a heresy, it was in that morbid shape they'd found in the Dragon's achipelago, that faded hollow face he'd seen in the Frozen Fall only once he no longer bore witness with his eyes alone that Ochazuke knew the truth. And yet in his conversations with the two masters he'd known, there was little to be revealed but the image of that twisted chimera, and much less the shape or name of their challengers across the span of two-thousand years.

"...it would bring us to the North," he chuckled, bemused. "I would suppose the ice and tundra has a way of preserving dead things."