Page 542 of 782 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552592642 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Zurvan sighs and stands, moving towards Ishtar and Asha’rah.

“What seems to be the issue then? I sense a great deal of.....dissonance.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

At a different point........

Zurvan nods to Reimi.

“No need for Lord. Zurvan is fine. How may I help you?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    At a different point........

Zurvan nods to Reimi.

“No need for Lord. Zurvan is fine. How may I help you?”
    "Reimi Himizu, just Reimi as well." She then brought over another chair, before becoming serious.

"The better question is, how may I help you?" Reimi took a seat facing him so that they could talk comfortably.

"As one who has lived a near ghost like existence in these Universes, moving through them at will, without challenge or recognition from those of your kind, I have seen much that is going on."

She crossed her legs slightly then leaned back, "My edict to limit involvement only when it is requested, is being tested right now. It was tested sorely when Eva pushed me to visit Chroma at the moment right before young Meagan would have been executed."

"it was tested again when the urge to check in on my apprentice lead me to mount a rescue of Jinzi Pantaloon."

"Perhaps, one can argue," she sat upright again, then gave a slight shrug, "I broke my own rules when I took in two more apprentices. Though spending time with Meagan has made me acutely aware of how lonely my self imposed isolationism had made me."

She then leaned in slightly, "My actions appear to have had far more far reaching consequences than even I had been able to foresee. Since I am already a player in this drama, I can either stay my hand and remain an outsider, biding my time till the petty temper-tantrums of the gods have ceased. Or, I can make myself available to you as an ally, assuming that you truly do not wish to see all that is ultimately rendered into nothingness."
    Last edited by Tami; 12-16-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Reimi Himizu, just Reimi as well." She then brought over another chair, before becoming serious.

"The better question is, how may I help you?" Reimi took a seat facing him so that they could talk comfortably.

"As one who has lived a near ghost like existence in these Universes, moving through them at will, without challenge or recognition from those of your kind, I have seen much that is going on."

She crossed her legs slightly then leaned back, "My edict to limit involvement only when it is requested, is being tested right now. It was tested sorely when Eva pushed me to visit Chroma at the moment right before young Meagan would have been executed."

"it was tested again when the urge to check in on my apprentice lead me to mount a rescue of Jinzi Pantaloon."

"Perhaps, one can argue," she sat upright again, then gave a slight shrug, "I broke my own rules when I took in two more apprentices. Though spending time with Meagan has made me acutely aware of how lonely my self imposed isolationism had made me."

She then leaned in slightly, "My actions appear to have had far more far reaching consequences than even I had been able to foresee. Since I am already a player in this drama, I can either stay my hand and remain an outsider, biding my time till the petty temper-tantrums of the gods have ceased. Or, I can make myself available to you as an ally, assuming that you truly do not wish to see all that is ultimately rendered into nothingness."
    Zurvan nods.

“Your assistance would be appreciated.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Zurvan nods.

“Your assistance would be appreciated.”
    She smiled, "Since I am waylaid here for now, my knowledge and skills are at your disposal. I will provide what aid I can towards resolving this current crisis."
    Last edited by Tami; 12-16-2018 at 09:06 AM.

She smiled and nodded, "Since I am waylaid here for now, my knowledge and skills are at your disposal. I will provide what aid I can towards resolving this current crisis."
    “Do you have much experience with temporal effects?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Do you have much experience with temporal effects?”
    "Time has been most kind to me, too kind in fact." Reimi then thought on this,

"My specialization is normally space as opposed to time, however, I have investigated both the science and the para-natural aspects of time, for my own personal reasons of course. I am well aware of the implicit restrictions, as well as many of the inherent ways in which those restrictions can be and have been violated. Not that I would violate them myself, at least not without good reason."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    -snipped for characters-

Though as she continued to speak for the collective 'we', Asha'rah provided a slap to Ishtar's face in the form of summoned Hakai ... and the Oni's eyes widened ever so slightly. Yet despite that widening at the proverbial 'slap' -- which itself was not the first levied in response to her call out -- nothing truly profound was offered, even as the Fallen Creator set to finally answering at least a fragment of the questions Ishtar had posed. For in the end, Asha'rah sought to compare the ability to create and destroy on a whim, each aspect held in her outstretched palms as she asked if it would have been wise to give such over to mortals ... and in doing this the Fallen sought to provide a false equivocation:

That while Time could be manipulated by mortal hands, Hakai, and Creation could not.

Yet Ishtar knew better, and knew Asha'rah should have too.

For both Creation, and Destruction had been proved to be things that could be wrestled away, for use by those it had not been gifted to. Had not Asha'rah herself proven that, by slaughtering Indar'en and consuming that spark that had been his by right of station ? And had not Hammer taken that small ember of truth and devised his own way to strip Creation from another ... Ishtar's own mother, Shek'hinah ?

What of Genesis ?

The mortal who had ambushed, Sihn, and Zurvan ... and during their confrontation with Stine, and Hammer stripped from each side both a fragment of Creation, and the Arms of Destruction to be used for her own purposes.

All proof that what Asha'rah had to say was little more than empty words.

And yet above all else, the bigger problem loomed.

So it was then, a short time later, when the literal Olive Branch was offered and Asha'rah found it with herself to be silent; the Oni simply stared at the offering as she mulled over the questions that had popped into her head, before realizing that it was her turn to begin. And that she did.

"You offered so much, yet answered so little. Did you strive for this, I wonder ?" The Oni grunted, before deciding. "Tch. I suppose it matters not."

Pushing away from where she had been leaning, the Oni closed the distance slowly then as she continued.

"After all, what you offered in bulk, was little to do with what I asked. Answers and explanations as they were, to your own questions, which you pointed toward Ochazuke." Ishtar stated, with a humorless smile. "Though I must admit it was clever, the way you 'transcended' from "I" to the collective "We" and used absentee Gods as buffer. Yet ... the Gods you deign to speak for are not here, and cannot answer for themselves. So why should I care what you offer up for them ?" The golden-eyed Oni asked clearly annoyed. "To say nothing of your appeal to creation and how the rebellions enacted by mortal-kind gave you a mind for your own, and how ... hollow an offering that was." Ishtar continued, eyes set on Asha'rah now firmly.

"You did not fight against the established order. You used it. Made it your own. Became its Champion ! And worse still, was that when you bothered to answer me after all these failed attempts to cover your own hind end: your comparisons fell short."

The Oni stepped past Ochazuke then.

"Destruction. Creation. Two halves of a whole created for balance, and things you state cannot be made to bend like Time. This was how you strove to make your point. Yet here you stand, as living proof. Proof ! that the Destruction you fashioned to stymie the ego of the Gods of Creation, can be taken. That it is no more secure in the end than the Time you state so fervently is anathema to your creed that 'all things strive'. And that it is harder perhaps to wrestle away does not change at all the fact that it is possible ... Or did you forget Genesis ? How convenient of you, if so." The Oni fumed, "considering you were there as Zurvan turned back the hands of time. Proving to us a mortal with the might to surprise the Gods themselves, could steal away the Arms of Destruction, and a Projectile of Creation."

The Oni's eyes narrowed slightly.

"And this differentiation you make between Hakai, and Time. How a single soul can use the latter to erase the choice of billions ... trillions, and force them upon a singular path. What then would you consider the fruit of your 'Rebellion' to be, if not that ? When you forced your hand, and amassed the might to storm High Heaven in a gambit you knew was already lost; engendering one-hundred thousand years of stagnation and even entropy as the systems you helped fashion fall to pieces in the absence of their caretakers ... ?"

The Oni stopped short, taking a moment to calm herself.

"... and this is what you offer, and ask, at the end of it all ? After a slap in the face with the summoned Hakai; and further proof of your hypocrisy ?" Ishtar asked, calmly, as she stared down at the proffered peace. For a moment then, the golden-eyed Oni hovered then, eyeing Asha'rah lazily as she seemed to consider what to say. Of course she already knew; and taking a step back and away from Asha'rah's, the golden-eyed Oni offered it.

"Keep your peace. I will not accept it as it is now."
    Asha'rah sighed, placing the branch upon her lap. Ishtar's words wounded her in ways none other could hope to, and it was all she could do to not sag into herself. Only Erosa was dearer to her, and Erosa would never attempt to dissect Asha'rah's integrity and philosophy as the oni now did. What build up of tension should have been addressed before now? Was this really about hypocrisy at all?

"As I said in the beginning, Ishtar, this is my answer to the meaning of creation. As I am a god and so are my contemporaries, so do I refer to ourselves as 'we'. I do not speak for their motivations, and if I gave that impression I am sorry. The gods are as diverse in our motivations as any other. The Great Founding was our collective work from which, so far as I am aware, we were never planning to add to our power. But the limitations we all bear are the result of a collective work, our visions of what reality would look like. Zeno's whims, the Grand Priest, all the gods including myself, we fashioned reality from nothing. The idea of being a hypocrite for wanting to afford species speech but not immortality, opposable thumbs but not time travel, I confess I cannot see what approach you would have instead. Having opinions about how reality would best function and having the means to affect reality accordingly are inherent to godhood."

She shook her head.

"I know not what the security of Hakai or Creation energy has to do with hypocrisy, but at the time we never had to consider whether gods would wrest their powers from each other. Civil war was not yet the mote of an idea. Our only concern was that it not fall into the hands of mortals. Hammer, Sakin, myself...Creation and Destruction remain within the hands of the gods, Genesis being perhaps the sole exception and of whom we know too little. We have stood at the crossroads of crisis for the multiverse ever since we met. None of the emergency measures I have seen the gods take have been at all regular, nor would they have been necessary once either side of the War in the Heavens emerged victorious. But neither side won, discovering as we did the existence of a third faction playing us off against each other. So has the child god of all sealed us in to face our own fates."

Of all accusations Asha'rah ever expected to face from one who knew as much of the heavenly goings-on as Ishtar, a desire to protect herself from blame was not among them. It made her question the source of such a storm of disdain and anger yet further, and carved away at the trust she had in Ishtar that had even during the oni's initial barrage remained unshakable. In her anger, Ishtar was coming perilously close to lying, for she already knew the facts of which she spoke.

"My rebellion was the spark which caused the current predicament we face. I failed to notice myself being manipulated. I decimated the ranks of the heavenly host. During the war, I fought and killed one of my closest friends, then took his essence for my own. I have inspired my enemies to attempt similar feats to increase their own power. My hand in the crisis we face is plain as day, and I never dreamed I would need to make it obvious to you that I understood that. What blame I deserve for the current state of affairs, the merits of each of my choices, you are free to judge as you see fit. But our rebellion was never without hope, just never with hope of victory through force of arms. Our objective when we stormed Zeno's palace was the same as the day our rebellion started - to show our resolve and make Zeno listen. Every single soul who joined us did so of their own volition. They strove for a greater cause, and our failure does not negate the choices we made towards this endeavor. To strive has never been about the fruit of any action, no matter how great or small. It is the choices made in the striving, the freedom of each to choose their path, that I hold sacrosanct. I would sooner kill my friend than force him to choose a path where he would live."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 12-16-2018 at 10:45 AM.

"Time has been most kind to me, too kind in fact." Reimi then thought on this,

"My specialization is normally space as opposed to time, however, I have investigated both the science and the para-natural aspects of time, for my own personal reasons of course. I am well aware of the implicit restrictions, as well as many of the inherent ways in which those restrictions can be and have been violated. Not that I would violate them myself, at least not without good reason."
    “Then we shall add your ability to mine and Miss Etrina’s attempts to use the RoSaT as a gateway.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Then we shall add your ability to mine and Miss Etrina’s attempts to use the RoSaT as a gateway.”
    Her silver iris-ed eyes glinted with a brief flash of light as her interest in this project peaked, "Yes, I had heard that this was what you were planning. It is fascinating and clever idea, one I am looking forward to working with you on."
    Last edited by Tami; 12-16-2018 at 11:40 AM.

on the upper part of the Lookout upstairs Qaztoh is doing running laps in a rather cumbersome gear saying " dammit why do I have to do these running laps wearing this stop." " this is torture how I can barely even move in this gear much less run." " however ancestor Althena wants me to do running laps wearing this." " she says I have to go 20 days wearing this gear I don't know if I can take 20 days of wearing this all the time."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Erosa grinned, igniting her claws with a searing blue flame to match before launching herself forward to meet her mother. Using the maneuverability provided by Thanatos Drive, the id rushed in to meet the Saiyan in the air where she'd have a mobility advantage....her goal to make her attack seem like a single minded rush only to swing in around Saradas initial assault and strike her side with a charged fist.

.....and to make matters worse for the Saiyan, she could sense the ids strength was increasing even further. .

~~~

Magicite Charge: 2
    Erosa PL: 1,350,000
    Sarada grunted as Erosa charged fist slammed into her side after her attention was diverted by the feint. To make matters worse - or better - Erosa's power just doubled. It must have been a result of the technique that allowed her to fly. Who knew; she wouldn't profess to knowing everyone's techniques by heart.

Regardless, things had just picked up. However, she was forced once again to use Hitozaru to keep up. She had been training with the form to see how high she could go without incurring any negative results. Around x6 was the limit. Any higher and her ki would act up in unpredictable ways.

"If that's how you want it," she remarked as she transformed into the Hitozaru form. Her power doubled, exceeding Erosa's. "Then that's how you're going to get it." Her hands were still aglow with crimson ki as she flew at speed toward her opponent and closed the distance between them. She threw a volley of punches and kicks to keep the Id off-balance.

Hitozaru x2 = 1.7M
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada grunted as Erosa charged fist slammed into her side after her attention was diverted by the feint. To make matters worse - or better - Erosa's power just doubled. It must have been a result of the technique that allowed her to fly. Who knew; she wouldn't profess to knowing everyone's techniques by heart.

Regardless, things had just picked up. However, she was forced once again to use Hitozaru to keep up. She had been training with the form to see how high she could go without incurring any negative results. Around x6 was the limit. Any higher and her ki would act up in unpredictable ways.

"If that's how you want it," she remarked as she transformed into the Hitozaru form. Her power doubled, exceeding Erosa's. "Then that's how you're going to get it." Her hands were still aglow with crimson ki as she flew at speed toward her opponent and closed the distance between them. She threw a volley of punches and kicks to keep the Id off-balance.

Hitozaru x2 = 1.7M
    Erosa flashed a fanged smiled at Saradas transformation. "Your getting serious now? You know how long I've been waiting to prove which of us is the strongest....Even if I don't hate you anymore, thats one thing that isn't gonna change. So C'mon! C'MON! Gimmie your best shot!" The Id threw her arms up as Sarada moved in, fist ablaze, and delivered a series of punches and kicks powered by her hitozaru form. Erosa countered in the only way she knew how....

....Punching.

Faster then the normal eye could see, Erosa swung her fist to intercept each of Saradas blows...blocking it with pure brute force. Every strike producing a thunderclap and a wave of force that no doubt did nothing to help the clean up somewhere below them. The twos exchange of blow only picked up in speed and intensity....and though at first the blowback from Sarada hits where doing more damage to Erosa then the returning hits, as the exchange heated up....Sarada would becoming painfully aware that the even with her hitozaru advantage the tide was slipping slowly back against her. Every blow Erosa landed in defense seem to strike with greater power as the Ids PL seemed to skyrocket just from the act of battle.

If her ki sense was attuned enough, The energy Sarada could sense held some similarities to what Ishtar seemed to produce when she was struck....only slightly different.

Aksara....a skill mutation Erosa had "learned" from Ishtar.

---

Magictie Charge: 3 (1,350,000)
    Aksara: Combo Strike - x5 (2,250,000)
    Erosas PL: 4,050,000

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "... and done."

With a tap of a touchscreen, Charco sent the video he had taken of the ceremony over to Jinzi. For one not skilled in anything but violence, it was the best gift he could think of for this occasion.

Slipping his phone back into his pocket, he made his way towards the others to try and mingle the best he could.
    OOC: Just in case the above post was lost in the mix (although I might have just missed any response to it)
    ----------

A familiar twinge of need echoed in his chest and the sensation of dark scales slithering through the darkness accompanying it. It seems the spat between Ishtar and Asha'rah had roused the ancient spirit, perhaps in anticipation of the potential duel that could erupt from this.

Bwhahaha!!

The laughter sent vibrations through his core, prompting him to press his hand against his chest in some vain attempt to cease the dinosaur's cackling.

Look and take in the truth laid bare before you, Charco... The spirit began, reveling in this turn of events,... No matter how many layers they seek to place between they and mortals, Gods, Goddesses, whatever self-important title they wave about, are no different from you and I underneath it all... Well, perhaps just you. I, as the Strongest, have long since shed such burdens. No longer am I shackled to their rules for I existence outside their system.

Crossing his arms over his chest, the boy leaned against a nearby wall as he continued to watch, trying his best to ignore the monologuing dinosaur in his head.

These deities speak of balance but have forgotten that there is more than just creation and destruction. Seeking to enforce order will only spur chaos into action, and its influence has no need for titles and roles. Your ancestors, as much as I loathe to admit, taught me this and I would place my bets that it will not be the influence of immortals that will prevail, but the very mortals they look down upon.

A long stretch of silence followed before Rex followed up with, Do not confuse my words for respect, Charco. I will punish your bloodline all in due time and then I shall take my rightful place as the Strongest and feast upon worlds and universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: Just in case the above post was lost in the mix (although I might have just missed any response to it)
    ----------

A familiar twinge of need echoed in his chest and the sensation of dark scales slithering through the darkness accompanying it. It seems the spat between Ishtar and Asha'rah had roused the ancient spirit, perhaps in anticipation of the potential duel that could erupt from this.

Bwhahaha!!

The laughter sent vibrations through his core, prompting him to press his hand against his chest in some vain attempt to cease the dinosaur's cackling.

Look and take in the truth laid bare before you, Charco... The spirit began, reveling in this turn of events,... No matter how many layers they seek to place between they and mortals, Gods, Goddesses, whatever self-important title they wave about, are no different from you and I underneath it all... Well, perhaps just you. I, as the Strongest, have long since shed such burdens. No longer am I shackled to their rules for I existence outside their system.

Crossing his arms over his chest, the boy leaned against a nearby wall as he continued to watch, trying his best to ignore the monologuing dinosaur in his head.

These deities speak of balance but have forgotten that there is more than just creation and destruction. Seeking to enforce order will only spur chaos into action, and its influence has no need for titles and roles. Your ancestors, as much as I loathe to admit, taught me this and I would place my bets that it will not be the influence of immortals that will prevail, but the very mortals they look down upon.

A long stretch of silence followed before Rex followed up with, Do not confuse my words for respect, Charco. I will punish your bloodline all in due time and then I shall take my rightful place as the Strongest and feast upon worlds and universes.
    Seeing Charco looking like he was in pain, Cyanna went over to him, "Hey, Charco, are you alright? What's wrong?"