Page 285 of 782 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sensing the sudden rise in Ki, Meagan rushes outside, "What are you two doing!? Stop it, right this minute!"

Turning to her human apprentice, "Dash! You know better than this. We can't use too much Ki around here."

Then to the green skinned girl, "Praxat, power down, right now. There are still dangers on this world that can smell Ki a mile away."
    Praxat powers down and sighs saying " man I really what to get practice on my new technique ." " it would have been so cool to have a match of speed against speed." Praxat then smiles saying " hey you know what's funny you two the fact I don't have ears." " I just have freaking holes located directly behind my eyes."

" so it's wonder how nobody ask me in the hell do I even hear." " being a Toadian I have eardrums that are connected directly to my lungs." " I hear with these holes in my head and my lungs." " my lungs vibrate in response to sound."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    While stirring his own veggies and noodles, Zaofan tilts his head to the side. "Stir-Fry Cicadas, eh? Good idea! High in protein. Low carb. Gluten free, though I don't think anyone here is allergic, but hey, it never hurts to have it. That should help them out well! I've had them before, in stews and pizzas, but only in hot, humid places."

He pulls out the concoction out of the fire and pours it into a large bowl. "Well, I for one can't wait to see Totoma and Karine Juniors. And maybe we can train them down the line! Could you imagine a playhouse built by Mr. Pantaloon? I'm starting to get jealous myself!"

Presenting the first batch, he flaps his apron to the side. "Voila! Here is broccoli and tofu stir-fry over noodles. A pinch of garlic, some mushrooms, and pure cane sugar. Even the vegetarians will be able to eat this, but it has everything you'd need for blood loss or anemic patients."

Zaofan then opens up a large door and pulls out a big, bubbling cauldron, bubbling so vigorously with a yellowish-white cream that the lid dances back and forth. "And good ol' fashioned Cream of Pteradon, with wing bones, extra red pepper, plenty of paprika, and bone marrow. Good for replenishing iron. You think they'd want some corn bread? to go with this?"

Even with his own super strength honed from years of training, there's still a satisfying thud when Zaofan puts the giant pot on the floor, signifying its satisfying weight. With a huff, he wipes the sweat off his brow, not from the heat of the fire, but from inhaling the spices in the brew.

"Marriage. Children. You're considerably younger than me but you've thought so much more about your future than I ever have. I just live day to day. You're committed. You have focus." Zaofan then says with a laugh, "How are we friends? Oh yes -- food! Can't wait to try out your creation, Chef Totoma."
    "Aww....am I too late to contribute to the pot...." A bag landed next to Zaofans feet, filled with a bunch of random animals and lizards along with some plants that looked particularly tasty(and non poisonous, hopefully)

"Nothing but small fry here, I tried one on the way back and it was like eating a shrimp." Erosa picked her teeth with a little bone some who knows what, and dropped into a crouch as she smiled at the two cooks. "Maybe you can add a little spice to Erosas Bounty hmm? Hmmmm? I might even share some with you."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat powers down and sighs saying " man I really what to get practice on my new technique ." " it would have been so cool to have a match of speed against speed." Praxat then smiles saying " hey you know what's funny you two the fact I don't have ears." " I just have freaking holes located directly behind my eyes."

" so it's wonder how nobody ask me in the hell do I even hear." " being a Toadian I have eardrums that are connected directly to my lungs." " I hear with these holes in my head and my lungs." " my lungs vibrate in response to sound."
    "Ah was just trying to help. Ah think being here is making us all a bit stir crazy." Dash kicked a small stone, then looked at Meagan, "Sorry, your right, I shoulda known better."

Meagan nodded, then looked at Praxat, "Lets' go back inside. You two can help me pack up the stuff we're bringing back with us."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It took some searching, but when Ishtar finally found a portion of the information she sought after, her eyes widened.

"Oh my."

The information was useless in the moment, beyond its revelation, but when she returned there was a conversation to be had with Shek'hinah; and so filing the information away, Ishtar continued her investigation before something of interest was spoken by Ochazuke.

"Ochazuke raises a fine point." Ishtar says, turning from her revelation at the mention of the Cairn Yard. "The wards, and their charges are as ancient as I am. I would learn all I can before I leave this ... place, behind. If I am unable to return, the loss of what secrets lay hidden would be a ... disappointment."

The souls that had been laid to rest in that hellish Carlin Yard hungered for the energy -- Life, Magic, Blood -- of the living. Was it Vitalmancy ? A curse lain upon them, binding them within their long-decayed corpses, and ancient bones ?

Whatever it was, Ishtar wished to learn of it before departing.
    "It should be some marvel if any creature beneath the earth indeed were," he chuckled. "Yet though the history has a familiar shape, the course of Terra is entirely different."

He exchanged a short glance with Ishtar. As it was written in the annals of this world, it was a world entirely set apart - a parallel of fearful symmetry.

"The story is an incomplete one, and the endeavour will be perilous. Yet, so it is the nature of Truth. Capricious and fickle it shall not be laid to rest forgotten."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Dangerous...but I can take you there. No..ki though. When we go to magic foci, only..tech allowed too except when Spell is cast. When near Cairns, no...power only tech.”
    “Don’t know what you’ll find. No souls left. Just bones and hunger. But I will take you...there.”
    Passing from the spartan hall and to the departure bay, as Ochazuke took a seat in the front his mind turned to that lush vein over the horizon, a small jewel of life that yet struggled against decay. The waters in that distant oasis spring held fast to nourish the scars of this ruined world, growing idyllically in its small corner as if all was as it should have been. Yet the verdant border extended no further than what meagre means surrounded this rusted sanctuary.

When one has honed the deadliest of weapons, all the universe must seem an enemy. He shut the door to his right, inhaling silently as he curled his hand into a fist. What befell these people of Terra in their challenge to the Ancients?

The fanciful speculation he had of the matter welled from a spark of a haphazard guess to a wild ember that burned in his mind. That threat which dwelled in that place even the Guardian Evangeline's sight could not reach, was this an aspect of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "It is the bones, and their hunger I seek to study, Wilhelm. Bereft of souls, the old bones should remain silent ... and yet they clamor at the sense of Ki, and hunger for the energy living. Why ? How ? I would know before this trip is ended."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Save a seat for me would you, I'd quite like to get a closer look at them myself." Etrina added in. ".....though, if I start making crasy propositions about bringing one home I'm sure Ishtar has the means to sedate me."
    Ishtar turned to look at Etrina, silently appraising her with glowing golden-eyes, only to chuckle after an eerie silence had settled in.

"Do not worry, Etrina. I intend to bring one with us."
    At this bold proclamation, Ochazuke turned, looked between the two of them, and grumbled something under his breath which resolved itself in a low sigh.

"If we can afford to expend the effort, though it will be no small matter to subdue that which will not die."

Still, even as he shifted to face front, his shoulders shook with a short, silent laugh. Set apart from the spirit of the self and nature, what is the power of these Cairns that swallows death and deposes living will?

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I suppose I'll tag along, if you don't mind." Held replied to their guide, rising from his seat with a grunt, "But, I am kind of curious about this place, despite myself..."

It's certainly an odd world....Nevada is a tough place, where everything seems to want to kill everyone....But this place...Everything that's dead wants to kill everything that was ever alive...It's like a half dead animal trying to feast on itself.

"Still, I'm an optimist. I'm sure I can find something of beauty in a place like this."

Beauty, of course, being a unique phrase for 'Of value' to the Nevadian.
    As Held entered the vehicle, Ochazuke greeted him curtly with a short nod, though his arms were still folded tensely across his chest.

"Heh, uplifting disposition for these rusted plains," he said.

While stirring his own veggies and noodles, Zaofan tilts his head to the side. "Stir-Fry Cicadas, eh? Good idea! High in protein. Low carb. Gluten free, though I don't think anyone here is allergic, but hey, it never hurts to have it. That should help them out well! I've had them before, in stews and pizzas, but only in hot, humid places."

He pulls out the concoction out of the fire and pours it into a large bowl. "Well, I for one can't wait to see Totoma and Karine Juniors. And maybe we can train them down the line! Could you imagine a playhouse built by Mr. Pantaloon? I'm starting to get jealous myself!"

Presenting the first batch, he flaps his apron to the side. "Voila! Here is broccoli and tofu stir-fry over noodles. A pinch of garlic, some mushrooms, and pure cane sugar. Even the vegetarians will be able to eat this, but it has everything you'd need for blood loss or anemic patients."

Zaofan then opens up a large door and pulls out a big, bubbling cauldron, bubbling so vigorously with a yellowish-white cream that the lid dances back and forth. "And good ol' fashioned Cream of Pteradon, with wing bones, extra red pepper, plenty of paprika, and bone marrow. Good for replenishing iron. You think they'd want some corn bread? to go with this?"

Even with his own super strength honed from years of training, there's still a satisfying thud when Zaofan puts the giant pot on the floor, signifying its satisfying weight. With a huff, he wipes the sweat off his brow, not from the heat of the fire, but from inhaling the spices in the brew.

"Marriage. Children. You're considerably younger than me but you've thought so much more about your future than I ever have. I just live day to day. You're committed. You have focus." Zaofan then says with a laugh, "How are we friends? Oh yes -- food! Can't wait to try out your creation, Chef Totoma."
    "Hehe, Cicadas are great. A lot of people think 'ew bugs' but, really, they're just land shrimp to me. I remember back when I was a kid... I went and caught a bunch of cicadas. I mean a lot of them. Ya know how young boys are with bugs. I took them to my dad, he, er, offed them, and then fried 'em up for dinner's appetizer. Ahh, those... those were the days. And pretty soon, my dad'll be back and... my family will be together again, after... a long time."

He took a deep breath to calm his emotions at the thought. There was so much he had to say to his father... and there was a lot his mother had to say to him, too. Like calling him a dumbass for withdrawing emotionally from his son and then working himself to death. But as long as he forgave his father, his mother said that she would, too. "I'll introduce you when he's back. I'll bet he's learned some crazy recipes in the otherworld! And gotten super-strong, like mom did."

Totoma smiled at the first of Zaofan's dishes. He wasn't that much of a fan of Tofu, but it was Zaofan, who was definitely Earth's best chef right now, so it was certain to be delicious. Heh, it was a good thing the Haurvatat technique made his hunger more... manageable, because otherwise he'd have eaten half the stuff they were cooking, instead of just sampling the cicadas. Which had turned out delicious, might he add.

"And it seems to me like you're already thinking about the future. Or beginning to. But, man, I don't think there's anything wrong with living day-to-day. It's a heckuva lot better than how I used to live... stuck in the past. I mean, yeah, obviously, I think about my future and, um, Kari's future and the Earth's future, because... I'm the madman that decided 'hey, let's be Earth's protector!' but mostly I'm like you. One day at a time, just... enjoying the whole 'living' thing as it happens. And... corn bread sounds good. Maybe some milk bread, too, if we've got the ingredients. I... think we do. Somewhere."

As for training... "Heck yeah I'm gonna train them. Figure me, my mom, Kari, dad, and Kari's dad can all contribute to that. Considering how strong Kari and I have gotten--and how much stronger we'll get in the future--our kids are gonna be something else! Heh, maybe my and Kari's kids will be able to play with your and Etrina's kids... assuming they're around the same age, anyway."

Hm, some more soup to warm the soul would do the team some good. Let's see... looking at the remaining ingredients, he could probably make quite a few servings of egg drop soup. After a moment of private deliberation, Totoma added that to his insane bit of culinary multi-tasking.

"This'll actually be the first time you've had my cooking, isn't it? Heh, I'm a bit nervous; I hope I live up to your expectations!"
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-17-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The smell of food being cooked attracted Parsley's attention from where she had been deeper within the compound. Once she and Blue Etrina reached the kitchen, she found Zaofan and the mutt preparing a meal. She assumed it was for everyone, so she cleared her throat to make her presence known. "It seems I'm just in time." She sat down and folded her arms across her chest.

"A meal to boost morale? Or perhaps a celebratory dish after our defeat of the Saiyan Killer. I suppose that means especially much for you, son of Tasure."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Aww....am I too late to contribute to the pot...." A bag landed next to Zaofans feet, filled with a bunch of random animals and lizards along with some plants that looked particularly tasty(and non poisonous, hopefully)

"Nothing but small fry here, I tried one on the way back and it was like eating a shrimp." Erosa picked her teeth with a little bone some who knows what, and dropped into a crouch as she smiled at the two cooks. "Maybe you can add a little spice to Erosas Bounty hmm? Hmmmm? I might even share some with you."
    Zaofan drops everything and vigorously wipes his hands on his apron before approaching the Id, with the hug plane coming in for a landing. "Erosa! Hah hah! I was wondering when we'd get to hang!" He pats on her on the back, before returning back to his station and picking up the bag of... goodies... on the floor.

He picks up the bag and empties out its contents on the kitchen island. It was certainly something. Between the bloody scraps and the stench, Zaofan winces, but between the son of Bekon and himself, well. "I've never said no to a challenge. For you, Erosa?." But, regardless of his hesitation, he smiles back at Erosa, in genuine honesty. "Thanks. I'll give it a shot. Tell me, how do you feel about cicadas? Courtesy of Chef Totoma here."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Hehe, Cicadas are great. A lot of people think 'ew bugs' but, really, they're just land shrimp to me. I remember back when I was a kid... I went and caught a bunch of cicadas. I mean a lot of them. Ya know how young boys are with bugs. I took them to my dad, he, er, offed them, and then fried 'em up for dinner's appetizer. Ahh, those... those were the days. And pretty soon, my dad'll be back and... my family will be together again, after... a long time."

He took a deep breath to calm his emotions at the thought. There was so much he had to say to his father... and there was a lot his mother had to say to him, too. Like calling him a dumbass for withdrawing emotionally from his son and then working himself to death. But as long as he forgave his father, his mother said that she would, too. "I'll introduce you when he's back. I'll bet he's learned some crazy recipes in the otherworld! And gotten super-strong, like mom did."

Totoma smiled at the first of Zaofan's dishes. He wasn't that much of a fan of Tofu, but it was Zaofan, who was definitely Earth's best chef right now, so it was certain to be delicious. Heh, it was a good thing the Haurvatat technique made his hunger more... manageable, because otherwise he'd have eaten half the stuff they were cooking, instead of just sampling the cicadas. Which had turned out delicious, might he add.

"And it seems to me like you're already thinking about the future. Or beginning to. But, man, I don't think there's anything wrong with living day-to-day. It's a heckuva lot better than how I used to live... stuck in the past. I mean, yeah, obviously, I think about my future and, um, Kari's future and the Earth's future, because... I'm the madman that decided 'hey, let's be Earth's protector!' but mostly I'm like you. One day at a time, just... enjoying the whole 'living' thing as it happens. And... corn bread sounds good. Maybe some milk bread, too, if we've got the ingredients. I... think we do. Somewhere."

As for training... "Heck yeah I'm gonna train them. Figure me, my mom, Kari, dad, and Kari's dad can all contribute to that. Considering how strong Kari and I have gotten--and how much stronger we'll get in the future--our kids are gonna be something else! Heh, maybe my and Kari's kids will be able to play with your and Etrina's kids... assuming they're around the same age, anyway."

Hm, some more soup to warm the soul would do the team some good. Let's see... looking at the remaining ingredients, he could probably make quite a few servings of egg drop soup. After a moment of private deliberation, Totoma added that to his insane bit of culinary multi-tasking.

"This'll actually be the first time you've had my cooking, isn't it? Heh, I'm a bit nervous; I hope I live up to your expectations!"
    "You know, I never did get the chance to visit your clan when we all went our separate ways. Maybe I should get around to doing just that when we return home!"

Was this it? Was this really an old hat to Zaofan by now that he could talk with such determination? Obviously he doesn't know if they'll ever get back home -- it's another universe altogether, after all -- but the whole group had been through so much already, including deep space and faux-time travel, that he would welcome all this talk of expectation, as if they were definitely going to make it home. Of course, the thought of collective failure jars him a bit.

"But yes. Your dad, your loved ones, your people. Your strength, power, and character are all a testament to the fine job they've done with you." He offers a warm smile from across the kitchen. "They would be proud to see you now, and it would be my honor to meet them."

He then walks over to Totoma's creations, taking a big whiff and, despite all the gore and violence, he feels his own stomach start to rumble. "And yes, this will be the first time. But you've nothing to worry about, friend! If you cook as well as you fight, then we're in good hands. Though we all start somewhere, you're not one to back down from a challenge.

Looking over Erosa's haul, Zaofan opens his hand to point at it. "Totoma, care to handle this with me? Let's consider it a challenge. And a collaboration. Maybe we could make something that would go well with the cornbread and milk bread, perhaps?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The smell of food being cooked attracted Parsley's attention from where she had been deeper within the compound. Once she and Blue Etrina reached the kitchen, she found Zaofan and the mutt preparing a meal. She assumed it was for everyone, so she cleared her throat to make her presence known. "It seems I'm just in time." She sat down and folded her arms across her chest.

"A meal to boost morale? Or perhaps a celebratory dish after our defeat of the Saiyan Killer. I suppose that means especially much for you, son of Tasure."
    Zaofan, a little tired of the cooking, takes a seat on a stool, half standing and half leaning. "Ah, Parsley. Et...ri...na.(?)" He quickly clears his throat to recover his composure. "Welcome to Chez Apocalypse." Without moving from his seat, he waves his open-palmed hands to present everything edible thus far.

He then crosses his arms and tilts his head to the side. "I guess we never had the time to properly celebrate our victory over Jagam. But I suppose this meal could serve many purposes. We designed this meal to help restore our energy and blood loss, and low morale definitely drains energy. You, in particular, suffered a really nasty wound on your throat. So, I'd welcome anyone to eat, really, yourself included."

Zaofan then quietly asks Erosa, "Psst. Hey. What's up with the different color Etrinas? Things got too hectic for me to ask, um, Etrina Prime, I guess, but... I was wondering if you knew anything about that."
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-17-2018 at 09:39 PM.

A voice interrupted his conversation with Zaofan. Parsley, Sarada's sister. According to Maiz, she was the reason why Sarada struggled for so long and nearly became a slave. Hm. She was also someone that would have oppressed--and potentially genocided--halfbreeds, people like him, had she gained the throne. That is, if his mother weren't around. She'd plainly stated that if Parsley or anyone like her gained the throne, she'd... take care of them, the moment they acted against halfbreeds. Good thing it didn't come to that.

"A little of both," he said, continuing his work. "Zao and I figured that our host could use the pick-me-up that a nice, home-cooked meal provides, and... well, we did kick Jagam's ass, after all. Not having that *******'s shadow hanging over every saiyan is as good a reason for a feast as any. And yeah, it's... definitely nice, not having to worry about him anymore."

His mind drifted back to the battle. He recalled Parsley using the Hitozaru form, and... also getting her throat slit. "Hey, nice one whipping out the Hitozaru like that. Guess you figured it out just from seeing your sis use it, like I did when my mom used it against Jagam all those years. Quite the rush the first time, ain't it. Like the first time going Oozaru all over again."

He uncapsuled one set of prepared Cicadas and piled them on a large plate, nudging it over to Parsley. "Here ya go. Stir-fried Cicadas. Got a crunch to 'em, but they taste sorta like shrimp and have plenty of protein." And if there was one thing Saiyans loved, it was protein.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-17-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Zaofan, a little tired of the cooking, takes a seat on a stool, half standing and half leaning. "Ah, Parsley. Et...ri...na.(?)" He quickly clears his throat to recover his composure. "Welcome to Chez Apocalypse." Without moving from his seat, he waves his open-palmed hands to present everything edible thus far.

He then crosses his arms and tilts his head to the side. "I guess we never had the time to properly celebrate our victory over Jagam. But I suppose this meal could serve many purposes. We designed this meal to help restore our energy and blood loss, and low morale definitely drains energy. You, in particular, suffered a really nasty wound on your throat. So, I'd welcome anyone to eat, really, yourself included."

Zaofan then quietly asks Erosa, "Psst. Hey. What's up with the different color Etrinas? Things got too hectic for me to ask, um, Etrina Prime, I guess, but... I was wondering if you knew anything about that."
    Parsley didn't really need to be reminded of having her throat slit. On the other hand, the boost in power almost dying at the hands of that half-breed garbage would the humiliation worth it ten times over. Even more so if she surpassed Sarada. "Yes, in that case, I really did come just in time."

When the plate of insects was slid over to her, she raised an eyebrow. They weren't unappealing by any stretch, and she had indeed eaten far stranger foods during her travels across the stars with her band of mercenaries over the last few years. The bugs -- or cicadas as Zaofan called them -- had an interesting smell. She picked one up and put it in her mouth. The crunch sent a shiver up her body, but the taste was delectable enough for her to be willing to ignore it. "Not the strangest thing I've eaten in the last month. Good, for an appetizer." She ate a few more.

As she ate, she overheard him speaking to the creature crouching on the ground like some kind of animal. He inquired of the miniature Etrina floating around her. "Why don't you ask her yourself?" she spoke. "She's intelligent enough to tell you the reason for her creation. I assume, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    A voice interrupted his conversation with Zaofan. Parsley, Sarada's sister. According to Maiz, she was the reason why Sarada struggled for so long and nearly became a slave. Hm. She was also someone that would have oppressed--and potentially genocided--halfbreeds, people like him, had she gained the throne. That is, if his mother weren't around. She'd plainly stated that if Parsley or anyone like her gained the throne, she'd... take care of them, the moment they acted against halfbreeds. Good thing it didn't come to that.

"A little of both," he said, continuing his work. "Zao and I figured that our host could use the pick-me-up that a nice, home-cooked meal provides, and... well, we did kick Jagam's ass, after all. Not having that *******'s shadow hanging over every saiyan is as good a reason for a feast as any. And yeah, it's... definitely nice, not having to worry about him anymore."

His mind drifted back to the battle. He recalled Parsley using the Hitozaru form, and... also getting her throat slit. "Hey, nice one whipping out the Hitozaru like that. Guess you figured it out just from seeing your sis use it, like I did when my mom used it against Jagam all those years. Quite the rush the first time, ain't it. Like the first time going Oozaru all over again."

He uncapsuled one set of prepared Cicadas and piled them on a large plate, nudging it over to Parsley. "Here ya go. Stir-fried Cicadas. Got a crunch to 'em, but they taste sorta like shrimp and have plenty of protein." And if there was one thing Saiyans loved, it was protein.
    She recalled seeing him use the Hitozaru form, as well; or a derivative of it. It was much larger than hers or Sarada's, or Mato's when he used the form last month. She also noticed he was much stronger that they were. While that may have been because he had more experience using the form -- evidenced by stating he learned it from his mother, who created the form if she wasn't mistaken -- she had a hunch there was more going on than simply being able to draw more from his Oozaru form's power.

At any rate, it didn't matter in the end. When all was said and done, Parsley would be standing above him. Whatever further abilities he possessed that boosted his power to new heights paled in comparison to her own. Such was the ability of a prodigy. Though, as loathe as she was to admit it, it seemed this mutt was also a prodigy, if the tales of his strength as a child held up to the scrutiny of truth. Then again, that may have been because half-breeds were scientifically proven to be stronger than purebreds, provided they maintained a consistent training regimen. However, most didn't; it seemed that those of mixed genes didn't have the drive for combat and improvement as those of pure genes did.

A good thing for Parsley.

"Well, I would say that our host would greatly appreciate the gesture," she answered honestly. "Being isolated for hundreds of years, to the point that he's forgotten how to carry on a conversation, has had a negative effect on his psyche mental stability, I'm sure." A home-cooked meal would do much in making him feel better in the short-term, but would do little in terms of actually straightening out his obvious mental hangups. Only slowly and gradually reintegrating him into society -- assuming they were able to bring him back to their home universe like they continuously promised -- would solve that, along with extensive psychiatric treatment and possibly medication.

It was ultimately a kind and appreciated, if not pointless, gesture.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley didn't really need to be reminded of having her throat slit. On the other hand, the boost in power almost dying at the hands of that half-breed garbage would the humiliation worth it ten times over. Even more so if she surpassed Sarada. "Yes, in that case, I really did come just in time."

When the plate of insects was slid over to her, she raised an eyebrow. They weren't unappealing by any stretch, and she had indeed eaten far stranger foods during her travels across the stars with her band of mercenaries over the last few years. The bugs -- or cicadas as Zaofan called them -- had an interesting smell. She picked one up and put it in her mouth. The crunch sent a shiver up her body, but the taste was delectable enough for her to be willing to ignore it. "Not the strangest thing I've eaten in the last month. Good, for an appetizer." She ate a few more.

As she ate, she overheard him speaking to the creature crouching on the ground like some kind of animal. He inquired of the miniature Etrina floating around her. "Why don't you ask her yourself?" she spoke. "She's intelligent enough to tell you the reason for her creation. I assume, anyway."
    "Hm, touche." Zaofan gets up and grabs a bowl, taking a big huge ladle full out of the cauldron, the ladle almost as big as the bowl itself. He then sets the bowl down
    on a tray, next to a plate of noodles.

"In this kitchen, between Chef Totoma and myself, food is almost like sparring." He picks up what passes for flatware on this world, and puts it on the tray. "Those appetizers are like feints and jabs, both to test what the opponent can handle, and to satisfy just some of those urges to make contact. But once you're done with the appetizer, you're ready to move on to heavier blows and attacks; and you want to see if the flavor of battle is suited to your tastes. I present to you --"

Zaofan then gracefully picks up the tray and wistfully sets it in front of Parsley: "Chunky Cream of Pteradon Stew with Broccoli and Tofu noodles on the side."

He then glances over at Totoma. "I actually like feeding Saiyans, I think!"

With that task done, he pours two glasses of water. One for himself, and one for Parsley. While taking a sip, he asks Blue Etrina. "But Parsley is right. Blunt, but right. If I can talk to, well, the Etrina I'm used to, and if you come from her, then I suppose I can ask you, too. Who are you? Where did you come from?"

She recalled seeing him use the Hitozaru form, as well; or a derivative of it. It was much larger than hers or Sarada's, or Mato's when he used the form last month. She also noticed he was much stronger that they were. While that may have been because he had more experience using the form -- evidenced by stating he learned it from his mother, who created the form if she wasn't mistaken -- she had a hunch there was more going on than simply being able to draw more from his Oozaru form's power.

At any rate, it didn't matter in the end. When all was said and done, Parsley would be standing above him. Whatever further abilities he possessed that boosted his power to new heights paled in comparison to her own. Such was the ability of a prodigy. Though, as loathe as she was to admit it, it seemed this mutt was also a prodigy, if the tales of his strength as a child held up to the scrutiny of truth. Then again, that may have been because half-breeds were scientifically proven to be stronger than purebreds, provided they maintained a consistent training regimen. However, most didn't; it seemed that those of mixed genes didn't have the drive for combat and improvement as those of pure genes did.

A good thing for Parsley.

"Well, I would say that our host would greatly appreciate the gesture," she answered honestly. "Being isolated for hundreds of years, to the point that he's forgotten how to carry on a conversation, has had a negative effect on his psyche mental stability, I'm sure." A home-cooked meal would do much in making him feel better in the short-term, but would do little in terms of actually straightening out his obvious mental hangups. Only slowly and gradually reintegrating him into society -- assuming they were able to bring him back to their home universe like they continuously promised -- would solve that, along with extensive psychiatric treatment and possibly medication.

It was ultimately a kind and appreciated, if not pointless, gesture.
    Zaofan scratches his chin. "Seeing all of us together, plus presenting him with a home-cooked meal that's *wayyy* better than those rations of his -- Chef, do you think we might be overloading him? Or, maybe he'll change his mind once he tries one of your cicadas." Eh, Zaofan might as well, as he takes another cicada and munches it down while contemplating the question.

"I realize this is a major change in his way of life, but ... I believe above all else that food creates community. That food creates bonding. Especially good food, made with the best intentions. When he's ready, he could use some community.:

Sasheem sat upon the ground outside Wilhelm's base. Surprisingly, he appeared to be in meditation. He was careful not to activate his ki or magic or anything that would alert the long buried dead, but neither of those were things that were on his mind. The power he contemplated was different than anything he'd ever seen before.

"That weird...whatever she is, Asha'rah...what was the power she wielded? She's some kinda goddess right? That energy...it was nothing but pure annihilation! Gotta know how she harnesses it. Gotta learn how....but wait...does the Oni have the same power? She believe's she's destined to be god of destruction so it makes sense...not to mention she's stronger than her power level indicates..."

Sahseem's eyes strained as he tried to perceive hoe a fight with the Oni would go in image training. The look on the Majin's face told the answer would not be in his favor.

"Something's missing here....Sasheem is the Greater Annihilatr, no one better. There's got to be a way to-"

The Majin ceased in his thoughts for a moment as a vision came to him, bathed in a clarifying light. A vision of humans. Eight humans. Martial art practioners of a style he was very familiar with. The Snake School. But Sasheem didn't quite get it. Where had he seen this before? Some dusty old tome in the Snake temple no doubt. Then inthis perplexoty, the answer became clear once more as the Eight practioners of the Snake in his vision, slowly coalesced into one. "Yamata no Orochi Fist..." Sasheem mused to himself.

The unlearnable technique. The one that none of the Snake School could even hope to master. The Majin smirked to himself. None of them were Sasheem.

The spirit is long gone. The body is almost like an automaton. It sleeps unless it senses ki or magic or life's energy near by, then awakens to feed. Whatever embodied the old creature, it is no longer there and is simply a a terrible trap now. It only the presence of blood magic that awoke them, and even all they took has been consumed and taken.

Though perhaps something deep in the world.......
    Asha'rah breathed a sigh of relief. The spirits of these creatures were at rest, at least. What was left of their mortal shells was generally of little consequence beyond sentimental value. The dark magics imbued in this place simply made for a bloody, fetid trap, visually horrific but nothing more.

Still, there was a lingering suspicion, a barely perceptible tug upon her will. All Gods of Creation retained some connection with creation itself. Nurturing such connections had been her trump card against Indar'en, turning and focusing the energies of a planet against him when he least expected.

She had not been strong enough for quite some time to commune with creation itself, outside of very specific circumstances. But perhaps now...

Allowing herself to come to rest in the lotus position, Asha'rah meditated upon the world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

As Held entered the vehicle, Ochazuke greeted him curtly with a short nod, though his arms were still folded tensely across his chest.

"Heh, uplifting disposition for these rusted plains," he said.
    "I did some reading before we all went our separate ways, not to long after Eva died." the Nevadian replied with a wry smile, "It was a book called 'the power of positive thinking.'"

He shrugged slightly, before taking the seat nearest to the crane practitioner.

"If nothing else, it sure as hell beats spending the whole of our time here wondering what else is going to try and emerge from this place to try and eat our entrails, yeah?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah was just trying to help. Ah think being here is making us all a bit stir crazy." Dash kicked a small stone, then looked at Meagan, "Sorry, your right, I shoulda known better."

Meagan nodded, then looked at Praxat, "Lets' go back inside. You two can help me pack up the stuff we're bringing back with us."

Praxat skin then changes to purple with black spots to show a sign of respect saying " sure that sounds great." " I need something to drink anyways I'm thirsty. "

OT : Praxat skin color is depend on her mood ( emotions) and the surrounding temperature . she can also change her skin color to match her surrounds so she can change her skin to the color of the building of course this will only work if she's calm.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah breathed a sigh of relief. The spirits of these creatures were at rest, at least. What was left of their mortal shells was generally of little consequence beyond sentimental value. The dark magics imbued in this place simply made for a bloody, fetid trap, visually horrific but nothing more.

Still, there was a lingering suspicion, a barely perceptible tug upon her will. All Gods of Creation retained some connection with creation itself. Nurturing such connections had been her trump card against Indar'en, turning and focusing the energies of a planet against him when he least expected.

She had not been strong enough for quite some time to commune with creation itself, outside of very specific circumstances. But perhaps now...

Allowing herself to come to rest in the lotus position, Asha'rah meditated upon the world.
    OT: Just quick, did she stay to meditate near the Cairn or did she go back with the group to Wilhelm’s base and this is all happening before they left for it?

IC:

There is something.

It is buried deep, deep under the earth. Deep under the Cairn. It is a faint whisper on her mind, some semblance of....memory.

Whatever it is, she can reach out if she likes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM