Page 428 of 782 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "As long as you have a strong will and a goal....you....maybe should be fine." Chrona answered., then patted the man on the shoulder. ".......Just do what you do best......suckers like you have to have wills of iron to be dating girls like her...right?"
    Zaofan simultaneously grits his teeth and rolls his eyes. He mumbles through: "razzafrazzachronawhoareyoutosayanthingaboutmylove lifeyouwretchednogood..." before trailing off.

With one final check of things, Chrona stepped backwards.

Ishtar was carrying the White Etrina.
    Asha'rah was carrying Blue
    Zaofan was carrying Red
    ...and Green was sitting on Chrona shoulder.

"Ok...Everything looks good. Listen up......" Chrona took a look at all of them, and for the first time she seemed to drop whatever facade of indifference and humor she seemed to be holding. "So....Yeah. Whatever happens....was nice working with people for a good cause. Even if things go south....at least we have that, right....not that things well...I mean I.....Oh ****!"

Chrona ran up and switched the Etrina on Ishtars shoulder with the one on Zaofans.

"Phew....that was close. Bad end averted there.....*Ahem*........Well. I guess this is goodbye for awhile....I'll see you guys at the destination, and when things are all said and done."

"Magic link is confirmed." The Blue Etrina announced. "Relocation Magic prepped and ready."

"All set here, lets kick some ass!" The White Etrina shouted.

"Glad you liked it....I popped it 12 centuries ago." A amused smirk crossed Chronas lips just as the magic engaged. With an almost ethereal pop the three travellers vanished....and a moment later Chrona vanished as well.

~~~

Both Ishtar and Asha'rah seemed to arrive in roughly the same area. A vast underground cavern surrounded them....having a similar feel in size and scope to that of the geofront they had visited so long ago. The air was thick with magic, so much so it almost manifested into a physical presence...much like mist who transparent gas.

The section of the cave they were in seemed to be a study of some kind, with rows of tomes shelved in methodical order and stretching as far as the eyes could see. Though there was lights from multiple sources....the true illumination in the cavern as a while came from a sight of almost mythical proportions.

At the heart of the cavern stood a massive crystalline structure radiating intense energy. Platforms had been built into its sides that ran all the way to its top....where something akin to a chamber rested at its peak. Though the air was heavy with magic, through it they could distinguish something akin to a barrier around the entire mass.

".......Ishtar.....Asha'rah?" A voice suddenly called out to them from nearby. "Is that you? Thank kami....please....I need some help over here...."

It was Etrinas voice.

~~~~

Zaofan came back to his senses at the foot of the crystal structure....mere feet away from the protective barrier. Chrona was sitting nearby, flipping through a book. When the time aspect noticed him...she seemed almost surprised for a moment, before regaining her composure. "Oh hey....Ahhh....Zaofan right? Lo....I mean good to see you got here safe." She clambered over to him.

"Ok....looking good, you still have the magicite right? Well of course you do....if you lost it that quick you'd be hopeless. Anyways...here is your insert point." Chrona pointed her finger to the base of the spire, through the barrier. "No physical body from this point onwards....the entire thing is enchanted to hell and back with protective wards. You step one foot inside there and it would literally dissolve you....even me....hell, especially me. Shes a bit paranoid. But it won't notice a bodyless spirit strapped to some magicite.....see what I'm getting at? You pop your soul in there and I'll handle the delivery."
    Zaofan takes a look around the atmosphere, the spire, the magnificence of it all. In all his travels, he'd never seen anything like this, and rightly so -- all his travels thus far had been on the material plane. This ... realm... or whatever it is, would have a disorienting effect on him for all but a couple moments. He lightly shakes his head. "So, that's what I have to do, eh? Well... *sigh* here goes nothing."
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-16-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Turning 90 degrees away from Eva, Cyanna channeled magical energy through it and activated it.

As the rod transformed into a Prism Trident, Cyanna then slashed the air once before turning back to Eva, "It's a Prism Trident. I can use it as a regular weapon, or I can use it to focus my light magic."

She then held it away from Eva and out into the air beyond the Lookout. As she did, a blast of light shot out from it. Not bright enough to hurt the eyes, or do any damage, just colorful liek a rainbow.

"I held back on that one, Etrina says I need to learn to control it better. If I put too much into the spell, I might blind someone. I'm working on making laser beams and stronger blasts."

She then pointed the Trident downward as she spoke to Eva, "There's something else I'm working on too."

Focusing on the Trident, the three tips glowed with circular spheres of light. The balls of light then floated up and changed shape...

turning into butterflies.

Cyanna smiled, "Their just light images now, but I'm working on making them more solid. Maybe even more like Etrina's Pixies."

The butterflies fluttered around Eva and Cyanna for a while, before eventually fading away.
    Eva laughed, delightedly, and she produces sever butterflies of her own to dance around them.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva laughed, delightedly, and she produces sever butterflies of her own to dance around them.
    Her eyes light up as she watches her butterflies dance with Eva's. Smiling broadly at first, Cyanna's smile fades as her butterflies fade, "I wish I could make them as well as you can. Mine always fade away after a while."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan takes a look around the atmosphere, the spire, the magnificence of it all. In all his travels, he'd never seen anything like this, and rightly so -- all his travels thus far had been on the material plane. This ... realm... or whatever it is, would have a disorienting effect on him for all but a couple moments. He lightly shakes his head. "So, that's what I have to do, eh? Well... *sigh* here goes nothing."
    "Alright....just close your eyes and count backward from 10 and before you know it..." Without even waiting for him to start, Chrona triggered the magicite. A flash of magic engulfed Zaofans body, then contracted in before being consumed by the shard of crystal.

His soulless body flopped forward, but before it could land into a particularly painful face plant on the floor she froze time around it.

".....Uhh....hmm.....well, he'll walk it off...." Chrona chuckled quietly, picking the shard up and examining it closely. "....*sigh*.....I suppose this is it...."

"Yes, I suppose is it..." Chrona answered her own question.

The Chrona holding Zaofan Gem tilted her head back to address the Chrona now leaning against the wall behind her.

"Well hello there beautiful."

"Not looking too shabby yourself for an old hag."

~~~

Zaofan floated in a deep darkness, the bottom of a great ocean. There was no need for breath, no great pressure....just a feeling of overwhelming depth. For a moment, he felt like something familiar was holding him....large, yet gentle. Then reality snapped back into focus and his world became one of light...

....he was in a grassy meadow, surrounded by hedge walls. A overwhelming sense of peace prevailed here...wherever he was.

A small child with dark hair played among the grass in front of him, but beyond her there was nobody else...and his senses didn't reach very far. The girl paused upon noticing his arrival...then strolled up to him with a look of curiosity.

"Hey Mister.....Hey....Whatcha doing? You lost?" The girl looked up at him while she fidgeted around with a clumsy smile.

Her eyes light up as she watches her butterflies dance with Eva's. Smiling broadly at first, Cyanna's smile fades as her butterflies fade, "I wish I could make them as well as you can. Mine always fade away after a while."
    “Then you shall practice. Mine can deliver messages for me. I want you to practice as best you can, and then we can use them to talk to each other.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Alright....just close your eyes and count backward from 10 and before you know it..." Without even waiting for him to start, Chrona triggered the magicite. A flash of magic engulfed Zaofans body, then contracted in before being consumed by the shard of crystal.

His soulless body flopped forward, but before it could land into a particularly painful face plant on the floor she froze time around it.

".....Uhh....hmm.....well, he'll walk it off...." Chrona chuckled quietly, picking the shard up and examining it closely. "....*sigh*.....I suppose this is it...."

"Yes, I suppose is it..." Chrona answered her own question.

The Chrona holding Zaofan Gem tilted her head back to address the Chrona now leaning against the wall behind her.

"Well hello there beautiful."

"Not looking too shabby yourself for an old hag."

~~~

Zaofan floated in a deep darkness, the bottom of a great ocean. There was no need for breath, no great pressure....just a feeling of overwhelming depth. For a moment, he felt like something familiar was holding him....large, yet gentle. Then reality snapped back into focus and his world became one of light...

....he was in a grassy meadow, surrounded by hedge walls. A overwhelming sense of peace prevailed here...wherever he was.

A small child with dark hair played among the grass in front of him, but beyond her there was nobody else...and his senses didn't reach very far. The girl paused upon noticing his arrival...then strolled up to him with a look of curiosity.

"Hey Mister.....Hey....Whatcha doing? You lost?" The girl looked up at him while she fidgeted around with a clumsy smile.
    Zaofan's eyes widen in panic. His legs bend down just to prevent his body from collapsing out of shock. He looks around frantically and repeatedly, until he can begin process everything. The grass, the structures, the oncoming feeling of serenity in such a place...

But he looks down, and recoils again, one foot off the ground, one arm covering his chest and pointed behind. "YAAHHH!" He takes a moment to realize that this little girl was simply asking a question, and he lowers his reflexive defenses. "Wha-- Who are y-- wait." His head points left and right as he brings his hand to his throat. "My voice. My voice!" He repeats himself in different pitches -- first at a high pitch- "MY VOICE!!!" and again with timber and deep bass: "MY VOIIIICE!!!"

Yes, out of all the magic and dimensions and crystal structures and deep blackness and eldritch encounters thus far, Zaofan testing the status of his throat would be one of the weirdest things there.

He clears his throat, instinctually and reflexively, as a force of habit, despite leaving his body behind with Chrona. "Ahem. Sorry about that. This is all... this is all very new to... -- okay, where am I? And who are you?"

“Then you shall practice. Mine can deliver messages for me. I want you to practice as best you can, and then we can use them to talk to each other.”
    With a nod and a determined smile, "I will. I'll practice as often as I can, when I'm not doing homework. Meagan enrolled me in High School back home. I have go back to Chroma soon to be there when classes start. She insisted that I spend a school year 'being a normal teenager'. I guess that could be fun, and it's only about eight months until I graduate." She then thought of something, "Lady Eva, can your butterflies fly all the way to Chroma? It would be so cool if I can talk to you about it, about school and everything. Meagan's working on her own college degree, so she get's a bit grumpy when she's studying."

Retired Overlord

Zaofan's eyes widen in panic. His legs bend down just to prevent his body from collapsing out of shock. He looks around frantically and repeatedly, until he can begin process everything. The grass, the structures, the oncoming feeling of serenity in such a place...

But he looks down, and recoils again, one foot off the ground, one arm covering his chest and pointed behind. "YAAHHH!" He takes a moment to realize that this little girl was simply asking a question, and he lowers his reflexive defenses. "Wha-- Who are y-- wait." His head points left and right as he brings his hand to his throat. "My voice. My voice!" He repeats himself in different pitches -- first at a high pitch- "MY VOICE!!!" and again with timber and deep bass: "MY VOIIIICE!!!"
    "Your voice!" The little girl repeats as if this had been some invitation for her to join in.

Yes, out of all the magic and dimensions and crystal structures and deep blackness and eldritch encounters thus far, Zaofan testing the status of his throat would be one of the weirdest things there.

He clears his throat, instinctually and reflexively, as a force of habit, despite leaving his body behind with Chrona. "Ahem. Sorry about that. This is all... this is all very new to... -- okay, where am I? And who are you?"
    "Ahahaha.....your pretty funny." The girl giggles with a hand over her mouth, curved into a mischievous smile. "Your new huh? That's great! It was a while since we had a new person come here....and now we've had two in one day."

The girl pointed to herself. "My name is Elisa...I'm a mage, and I turned 711 this month. I guess since mom and dad aren't here to greet you....you must be a surprise addition. Welcome to Haven!"

"Your voice!" The little girl repeats as if this had been some invitation for her to join in.

"Ahahaha.....your pretty funny." The girl giggles with a hand over her mouth, curved into a mischievous smile. "Your new huh? That's great! It was a while since we had a new person come here....and now we've had two in one day."

The girl pointed to herself. "My name is Elisa...I'm a mage, and I turned 711 this month. I guess since mom and dad aren't here to greet you....you must be a surprise addition. Welcome to Haven!"
    Zaofan's right eyebrow goes up after hearing everything she has to say. "Seven-eleven, eh? Well, that's convenient. Did you say 'Heaven?' No, wait -- you said 'Haven.' Alright, alright."

He looks around again, still trying to ascertain his surroundings. "...wait, what do you mean you've had two new people? Who's the other?"

"... and who are your parents?" he asks, tilting his face away but maintaining eye contact with her nonetheless.

With a nod and a determined smile, "I will. I'll practice as often as I can, when I'm not doing homework. Meagan enrolled me in High School back home. I have go back to Chroma soon to be there when classes start. She insisted that I spend a school year 'being a normal teenager'. I guess that could be fun, and it's only about eight months until I graduate." She then thought of something, "Lady Eva, can your butterflies fly all the way to Chroma? It would be so cool if I can talk to you about it, about school and everything. Meagan's working on her own college degree, so she get's a bit grumpy when she's studying."
    “Of course they can. Well, once I do this.”

A thin thread of magic drifts out from Eva, encircles Cyanna, and then fades.

“Now we are linked and they can find you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Of course they can. Well, once I do this.”

A thin thread of magic drifts out from Eva, encircles Cyanna, and then fades.

“Now we are linked and they can find you.”
    As she holds her staff in one hand, the other reaches up as if to try and touch the magic thread, looking at it wide eyed and smiling. She then gives Eva a big hug, "You're the best! I can't wait to try it out."

Retired Overlord

Zaofan's right eyebrow goes up after hearing everything she has to say. "Seven-eleven, eh? Well, that's convenient. Did you say 'Heaven?' No, wait -- you said 'Haven.' Alright, alright."

He looks around again, still trying to ascertain his surroundings. "...wait, what do you mean you've had two new people? Who's the other?"

"... and who are your parents?" he asks, tilting his face away but maintaining eye contact with her nonetheless.
    "Well....your one." The girl said, pointing at him.

"...and the other is a blonde lady....about this high..." The girl got up on her toes. "....her name was Etrina. Her mom and dad already brought her home with the others. Hmmm....do you know her?" The girl looked at him curiously, then smiled again. "People who come in so close together tend to be related...mostly its just people from my family, but you don't have the same look.....Oh well...."

The girl nodded, but at his second question she paused. "...Err...my parents........they aren't here. Mom and Dad are just the names we use for the ones who watch over Haven. They're like servants....only they also make sure nobody causes any problems here....so they're also like guard dogs. My mommy and daddy never made it here......" The girl stared over at the center of the field. "......she told me she'd find them one day.....but I guess she's still looking."

"Annnyways.....Since your new, I gotta take you to mom and dad so they can size you up." The little girl held out her hand. "C'mon, the maze is pretty big so you'll need a guide. My father showed me the way."

"Well....your one." The girl said, pointing at him.

"...and the other is a blonde lady....about this high..." The girl got up on her toes. "....her name was Etrina. Her mom and dad already brought her home with the others. Hmmm....do you know her?" The girl looked at him curiously, then smiled again. "People who come in so close together tend to be related...mostly its just people from my family, but you don't have the same look.....Oh well...."

The girl nodded, but at his second question she paused. "...Err...my parents........they aren't here. Mom and Dad are just the names we use for the ones who watch over Haven. They're like servants....only they also make sure nobody causes any problems here....so they're also like guard dogs. My mommy and daddy never made it here......" The girl stared over at the center of the field. "......she told me she'd find them one day.....but I guess she's still looking."

"Annnyways.....Since your new, I gotta take you to mom and dad so they can size you up." The little girl held out her hand. "C'mon, the maze is pretty big so you'll need a guide. My father showed me the way."
    "Well, I do pride myself on being somewhat unique compared to others. But in a place like this? It seems that I would need a guide anyway. This is all unique to *me*," he says. At least Chrona sent him on the right track if Etrina came through here. "I'm Zaofan, by the way -- Elisa, was it? Lead on."

As they proceed, he asks her, "Elisa -- you're so similarly named to Etrina and my friend Erosa. Any relation to them?"

As she holds her staff in one hand, the other reaches up as if to try and touch the magic thread, looking at it wide eyed and smiling. She then gives Eva a big hug, "You're the best! I can't wait to try it out."
    She hugs back.

“Study hard, my dear. But don’t forget to have some fun too.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She hugs back.

“Study hard, my dear. But don’t forget to have some fun too.”
    Ending the hug, "I will. Have some others I need to say goodby to, though I'm sure I'll be back once school is over." Cyanna then bowed to her, before running off with a wave.