Page 215 of 782 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I'm sure Ishtar can keep her leveled for the time being.....and the room hasn't exploded yet, so there is that. Besides, you really shouldn't worry....Hurry or not, time is on my side." Etrina gave the saiyan a confident smile. There seemed not a bit of doubt in the young mages face.

"Thank you." Etrina turned and stepped towards the open pathway, pausing long enough to shift her head back. "Keep them out of trouble til I get back." Though she glanced in his direction, Ochazuke would get the impression Etrina wasn't talking to him in particular. A moment later, and she vanished into the mist.
    "I don't care one whit about Ishtar," Parsley responded curtly. She watched the girl enter the room, eyes narrowed in response to the confidence the girl brimmed with.

It was up to them to bring those idiots out in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    How passing strange, as Ishtar would say. Evangeline and Kai were reborn, somewhere in these swirling mists. But a creature lay within, something angry and confused. Something lost, and needing a guiding light. Asha'rah glowed as she floated into the mist, shining like the sun. Rays cut through where they could, lit up the mists where they could not, their light refracted a thousand-fold. Asha'rah's voice echoed through the chamber with a depth that belied her small frame.

"We come in peace, young one, merely to retrieve our own. Your anger is real and genuine No one likes to be left in confusion."

First validation. Then, an olive branch. She settled down, legs crossed in the lotus position, and breathed deep, her eyes closed.

"Focus on me. Just breathe with me a moment. Let your worries melt away. There's just you and me. Breathe."
    Yet another player entered the game and the room. Unlike the others, there was something different about this one. Observational Focus unlocked what secrets it could about this woman.

She carried herself much differently than anyone else. It wasn't confidence or pride, nor was it the high and mighty attitude Sarada tried to carry about herself since taking the crown. Parsley wasn't sure what it was, but it was more noticeable than anything else.

The rays of light cut through the mist like a knife through butter, and illuminated what they couldn't like a light house at sea. The woman's voice carried itself with more bass and depth than her size should have warranted. A small woman with a deep voice was nothing new – her own sister had a deeper voice than her size should have allowed – yet this woman's carried with it an authority that went beyond what was normal.

"Hm."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Between Meagan helping and Ochazuke making a path, Etrina gets in easily to the heart of the mists. Surprisingly, Asha’rah also enters and makes it fine.

The overall anger, confusion, and fear is....less now. More....docile.
    "Alright....Don't be afraid. I'm here to help you." Etrina spoke quietly as she began her spellcraft. A large runic spellcircle appeared under her feet as she began to channel her ki, both downwards into the framework at her feet and outwards to her extended arms.

"I want you to remember what you were." A Glyph appeared in her outstretched hand, a symbol for time. A circular disk surrounding her other hand.

"The you before the now....yes....that's right." In different parts of the room, blue orbs channeled a very similar energy to what Etrina was focusing.

"Keep that point fixed, and......return." Etrina turned her hand slowly, temporal magic flaring to life from multiple sources at once. With the point in front of her as the focus, she attempted to revert time for the cloud of mist as a whole...to gather and reform into what it had once been.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Sasheem is informed about a lotta things," The Majin began to explain. "HE realized that the destruction of the universe isn't achievable if one remains uninformed."

"Sasheem does not. However, he also has a problem with the Galaxy Patrol. Three problems, in fact, but that's of no importance to you," he stated looking up in the sky, almost as if he was expecting ships blaring sirens to come in at any minute. He looked back to Held. "But know this Nevadian, if there's any method you're using to avoid the GP, then Sasheem will appreciate it. So much so, in fact that he can transfer monetary compensation for such information. So much so, that when the time comes, Sasheem may spare your planet from destruction. For a while."

Sasheem wasn't particularly worried about too much of the Galactic Police proper. They had some serious firepower among their ranks, but if they called in those three if they combined their powers along with their bond with P-Sta...It could prove some trouble.
    OOC: The Nevadian Never Forgets.

IC:

Held laughed at the Majins humor. His laughter began to fade as it occurred to him that Sasheem took very few things more serious than destruction. "Oh dear.....I think I liked it better when you weren't so emotive."

I'll have to pay more attention to this guy in the future...He's actually far more of a concern now....

"Well...." Held paused, rubbing the back of his head as he reflected on his current plight with the Galaxy Police. "It helps if they think you're dead, for one....Although that's a hard trick to pull off."

I pretty much only avoided becoming space dust to Evangaline.

"It's also a good idea to keep a low profile, although I'm not sure that's ever really been your thing, has it? Even without your...." He paused, considering his words, "Distinctive, look, running around trying to destroy everything tends to get attention pretty quickly, you know? You should learn to be more discerning in your destructive tastes, if anything."

Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll listen and won't try anything too rash in the near future.

"Oh!" Held perked up, remembering the two largest issues that resulted in his appearing on the Galaxy Police Radar. "I'd probably recommend running in the other direction when you see them...."

If I had know P-Sta and Miras would have found me so interesting, I would have ran in the opposite direction the second I saw them.

"Although I don't think that works for you either. You seemed quite popular with them, when your name was mentioned, they practically perked up..."

Held shrugged.

"Well, I guess all I can tell you is if you ever plan to use a ship, it's a good idea to either use a fake name, or not file your flight plan....If I had realized they were so excited to see me, I could have saved myself a world of pain."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Alright....Don't be afraid. I'm here to help you." Etrina spoke quietly as she began her spellcraft. A large runic spellcircle appeared under her feet as she began to channel her ki, both downwards into the framework at her feet and outwards to her extended arms.

"I want you to remember what you were." A Glyph appeared in her outstretched hand, a symbol for time. A circular disk surrounding her other hand.

"The you before the now....yes....that's right." In different parts of the room, blue orbs channeled a very similar energy to what Etrina was focusing.

"Keep that point fixed, and......return." Etrina turned her hand slowly, temporal magic flaring to life from multiple sources at once. With the point in front of her as the focus, she attempted to revert time for the cloud of mist as a whole...to gather and reform into what it had once been.
    There was a twisting, a swirling in the fundamental fabric of what was. A fundamental aspect of reality, Asha'rah's reality, was being channeled in a different direction. Etrina was attempting to return the creature from whence it came. A reasonable solution, all things considered. The girl was so logical, in her tidy little way. Asha'rah was a little more...curious.

"I am Asha'rah. What is your name, young one?"

Assuming a creature's youth could perhaps be seen as unwarranted. Even as timeless as Asha'rah was, there were beings that pre-dated her. But age was, from a certain point of view, a matter of perspective.

Between Meagan helping and Ochazuke making a path, Etrina gets in easily to the heart of the mists. Surprisingly, Asha’rah also enters and makes it fine.

The overall anger, confusion, and fear is....less now. More....docile.
    Using the power of the Eye of Iris was beginning to put a a strain on Meagan, but she could sense that, in some small way, it was helping so she persisted. Clearing her mind of of her own emotions, she focused solely on those inside the room and on the mist that enshrouded them. She was confident in Etrina and Asha'rah's abilities. It would be enough for her, and Ochazuke, to provide support.

----------

Quietly, Cyanna had inched herself closer to Charco and watched what was going on.

-------

Outside on the Plaza, Dash stayed with Jinzi Pantaloon. It was alrady getting to crowded in there and there was not much she thought she could do to help.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

With a whump sound, the mists detract auddenly and form into a humanoid shape. Eresh, Nunlil, Sarada, Ishtar, Asha’rah, Etrina, and everyone else, free of the mists it able to see through them now, watch as the mists coalesce and then shatter, leaving this behind:

The girl floats down, then falls unconscious to the floor.

The RoSaT is nonfunctional right now, the endless expanse not present. Just a simple room with a building where most of them are standing. Whatever this stranger did broke the time dilation for the moment.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

As Ishtar sat, and felt the emotions of anger, confusion, and fear begin to slowly ebb, she also became aware that somewhere off in the distance, others had entered the room.

The Oni didn't have much time to ruminate on what that might mean for their current situation however, before the mist quickly receded and coalesced into a the shape of something vaguely 'human', only for the remainder of the churning mist to take on a queer permanence, and then all at once shatter.

The RoSaT is nonfunctional right now, the endless expanse not present. Just a simple room with a building where most of them are standing. Whatever this stranger did broke the time dilation for the moment.
    "How passing strange."

The Room was still broken, that much was obvious ... no doubt the result of the interloper, for one reason or another. Yet unconscious as she was, after floating to the floor it remained to see for what reason- or how- this confused young thing had found itself stripped of form, and shape, and had been cast into the endless white of the Room of Spirit and Time.

So after picking herself up, Ishtar slowly approached the woman. Before offering Eresh, a glance. Once at the unconscious person's side, the Oni sat again, and attempted to see if she might need healing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

With a whump sound, the mists detract auddenly and form into a humanoid shape. Eresh, Nunlil, Sarada, Ishtar, Asha’rah, Etrina, and everyone else, free of the mists it able to see through them now, watch as the mists coalesce and then shatter, leaving this behind:

Just when all seemed lost and Sarada had to accept the fact that her own bullheadedness was going to get her trapped inside an endless expanse for the rest of her life, the mist suddenly retracted. It coalesced into a humanoid form, then broke apart, leaving in its wake a woman laying on the ground motionless.

Sarada heaved out a sigh. Now that everything was clear, she could see that the Room of Spirit and Time wasn't as impressive as she thought it would be. Maybe it was broken, but she thought it would be bigger if they were supposed to spend an entire year in this place.

"There had better have been a good reason to cause all this goddamn trouble," she muttered irritably. She walked over to where the woman was laying, taking care to avoid looking toward the door. She could feel her sister's piercing green eyes watching her closely. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed her marching toward her. Oh, great. Now I have to listen to a vaguely lecture about not being stupid and running into a fight without first staring at it grimly for ten minutes. Bleh.

"You think she needs a healer?" she asked whoever else was also near the woman's body when she arrived. Probably so; if only so they could get some answers soon. The sooner this situation was resolved, the sooner they could get to relaxing, then training. She didn't want to prolong that any more than she had to. The only reason she didn't start today was because she had been flying through space for five days straight and was pretty tired.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Once again closing the Eye that was a mark of her position, Meagan placed a hand on her head as she leaned against the outer wall of the RoSat, her head throbbing from the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Just when all seemed lost and Sarada had to accept the fact that her own bullheadedness was going to get her trapped inside an endless expanse for the rest of her life, the mist suddenly retracted. It coalesced into a humanoid form, then broke apart, leaving in its wake a woman laying on the ground motionless.

Sarada heaved out a sigh. Now that everything was clear, she could see that the Room of Spirit and Time wasn't as impressive as she thought it would be. Maybe it was broken, but she thought it would be bigger if they were supposed to spend an entire year in this place.

"There had better have been a good reason to cause all this goddamn trouble," she muttered irritably. She walked over to where the woman was laying, taking care to avoid looking toward the door. She could feel her sister's piercing green eyes watching her closely. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed her marching toward her. Oh, great. Now I have to listen to a vaguely lecture about not being stupid and running into a fight without first staring at it grimly for ten minutes. Bleh.

"You think she needs a healer?" she asked whoever else was also near the woman's body when she arrived. Probably so; if only so they could get some answers soon. The sooner this situation was resolved, the sooner they could get to relaxing, then training. She didn't want to prolong that any more than she had to. The only reason she didn't start today was because she had been flying through space for five days straight and was pretty tired.
    Looking into the room, as soon as she realized the danger was over, Cyanna teleported over to Sarada, "Hey, Queen, are you okay? Who is she? I think she needs a doctor, or maybe a healing tank. Do we have one here? I can take her there if we do."

Kai leans over and touches the stranger’s forhead. A faint healing aura surrounds it.

“She’s unconscious, not injured. I’ll take her to a spare room to rest.”

Kai gently uses TK to lift her up and guide her into a spare room in the Lookout.

Meanwhile, Eresh skips over and hugs Ishtar. Nunlil, battered and still showing more than she should, simply shakes her head and goes to her room to change outfits.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

When Sarada appeared beside Ishtar, the Oni offered her love a smile, before sighing softly.

"We ... perhaps, should have waited. Yet it seems all is well, in the end."

The others arrived not soon after however, so any other comments would have to wait, in favor of dealing with the situation they now found themselves in.

Kai leans over and touches the stranger’s forhead. A faint healing aura surrounds it.

Kai gently uses TK to lift her up and guide her into a spare room in the Lookout.

Meanwhile, Eresh skips over and hugs Ishtar. Nunlil, battered and still showing more than she should, simply shakes her head and goes to her room to change outfits.
    A soft impact at Ishtar's side- Ereshkigal- shakes her focus on the unconscious woman, even as the Ronin Kai carries her away to rest, and recover. Wrapping her arm around the girl, then, Ishtar sighs and offers the young Oni a smile.

"Hello again, little one. It is good to see you again."

As for Nunlil, still exposed to the world then, and decidedly more battered than the situation implied, received a smile and a chuckle from Ishtar before she headed off to change.

Turning back to Eresh then, Ishtar frowned before then adding.

"I would speak with your ... companion, if she is yet around. To hear from her, what happened here in this Room of Spirit, and Time." The Oni was of course speaking about the godly spirit that had come to share Ereshkigal's form ... though whether or not this erstwhile Sister to Asha'rah would appear remained to be seen.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    When Sarada appeared beside Ishtar, the Oni offered her love a smile, before sighing softly.

"We ... perhaps, should have waited. Yet it seems all is well, in the end."

The others arrived not soon after however, so any other comments would have to wait, in favor of dealing with the situation they now found themselves in.

A soft impact at Ishtar's side- Ereshkigal- shakes her focus on the unconscious woman, even as the Ronin Kai carries her away to rest, and recover. Wrapping her arm around the girl, then, Ishtar sighs and offers the young Oni a smile.

"Hello again, little one. It is good to see you again."

As for Nunlil, still exposed to the world then, and decidedly more battered than the situation implied, received a smile and a chuckle from Ishtar before she headed off to change.

Turning back to Eresh then, Ishtar frowned before then adding.

"I would speak with your ... companion, if she is yet around. To hear from her, what happened here in this Room of Spirit, and Time." The Oni was of course speaking about the godly spirit that had come to share Ereshkigal's form ... though whether or not this erstwhile Sister to Asha'rah would appear remained to be seen.
    Eresh’s smile dropped just a bit, then her eyes change and her voice grows older.

“I linger for a few moments. What would you ask?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Eresh’s smile dropped just a bit, then her eyes change and her voice grows older.

“I linger for a few moments. What would you ask?”
    Ishtar offered the presence a nod, before considering quickly the first thing to ask.

"How did she come to be in this place. A sudden appearance, or the result of your tinkering ?"

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking into the room, as soon as she realized the danger was over, Cyanna teleported over to Sarada, "Hey, Queen, are you okay? Who is she? I think she needs a doctor, or maybe a healing tank. Do we have one here? I can take her there if we do."
    Sarada was slightly overwhelmed by the onslaught of questions from the Chromakai. She shook her head and answered the one she managed to catch. "I'm fine."

Healing was unnecessary for the woman; just a few hours rest would do her some good. She watched Kai float her into the air and depart for one of the spare rooms. Nunlil departed shortly after, thankfully, to find some more complete clothes to put one.

Sarada heaved out a sigh and watched the young Oni girl wrap her arms around Ishtar. A soft smile touched her lips. "Idiot."

The decrying remarked killed any levity Sarada may have been feeling. "

"You could have been seriously hurt or worse. Why would you just barge into an unknown situation against an unknown assailant without first assessing the situation? Are you that dense? Are you so impulsive that you would throw your own health and the well-being of your empire just for a good fight? Again?What would we do if that woman had been more hostile than she proved to be? What if she killed you? What would the rest of us do if our young Queen had gotten herself murdered for no discernible reason? Gah! I can hardly believe we're even related. It's like I inherited all the common sense and left you with all the stupidity. Next time, wait for me to analyze what's happening before you rush off and get yourself in trouble. Understand?"

Sarada's teeth her gritted together. Parsley had some nerve dressing her down like this. Where the hell did she get off doting over her like she gave a **** about her welfare? If anything, she was probably hoping she got hurt so she could make a case to inherit the throne. "Stop pretending you care about me," she growled.

It was brief, so brief that Sarada could pretend she never saw it, but a look of hurt flashed across her sister's expression before she reset it back to neutral. "Tch. You really are this stupid. I weep for our race. Perhaps the Keebler Elf was right and we'll all be extinct shortly, so I suppose none of this matters."

"No, we won't be. We'll be just fine." Like hell she was going to fail and prove not only that bitch elf but also her bitch sister right. No way.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!