Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Enterprise vs. Thor

Deep space. Picard Era Enterprise. 616 Classic Thor with Mjolnir.

They start 10,000 kilometers away from one another.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

It seems like he should just fly over and one shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It seems like he should just fly over and one shot it.
    I'm not really a trek guy, but as I understand it, the Enterprise has some class 100 stuff. Hopefully someone can clarify!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm not really a trek guy, but as I understand it, the Enterprise has some class 100 stuff. Hopefully someone can clarify!
    Eeeeehhhhhh…. by what standard, I'd wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Eeeeehhhhhh…. by what standard, I'd wonder.
    I haven't seen the episodes, but some digging suggests it can shake continents with its tractor beam, as a start.

Im still looking for defense stuff as thats probably going to be a BIG problem if they can't slow him down.
    - big_adventure

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The enterprise seems to break pretty easy

I'm a Trekkie, but Thor wins 10/10. He's too durable, strong with too many esoteric abilities for the Enterprise to handle.

I don't believe that Thor is quick enough to evade phaser blasts from the Enterprise, though he could probably dodge photon torpedoes. So we could compare damage feats for the phaser array with toughness feats for Thor. Likewise, I don't think that the Enterprise will be able to evade a thrown Mjolnir, at least not from a dead stop at the start of this scenario. So we could also compare damage feats for Mjolnir versus shield feats for the Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I don't believe that Thor is quick enough to evade phaser blasts from the Enterprise, though he could probably dodge photon torpedoes. So we could compare damage feats for the phaser array with toughness feats for Thor. Likewise, I don't think that the Enterprise will be able to evade a thrown Mjolnir, at least not from a dead stop at the start of this scenario. So we could also compare damage feats for Mjolnir versus shield feats for the Enterprise.
    With Thor's durability and the esoteric abilities he can pull out I'm sure he wins this 10/10. He could have some way to drain the energy from the shields I can't recall or dump the enterprise in a star. A Quibble though: Photons are regularly fired at Warp Speeds and still hit their targets so I don't think Thor could dodge them, but I don't expect any to be fired as in the time it takes enough buttons to be pressed Thor's going to have spun up Mjolnir and unleashed something.

BANNED

Did Thor ever fight World Breaker Hulk? If Thor so much as stunned him, the Enterprise's shields are going to fail pretty much instantly.

I'm reminded of the Gladiator scene from the X-men/Star trek crossover.

"Did he just punch my ship?"

"Aye, laddie and he damaged the shields too"

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    With Thor's durability and the esoteric abilities he can pull out I'm sure he wins this 10/10. He could have some way to drain the energy from the shields I can't recall or dump the enterprise in a star. A Quibble though: Photons are regularly fired at Warp Speeds and still hit their targets so I don't think Thor could dodge them, but I don't expect any to be fired as in the time it takes enough buttons to be pressed Thor's going to have spun up Mjolnir and unleashed something.
    How fast is Impulse flight? I would imagine the range + scanners would be a bonus if they have decent speed.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Did Thor ever fight World Breaker Hulk? If Thor so much as stunned him, the Enterprise's shields are going to fail pretty much instantly.
    They never fought.
    - big_adventure

Swiss army nerd

Wouldn't the Enterprise just beam him up but keep him in the transport buffer, then dump his pattern or whatever? Don't even get in the fight, just beam him apart. 10,000km is within transporter range, I think, and they've beamed stuff moving faster than Thor. Unless of course Thor has feats for resisting that stuff. Which he may well have.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Wouldn't the Enterprise just beam him up but keep him in the transport buffer, then dump his pattern or whatever? Don't even get in the fight, just beam him apart. 10,000km is within transporter range, I think, and they've beamed stuff moving faster than Thor. Unless of course Thor has feats for resisting that stuff. Which he may well have.
    Faster moving stuff than Thor? Thor flies MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than the Enterprise in space. Dude crosses the universe towed by his hammer, in the space of some panels. His travel speed is stupidly immense.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Faster moving stuff than Thor? Thor flies MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than the Enterprise in space. Dude crosses the universe towed by his hammer, in the space of some panels. His travel speed is stupidly immense.
    Oh, wow, I had no idea Thor had such good travel speed. He should be fine then. Unless it's Mjolnir travel speed has has to "activate", then its a quickdraw with him and, say, Data on the transporters.