Page 280 of 782 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380780 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As the others either spoke among themselves or explored this bunker that they all found themselves in, Sarada found herself outside standing at the lip of the crystal clear lake Wilhelm took painstaking lengths to create. The others were concerned about whether they would return to their home universe and their home world. The same was very true for her, but the urgency she felt to do so was far greater. The others didn't have to worry about an empty throne and subjects who were always under threat from races that had been pushed to the brink of extinction. They needed their Queen to protect them, and Sarada just couldn't do that from here. Every second that ticked by one by one was another second that she was absent, another second they were vulnerable, and another second closer to them being wiped out.

I wish I had never taken the throne.

She had done so so Parsley couldn't. Now that that particular threat seemed to be a thing of the past, the ramifications of her ascending to royalty were coming to the fore one after the other. Every threat fell upon her to neutralize. Every time she was absent, there was a chance she may not come back.

It seemed that every time she went to Earth, something went wrong that tore her attention from her own world. It seemed that every time she went to Earth, she went missing for an extended period of time. Before, there was no real issue with that; now, that was unacceptable.

I think it's time to forget about Earth and worry about my own worlds. I have more than I can handle on my plate right now. I can't add on their worries, too.

It was a sound, reasonable conclusion. Earth had recently found itself the site of conflict after conflict; and while she relished in the chance to help out another world, it just wasn't feasible now. Vocado, Turrip, Langal, Ruco, Pepa, and even Callion required her full attention. She had an empire to run, and doing so left no time to run to another world to help solve their problems. The others were plenty strong enough to handle any invasion or threat without her. If not, well, she'd have to send someone else in her stead.

Which reminds me, Ishtar, Tasure, and I need to whip the army into shape. They'll need to be a lot stronger if they're going to pull their own weight.

She wanted to send Saiyans across the stars to help out, but that wasn't possible if they weren't as strong as she knew they could be. It meant a complete overhaul on their training philosophy and combat tactics. It also meant incorporating other things into their warfare that they previously thought they had no use for, such as weaponry and... and even magic. At the very least healing magic to trigger zenkais. Maybe cloaking spells and teleportation spells. It was a lot to think about.

At the very least, they needed to train the strongest ones to use the Hitozaru form. While it was a vulnerable form, it turned the tide of any battle in their favor almost instantly. Plus, it was much more practical than the Oozaru form. It has to start with me. Everyone has to see me willing to make these changes. If I don't, no one else will. That meant she was going to have to be serious about learning magic from Ishtar, and incorporating weaponry into her fighting style. She already had with her knives, but perhaps guns were also a thing she could use.

"But, guns are so primitive."
    "Less primitive than punching your enemy in the face, your highness," came the familiar voice of Nevanlinna from behind her. Having decided she needed some fresh air, she had taken a break from her... tomb raiding and ventured outside, only to find the new Saiyan queen deep in thought. "Your sister happened upon the schematics to a most... interesting piece of weaponry, but I am afraid one of that Earthling mage's foci saw fit to deny it to both the saiyans and my people."

"A shame, I could have used such weapon in this... power play my brother--my full brother, not half-brother--seems to have launched. Instead, now the matter shall be far, far more bloody than I would wish." She sighed heavily, shaking her head. "Hm, so, judging from your pensive mien, I gather the weight of your newly gained station has truly begun to dawn upon you? Good."

The 'good' wasn't said out of spite or sarcasm, but a genuine appreciation that the new queen was beginning to truly take her duties seriously. Her people were still doomed, of course, but at least their queen was quickly shaping up before the end. "However, if you are worrying about your people during your absence... don't. I would assume you chose the best and most trustworthy of your people to serve as your inner circle. Provided you had the foresight to do so, they will be able to keep things together in your stead."

Perhaps it was sympathy for a fellow royal or... some small measure of respect gained for the girl from watching her stand against Jagam and Anula, but for whatever reason she felt the need to offer... encouragement, right now, rather than her usual disdain and vitriol.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wilhelm stiffly nods and hands the broken data pad over.
    "Thankfully only a short time as past...so this should be relative childsplay." Etrina examined the pieces to the datapad, then left them drift up into the air, forming a bubble around them. "Lets see.....15 minutes should suffice."

Once fully materialized, Etrina began reversing the condition of the datapad. First the two-halves knitted back together, each impact reversed in the order they had happened before finally the hole made from the initial shard was gone.

The bubble popped and the datapad landed in Etrinas hand, as good as it was before Parsley had found it. "And there you have it."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It was a delightfully pleasant surprise to witness that petulant little fly be taught a lesson in humility and respect by her mistress. Even more so that said mistress thought that she, Parsley, was a proper conduit through which her slave would learn.

"I accept this weighty responsibility," she answered. "This... adorable... little.... child and I will have many good times together. Won't we?" To coax an answer from the insect, Parsley closed her fist and squeezed down on her softly.

"I'll treat her as a Saiyan care-nurse would a child given into her care."
    Etrina raised a eyebrow. "Seeing as I'm unfamiliar with Saiyan nursing...I'll take that to mean she is in good hands, or at the very least sufficiently strict hands."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Etrina raised a eyebrow. "Seeing as I'm unfamiliar with Saiyan nursing...I'll take that to mean she is in good hands, or at the very least sufficiently strict hands."
    "Yes. I'll treat her as well as my own nurse treated me," she replied, recalling fondly that time when Maiz punched her into a mountain when she was six.

Good times.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Thankfully only a short time as past...so this should be relative childsplay." Etrina examined the pieces to the datapad, then left them drift up into the air, forming a bubble around them. "Lets see.....15 minutes should suffice."

Once fully materialized, Etrina began reversing the condition of the datapad. First the two-halves knitted back together, each impact reversed in the order they had happened before finally the hole made from the initial shard was gone.

The bubble popped and the datapad landed in Etrinas hand, as good as it was before Parsley had found it. "And there you have it."
    As the device fell to her grasp, a faint breeze swept over the stale air of the bunker, swaying delicately the film of dust, animating any loose hanging articles about Wilhelm's living space. It swirled briefly above Etrina's head, then all stilled.

Ochazuke stood opposite across the room, two fingers outstretched before him as he glared silently at Etrina. Though he certainly did not think any less of her magician's prowess, the warning of the Host was still near to his mind:

Dangerous. No ki. No magic. Makes...sounds...that draw things in.
    So wary that even a trifling effort could sound echoes in this still, dead land, he took a precaution to cede and snuff out any whispers of energy with a subdued Kongosho.

Ochazuke pressed one finger to his lips in warning, then resumed examining the history of The First's encounter on Terra.
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-16-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After a while, she found herself laying down on the roof and staring up at the strange, unfamiliar sky, hands behind her head. It wasn't that she wasn't interetsed in this world, or the secrets it may hold. It was just that she was worried about her own world.

It wasn't hard to work out why they were jettisoned like space trash. Without there there, the Earth was left vulnerable. Perhaps not entirely vulnerable, but more than before.

She wondered of Earth could end up like this world? So many threats all fighting over whatever perceived or real treasures it might possess. "The Damn thing is," Dash thought to herself, "All they gotta do is ask. It's not like the Earth's against sharing." She wondered if that was what happened here. Too much fighting, not enough sharing.
    Time passed, but how fast or how slow Dash could not tell. All she knew was that she couldn't hide up here any longer. Standing up and stretching, she then moved towards the edge, looked down, then jumped off. It's wasn't flight, technically, but she did use her Ki to slow her downward momentum enough to touch down gently.

Seeing the entrance just a few feet from where she landed, she walked slowly towards it, her hand occasionally brushing the side of the building as she did.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Less primitive than punching your enemy in the face, your highness," came the familiar voice of Nevanlinna from behind her. Having decided she needed some fresh air, she had taken a break from her... tomb raiding and ventured outside, only to find the new Saiyan queen deep in thought. "Your sister happened upon the schematics to a most... interesting piece of weaponry, but I am afraid one of that Earthling mage's foci saw fit to deny it to both the saiyans and my people."

"A shame, I could have used such weapon in this... power play my brother--my full brother, not half-brother--seems to have launched. Instead, now the matter shall be far, far more bloody than I would wish." She sighed heavily, shaking her head. "Hm, so, judging from your pensive mien, I gather the weight of your newly gained station has truly begun to dawn upon you? Good."

The 'good' wasn't said out of spite or sarcasm, but a genuine appreciation that the new queen was beginning to truly take her duties seriously. Her people were still doomed, of course, but at least their queen was quickly shaping up before the end. "However, if you are worrying about your people during your absence... don't. I would assume you chose the best and most trustworthy of your people to serve as your inner circle. Provided you had the foresight to do so, they will be able to keep things together in your stead."

Perhaps it was sympathy for a fellow royal or... some small measure of respect gained for the girl from watching her stand against Jagam and Anula, but for whatever reason she felt the need to offer... encouragement, right now, rather than her usual disdain and vitriol.
    Ugh. Kami, what does she want?

Sarada resisted the urge to roll her eyes when the Threshling princess made her presence known from behind her. Her thoughts interrupted for the time being, she turned around to face her company.

She decided not to respond to the jab at Saiyan combat tactics -- she had already deemed it necessary to update them just moments ago, after all -- and instead chose to focus on the... genuine approval Nevanlinna showed when it seemed very evident that Sarada had finally realized the full weight the medallion around her neck carried. It was strange, not hearing snide, vitriolic remarks being thrown at her. It wasn't nice either -- frankly, the Threshling could keep her comments to herself -- but at least she was being nice.

"I finally realize that I can't afford to worry about another world's issues. Not when I have six to worry about." And those six had individual problems that required individual solutions. And while she had advisers from all but one of those worlds, the responsibility still fell upon her and her alone. "Meaning that whatever else befalls Earth in the future, the others will have to handle it. I can't afford to go missing for extended periods of time anymore."

It had happened four times in the last year. That was fine before, but it wouldn't and shouldn't have been tolerated now that she was Queen. Even if she wasn't ruling the empire alone, she needed to be there to keep the masses calm and in order. Not to mention safe.

"I have a council on Vocado that can rule in my stead. It's the entire reason I was able to find time to fight Jagam. I'm not worried about things being in order; I'm worried about their safety. I'm the strongest Saiyan alive, and there is a very long list of people who would love nothing more than to see us all wiped out for what we've done. With me gone, the only ones capable of protecting all six worlds are the council and Tasure. I don't know about Tasure, but the council are all a lot weaker than I am. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm stronger than all of them combined, or close to it. I need to be there in case something happens."

At the mention of her sister finding and showing interest in a particular weapon, she raised an eyebrow. "I had been thinking about incorporating long-range weaponry into my army. I'll have a look at it. ...Or, I would, anyway." She didn't know what a "foci" was, but it sounded like something to do with Etrina. How annoying.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Standing up, Meagan walks over to him, "There is a chance that, once the spell is completed that would take us back, it would be strong enough to take this whole building back as well. If we can not revive her here, there are those on the world we came from who would know how. If you came with us, you could at least have a chance to stand face to face with the sleeping Princess you have so long protected. In addition, the memories of your world would be preserved. It's small comfort, but perhaps others can learn from what your people have experienced."
    “That.....that is much. Much more than I had hoped for. Thank you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    He swiped through Terra's history of violence and where they stretched eons before even their host's time, and where rugged finger fell and carved a repeated trench over the dusted surface over and over, Ochazuke could only hold silent disgust within the twisting hollow before his throat. In this reality or ours, it doesn't matter. It is the same story.

What did it mean to possess power?

Over and over again, the desires of vain Celestial ones fell to Terra, as they had Earth, in search of empty conflict. Exalted, ancient, and wise, they struck out at worlds that wished them no quarrel; instead of a guiding hand, heaven above offered only a heel to grind them into the dirt and render the deed in blood.

How many? Countless worlds, peoples, entire histories were struck out of the pages of memory by the violent hand of those so-professed enlightened ones. In terms of might there could be little doubt, for it showed itself several times in their forms; Saiyan, Arcosian, and Threshling, each who sought to transcend the shape of their mortal limits remained yet bound.

Bound by fear. Lashed to hatred. Even with nothing to oppose them, their course was still gated by an urging for savagery and violence.

What was the purpose of such strength? Wilhelm had described the outside Terra as the results of a sickness, the very font of the power that saved this planet the same which drove it mad. Was this merely the folly of mortal affectations that those who possessed power could see no other use for it but lashing out at others?

Strength cannot exist in the mind without Weakness to validate it, he thought. So much as Disease cannot exist without a body to infect.

Saiyan. Arcosian. Threshling. Human. Parasite. What was the connection? How did the Threshling spell open the magically gated path here?

At last he came to the digital record of the people known only as The First. Perhaps in this history, there would be some answer to be found before these ones, too, came out from hiding. Or perhaps, there in the rotting boneyard, they had in a morbid sense met already.
    The First Race, undeniably old and powerful. Strange sleek silver ships, sky-riders that split the air and maneuvered far faster and smoother than should be possible. Strange technological weapons, spheres that spat pure condensed solar energy and even miniature black holes. Arcane objects of their past hooked up to amplifiers that split the sky and earth, transformed them into great and terrible beasts of epic proportions. War machines small and large filling the sky, portals and fold-space again and again appearing.

The creatures themselves were never seen. Only pure black flight suits or war armours are depicted.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Wilhelm gently takes it back and puts it away properly, thanking her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“That.....that is much. Much more than I had hoped for. Thank you.”
    With a slight nod, Meagan looked over to where the others were gathering, then sighed slightly, "Now comes the hard part." Turning back to him, "Let me speak with our resident supernatural specialist about this first before any promises can be made."

With that, she excused herself to find Isthar.

“I do...know a place. Where great Magic’s were once worked. An arcane foci not far from here. It is unused, quiet. It might help if a spell was worked there. More...power, there.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“I do...know a place. Where great Magic’s were once worked. An arcane foci not far from here. It is unused, quiet. It might help if a spell was worked there. More...power, there.”
    Meagan paused and turned back, "That could help, though if the spell is cast there I do not know if it would reach as far as this building. Magic is not my strongest suit." Seeing Isthar talking with the others, Meagan calls to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar blinks.

"Who are you, again ?" There certainly was a considerable amount of individuals coming out of the trees anymore. That strange liquid metal child, Etrina's Foci. Whoever this was ... almost too many to keep track of.

Ishtar appraises the two tiny Etrina a moment before nodding.

"I suppose something of worth came from that ... venture, then. Beyond the game of cat and mouse, I suppose." Though it had certainly been a pleasant reversal of roles in the end, the role the Oni played determining the outcome -- or at the very least postponing it. Though there was one question of more importance in the moment. "How does Zaofan feel about having to deal with five Etrina ?"
    "Isthar, there may be a way to make the spell work without the need for so much blood."

Standing up, Meagan walks over to him, "There is a chance that, once the spell is completed that would take us back, it would be strong enough to take this whole building back as well. If we can not revive her here, there are those on the world we came from who would know how. If you came with us, you could at least have a chance to stand face to face with the sleeping Princess you have so long protected. In addition, the memories of your world would be preserved. It's small comfort, but perhaps others can learn from what your people have experienced."
    Ishtar looked up from her studies.

Teleporting two more souls -- That of Wilhelm, and the child in stasis -- would not be a problem, an entire complex along with everything inside ? There was no telling exactly how much blood such an effort would require ... to say nothing of the foci, and time. In a way the Oni could understand that Meagan was simply offering to help, and yet ...

"Please do not speak for me, in such matters. Especially when what you speak to is in no way a guarantee."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The First Race, undeniably old and powerful. Strange sleek silver ships, sky-riders that split the air and maneuvered far faster and smoother than should be possible. Strange technological weapons, spheres that spat pure condensed solar energy and even miniature black holes. Arcane objects of their past hooked up to amplifiers that split the sky and earth, transformed them into great and terrible beasts of epic proportions. War machines small and large filling the sky, portals and fold-space again and again appearing.

The creatures themselves were never seen. Only pure black flight suits or war armours are depicted.
    He commit the shape and form of that unseen enemy to memory. Despite their advancement, the simplicity in the iconography of these First Ones caused Ochazuke's eyes to narrow.

The power to swallow suns and divide space, to unmake and recreate reality with thunderous cataclysm. Such a godly display of power supplemented by machines of war, whose great shadowy archetypal shapes were as much alien in their construction as they were, somehow, intuitively familiar in their fearful symmetry, dark designs held within their acme of perfect, archetypal geometry.

Above all else, there was something else about these engineers which, desipite their facelessness, Ochazuke noted in particular; that common shape that seemed to permeate all in the universe.

Continuing on, he sought further answers. Who they were remained a mystery, but perhaps the text could reveal something about how they were connected, to Terra, to the Cairn, and perhaps the Threshling.
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.