Page 113 of 291 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4351
  1. #1681
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    14,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ishtar agreed, with only one caveat: that Sarada not hold back. She was too use her full strength against Ishtar. Sarada had some reservations about that. While she was more than willing to go all-out, she was afraid that Ishtar would be unable to handle the combination of half her Oozaru power -- which was what she found she could use while in Hitozaru form -- plus Anaxam. When she thought about it and did the math in her head, she estimated that her power level would be around 112K; much, much more powerful than anyone they had face. It was damn near as strong as Kenbo. More than powerful enough to kill Ishtar with a single blow.

    She was hesitant to accept that condition, yet, she knew that it was for both their good if she did. Regardless of the outcome, she promised to help her love reach the lofty, heavenly heights she needed to in order to be able to accept her role as God of Destruction. She never broke a promise when she could help it, and this was no different. If that meant nearly killing her, then so be it.

    "Fine," she answered with a single nod. "I'll be nearly as powerful as Kenbo if I don't hold back. Actually, I'll probably be stronger by the time our spar happens."
    Ishtar nodded weakly, at the response.

    Nearly as strong as Kenbo. The machine who, with two fluid actions had first paralyzed all those who stood within its eye-line; and had severed the arm her kin ... her better. For Sarada to be that strong, stronger even that had been assumed, the final nail in the coffin that was Ishtar's former understanding of life, the universe, and her place in it was hammered in.

    And in thinking on it a moment, as much as it pained the golden-eyed Oni to do so ... she realized in a way that perhaps that was for the best.

    After all ... one could only wonder at the true reason for the demise of her other self. What had been glimpsed was as vague as the potent offered by Eresh only moments before. Yet for one reason or another, this seemed a possible contributing factor. That this series of events, besides- being abducted, and coming across two vastly more powerful entities- had happened in that other when, seemed unlikely as well. So, it seemed plausible that her other self had continued on without realizing just how weak she was, as painfully as she needed to; and as a result such leading to not taking the required steps to rectify it: leading to the death that had been spoken of by the alternate Jinzi Pantaloon.

    Sure, such was merely speculation in the end ... and yet it made sense.

    Even acknowledging that the alternate timeline version of herself was lacking in the Sij, the ... Hakai; it was just as like that she had grown complacent. As many years as she had spent in isolation, and with her inability to gauge anything more than the energy resisting within another- and not the level of it beyond its feel- it was no surprise then, that she had fallen ... and yet Sarada had died along with her. Yet with this agreement to terms- to not hold back despite being so much terribly, painfully stronger- it was a reality that would not come to pass, for either of them.

    Or at the least, Ishtar hoped not.

    "It does not matter how powerful you are, when we spar. It only matters that we spar, and train; and continue to do so until I am strong enough, yes ?" The golden-eyed Oni finally stated; her intention as clear as the emotions behind them.

    "I would rather you beat me most of the way to death, so that I can grow as strong as I need to be ... than suffer to pass the future where we die."
    "I am Galactus ! I do what I do !"

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  2. #1682
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,887

    Default

    One breathe.

    Two.

    Three.

    Swooping across the sky, Miras Thane and her fellows flew high in ship or by their own power, arcing across the sky to strike down upon the Colossus from the highest levels of the firmament.

    Her skin began to crystallize as she fell upon the shielded behemoth of a Cruiser, her form glinting in the dull light as her Thoran Shift Form manifested, her body erupting into a dazzling diamond display. Her powerlevel shoots high, doubles and more, her form faster, as the temporary boost flows through her. She slams into the layered shielding with a sound of thunder and power, a shockwave rippling from the blow in all directions. Her form plows through the first shield, then the second and third and fourth, the entire thing shattering as she then strikes the hull. Wrenching apart a massive rent in the side, she screams out with effort, her form shuddering as the Shift begins to retract.

    ďEveryone going inside, go! I canít hold it forever!Ē

    Ochazuke, Chuan, Jack, and some of the stronger Chromaki that came with take positions throughout the city wreckage to cover Miras, already engaging troops outside the ship. Tran and Tron swing by in the ship and start lighting the outside Nagadarr forces up.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #1683
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Swooping across the sky, Miras Thane and her fellows flew high in ship or by their own power, arcing across the sky to strike down upon the Colossus from the highest levels of the firmament.

    Her skin began to crystallize as she fell upon the shielded behemoth of a Cruiser, her form glinting in the dull light as her Thoran Shift Form manifested, her body erupting into a dazzling diamond display. Her powerlevel shoots high, doubles and more, her form faster, as the temporary boost flows through her.
    Oh my sweet Kami, Zaofan thinks to himself. THAT's her power?! I feel so much stronger than when we first faced her in the compound, and she's -- incredible! We never stood a chance in that sparring session! Suddenly I don't feel so bad being eliminated so quickly. I'm certainly glad she's one of the good ones...!

    She slams into the layered shielding with a sound of thunder and power, a shockwave rippling from the blow in all directions. Her form plows through the first shield, then the second and third and fourth, the entire thing shattering as she then strikes the hull. Wrenching apart a massive rent in the side, she screams out with effort, her form shuddering as the Shift begins to retract.

    “Everyone going inside, go! I can’t hold it forever!”

    Ochazuke, Chuan, Jack, and some of the stronger Chromaki that came with take positions throughout the city wreckage to cover Miras, already engaging troops outside the ship. Tran and Tron swing by in the ship and start lighting the outside Nagadarr forces up.
    Zaofan quickly follows Miras' orders, zooming through at best speed. Despite the hurry and the urgency, Zaofan makes sure to give a two-finger salute to Ochazuke, Chuan, and Jack as they do their jobs.

    His arms stretched behind him as he streaks through the air, Zaofan makes it through the giant hull breach, blurring through, landing in a crouched position, and firing: RUBY TAIYOKEN! The ruby solar flare fires fiercely in front of him with the intensity of a supernova; any Nagadarr welcoming committees must surely be blinded by the blast.

  4. #1684
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    10,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar nodded weakly, at the response.

    Nearly as strong as Kenbo. The machine who, with two fluid actions had first paralyzed all those who stood within its eye-line; and had severed the arm her kin ... her better. For Sarada to be that strong, stronger even that had been assumed, the final nail in the coffin that was Ishtar's former understanding of life, the universe, and her place in it was hammered in.

    And in thinking on it a moment, as much as it pained the golden-eyed Oni to do so ... she realized in a way that perhaps that was for the best.

    After all ... one could only wonder at the true reason for the demise of her other self. What had been glimpsed was as vague as the potent offered by Eresh only moments before. Yet for one reason or another, this seemed a possible contributing factor. That this series of events, besides- being abducted, and coming across two vastly more powerful entities- had happened in that other when, seemed unlikely as well. So, it seemed plausible that her other self had continued on without realizing just how weak she was, as painfully as she needed to; and as a result such leading to not taking the required steps to rectify it: leading to the death that had been spoken of by the alternate Jinzi Pantaloon.

    Sure, such was merely speculation in the end ... and yet it made sense.

    Even acknowledging that the alternate timeline version of herself was lacking in the Sij, the ... Hakai; it was just as like that she had grown complacent. As many years as she had spent in isolation, and with her inability to gauge anything more than the energy resisting within another- and not the level of it beyond its feel- it was no surprise then, that she had fallen ... and yet Sarada had died along with her. Yet with this agreement to terms- to not hold back despite being so much terribly, painfully stronger- it was a reality that would not come to pass, for either of them.

    Or at the least, Ishtar hoped not.

    "It does not matter how powerful you are, when we spar. It only matters that we spar, and train; and continue to do so until I am strong enough, yes ?" The golden-eyed Oni finally stated; her intention as clear as the emotions behind them.

    "I would rather you beat me most of the way to death, so that I can grow as strong as I need to be ... than suffer to pass the future where we die."
    With that, Ishtar's resolve was made known. Regardless of the potential gap in power between them, and the likely result of their future spars -- that being Sarada beating her to within an inch of her life -- all that mattered to the Oni was that she face someone stronger than her, so that she could learn, and grow. It was a resolve Sarada could not help but respect and admire. To face her insecurities head-on instead of shrinking away or ignoring them, and to turn her weakness into a learning experience from which strength could blossom, was the stuff true warriors were made of.

    With a proud smile, Sarada nodded. "Then, I'd be happy to be the shit out of you. As many times as it takes until you can return the favor. Then, we'll rinse and repeat until we're both goddesses."
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

    DBM | Sarada

  5. #1685
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    10,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    One breathe.

    Two.

    Three.

    Swooping across the sky, Miras Thane and her fellows flew high in ship or by their own power, arcing across the sky to strike down upon the Colossus from the highest levels of the firmament.

    Her skin began to crystallize as she fell upon the shielded behemoth of a Cruiser, her form glinting in the dull light as her Thoran Shift Form manifested, her body erupting into a dazzling diamond display. Her powerlevel shoots high, doubles and more, her form faster, as the temporary boost flows through her. She slams into the layered shielding with a sound of thunder and power, a shockwave rippling from the blow in all directions. Her form plows through the first shield, then the second and third and fourth, the entire thing shattering as she then strikes the hull. Wrenching apart a massive rent in the side, she screams out with effort, her form shuddering as the Shift begins to retract.

    “Everyone going inside, go! I can’t hold it forever!”

    Ochazuke, Chuan, Jack, and some of the stronger Chromaki that came with take positions throughout the city wreckage to cover Miras, already engaging troops outside the ship. Tran and Tron swing by in the ship and start lighting the outside Nagadarr forces up.
    Sarada chuckled, her heart starting to pound as the battle began with a flourish. Miras' power more than doubled as her new technique manifested itself. With a mighty bellow, she tore through the ship's four shields, offering Sarada and the others the opening they needed to infiltrate the ship. After offering Jack, Ochazuke, and Chuan a salute and a silent wish for good luck, the Saiyan circled around the outside of the ship. Her hands became aglow with scarlet red ki.

    "Time to bust some heads." She grinned and lunged at the nearest Nagadarr, fists flying in a furiously ferocious frenzy with the aim to tear them apart limb from limb. When she was done, she moved on to the next nearest one, then next one after that. If their attention was focused on her, that was fine. She still had 25% of her Oozaru power to play with, plus Anaxam. There was no way these fucks were going to overwhelm her, not with the others fighting alongside her.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-12-2018 at 04:42 AM.
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

    DBM | Sarada

  6. #1686
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada chuckled, her heart starting to pound as the battle began with a flourish. Miras' power more than doubled as her new technique manifested itself. With a mighty bellow, she tore through the ship's four shields, offering Sarada and the others the opening they needed to infiltrate the ship. After offering Jack, Ochazuke, and Chuan a salute and a silent wish for good luck, the Saiyan followed the others inside the ship. Her hands became aglow with scarlet red ki.

    "Time to bust some heads." She grinned and lunged at the nearest Nagadarr, fists flying in a furiously ferocious frenzy with the aim to tear them apart limb from limb. When she was done, she moved on to the next nearest one, then next one after that. If their attention was focused on her, that was fine. She still had 25% of her Oozaru power to play with, plus Anaxam. There was no way these fucks were going to overwhelm her, not with the others fighting alongside her.
    Zaofan jumps into the fray. Jump kick, axe kick, corkscrew kick-dodge-into-split kick, dodge again, barrel-roll-into-scissor-kick, downward kick on a poor mook's head to propel himself straight up, only to rocket straight down with a PRESSURE KICK, erupting a shockwave upon impact that tosses a group of soldiers off their feet.

    Seeing Sarada get further and further ahead, Zaofan then fires a series of RICOCHET OPTIC BLASTS, the beams bouncing from head-to-head-to-head to help him clear the way as he continues running forward.

    As worried as our heroes may have been about Meagan charging in head first, keeping up with Sarada's pace is itself a struggle. And it's a challenge that makes Zaofan smile just a bit.

  7. #1687
    Astonishing Member Lord Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    One breathe.

    Two.

    Three.

    Swooping across the sky, Miras Thane and her fellows flew high in ship or by their own power, arcing across the sky to strike down upon the Colossus from the highest levels of the firmament.

    Her skin began to crystallize as she fell upon the shielded behemoth of a Cruiser, her form glinting in the dull light as her Thoran Shift Form manifested, her body erupting into a dazzling diamond display. Her powerlevel shoots high, doubles and more, her form faster, as the temporary boost flows through her. She slams into the layered shielding with a sound of thunder and power, a shockwave rippling from the blow in all directions. Her form plows through the first shield, then the second and third and fourth, the entire thing shattering as she then strikes the hull. Wrenching apart a massive rent in the side, she screams out with effort, her form shuddering as the Shift begins to retract.

    ďEveryone going inside, go! I canít hold it forever!Ē

    Ochazuke, Chuan, Jack, and some of the stronger Chromaki that came with take positions throughout the city wreckage to cover Miras, already engaging troops outside the ship. Tran and Tron swing by in the ship and start lighting the outside Nagadarr forces up.
    Asha'rah kept silent, refraining from directing any attention in the direction of the infiltration team. She shrouded Meagan, Etrina and the rest of the infiltration team, making them appear to be naught but dust kicked up from Miras's hard-hitting entrance. When they were ready, she followed Meagan in to rescue the children.

    Your potential will yet bloom, young sprouts.

  8. #1688
    Mighty Member rhyvurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    One breathe.

    Two.

    Three.

    Swooping across the sky, Miras Thane and her fellows flew high in ship or by their own power, arcing across the sky to strike down upon the Colossus from the highest levels of the firmament.

    Her skin began to crystallize as she fell upon the shielded behemoth of a Cruiser, her form glinting in the dull light as her Thoran Shift Form manifested, her body erupting into a dazzling diamond display. Her powerlevel shoots high, doubles and more, her form faster, as the temporary boost flows through her. She slams into the layered shielding with a sound of thunder and power, a shockwave rippling from the blow in all directions. Her form plows through the first shield, then the second and third and fourth, the entire thing shattering as she then strikes the hull. Wrenching apart a massive rent in the side, she screams out with effort, her form shuddering as the Shift begins to retract.

    “Everyone going inside, go! I can’t hold it forever!”

    Ochazuke, Chuan, Jack, and some of the stronger Chromaki that came with take positions throughout the city wreckage to cover Miras, already engaging troops outside the ship. Tran and Tron swing by in the ship and start lighting the outside Nagadarr forces up.
    Adam plunges through the opening, it's form flowing into the ship, seeking passages and conduits, ways of travel it's form allows but most organics cannot utilize. It searches for wiring, for power, and traces the flow backwards, seeking the ship's energy source. If it can do to this vessel what it did to the asteroid station, this battle will be over momentarily. As it searches it feels outward for bioenergy, trying to track the crew and their responses to this assault, as well as sampling the materials this ship is made from. There will be an abundance of it once Adam is victorious, and it could prove useful to allow to it's form.
    "Money and muscle, thatís what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money wonít do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world wonít enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

  9. #1689
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    14,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With that, Ishtar's resolve was made known. Regardless of the potential gap in power between them, and the likely result of their future spars -- that being Sarada beating her to within an inch of her life -- all that mattered to the Oni was that she face someone stronger than her, so that she could learn, and grow. It was a resolve Sarada could not help but respect and admire. To face her insecurities head-on instead of shrinking away or ignoring them, and to turn her weakness into a learning experience from which strength could blossom, was the stuff true warriors were made of.

    With a proud smile, Sarada nodded. "Then, I'd be happy to be the shit out of you. As many times as it takes until you can return the favor. Then, we'll rinse and repeat until we're both goddesses."
    Ishtar only found herself smiling at the sentiment.

    "Then the sooner we get started, the sooner that is a thing I get to see."

    True, Ishtar was not in the loop enough to know whether or not such a thing would be possible for Sarada. After all, Ishtar's own ascension was simply an eventuality thanks to the energy that she had seemingly been born in the possession of; and in the end it was more of a curse than a blessing. Yet if Sarada wished to achieve godhood, the golden-eyed Oni would be the first one in line to see such a thing ... and would do what she could to assist. And with as strong as she seemed to be already after only six months of concerted effort, it really seemed more of a matter of time than what was actual possible.

    It was about this time the tempo shifted however, and with a word from Miras, it was time.

    So with a final smile, Ishtar offered a few more words of her own before departure.

    "Remember ... I will feel it as you cut loose ... so let us have some fun, hm ?" The Oni said then, before chuckling. In the end, there was no need to say 'I love you'. Sarada could feel that easily enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    One breathe.

    Two.

    Three.

    Swooping across the sky, Miras Thane and her fellows flew high in ship or by their own power, arcing across the sky to strike down upon the Colossus from the highest levels of the firmament.

    Her skin began to crystallize as she fell upon the shielded behemoth of a Cruiser, her form glinting in the dull light as her Thoran Shift Form manifested, her body erupting into a dazzling diamond display. Her powerlevel shoots high, doubles and more, her form faster, as the temporary boost flows through her. She slams into the layered shielding with a sound of thunder and power, a shockwave rippling from the blow in all directions. Her form plows through the first shield, then the second and third and fourth, the entire thing shattering as she then strikes the hull. Wrenching apart a massive rent in the side, she screams out with effort, her form shuddering as the Shift begins to retract.

    “Everyone going inside, go! I can’t hold it forever!”
    Ishtar watched, as Miras surged forward in a flash; and the Officer who six months prior had been the catalyst for the second incident of 'friendly fire' now offered a glimpse at her true self.

    With a shimmering form, like diamonds in the summer sun, the woman impacted the Nagadarr flagship with a sound like thunder and a shockwave that scattered detritus for what seemed like miles around. It was a flashy display if it ever was one, and yet it was one that yielded the intended results as, with a ripping sound; the first part of the barrier fell. And then there came another tear, as the second fell ... and then the third ... and then the forth. And then, with a titanic shattering that kicked up as much dust as the initial impact: the Nagadarr Flagship, the Colossus, tasted the might of Galaxy Police Officer Miras Thane ... and it could not meet muster.

    And then with a bellow that matched the force of her impact, the Officer sounded the call of Ishtar, and the others, to act.

    Ochazuke, Chuan, Jack, and some of the stronger Chromaki that came with take positions throughout the city wreckage to cover Miras, already engaging troops outside the ship. Tran and Tron swing by in the ship and start lighting the outside Nagadarr forces up.
    So act, Ishtar did.

    Making sure that Ereshkigal was secure at her side then, Ishtar strode forward into the ruins, and when the Oni was a good distance in; she simply came to a sudden stop. The Nagadarr that had come to protect their flagship could not be seen now, well dug into the ruins as they were ... and while she could have simply cleared the area on foot or in flight, there was another method she wished to try. One that had not been workable in the confines of the metal tubes and structures she had spent the better part of three days trapped up inside.

    So with a soft hum, Ishtar did just that; filtering her Ki into the stone below.

    Pṛthivīpatnī.

    The first instance, of the fourth Amesha Spenta newly realized.

    For a moment, there was nothing then, simply a finalization of Ishtar's offering of will. Yet with a small smile- of triumph- there came a faint echoing of the location of those hidden Nagadarr. The world beneath their feet belonged to another now ... Or perhaps it had never belonged to them in the first place, but to Ishtar ... Pṛthivīpatnī.

    The Lady of Earth.

    The golden-eyed Oni gestured then, a simple twitching of her fingers, and the world beneath replied.

    With a sound like sand shifting, the stone and soil beneath the Nagadarr's feet found the purpose to act. Jagged spires of ki-imbued stone ripped through metal shells, and skewered those targeted by Ishtar in a single fractional moment. And when it was finished, and their life-blood coated the summoned stalagmites even as they breathed their last; the golden-eyed Oni twitched her fingers once more. The stone, and soil responding then, by consuming the stuck-on corpses of the Nagadarr as the stalagmites withdrew; as if the Nagadarr never were.
    "I am Galactus ! I do what I do !"

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  10. #1690
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah kept silent, refraining from directing any attention in the direction of the infiltration team. She shrouded Meagan, Etrina and the rest of the infiltration team, making them appear to be naught but dust kicked up from Miras's hard-hitting entrance. When they were ready, she followed Meagan in to rescue the children.

    Your potential will yet bloom, young sprouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam plunges through the opening, it's form flowing into the ship, seeking passages and conduits, ways of travel it's form allows but most organics cannot utilize. It searches for wiring, for power, and traces the flow backwards, seeking the ship's energy source. If it can do to this vessel what it did to the asteroid station, this battle will be over momentarily. As it searches it feels outward for bioenergy, trying to track the crew and their responses to this assault, as well as sampling the materials this ship is made from. There will be an abundance of it once Adam is victorious, and it could prove useful to allow to it's form.
    Sensing that the infiltration teams had made it in by virtue of sensing Etrina and Meagan's powerlevels (Team Liberation) as well as Erosa's (Team Haxxor), Zaofan continues running through the corridors. First part of the mission is done.

    "Combine ingredients..."

    But with the teams now on board, it's even more important to dwindle their numbers and lay off the pressure on the teams. The soldiers keep coming, and Zaofan seemingly runs away from them, but he drastically lowers his speed so that they can keep up, making them think that they have the Earther on the run. Silly them. Energy blasts and roars litter the corridors in their futile attempt to catch the chef.

    "Fold until blended..."

    Turning the corner, Zaofan finds a hangar as well as a control console just inside. The soldiers are struggling to keep up, but nonetheless, they'll be on him soon. He can't read their language, and so he tries pushing various of the bigger buttons. The ship rocks violently from impact -- no doubt both from within thanks to Sarada, and without with Miras, Ochazuke, and Jack. But even if he can't read Nagadarr, he can read symbols. Noticing that a button with outward arrows starts flashing, he smashes it, triggering the doors.

    "Simmer patiently..."

    The soldiers then turn the corner, weapons drawn, rushing at him. Zaofan blasts off at top speed at the open doors.

    "Remove from heat..."

    And now airborne, he fluidly turns his body upright, spinning 180 degrees with his eyes charged with crimson ruby energy. He sees the hangar completely full of soldiers now...

    "Puree..."

    OPTIC BLAST! The medium attack strikes through, coating the hangar and repelling the Nagadarr forcefully, several getting hurled painfully to the walls of the hangar.

    "Batter and reduce..."

    Zaofan flies backwards maintaining his stream until satisfied, flying above Ishtar and the Ereshkigal. The wind through his hair feels magnificent.

    "Ah, dining al fresco, I see!"

    Soldiers stumble and climbing over each other out of the hangar in pursuit. Landing next to Ishtar, Zaofan charges ahead to face the soldiers outside the Colossus.

    "A neat chef cleans up their spill...!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-12-2018 at 08:24 AM.

  11. #1691
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,887

    Default

    The outside turned into a nightmare. Nagadarr forces poured in towards the Colossus, intent on aiding the ship. The resistance met them, each in their own way, and the battle was heard for miles around.

    Inside, Adam finds himself at a loss. The ship’s technology is alien, strange and twisting. Much like the neural stunners, the ship is unlike anything he’s seen before. He does find a way to track down the energy reactor, but getting to it will take time.

    Miras moves with him, her crystal form gone. She strikes down any Nagadarr that stands against them with her blade.

    Meanwhile, under Asha’rah’s auspices, the stealth team moves through the gigantic structure unseen as they look for the children.

    —————-

    Outside, as foot soldiers battle, four ten foot tall Nagadarr-San arrive, flanking a Nagadarr-Dai at six feet. The Dai is clearly in command, and all radiate powers near twelve thousand easily. They start pushing back, rallying other Nagadarr to them for a counterstrike.

    Inside, Miras gets stopped by three Nagadarr with blades. She is dueling all at the same time, buying Adam time to find a route towards the reactor. The stealth team, meanwhile, is headed towards a large group of Nagadarr foot soldiers. Seems a battalion inside is heading towards Miras and Adam’s position.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #1692
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    14,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The outside turned into a nightmare. Nagadarr forces poured in towards the Colossus, intent on aiding the ship. The resistance met them, each in their own way, and the battle was heard for miles around.
    The cacophony that followed after Ishtar's first kill of the day, was one that was as familiar as it was unfamiliar. The frantic action of a dying civilization- or at least of those who had taken residence upon this world--as they attempted to stave of the ending they saw on the horizon; a thing witnessed so many times before ... and yet one only experienced once before, and even then, only after regaining her senses.

    Things were different now. Or at the very least in this moment, far less grey ... and so Ishtar simply strode forward into the coming tide, striking out at the Nagadarr who came close, the impact of her blows, and the earth beneath making quick work at all attempted to return to the Colossus.

    Outside, as foot soldiers battle, four ten foot tall Nagadarr-San arrive, flanking a Nagadarr-Dai at six feet. The Dai is clearly in command, and all radiate powers near twelve thousand easily. They start pushing back, rallying other Nagadarr to them for a counterstrike.
    There came a jarring shift however, some moments into the slaughter. Four guards, and a fifth in command; made their presence on the Battlefield known in a ripple of palpable might. And in response those Nagadarr that had been flailing merely moments ago, found themselves rallied to their banner. And while such a thing was concerning, given the sheer mass of the remaining Nagadarr ... it was also a boon.

    After all ... some of the leadership had revealed itself.

    Reaching out to the others she could feel waging their own wars off in the distance, Ishtar proceeded to share this information telepathically.

    'Leadership of a sort has made its appearance.' There came a brief pause, the golden-eyed Oni broadcast the location of the five before speaking again.

    'Help me break them, yes ?'

    To further broadcast the location of the five, a massive arc of electricity ripped across the battlefield then, aimed squarely at the Nagadarr leading the charge.
    "I am Galactus ! I do what I do !"

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  13. #1693
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The cacophony that followed after Ishtar's first kill of the day, was one that was as familiar as it was unfamiliar. The frantic action of a dying civilization- or at least of those who had taken residence upon this world--as they attempted to stave of the ending they saw on the horizon; a thing witnessed so many times before ... and yet one only experienced once before, and even then, only after regaining her senses.

    Things were different now. Or at the very least in this moment, far less grey ... and so Ishtar simply strode forward into the coming tide, striking out at the Nagadarr who came close, the impact of her blows, and the earth beneath making quick work at all attempted to return to the Colossus.



    There came a jarring shift however, some moments into the slaughter. Four guards, and a fifth in command; made their presence on the Battlefield known in a ripple of palpable might. And in response those Nagadarr that had been flailing merely moments ago, found themselves rallied to their banner. And while such a thing was concerning, given the sheer mass of the remaining Nagadarr ... it was also a boon.

    After all ... some of the leadership had revealed itself.

    Reaching out to the others she could feel waging their own wars off in the distance, Ishtar proceeded to share this information telepathically.

    'Leadership of a sort has made its appearance.' There came a brief pause, the golden-eyed Oni broadcast the location of the five before speaking again.

    'Help me break them, yes ?'

    To further broadcast the location of the five, a massive arc of electricity ripped across the battlefield then, aimed squarely at the Nagadarr leading the charge.
    It crackles and breaks against a force shield erected around the commander. It points at Ishtar, and mounted turrets begin getting set up, massive energy cannons prepared to fire at her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #1694
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It crackles and breaks against a force shield erected around the commander. It points at Ishtar, and mounted turrets begin getting set up, massive energy cannons prepared to fire at her.
    "If you don't mind me stepping in...I can try and draw fire!" P-Sta noted, swooping down in Katchin mode and crossing his arms to help him block the energy blasts from hitting Ishtar or anyone else.

    As he did, he launched a justice orb from his fingertips at the Nagadar, the ricoheting ball of ki bouncing off the floor, to the wall, and towards the commander'a forcefield.

  15. #1695
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Inside, Miras gets stopped by three Nagadarr with blades. She is dueling all at the same time, buying Adam time to find a route towards the reactor.
    Slipping past the conflict between Mira and the three Nagadarr, Erosa proceeded deeper into the ship. The officer could handle a few of them at the least, it was nothing worth breaking her stealth for....besides, the new hunting ground was filled to plenty with prey that awaited her tender, loving touch. Her goal remained to find the ships power supply and ensure adam could partake without bothersome pests getting in the way...but to do that she needed some information...

    ...and for that, she needed a Nagatarr willing to talk.

    So she shot ahead, hunting for the closest pack of Nagatarr, and she'd see if they'd be willing to play a little.


    The stealth team, meanwhile, is headed towards a large group of Nagadarr foot soldiers. Seems a battalion inside is heading towards Miras and Adamís position.
    Eyeing the pack of Nagatarr grunts moving in their direction, Etrina momentarily pondered the thought of an ambush to remove a potential threat. However it was a risky gambit...they still needed to find the children, and giving away their position now would lead to the enemy deducing their intent.

    Still....she prepared a spell and eyed Meagan. If the group leader made a move, she would too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •