Page 270 of 451 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 6759
  1. #4036
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    6,465

    Default

    OT: Proffile says Ishtar is 5000+?

    How old is she?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #4037
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The manís hand stills, clenches, then slowly he keeps eating. Ignoring Sasheem.
    Sasheem grins to himself, before walking over to grab his can of the slop that appeared to be the only thing that passed for food in this place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Oh, don't mind him," Zaofan reassures the stranger. "Sasheem here is just a silly goose. By the way, I'm Zaofan, that hungry one over there is Sarada, and the lovely woman over there is Meagan. What's your name?"
    Sasheem made a disgruntled face as he began to eat the MRE, answering, "Yeah...Sasheem's a real jokeste-"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack smacks Shasheem upside the head with his palm.

    "This is why I was hoping one of the sieletons would eat you or something."
    "ARGH!" The Majin snarled, turning to jack as a bit of steam shot from the pores on his head. "You wanna take this outside, ya walking ashtray? Try and lay your hands on Sasheem again, he gurantees it's the fastest way in any world to lose one of your damn limbs."

  3. #4038
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    15,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Proffile says Ishtar is 5000+?

    How old is she?
    OT: This'll need a PM for a definite number ^^"
    "I am Galactus ! I do what I do !"

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  4. #4039
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    6,465

    Default

    Little bit of editing....

    Fixed Wilhelm’s last post.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #4040
    Mighty Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “The world ended...two hundred years ago. The Cairn Yard is far more ancient, ten, fifteen thousand or so years ago from the last battle of the heavens and near this planet, Terra’s, beginning.”

    He waves his hand.

    “At least that is what legend says.”
    "Two hundred years ago?" Jack asked, it would have to be he supposed for even the ruins to remain. Ten thousand years and all would be devoured by rust and time.

    "So your people dwelt next to that boneyard all this time then?"

    Dead city, on a dead world, drifting throu endless darkness.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem grins to himself, before walking over to grab his can of the slop that appeared to be the only thing that passed for food in this place.



    Sasheem made a disgruntled face as he began to eat the MRE, answering, "Yeah...Sasheem's a real jokeste-"



    "ARGH!" The Majin snarled, turning to jack as a bit of steam shot from the pores on his head. "You wanna take this outside, ya walking ashtray? Try and lay your hands on Sasheem again, he gurantees it's the fastest way in any world to lose one of your damn limbs."
    "Don't insult a man in his own house especially after he saved you're worthless life tidybowl."

  6. #4041
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Just outside the bunker entrance, Erosa emerged with a sour look on her face. She had barely sniffed the provided MREs before passing, it was.....almost too processed and tasteless even for her wide range in food. The surroundings were a little less dead then the ones they had passed on the way here, so the thought had occured to her that there may be some animals still living in the area.

    ...and she'd take a still bloody piece of meat to whatever was in those cans.

    Plus there was a little of the old id curiosity on the surroundings. In any event, she put herself into a hunting mindset and set out to explode the still living area around the bunker.

  7. #4042
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    18,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďThe world ended...two hundred years ago. The Cairn Yard is far more ancient, ten, fifteen thousand or so years ago from the last battle of the heavens and near this planet, Terraís, beginning.Ē

    He waves his hand.

    ďAt least that is what legend says.Ē
    Cyanna casually walked up, then asked, "What happened to the people? Was it an invasion? Was it those creepy Skeleton things? Did you all just get sick?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  8. #4043
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    15,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďThe world ended...two hundred years ago. The Cairn Yard is far more ancient, ten, fifteen thousand or so years ago from the last battle of the heavens and near this planet, Terraís, beginning.Ē

    He waves his hand.

    ďAt least that is what legend says.Ē
    Ishtar nodded.

    In the end, the magic had felt ancient ... and yet there was a similarity of years between it -- and the Carin of Restless Corpses -- and herself.

    Fifteen thousand years ... is that my age ? A little less ? In the end it did not matter, beyond the information she sought.

    "Tell me what happened, two hundred years ago. How did Terra end ?"
    "I am Galactus ! I do what I do !"

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  9. #4044

    Default

    Praxat looks at Wilhelm saying " so Wilhelm is about The Cairn Yard?" "are there any records ?" "as person interesting in knowledge I would like to look at them if there are any." " also I would like to examine any tech you have in here." " I want to understand fully this legend your mention."

    "so I can have clear picture in my head of what transpire on this planet." " also it's it possible to build a portal out of any of the tech on this planet?"

  10. #4045
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    "Excuse me....Wilhelm was it?" Etrina, having been deep in through while the others posed their questions, finally stepped forward with a query of her own. "I don't mean to intrude...The Cairns that were back in the boneyard, I don't suppose you know anything in regards to their creation? Maintenance? Perhaps an active one nearby that I may be able to study?"

  11. #4046
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Two hundred years ago?" Jack asked, it would have to be he supposed for even the ruins to remain. Ten thousand years and all would be devoured by rust and time.

    "So your people dwelt next to that boneyard all this time then?"

    Dead city, on a dead world, drifting throu endless darkness.
    "Don't insult a man in his own house especially after he saved you're worthless life tidybowl."
    "Insult? Sasheem was offering to make an improvement on what he calls a life," The Majin shrugged, looking at the can of MRE. "I mean who'd wanna live alone, feasting on this?" He asked, before using his antennae to zap the contents of the MRE, reconfiguring it into a...cinnamon pretzal, which he quickly devoured. "Now that's more like it!"

  12. #4047
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    6,465

    Default

    “The Cairn Yard is old, thousands of years, and one of several around the world. Ancient legends of Terra, young and new, being the battleground of people from the Heavens. The losers lay buried, kept down by old Ward Stones. That’s what the Legends said.”

    “As to the rest, how we ended, simple: worn down. Five hundred years ago, a Saiyan came to Terra and rained hell upon it. Golden haired, green eyed, impossibly strong. But Terra prevailed, beat him and his men, used the old Cairn Yard across the continent to drain him, make him weak and then let it devour him while we took his power. That was a mistake, as the old ward stones couldn’t be activated again easily. Still, even in defeat, Terra was known now by the universe. Others came to conquer, Icejin, Threshling, First Race remnants. Again and again, Terra threw them back and again and again we lost some of ourselves. It was like a plague or sickness filled their minds, such was their want for this world. Hundreds of years of driving different invaders away, until only we remained here alongside our weapons and war machines we had made to defend us. And then some became consumed by that same sickness and turned on the rest of us. Atomic and arcane fire rained down, Terra warred with itself, and when the last fight was fought.....only I remained. Last man standing in a dead world. Two hundred years ago.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #4048
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    6,465

    Default

    Erosa, fairly close by to the bunker you find a small graveyard. About fifteen headstones in a small, shaded tree area.


    ———

    Parsley, the next room over is a large bunk area divided in two, with dozens of bunk beds clearly for whatever base staff would have been stationed here.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #4049
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Erosa, fairly close by to the bunker you find a small graveyard. About fifteen headstones in a small, shaded tree area.
    While it held very little importance in her hunt, Erosa was curious enough about her find to approach the headsets for a closer inspection.

    Burying the dead was a custom Erosa had heard about, but it was one that she didn't really understand. Weither it was the hungry predator or the plants they came to lay in, the dead fed the living. So then....what was the point of burying a corpse in a box that you never had any intent to dig back up? Maybe it was because nobody liked seeing a corpse lying around decomposing? Or didn't like the thought of something eating whats left?

    But that cycle didn't matter....not on this world anyways. Perhaps here it would be better for the dead to be locked away.

    Approaching one of the tombstones, Erosa looked for markings that might tell what was here.

  15. #4050
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    6,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    While it held very little importance in her hunt, Erosa was curious enough about her find to approach the headsets for a closer inspection.

    Burying the dead was a custom Erosa had heard about, but it was one that she didn't really understand. Weither it was the hungry predator or the plants they came to lay in, the dead fed the living. So then....what was the point of burying a corpse in a box that you never had any intent to dig back up? Maybe it was because nobody liked seeing a corpse lying around decomposing? Or didn't like the thought of something eating whats left?

    But that cycle didn't matter....not on this world anyways. Perhaps here it would be better for the dead to be locked away.

    Approaching one of the tombstones, Erosa looked for markings that might tell what was here.
    Simply a name: Lyssa Greylight.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •