Page 436 of 782 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Huh?" Etrina turned to him with a curious expression. ".....Why? I thought you came to stay with me....We don't have to leave. Its much better here." Etrina smiled, peaceful yet hollow, a face completely remained from ambition. "We don't have to struggle now....we'll be protected. We can finally get properly engaged, and then married.....all the things that kept getting in the way are gone now."

Etrina walked up to him and took his hands. "....We'll stay here forever, together......that would be nice, wouldn't it?"
    "Because of your friends! And Erosa! You're in danger here! You were kidnapped!" Zaofan slightly turns his head but maintains his eye contact with Etrina. Something is wrong, terribly wrong.

"What's happened to you? The Etrina I know has spirit...! Drive...! Indomitable will!"

He thinks back to all his times with Etrina, trying to summon the best memories as possible. "No, you crave challenge. You crave achievement -- the power, the struggle, the taming. Even for someone with your upbringing, you always strive for more. And frankly, there's been no better place to do that than on Earth, with our friends, and in all our travels."

He takes a step back, puts thumb to lower lip to regroup in thought. Finally, he puts his wrists together, turning them palms-up, and offers himself for handcuffs: "If you choose to stay here, I, your sheep, am obligated to follow your instructions... MISTRESS Etrina. Woof."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Because of your friends! And Erosa! You're in danger here! You were kidnapped!" Zaofan slightly turns his head but maintains his eye contact with Etrina. Something is wrong, terribly wrong.
    "Danger? There isn't danger here my husband to be.....theres....." Etrina paused. "......Where was Erosa again? Shouldn't she..."

"What's happened to you? The Etrina I know has spirit...! Drive...! Indomitable will!"

He thinks back to all his times with Etrina, trying to summon the best memories as possible. "No, you crave challenge. You crave achievement -- the power, the struggle, the taming. Even for someone with your upbringing, you always strive for more. And frankly, there's been no better place to do that than on Earth, with our friends, and in all our travels."
    "...I don't understand....We're always being separated when we're out there.....there's nothing to get in the way of us being together here. Why can't you be....." Etrina clutched her head. "....but....we can be happy here.....and you...you..."

He takes a step back, puts thumb to lower lip to regroup in thought. Finally, he puts his wrists together, turning them palms-up, and offers himself for handcuffs: "If you choose to stay here, I, your sheep, am obligated to follow your instructions... MISTRESS Etrina. Woof."[/QUOTE]

"........" Etrina looked up at Zaofan, her eyes focused slowly on his face. "......Sheep.....don't bark......they baaa and do as they're told....Is my husband, being an idiot....."

Etrina seemed on the verge of seeing something in Zaofan face, then she looked past him. ".....Dad is in the window..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The light glowed slightly brighter, as if awakening. The slight yawn that came in response to the summons indicated that, perhaps the analogy was closer to truth.

A voice, beautiful and gentle, wise yet young sounding, seemed to come from no one source in the garden. Floating like the air, or riding on the scents of the flowers.

"Lady Asha'rah, it is an honor. Welcome to Chroma, to our home."
    "Thank you. I have felt welcome. Meagan has been most hospitable during our stay."

Asha'rah paused, her next words carrying greater weight.

"To what extent are you aware of the aftermath of the War in the Heavens?"

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Sihn? The name was one she didn't recognize, but they were clearly an associate of Ishtars that could lend credence to her claims about Auroc. And yet, it seemed that the Oni was incapable--or unwilling--to take her to this 'Sihn' at the moment. "Hm, well, the next time you have a chance to meet this... Sihn, I request that I be allowed to converse with him as well. If Auroc is indeed some... thing like that Sasheem creature, then I would lend myself to the cause of removing him from power without hesitation, for what it's worth."

The question about trying to... bargain, more or less, with her mother was interesting, though... "I've seen no indication that she is as... open-minded as I am when it comes to other species. Unless presented with strong evidence presented by another Threshling, she would in all likelihood brush it off as a ploy to sow mistrust and dissent among our ranks. Even my warning was met with a tepid promise to keep an eye on him."

Nevanlinna paused for a moment to consider something. "Then again, it would appear that I did not know at least some of my family as well as one would hope, so it is entirely possible my mother may listen to someone who brings that proof, even if they are an outsider."
    "He will likely pull me to Otherworld the next time I do something ... unwise." Ishtar replied, almost without missing a beat. "I will ask that he drag you there as well, if only to confirm who and what I plan to kill." The Oni trailed off then however, as she remembered one of the single-use 'gifts' she had been given; and while it would be useful in the moment to use it and prove to Nevanlinna the truth she offered ... such seemed ultimately fruitless, and a thing not likely to be given her again.

So for now it would simply have to do, to plan on a future meeting.

Though Nevanlinna's comments in regards to her mother, continued to be ... noteworthy.

"She may not trust any outsider," Ishtar agreed remembering Anula's xenophobia even in the face of defeat by those she deemed 'savages'. "Might go so far as to attempt killing me on sight ... and yet, this mark is only for those deemed worthy of Auroc, yes ? The God your mother is held in the sway of, like so many thousands ? Millions ? ..." The golden-eyed Oni frowned. "It will be awhile yet before I am ready to kill Auroc ... I know little of Reshlan ... and with what Megan, and I did with the information Anula pilfered from Jinzi ... I do not believe many Threshling will be leaving their homeworld."

Ishtar glanced at Nevanlinna and sighed.

"It has been a weird year, yes ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada was a bit in shock. She hadn't been expecting an apology, much less a sincere one. As such, she stood there for a very moment, as if unsure of how to even comprehend what she had just heard, never mind actually responding.

The last several months had been long, but Sarada hadn't given thought to exactly how long, in terms of actual length. Enough time, as was just made plainly evident, for one as harshly prejudice as Nevanlinna to not only soften her views on Saiyans, but to gain the humility to actually apologize for those views. It was staggering. As staggering as it was encouraging.

It proved that if someone like her could change her views on Saiyans in a relatively short time, then the same could easily be said of others. Maybe, with hope, even the ones they wronged so egregiously in the past.

"Apology accepted," she responded with a growing smile.

The second thing, however, drained any mirth and warmth from that smile. She supposed, given how high profile the rank of Princess was, that news of Parsley's death would have spread to most worlds fairly quickly. And given her sister's notoriety, that news was met with heartless sentiment and sarcastic condolences. This, however, what Nevanlinna just offered her, was genuine.

She could see the budding friendship between the two Princesses. If Parsley was alive, there would have been several bolded similarities shared between them - being disgraced and treated as an outsider by their respective races, one was effectively exiled while the other was literally exiled. She was sure there were others, but those two stood out like sore thumbs.

At any rate, the offering was appreciated. "Thank you." She sighed heavily. "It's been harder than I thought. I thought there was no longer any love lost between the two of us, but evidently, it was just buried under years of competition." Her brows creased under heavy sorrow and guilt. "When she returns, I'm going to strive to make things right between us. There's a lot we both need to apologize for, so I might as well get that ball rolling."
    With her family far from her reach and with the revelation that at least some of them had never really cared for her at all, Nevanlinna had learned a valuable lesson in just how... precious family was. Of course, at the moment, the closest thing she had to family was the young Saiyan in her care, but beggars could not be choosers.

"That's good," said Nevanlinna. "Perhaps it would do me well to test myself against her once she returns... after you two have had a chance to clear the air to some extent, of course. And I'm sure Seri, rambunctious as she is, will want to have a go at her, too."

Nevanlinna didn't particularly fancy the idea of Seri fighting Parsley, given how the older Saiyan was, but as long as she was there to whisk her charge into Vaikuntha, the danger should be minimal. And, if she were lucky, Seri would get one of those zenkai boosts from the experience, which would further improve her as a sparring partner. So.. a win-win, of sorts.

"...yes, well, I have taken enough of your time already. By your leave, highness."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

After the time skip:

A lone ship bypasses Earth’s new defensive grid as the magic tunes carved on it make it invisible to them.

It lands surprisingly gently in the North continent, and Sir Luop steps out.

Leaving the shop after hiding it, he taps a magi-tech device that will broadcast his next words to the entire world.

“Attention Earthlings, my name is Sir Luop Nosredna, Knight of the Bronze, servant of the Threshling Empire. I have come to this planet for two purposes: 1) the Priestess Anula will be given to me for execution. 2) I challenge your strongest fighters for the right to this planet. The Threshling Empire expands, in the name of our Queen, and we seek to convert your world. Come forth to accept my challenge and bring me the traitor Anula. My coordinates are as follows.”

A mental location is broadcast to the world along with these words.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 11-18-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Danger? There isn't danger here my husband to be.....theres....." Etrina paused. "......Where was Erosa again? Shouldn't she..."
    "That's it! That's it! Where should Erosa be in a place like this?"

"...I don't understand....We're always being separated when we're out there.....there's nothing to get in the way of us being together here. Why can't you be....." Etrina clutched her head. "....but....we can be happy here.....and you...you..."
    "We wouldn't be our real selves in here! We'll be stunted if we stay! That's not what you and I do -- we grow, we strive, we become better! And we help others, always!"

"........" Etrina looked up at Zaofan, her eyes focused slowly on his face. "......Sheep.....don't bark......they baaa and do as they're told....Is my husband, being an idiot....."

Etrina seemed on the verge of seeing something in Zaofan face, then she looked past him. ".....Dad is in the window..."
    "That's it...! That's it...! Snap out of..."

Zaofan then clearly turns around, no mind to discreetness.

"Aww ****..." He curses as he pulls Etrina behind him, one hand over her and another hand up towards the Stoltengarde.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    After the time skip:

A lone ship bypasses Earth’s new defensive grid as the magic tunes carved on it make it invisible to them.

It lands surprisingly gently in the North continent, and Sir Luop steps out.

Leaving the shop after hiding it, he taps a magi-tech device that will broadcast his next words to the entire world.

“Attention Earthlings, my name is Sir Luop Nosredna, Knight of the Bronze, servant of the Threshling Empire. I have come to this planet for two purposes: 1) the Priestess Anula will be given to me for execution. 2) I challenge your strongest fighters for the right to this planet. The Threshling Empire expands, in the name of our Queen, and we seek to convert your world. Come forth to accept my challenge and bring me the traitor Anula. My coordinates are as follows.”

A mental location is broadcast to the world along with these words.
    Nevanlinna and Seri had been doing some outside-of-Vaikuntha training when Luop's words were broadcast. Immediately, Nevanlinna stopped... only for her to eat a right hook across the chin from Seri, sending her careening some ways away.

"Haha, yay, I got you good!" The young Saiyan blinked. "Um, did... did you just hear a voice?"

Rubbing her chin, Nevanlinna stood up. "Yes, it's... another of my kind. Here to expand the Empire's dominion, no doubt. You should ge--"

"No! I'm not going to hide! Take me with you."

"But--"

Seri crossed her arms and gave Neva the most serious, intimidating look she could manage... which, as a kid, wasn't very intimidating at all. Still, since she had been granted the right to enter and leave Vaikuntha at her discretion, even if she seemingly complied... she'd end up popping out once things got going. The exiled princess sighed.

"Fine, but be careful and stick with me."

Seri smiled widely "You betcha! Ohh, I can't wait!"

"Well then, let's ride out to meet Luop, shall we?" With that, Nevanlinna's aura flared into existed, as did Seri's, and the two jetted off towards the location the Threshling Knight had broadcast.

As quick as they were at this point, the trip did not take long. With a smooth, practiced transition, Neva's aura dissipated and she dropped to the ground perhaps ten meters in front of Luop, with Seri landing behind her.

"Sir Luop, how... expected to see you here," she said, crossing her arms.

Nevanlinna and Seri had been doing some outside-of-Vaikuntha training when Luop's words were broadcast. Immediately, Nevanlinna stopped... only for her to eat a right hook across the chin from Seri, sending her careening some ways away.

"Haha, yay, I got you good!" The young Saiyan blinked. "Um, did... did you just hear a voice?"

Rubbing her chin, Nevanlinna stood up. "Yes, it's... another of my kind. Here to expand the Empire's dominion, no doubt. You should ge--"

"No! I'm not going to hide! Take me with you."

"But--"

Seri crossed her arms and gave Neva the most serious, intimidating look she could manage... which, as a kid, wasn't very intimidating at all. Still, since she had been granted the right to enter and leave Vaikuntha at her discretion, even if she seemingly complied... she'd end up popping out once things got going. The exiled princess sighed.

"Fine, but be careful and stick with me."

Seri smiled widely "You betcha! Ohh, I can't wait!"

"Well then, let's ride out to meet Luop, shall we?" With that, Nevanlinna's aura flared into existed, as did Seri's, and the two jetted off towards the location the Threshling Knight had broadcast.

As quick as they were at this point, the trip did not take long. With a smooth, practiced transition, Neva's aura dissipated and she dropped to the ground perhaps ten meters in front of Luop, with Seri landing behind her.

"Sir Luop, how... expected to see you here," she said, crossing her arms.
    His massive blade tip lay embedded in the ground, hands resting on the pommel. He turns and bows slightly.

“Lady Nevalinna. I was unaware you were here. Have you brought the traitor with you?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

His massive blade tip lay embedded in the ground, hands resting on the pommel. He turns and bows slightly.

“Lady Nevalinna. I was unaware you were here. Have you brought the traitor with you?”
    "Alas, I have not. She is under the care of the guardian of this world, and I am sure she will be along shortly. As will the other defenders of this world," said Nevanlinna. "And there is no need to refer to me as 'lady' anymore, given that I have been stripped of my rank and exiled, thanks to my esteemed brother and his machinations."

Seri stepped out from behind Nevanlinna. "Hi, I'm Seri. So... you're another Threshling like Nev-Nev? Are you strong? Why can't I sense your power?"

Neva gritted her teeth. Luop, like most of her kind, certainly held no great love for Saiyans, so Seri's introduction might very well provoke him to attack. If that happened... she'd have to intervene.

Fighting against her own kind for the sake of a Saiyan. It truly had been an unusual year.

Just to note, Luop cannot be sensed while he is wearing his armor.

Also he is 7’1 and 500lbs in that thing.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Alas, I have not. She is under the care of the guardian of this world, and I am sure she will be along shortly. As will the other defenders of this world," said Nevanlinna. "And there is no need to refer to me as 'lady' anymore, given that I have been stripped of my rank and exiled, thanks to my esteemed brother and his machinations."

Seri stepped out from behind Nevanlinna. "Hi, I'm Seri. So... you're another Threshling like Nev-Nev? Are you strong? Why can't I sense your power?"

Neva gritted her teeth. Luop, like most of her kind, certainly held no great love for Saiyans, so Seri's introduction might very well provoke him to attack. If that happened... she'd have to intervene.

Fighting against her own kind for the sake of a Saiyan. It truly had been an unusual year.
    Luop nods to the Saiyan.

“I am strong. You cannot sense me because of my armor.”

He looks at Neva.

“Lasy Nevalinna, are you one of this planet’a defensers then?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "That's it! That's it! Where should Erosa be in a place like this?"

"We wouldn't be our real selves in here! We'll be stunted if we stay! That's not what you and I do -- we grow, we strive, we become better! And we help others, always!"

"That's it...! That's it...! Snap out of..."

Zaofan then clearly turns around, no mind to discreetness.

If Zaofan had a moment to state something, most assuredly it would be some reaction of surprise.

As it stood, the window and the wall around it disentigrated with the entry of a massive armored hand that closed around Zaofan and yanked him clear outside.

"UNREGISTERED FOREIGN SOUL DETECTED...Apprehension in Progress" A gravely voice was emitted loudly from the two story tall golem like creature, gripping the cook tightly in its energized hand. If the situation had not seemed bad enough, it took a nose dive as soon as another, slightly smaller golem also landed nearby.

"Unregistered foreign soul detected. Submit for processing."

Blow them, the other inhabitants stop what they are doing....watching the events silently.

Luop nods to the Saiyan.

He looks at Neva.

"..."

For a long moment, Nevanlinna held her tongue. Officially, she had just settled here because she had nowhere else to go. But... it was nice here. The climate was varied and mostly pleasant, the food was adequate, and the inhabitants were... tolerable. If this planet fell under the dominion of the Threshling Empire, she would have to leave.

At long last, she answered. "In an unofficial capacity, yes. I like it here--it's not home, of course, but I have nowhere else to go, and if this world falls under the dominion of the Empire, I'll have to find someplace else to live. And that sounds like such a bother." Her motives certainly weren't heroic, by any means, but they were what they were. Plus, in the past year, she'd arrived at the conclusion that forcefully conquering and converting worlds was wrong, no matter what the reason. For now, she left that little tidbit out.

"You'd best not underestimate this world's defenders, Luop. Individually, they pale in comparison to you, but they have a habit of overcoming the odds, in my experience."

Through all this, Seri remained silent. As a Saiyan, she could sense when a fight was brewing, and she remained taut and alert for when it began. She wondered if the other super-strong people she'd met a while back would arrive in time to join in, or whether it'd just be her and Nev-Nev.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 11-18-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Retired Overlord

Luop nods to the Saiyan.

He looks at Neva.

"......"

Luop would feel something....not a PL, just general feeling of something. Nothing with the intent to kill, but enough to raise the hair on ones back....assuming there was hair to be raised.

".....Hello Visitor...."

Cthyllas seductive but offputting voice came from behind the threshling warrior, Neva and Seri would see the Voidling step out of the air as if walking out from behind a curtain.

"......I heard your call.....and welcome you. Your purpose here interests me...and I wish to observe."