Page 372 of 782 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Caged Pride, Part II

As she sat in her dark cell, with the only light coming from the hall and the only signs of company being the disembodied voices she heard outside the door, she thought back to her life and her role in how it had turned out. There was no disputing that she wasn't a good person. She had emotionally abused her own sister, turning her insecurities into a weapon with which she stymied her growth. She did it because she was afraid that Sarada was going to eventually surpass her. At the time, strength was all that mattered to Parsley, despite all they had been through.

In hindsight, she wished she hadn't done that. Not just because it was a waste of time, but because it soured the relationship she had with her sister to the point where now, they were basically two people with a professional relationship. There was no closeness, no affection, no laughter to be enjoyed between the two of them. That Sarada would rather spend more time with those humans and that Oni than her own flesh and blood... it hurt.

It hurt, and that hurt only increased because she knew that it was her own fault. If...no, when she got out of this, when she was rescued or escaped and returned to Vocado, she was going to make it right. No matter what it took, she was going to rebuild the broken relationships between herself and her two younger siblings.

As time crawled by, Parsley found herself talking to herself more. At first, it was more idle mumbling, but then gradually transitioned into full blown conversations. The latter was few and far between, but it happened frequently enough for her captors to take notice.

“Figured you'd find a friend who can stomach you,” Appel sneered as she stepped inside. The light coming in from the hall was blinding, painful. “Blech! You reek. I guess I have to wash filthy beasts.” She gestured, then stepped to the side to allow a man to walk in with a hose. He pulled down the lever and unleashed a powerful stream of water that nearly drowned Parsley whenever it hit her in the face.

She coughed raggedly and spit up water. Her throat was ragged and sour from screaming, vomiting, and going days without water. The only benefit of that hose was that she managed to catch some water in her mouth.

For a long while, after the man disappeared, Appel just stared down at Parsley. The only sound in the room was the sporadic coughing from Parsley trying to clear her lungs of water. Wordlessly, she pulled a syringe out of her pocket.

At seeing it, Parsley did what she could to inch away from her. Desperately, she yanked and tugged at the restraints binding her to the wall. It felt like her hands were about to be ripped from her wrists; the metal bonds cut into her skin, drawing blood that ran down her arm, but still she persisted.

Appel stalked toward her like a predator, a hungry glint in her eye as she bent down. The feeble kicks at her feet did nothing as she grabbed hold of the Saiyan's tail and plunged the needle into it, then pushed down on the syringe.

Without a word, she stood and left.

More time passed. Instead of talking, Parsley passed it by writhing in pain. An intense tingling sensation shot through her tail into the base of her spine, causing her immense discomfort. It felt like whatever she was injected with was eating away at her tail. The more time passed, the less she could feel it.

This was confirmed when Appel appeared and smirked. “So, that serum worked. That little tail of yours is all gone.”

“...what?!”

It was the loudest she had spoken in days. Or was it weeks?

“Now we have a way to keep you freaks from transforming. Without that, our weapons will make quick work of you.”

She couldn't respond. What strength she had left was wasted when she spoke just previously. Her body had been wasting away, her Saiyan metabolism was killing her. Her eyes were bugging out of her skull, her face looked gaunt, her body thin and gangling. Breathing made her ribs rub against her raw skin. Moving made pain of vary intensity shoot through her body. There was a steady, pulsating headache wreaking havoc on her skull.

“You should be proud. Thanks to you, we are now ready to wipe the Saiyan race from existence,” Appel sneered. “I'm somewhat surprised. You've been here for two weeks and four days, and you've only had two meals. Impressive for a chimp. I suspect your metabolism is now turning your own body against itself, cannibalizing itself for what nutrients is can muster. What a terrible way to die, I imagine.” Her laugh was haughty, self-satisfied. “What's worse, I found out you're the Monkey Queen's older sister. Guess that proves how much she cares about you.”

'Guess that proves how much she cares about you.'

Three weeks. Two days. That was how long Parsley had been chained to this wall, unable to eat, sleep, use the restroom, bathe, walk outside for fresh air and exercise. It was how long she had been missing. It was how long the Saiyans had gone without sending a team to find her, to save her.

Why haven't you come for me?

Her body shook as she tried to sob. Nothing came out of her tear ducts. She supposed she was all cried out.

Why didn't you save me?

Parsley thought back to when she found Sarada in that small apartment in the Meat Market, about to be further abused by that monster. With no hesitation, she leaped on him and beat him within an inch of his life. Hearing what he did to the children after Sarada made her wish she hadn't stopped and had killed him outright that day, but she didn't. Her only concern was the safety of her little sister.

She saved Sarada that day. There was no doubt that, if that bastard had done what he intended to, he would have killed her.

Why? Why didn't Sarada save Parsley? Why didn't her sister come find her? Was it because of the psychological abuse from when they were younger? Was that it? Was this some kind of payback? Some kind of retribution?

Was her sister that petty?

No, she couldn't have been.

Then, why? Where was she? Where was any Saiyan? Did they all care that little for her? Did they all really consider her a monster because of what she said?

Where was Maiz? Where were her parents?

Where was anyone?

'Guess that proves how much they care about you.'

She was alone. Her body was without strength. She couldn't even lift her head anymore, much less struggle against the bonds holding her to that wall. Even if she did somehow break free, there was little doubt that doing such would sap what strength she gathered for the feat, leaving her powerless and outnumbered.

Her throat was so dry. She hadn't had a sip since that “bath” she was given who-knew how long ago.

It was so hard to keep her eyes open. Being in that dark cell for so long made it so hard to keep her sleep schedule in order. Even still, she was so tired. It felt like she had ten-ton weights attached to each eyelid.

Appel left without another word. She witnessed what she had wanted to see for weeks.

Parsley's pride was killed during the tournament.

Her spirit, her will to live, had died just then.

Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 10-23-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Yes....that would be a good idea." Etrina sighed, wiping the dirt from her clothes. "...and make it a particularly good one, mind you. Or else I'll start remembering how unfitting babe is in referring to a lady.....unless you want your punishment where everyone can see?" The mage adjusted her hood and smiled devilishly.

Then, with a quick turn, she faced parsely and bowed her head. "That was an interesting exchange, I'm not one who is used to sparring but I thank you for indulging me all the same....hopefully mine was a performance you could appreciate as well.
    Sometime later in the dining area, Zaofan leans over Etrina with one napkin draped on his left forearm. On top of the napkin is a chilled champagne bottle, as he pours it masterfully with thumb in groove into her glass, a minimal amount of crisp bubbles to indicate his fine control.

"Mademoiselle! I hope you like this vintage. It's not just a few decades old, but it also came from Lady Evangeline's archives. I hope she doesn't mind, but better to ask forgiveness than permission -- at least when in service of Mistress."

He pours himself a glass and sits down to their meal, the plating deliberate and careful, the meats curated and carefully chosen, the breads and starches baked perfectly.

"We don't have breakfast together very often, so I thought I should make ours special before I start cooking for the others. Where will you be off to next, now that the immediate crisis has passed?"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    at the Lookout Qaztoh is practicing meditation with Kai saying " are you sure this will help with stress?"
    this is for Cleric.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan considered this carefully, finally responding, "I will decline your offer. This is my decision alone, I can not speak for anyone else. You are free to ask it of the others, the ones who frequent the Lookout or anyone else you may choose to make this offer to. I will continue to train in my own way, bedsides..." she then glanced at Jinzi briefly, "in two days I will assume my position as Guardian of the Planet Chroma. From that position, I will do what I can to avert this threat that you speak of."
    Praxat who is also there is listen to this saying to the Voiding " sorry I have to decline too." " I have something else I have to prepare for ." " in one year I'll will be going back to my home planet Qacriea with members of the Galaxy Police and any warrior willing to aid me to take down an tyrant name Killrog." " I will also be gather the dragon balls within one year for the purpose of helping my people."

" I have to train and get stronger so I can take on Killrog and free the Toadian Kingdom! " " if Megan here can't avert the threat you speak of within one year." " after I'm done free my people from Killrog's clutches then I might be up into accept your offer."
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

this is for Cleric.
    Kai nods.

“Yes, this will help. Relax, close your eyes, and breathe. I’ll be working a minor spell over you while you do, so try not to move so much.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "We do not share mutual affection, so I am not your friend. You are still alive, so I am not your foe. Therefore....I am something else. But what?" The Voidling posed this to Meagan as if it were as curious about the answer as she was. "What an interesting mindset your kind seems to have.....the concept of trust is almost paradoxical. Something that can only be traded, yet its value and the value of what can be given in return is determined entirely by the owner. Not even the inventor has deemed me worthy of it...and I have made multiple offers to soothe his mind."
    Jinzi shake shis Head, but Eva seems intrigued.

“Training is one thing, what about information? Who exactly wants us dead and how many are they?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Kai nods.

“Yes, this will help. Relax, close your eyes, and breathe. I’ll be working a minor spell over you while you do, so try not to move so much.”
    Qaztoh close her eyes and breathes while not trying to move so much. meanwhile Khan who is no longer high sees note on door that's reads hey Praxat's mentor please take the Jobox inside this room to the Galaxy Police. follow the instructions on this note when opening the Jobox . open the box and hand all of my Juppter stash all 100 kilograms of to the Galaxy Police.

I will still be keep that tattoo on my right arm but I'm done using Juppter. I was once a crew member of the Stratovarius Buccaneers. so tell the Galaxy Police that if they do catch Captain Stratovarius and the rest of his crew to go easy on them. they're not bad people.

just because someone isn't lawful . doesn't make them a bad person. Captain Stratovarius and the rest of the crew do good in their own way. Captain Stratovarius once stole a bunch food from this noble man's house on this one planet and instead of just hording all this food to himself . he went to a orphanage on this planet and give the food to starving children , children who need it more than he did.

Khan finishes read the note and enters the room picks up the Jobox . he then leaves and looks around for the Galaxy Police.

OOC: little fix little typo.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-22-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Default Ishtar and Nergal, Pt. 2: A Game of Cat and Mouse (1/2)

Not a moment after she'd vanished, Ishtar reappeared on the surface of a barren world.

Known to the Oni from her millennia of wandering, the world was long since void of life, and given its distance from Earth, and Vocado, stood as the furthest point from Nergal -- and the threat he posed -- as it was possible for Ishtar to be. So as she dropped to her knees, and watched droplets of blue-black blood get swallowed up by the sun-bleached sand; the golden-eyed Oni took a moment to breath, and think.

What am I to do ?

Even sapped of strength as he was from his imprisonment, Nergal's strength dwarfed her own. If she stood against him now, it would end swiftly -- as it almost had but moments ago -- with his hand around her throat, and Sarada's location stripped from her as he siphoned out her soul. So at the least, direct confrontation was not an option ... nor did simply fleeing. The pace could be kept awhile, Ishtar knew, jumping from system to system as she attempted to avoid Nergal ... yet the glowing-horn Oni knew as well as he surely did: eventually she would tire.

Using the escape offered by Sihn not two hours prior, too, would simply prolong Nergal's hunt. She could hide awhile, surely, separated as it was from the realm of the living and the demesne of the dead ... and yet that would be all she could do. Barred those higher powers were from direct interference, no one there could help her. Not Zurvan, nor Shek'hinah, nor Sihn ... so she would hide and bide her time as Nergal raged across the stars until the waiting grew to painful -- the cost of her cowardice too high -- and she revealed herself ... or he located what he sought so fervently. And as it would end with direct confrontation, that which she held dear would be forcibly taken ... and even worse, still.

Sarada would die twice.

So what then, did that leave her ?

To fight, and die faster ? Or to flee and die slower ...

Or perhaps ... a balance ?

There were tools left to her, Ishtar knew. And while they would perhaps be fatal -- her usage of that roiling rage already been performed once, not long ago at all -- it would tip the scales at least. Offer strength enough to drag this out, and provide her with the strength to stand against her corrupted kin; and even if it was her death ... it would better to die with soul intact, and guarantee the possibility of revival ... than to suffer a slow and savage death that killed her lover twice.

I wish I had more time, but for now ... it will have to do.

Composure restored --if only slightly -- and path charted, Ishtar stood and exhaled slowly.

"Spəntā Aēšma."

As the rage took over, the world around the golden-eyed Oni seemed to slow ... and though she knew this was simply the first step, it felt good to have a plan.

Though no sooner had she engaged this step, did she feel the overwhelming presence of her 'cousin' surface but a few hundred kilometers above ... and then it blinked much closer.

The God of Death, had come.

"Oh ... what is this ?" Nergal's voice, the sickly sweet tone now replaced with an edge of not-quite-madness, "is it that you wish to ... play ?"

Ishtar simply bobbed her head, and summoned her Katchin Blade.

"Hm ... I see." The Oni-turned-God fell silent then, pondering as Ishtar burned -- and power soared, at the cost of flesh -- before offering a chuckle, when he sensed it himself. After all ... it seemed his cousin had more to offer, than the power he had sensed in her on Earth. And with the matter of her transcendence an unanswered question; Nergal could not help but grow curious. What was her true measure ?

So it was the slate-grey Oni opted on a fateful course, and spread his arms wide with bowed head.

"We shall play, o' cousin mine ... and I shall know your measure."

Ishtar bobbed her head once more, and offered her response.

"Come, then."

The slate-grey Oni closed in slowly, then, allowing his cousin a chance to think, and react as he played the triumphant Cat to her cornered Mouse ... and react she did; when Nergal got within arms reach and lashed out, Ishtar's response was to block his strike with her Katchin Blade ... and draw first blood.

"Xshathra."

Despite the disparity between them, Nergal grunted as the Katchin Blade-tip -- amplified three times her current norm -- bit into the flesh of his arm, and drew his ashen blood ... and while the Oni-turned-God stood there, surprised and bleeding, the golden-eyed Oni responded again, her blade withdrawing lightning quick before her horns struck Nergal's midsection, and working in symphony with Pṛthivīpatnī; Nergal found himself upended, and launched across that wasteland-world.

Ishtar then retreated quickly.

It was not long at all however, before Nergal reappeared, his sickly black blood dripping slowly from his superficial wound, a strange -- unsettling -- smile from ear to ear. "My, my, my ..." he offered, softly. "No longer the Gardener, I once knew. You have changed, indeed ..."

Blinking out of existence, he reappeared in front of Ishtar then, and with a slap sent her skidding through a nearby dune.

"Tell me cousin," the slate-grey Oni offered softly, as he teleported beside his cousin as she attempted to right herself, "where did you learn such tricky things ?"

Before she could answer, a casual swipe sent her skidding once more, blood dripping from the wounds made as Nergal's claws bit into the flesh on impact ... and even as she entered the second stage of her Spəntā Aēšma; it was obvious she was still nowhere near strong enough. Yet.

Though for now at least, the broken-horn Oni was back to his ... more favorable disposition, so as Ishtar righted herself she turned to face him; to humor him and secure more time.

"From years watching mortals as they warred, and died ... and more recently from my own attempts at warring." She replied, panting as her internal temperature increased, blood growing ever closer to its boiling point. "I am far more than I was ..."

"I see." Nergal offered simply, with a chuckle; before licking Ishtar's blood from his claws.

"Not bad, o' cousin mine. Though I should hope your soul tastes ... sweeter."

When he was finished -- a task he seemed to linger on, as if to cause unease -- he offered another chuckle, before addressing what some might consider to be the 'Elephant in the Room':

"I can feel your power rising ... do you think it will be enough ?"

After a moment of silence, Ishtar shook her head. "I do not know ... yet that is the fun of this game, yes ?"

Nergal smile cracked a smile, before closing the distance more traditionally -- one slow step after another -- as he considered his cousin's question. "Hm ..." He muttered, offering up a slow swing to gauge his cousin's response, and strength, yet again; and Ishtar true to form responded with another swing of her Katchin Blade.

Though this time ... it was caught without bloodshed, in the slate-grey Oni's hand.

"For the moment."

With a tug, the slate-grey Oni yanked the blade from Ishtar's hand, and stepping back he appraised the weapon a moment before smiling down at his cousin. "A curious trinket, sharp enough to pierce my hide, even wielded by one weaker than I ..." Curiosity getting the better of him, the broken-horn Oni took a few swings of the weapon before nodding to himself, seemingly satisfied with the result. "Yet it seems that I cannot reproduce that forceful swing ... another trick, I presume ? How curious ..."

The Oni-turned-God disappeared again, only to reappear a a meter away from Ishtar.

"I suppose I should give it back, yes ?"

With the question still lingering in the air, Nergal swung the blade toward his cousin's head, only for a smile to find its way to Ishtar's lips as the blade lost shape as it began to spill from Nergal's hand, like water from a broken vessel. Yet before it had flowed fully free, the blue-skinned Oni had one thing to offer ...

Nergal's eyes widened.

".... Oh ?" The Katchin bit deep, sinking into Nergal's palm, drawing blood and shocking the slate-grey Oni.

As Nergal appraised his palm then -- all but forgotten memories of pain slowly welling up from the recesses of his mind -- the Katchin Blade flowed quickly back to Ishtar, and reformed itself into the familiar saber held firmly in the golden-eyed Oni's palm.

"It knows its owner ... and it is not you ... o' cousin mine."

Nergal ignored her for a time, his memories taking precedence as he attempted to sift through them ... less for the reason that he dreaded the remembrance of them ... but because the memories brought with them a whispering; as the souls who had been silenced by his earlier feeding began to stir and creak, and whisper ... and yet one more, besides.

Blood ssspilled twice now ... belonging to you ... grown weak in your old age ... he he he. Doesss the Little Lord feel ... asss confident as before ?

Silence.

Though there was no bite, in Nergal's response. And hearing this, the measured voice -- a soul far older than most -- continued on in its broken sibilant, and offered gems of wisdom.

Perhapsss too late ... perhapsss, perchance ... end it now before you fall ... and cassst usss into purgatory yet again.

(continued below)
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Ishtar and Nergal, Pt. 2: A Game of Cat and Mouse (2/2)

Nergal grit his teeth.

Try as he might, he could not disagree. Had his blue-skinned cousin not drawn blood, perhaps this game might continue ... yet that was not the case, and he could feel the blood welling from his wounds -- superficial and yet deeper than most he had suffered before -- and how they trickled and dripped, drip-drop ! drip-drop ! ... into the hungry sands of the dead world below. And while he could not hear the rest of the voices, save one ... he knew deep down that if he could, they would be laughing. At him, HIM, the Oni who had become God.

And that was Ishtar's doing.

Nergal sighed, and reappeared at his cousin's side.

"I grow tired of this game, though it was ... fun while it lasted. Eradicator's Fist."

Though as his fist connected with the 'flesh' of his blue-skinned cousin's arm, the broken-horn Oni -- eyes widening with surprise -- watched it as the blow did little more than bowl her over ... and while Ishtar was certainly knocked for a loop, the Katchin Saber that had been hers since its discovery in the Derelict Armory, had proven its worth yet again.

Recovering quickly, Ishtar offered an immediate response, before teleporting away. "Vairyanãm Anghu Raocah."

When Nergal realized what had happened -- Ishtar's Katchin Blade being to 'catch' the blow -- the glowing-horn Oni's counter struck him full on ... but in the end, the damage was negligible. As the slate-grey Oni gathered his bearings however, and stepped free of the plume of debris that had been kicked up from the explosion that had just caught him unawares; there came a sound and a trembling that rattled the broken-horn Oni's bones.

Ah ... what is this ?

The answer come a moment later, as Ishtar's plan unfurled.

Desperation lead to ingenuity as she had been batted about through dunes and sun-bleached sand. And she realized swiftly, that since the world was little more than a desolate place void of life, and meaning ... its loss, or rather its destruction ... would little be missed.

So with a hurried necessity Ishtar had lashed out, firing blast after blast directly downward ... and when her bolts of magically bound electricity had pierced the dead world's hidden core, she had willed them detonate. So when it was that Ishtar teleported to the next world over -- yet another world, void of life, for there was no need to lure a predator to more prey -- the process that had been started by her destructive energies, was allowed to reach its cataclysmic end.

It was then, that Nergal looked down and saw the ground beneath him heave, and split ... and he knew at once what she had done; and too late to teleport away, he simply threw his arms up to brace himself. Though not without admitting that Ishtar was a:

"Clever Gi-"

Though his offered words -- to empty air -- were cut off and swallowed up in an instant, as the world beneath him exploded.

And from her vantage point several worlds away, Ishtar watched as the planet died ... the cracks giving way to a blossoming explosion that left little more than dust and echoes. Yet the golden-eyed Oni knew at once, that Nergal had not died ... and quick to remember the situation at hand ... Ishtar leapt away once more; picking this time, yet another empty world -- a system away -- to allow herself the time necessary to finish with her fateful gambit, and attain the strength she needed.

Nergal for his part simply hung for a time in the now vacant space once home to a desert world.

He knew he lived, however -- his body screaming out in agony from the battering sustained -- and for the moment that was enough.

Yet the damage done as with the bloodletting before, cut deeper than Ishtar could have known. The voices were louder now, not just the Hissing Soul, and with them came chants of failure, and weakness ... and memories of Gelia. So it was as Nergal drifted, and regained his sense of self; he decided swiftly and with an almost simplistic surety ...

Ishtar would suffer before she died.

And at that the voices all replied in unison ... 'GoodgoodgoodgoodGOOD'.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Sometime later in the dining area, Zaofan leans over Etrina with one napkin draped on his left forearm. On top of the napkin is a chilled champagne bottle, as he pours it masterfully with thumb in groove into her glass, a minimal amount of crisp bubbles to indicate his fine control.

"Mademoiselle! I hope you like this vintage. It's not just a few decades old, but it also came from Lady Evangeline's archives. I hope she doesn't mind, but better to ask forgiveness than permission -- at least when in service of Mistress."

He pours himself a glass and sits down to their meal, the plating deliberate and careful, the meats curated and carefully chosen, the breads and starches baked perfectly.

"We don't have breakfast together very often, so I thought I should make ours special before I start cooking for the others. Where will you be off to next, now that the immediate crisis has passed?"
    "It looks wonderful Zaofan, you keep exceeding what I had thought most cooks capable of......and I'm sure if you gathered this from Evanelines archive its likely older then both of us put together." Etrina chuckled and took a sip. "...it certainly tastes like it. Let us hope she's merciful when she finds out....I don't think I could afford to replace something like this."

Taking a bite out of some meat, Etrina gives Zaofans question a moments thought. "Well....honestly, that sparring match has put me in a rather interesting mood. I had't original planned to...But I think I'll be putting in some serious training time between now and the next time we get to fight that parsley woman. Did you notice how prideful she is? Not even would she admit we did well when we had her on the ropes.....Honestly.....not that I think she's bad, its just...."

<I wanna grind my heel on her head while she laments a defeat so absolute even she can't brush it off>

"....I kind of want to get a different kind of reaction out of her the next time we spar."

Taking another sip of wine, Etrina rolls it around in the glass and smiles. ".....also....It's been so busy lately.....I think I've neglected Erosa a bit too much. Did you know she is only a year old at this point? I conducted her summoning ritual the day after I turned 19.....so out birthdays are technically around the same time, but I never had a chance to celebrate mine and hers.....well....."

Putting her glass down, Etrina traced a finger along the side of her plate. "Even if its a little belated....I want to give her a proper first year birthday. Like the ones my mother used to plan for me......."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "'All things strive,' as she is wont to recount." he replied. "There invariably is some truth when a saying becomes rote. It is when insight is unexamined and stagnates to doctrine where there is contention."

Even as he had his back turned to her - he had stood to tend the stove - Ochazuke sensed the air about her, and was acutely aware where Sarada's countenance stiffened somewhat. Some silent matter, clawing beneath that hunger of a consummate challenger. Perhaps a second helping will resolve that quietly, for the moment. Within the great clay vessel, the separation between ingredients slowly began to fade as their colours blanched and melded together, the clarity of the primary stock clouded by the leaching of the meat.

"That is the hegemony of many tyrant lords, little different the aged predator prowling the wilds for carrion." Hot servings were replenished, lined next to tea from the second steep. "Pride of that sort craves the validation of another, even as while it treads upon them, a foothold to reach ever upward. It allows a fool to claim himself Champion."

"Fallibility comes within struggle. If they do not falter, they cannot be proven wrong," he said. "Everybody is prepared to win, to be lauded and accept graces and pleasures, because that is a thin test of will. To accept the way to kill that ambition, for many, is unconscionable."
    The tyrant lords of old that reign on Vocado fell step for step with the words Ochazuke spoke. They preyed upon the weak, not seeking a challenge, but rather dominance, to oppress, enslave, or even slaughter. When victory was secured, they puffed out their chests, let out a roar of domination that let all those within hearing distance know who truly ruled the cosmos. Even as their power waned over the decades, that roar grew louder and more boisterous. And when the Saiyan race was at its weakest, their pride was at its strongest.

A fool with no challengers to question his power can call himself King, or Queen, or Champion, because who can stop him.

"Those that find that way unconscionable will be left behind," she answered. "For those on top, that means they'll be overthrown and replaced. The society will thrive and, however slowly, regain its good name. That's what I hope to achieve. My race was one of would be Tyrants who preyed on the weak to establish their dominance. The Tyrants have fallen by the wayside, replaced by those who know the right way. The only thing left is to prove that we've changed to everyone else."

Her brow furrowed into a frown. "Sometimes, that seems impossible."

At the mention of President Grinthorn, Ochazuke's utensils stopped where they stabbed deep into the rice. Steam escaped from the holes like shed blood steaming as it cut through snow. His lips lined with disgust. With a low sigh he took a sip of tea before he continued.

"You may have noticed the Uniformity of that grand Design is in some respects is absent from this world," he said, mulling the words thoughtfully.

"Fighting with this group, there are reasons for our conflicts across the stars. We fought Jagam in a show of support for the Saiyan Cause. Liberated a planet for the Chromakai Cause. Wherever Nevanlinna was ushered by the vision of her foetid god, she likely casts a penitent lot in with the Threshling cause," he continued. "Whole planets aligned to a single vision. There are many borders drawn on the planet below that Grinthorn would meld together into a vision of uniformity. But, uniformity is not unity."

"For myself, well, there are unique freedoms which exist...for dead men," he said. "Released from the weight of a banner and the binds of promises, when I had nothing I was free to see everything. And so the training I have ahead of me is to slowly claw the pieces of that life back and gain the strength to show them that there is another way."
    She listened to him speak. She heard with perfect clarity the barely restrained disgust with which he spoke of Grinthorn and the attempt at unification. No, uniformity. He was right. Uniformity did not equal unity. Unity was being aligned toward a common goal while still maintaining some autonomy and individuality. Uniformity stripped all parts of the machine of what made them individuals, instead forming a single monolith comprised of countless pieces moving in unison.

She thought to her own Empire. Six planets, each aligned to a single goal under one banner. Yet, each world was allowed to maintain some semblance of autonomy. Yes, there were laws that governed them all, decrees she decided upon that would affect the Empire as a whole, but each world would and needed to maintain its individuality. Meaning that the viceroys elected by the people would pass laws tailor made for each world and the people who lived on it. Laws on Callion could in no way be applied to Saiyans on Pepa. She decided that was the best way to govern the Empire, by allowing them to govern themselves to a certain extent.

As such, when asked how many nations could exist within the borders of an empire, she answered. "An Empire is like a country with larger borders. Each state within that country would be ruled by its own government that answers to the Empire's government. Each state would have its own laws, bylaws, its own autonomy to govern itself; the population of those states would have its own personality and goals. Attempting uniformity with that many people is counterproductive to the growth and health of the whole. To answer your question... as many as you can ensure the happiness, autonomy, and individuality of while still maintaining the same unity. Which is to say, not many."

He spoke of burying the past and pretending it didn't happen. That wasn't simply conjecture. At least, she didn't think so. She couldn't get a good enough read on Grinthorn, and Jinzi was short on details of what the man had done. Whatever it was, those under his purview were blind to it. Perhaps because they were more easily subjected to the propaganda than those who lived just outside of his lengthy reach. Ochazuke was one; perhaps Jinzi was another.

Sarada's head tilted to the side curiously.

Ochazuke loosed a short breath between his teeth.

"When instinct rails against reason, that is cause for concern," he said, "but when your life is no longer belongs to you alone, that is cause for alarm."

He set his utensils down and folded his arms.

"You and Totoma have thrown yourselves into the thick of the fighting, satisfied in the knowledge that if you do not win this time, there will be another time to challenge, and beyond your current limit you will be all the stronger for it," he said. "With all the strength you've gained presently, you would seek to test it, proof you could stand to assert yourself and change the course. If anything should threaten your interests, you will be first on the scene to defend it, damn the circumstances."

"Noble thoughts, but a fool's course. You would have killed yourself and the others to fight Hammer and save Ishtar," he said. "What happens to her people when the Queen falls?"
    'What happens to her people when the Queen falls?'

Sarada fell silent when the question was posed to her. The answer was obvious: the next in line would step to the throne and rule in her stead until she was wished back and could resume her post.

And yet, she felt that wasn't what he was looking for.

It was the obvious answer, but not the right one. The next in line was Pinach, since she and Ishtar hadn't had children yet. Since he was too young and was still in training, the throne would then fall to either Maiz or Mato. Or Parsley. With the former two, the latter one would be kept in check and not allowed to make some of her more outrageous claims a reality, if she even indeed intended to do so.

The welfare of the Empire would be cared for, and they wouldn't miss a beat.

And yet, how would the people react if she got herself killed on an alien world aiding people who had nothing to do with the Saiyan worlds? They placed their explicit trust in her from the moment of her coronation. They trusted her to kill Jagam -- and she had. They trusted her to protect them from any who would challenge any of the six worlds. How could she do that if she was trotting about from world to world with Eva's chosen? How could she do that if she foolishly got herself killed while trotting about from world to world, neglecting her post and abusing the trust given to her?

"Even if I was resurrected, they'd still lose faith in me. Those behind me are more than capable of caring for the Empire, and they'd all do a far better job than I ever could. But, they'd be vulnerable, left without their strongest protector. And with as many enemies as we have in the universe..." She shook her head. "So, you're saying I shouldn't be so careless in battle? You're not the first to tell me that. I'd say I hope you're the last, but you already know that."

She recalled Parsley scolding her when Shek'hinah was disengaged in the RoSaT. One day, she'd learn.

Hopefully that one day wasn't her last day.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

OOC: for KingofPie

Khan finds members of the Galaxy Police on the lookout saying " I guess your members of the Galaxy police ?" " well I Toadian name Qaztoh wanted me to give this to you all." Khan follows the instructions on the note and opens the jobox suddenly 100 kilograms of Juppter appear with Khan saying " she wants to hand over this drug stash that she has hiding here at the Lookout to you all."

" by way accidently smoke some of this stuff and it's like marijuana here on earth only stronger." " so I figure it's probably the type of drug that people can't agree rather it should be legalize or not." " like marijuana I guess there are supporters for legalization for this alien drug and supporters to not legalized it." " also this Toadian told me to tell you all that if you ever catch a group of space pirates called the Stratovarius Buccaneers to go easy on them."

" she mention to me about how once the Captain of this space pirate group stole food from a noble on a planet , and give it to starving children at an orphanage. " " after she mention that I came to the conclusion that this Captain Stratovarius has a good heart even if he's not the most lawful of people."
    My Forum check it out

"Modern Masters of the Martial World, huh...?" Sasheem muttered, browsing through another one of the books he'd a acquired. He had moved towards the roof of the Lookout's pavilion above the kitchen. A good spot to catch a cool breeze once it hits the Lookout. None of the books so far seemed to offer anything of substance, at least nothing pertaining to what he was looking for. The Snake School was not known for it's openness. Students of the Snake struck from the darkness and in the darkness they remained. Their history possibly lost forever...in great part thanks to him.

The Majin clutched his head with his left hand, still holding the book up in his right. Why...WHY did he do this. He'd slaughtered them all and for what? The Snake School was the only place on Earth...or anywhere in the Galaxy that he'd felt comfortable calling home. Excluding any and all restaurants, of course...But, the fact of the matter was this: The one thing he regretted destroying, the only people he had even a modicum of regret annihilating were coming back to haunt him. Figures this would be the one action he'd feel the repercussions of. Even a visit to Coral Canyon would be pointless. No artifacts, no manuscripts, no scrolls with any useful information had survived his attack. Everything was blasted into dust and scattered with the winds...to his knowledge, anyway.

Sasheem sighed loudly. If he had known back then, the need to preserve the Snake School for his future usage....he probably still wouldn't have cared. The Majin couldn't help but laugh. Despite his regrets, suddenly turning on them for whatever reason was pretty hilarious. None of 'em ever saw it coming. Sasheem continued to chuckle as he shifted through the book's pages, taking a look at the table of contents.

"Turtle School...Eskramoto, blah....blah," the Majin murmured, turning a page. "Dragon School...Nothin' too interes... Huh. Well, actually..." Sasheem stopped and quickly flipped through the book, searching for an entry he'd found...somewhat familiar under the Dragon School.

OOC: for KingofPie

Khan finds members of the Galaxy Police on the lookout saying " I guess your members of the Galaxy police ?" " well I Toadian name Qaztoh wanted me to give this to you all." Khan follows the instructions on the note and opens the jobox suddenly 100 kilograms of Juppter appear with Khan saying " she wants to hand over this drug stash that she has hiding here at the Lookout to you all."

" by way accidently smoke some of this stuff and it's like marijuana here on earth only stronger." " so I figure it's probably the type of drug that people can't agree rather it should be legalize or not." " like marijuana I guess there are supporters for legalization for this alien drug and supporters to not legalized it." " also this Toadian told me to tell you all that if you ever catch a group of space pirates called the Stratovarius Buccaneers to go easy on them."

" she mention to me about how once the Captain of this space pirate group stole food from a noble on a planet , and give it to starving children at an orphanage. " " after she mention that I came to the conclusion that this Captain Stratovarius has a good heart even if he's not the most lawful of people."
    "...Right," Blizzar nodded, taking the drug stash. "I'll be sure to dispose of this properly."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The knife penetrated the armor, but was quickly pulled out by the Nagadarr's Commander and tossed aside. As he did this, his second, the Sub-Commander who had joined the fight, pulled out a weapond that was holstered to his leg. As he fired it, the bullets exploded on contact with whatever they hit.

Cyanna let out a yelp as one narrowly missed her, she managed to just avoid it by leaping into the air. As she did, she summoned her Ki into both hands, then shot them upwards into the sky. The energy then fell like rain, only to explode once it came in contact with the Nagadarr below. This was a result of combining multiple attacks, including one that insured Charco wasn't affected by it.

The Commander and the Sub-Commander found themselves thrown off balance by the attack. It wasn't powerful enough to damage their armor, but it was strong enough to distract them and to keep them from attacking.
    Grunting from the impact, the noise shifted into a snarl of anger as Charco was struck by one of the bullets fired by the Nagadarr Sub-commander. Remaining upright, the youth was pushed back a foot before the momentum ceased. By this time, Cyanna had mounted her own response, raining energy down upon their two enemies and although the damage was cosmetic at best, it did provide an opening for him.

His body still altered with the energy of the Thyreophora technique, Charco simply tapped deeper into it, reaching what he could consider its "Second State". Muscles bulking up, his aura burned orange and with an intensity that pushed his hair upward.
    Leading the first step with his left the ground caved beneath the strain, giving him a perfect foothold to kick off the earth, his image distorting from the speed that propelled him forth. Fist drawn back, he took aim at the Sub-commander who had shot him. Along with the volatile power of the Thyreophora, additional chi flowed from his core to his arm, further enhancing what was to come as the gap grew smaller and smaller. Driving his fist into the Nagadarr's helmed face, the dual force of the Thyreophora and Ankylo Smash would have probably been enough to decapitate Jagam's initial form in one, clean swoop.

Let's see how tough that old armor is!

-----
    [Thyreophora, Second State: Active]
    [Current PL: 75,000]
    [Posts Until Detonation: 3]