Page 204 of 782 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi arrives shortly after on a Capsule ship, Meagan riding with him.

“We can begin soon” he calls out as he leaves the vehicle, sack over his shoulder.

Meanwhile Kai reappears from within the Lookout and just sighs.

“Good. Eva can take her place back soon. As much fun as training Praxat has been, I still think I would prefer her here.”
    In the back of his mind even as he and the others attempted to reason futilely with the volatile Majinin their midst, Ochazuke remained aware of the familiar gathered globes on the premises.

Had it truly been a year already? The Champion's dynasty crumbled, the Raiders retreated, and the Parasite shout within its garbled thought-projections a warning to come. Could it be this Saiyan-Slayer was connected somehow?

The one who bent fate to whim shall now have hers averted, he mused, his thoughts on the pending resurrection of Evangeline. But this battle is not just the Guardian's charge to bear.

He turned from Sasheem for a moment and cast his gaze around the Lookout.

Totoma where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "What Sasheem deserves is a feast and a little fun," Sasheem retorted, looking at the Oni irritably. "Not too much to ask, but you people like to make things difficult. But, don't worry. The Greater Annihilator will one day have his Day of Destruction!"
    "I owe you some pie, at the very least. A promise offered, is one kept." Ishtar relented, "as to the feast however ... I would suggest earning such a thing."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke exhaled slowly, fell his eyelids heavily in a long blink, and loosened his arms to his sides.

"Listen to yourself," he said. "As ever you're a child of the moment without a thought to the future."

He took a half pace ahead, sliding a lead left foot forward. How does one reason with impulse surrendered to appetite?

"As ever your existence is held fast to..." knuckles popped from a bound fist at his side, "...consumption. Where has that gotten you, "Greater Annihilator", that you've returned here to sow your folly? If you destroy everything, where then is your feast, where is your fun?"
    Ishtar offered the grim Ochazuke a small smile, as the former announced his presence in his ever direct manner of confronting someone on their claim.

And so taking a moment, the golden-eyed Oni offered her brother in arms a small smile.

"It is good to see you, Ochazuke."

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam walks up next to Sarada and Ishtar, regarding Sasheem. "Take it from another omnimorphic mimic, the Majin did not kill P-Sta, not in a traditional sense. The officer was...consumed, absorbed I would wager, he is part of Sasheem now. As for his aspirations, he shows his ignorance. If there was a divine being who's sole purpose was destruction, how do any planets still exist? If he attains his goal he would find his freedom curtailed to the point of nonexistence, only being let off his leash to destroy only as much as his masters allow before being put away again. A glorified weapon, a tool."
    Ishtar considered what Adam had to say about what happened to P-Sta, and while it was ... unfortunate she didn't much care beyond that. What was of more interest however, was the humanoid's assessment of the Majin's goal.

A thing she could certainly offer insight into.

"He misunderstands the position, besides." Ishtar replied then, after a moments' deliberation.

"The God of Destruction is an arbiter of balance. Tasked with assessing all things that exist, in time, to weigh them against the equilibrium they are tasked to maintain. Should such be found wanting. It is erased, wholly, and replaced with something new, but the Destroyer's counterpart." The Oni explained. "Which is why Sasheem's aim is ... as ignorant as his comments. His wanton destruction would see to his demise at the hands of the holder of the title he wishes to take. Nothing more." The Oni sighed, then, before shrugging her shoulders.

"That he does not understand is of little difference, however. The next in line for the title has already been chosen ... He can thrash about all he wants."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley listened to the back and forth between those with reason and something resembling intelligence and the Majin, who lacked both. Specifically, she listened to Ishtar explain what this so-called "God of Destruction" was. It was, evidently, an arbiter of balance in the universe. When something skewed the balance too far one way or the other, this being erased it completely, making way for its counterpart -- she assumed that would mean God of Creation -- to make something new in its place.

It was a simple, yet effective system. In theory, anyway.

That Sasheem believed that the Destroyer's role was to, well, destroy wantonly showed his ignorance and lack of foresight. If he attempted such, as Ishtar said, he would himself be destroyed, the "Greater Annihilator" subjected to his own desired station in life.

Such was the bane of fools -- to have their inane, impossible dreams dashed almost instantly by even a modicum of logic and common sense. When dealing with a creature as simple-minded as Sasheem, however, they might as well have been attempting to reason with a brick wall.

Pride was the stumbling block that tripped the haughty, she was told by that annoying human martial artist. She learned that lesson the hard way. Sasheem, she would make certain, would suffer the same fate. Because she was petty and because he annoyed her, she would hope it costed him his life.

Beyond all of this, however, was that Ishtar was so knowledgeable of this role of the Destroyer. She was ancient, that much Parsley learned from being in her presence for an extended period of time. Yet, even if she was, that shouldn't have allowed her the knowledge of those who stood about mere mortals, right?

Such intimate knowledge should have only belonged to those who were in close association with such a being, or those in line to become such themselves. That Sarada declared that she would help the person destined to take this mantle confirmed it. Ishtar was to transcend all that this mortal coil had to offer and ascend to divinity.

How curious that my sister would allow someone she is so loves to ascend beyond her comprehension. Even more curious is that it's evidently possible for mortals to attain divinity. Hm. I wonder if one such as I can become a god.

She could have asked, but she was certain her sister wouldn't let her within a hundred feet of her beloved pet. Hrm. I suppose I'll have to ask someone else.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 08-13-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    at the Lookout Praxat is in stance and is looking up at the sky saying " while training with Kai I been develop this technique for the past months." " I think my new technique Hyper Charge is ready for is prime debut." Praxat sends a surge of Ki though her body and coverts it into electricity . surround her body in a electric Aura saying " Okay even though I develop this technique I have taking for a test drive yet."

Praxat test drives her new Technique and ends up fall off the lookout before even when she tires to stop , but avoids plummet to the ground by using her Ki to fly saying" shit that was close I could have plummet to the ground ." " good thing I learn how to fly." " still the speed boost from my Hyper Charge technique is more than I expected!" "way more, I never went that fast before and it was amazing."

"to experience such a speed is thrilling , I never went this fast when I was going train from Kai." " still back then I was still developing this technique. " " this is the first time I test driving it, but I 'm sure I'll get the hang of it." "Yeah I say that this test run of my new technique Hyper Charge was mostly a success expect for the stopping part."

Praxat reverts her Ki back to normal and looks up at the sky saying " I hope Kai was watching I wonder what he thinks of my technique I developed." " I needs to see Meagan again so I can show her my techniques include this one." " more stronger than I was months go , but still I was able to stop myself from going off the lookout when I used my new technique." "there's a control problem but it's probably cause I'm not use to going at such a speed."

Praxat walks around the lookout saying " hey Kai where you watching me demonstrated the new technique I developed ?"
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Praxat walks around the lookout saying " hey Kai where you watching me demonstrated the new technique I developed ?"
    Hopping over to her, "Your a frog, aren't you?" Cyanna asked looking very curious, her hands behind her back, and her body and head moving from one side to another as she looked the new person over.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The frog girl seemed to be looking for Ronin. Sarada figured he had been training her so she could be up to snuff when she and the others finally reappeared. From the feel of it, she must have started pretty low on the totem pole, as she was still a distance behind the rest of them.

One of Meagan's people was already appraising the frog, so Sarada decided she would bestow this person the honor of being in the presence of royalty. Not that she mentioned it yet, but still.

She walked over and looked the frog up and down, arms folded. "And you are?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I suppose I do. I wonder wh-"

Turning away from Sasheem before she could finish speaking, Ishtar looked at Kai. If the theory held true, that meant they had been gone seven years, and while they may have been functionally immortal, seven years was not an insignificant amount of time for a child.

"And they have not come out ? Have you tried retrieving them ?"
    “Oh no, I did. I went in and spoke to Ereshkigal. She kindly spoke back, in an unimpressed voice that was not her own, that there was something wrong with the Room and that a novice Guardian like me would get torn apart or go mad before I could fix it. She’s apparently fixing it before anyone if you go inside. Apparently the...time...flux.....is not working.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The frog girl seemed to be looking for Ronin. Sarada figured he had been training her so she could be up to snuff when she and the others finally reappeared. From the feel of it, she must have started pretty low on the totem pole, as she was still a distance behind the rest of them.

One of Meagan's people was already appraising the frog, so Sarada decided she would bestow this person the honor of being in the presence of royalty. Not that she mentioned it yet, but still.

She walked over and looked the frog up and down, arms folded. "And you are?"
    "Hey, don't you think you should introduce yourself first?" Cyanna spoke with a huff, then looked embarrased, "Oh, right, I shoudl have done the same."

Ignoring Sarada, Cyanna spoke to Praxit, "Hi, I'm Cyanna Tur'quoise."

“Oh no, I did. I went in and spoke to Ereshkigal. She kindly spoke back, in an unimpressed voice that was not her own, that there was something wrong with the Room and that a novice Guardian like me would get torn apart or go mad before I could fix it. She’s apparently fixing it before anyone if you go inside. Apparently the...time...flux.....is not working.”
    "And it's taking them 7 days, which equals 7 years, to do it?" Meagan sounded skeptical.

Duplicate Post

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    'Higher purpose.' Ochazuke slowly turned from the Wolf and looked to the abandoned structure behind him. A cultivated labour of a thousand hands raised in devotion to an ideal now lay barren, hidden even under the snows of this frozen land as if it had never existed. The monument so raised in the ice lay abandoned, tended to only by its totemic spirit left to contemplate the fading memory as it too was slowly swallowed by the ice.

Is that what you called it, o Master of Masters?

Hearing Mara's words of the subject only incited a deep exhale through clenched teeth, burning white-hot in the dead air of the glacier shrine. The breath of the common legacy Ochazuke held within him burned. It seemed as if the answer lay on a higher plane. In an ever familiar story, their progenitor had sought to go beyond and left the rest behind him to suffer. As the planet turned beneath their feet swiftly approaching its hour of ruin, Ochazuke did not share his companions' sense of discovery; rather, a low, familiar ache rose in his heart, the length of regret tinting the bloodshed ever more starkly in the echo of his memory, stoking the fire within him.

"I shall as well."

Ironically, he found he had no choice in the matter but for the duty that fell on his shoulders as a pursuant of the truth behind their shared history. For who hears the whispers of the dead but those willing to listen?

Casting his view to the glacier, it seemed to the breadth of his sense that what dwelt within had fallen silent. Now the memory bequeathed to them had been given new life through the three of them, and the spirit of the Wolf moved along theirs.

"A patron deity, Zaofan?" Ochazuke's grim countenance betrayed no emotion as he slowly came to terms with what they'd just learned. "You forget yourself."

Moments later, Ochazuke landed next to the other two having flown at his own pace behind them.

"I don't know what you were thinking," he chuckled, "especially you, Balon, that you would attempt a master's work before grasping the foundation."

As he landed his arms were folded, and the wrappings on his hands were damaged and blackened.

"Moreover, what time do you think we have that Jagam will not be the end of it?"
    “You are my students. You are the students of the Five Schools. You two are now the inheritors of Zxu’ro’s legacy. I have seen no finger fighters who’s spirits burn as brightly. I have no doubt you shall both prevail.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "And it's taking them 7 days, which equals 7 years, to do it?" Meagan sounded skeptical.
    He shakes his head.

“The Time flux isn’t working. Time is passing normally inside.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

At hearing this, Ishtar sighed.

At the least it meant that nothing was specifically wrong, beyond the fact that Ereshkigal found herself still possessed by whatever it was who had wished it so. That it seemed ... helpful, too was of some small comfort. Though, the matter of the time being off-kilter inside the Room was of note ... though, perhaps not as much as would be thought. Zurvan had yet to make an appearance after all, which meant that regardless of the size of the disturbance, it was not such that posed a threat to the main timeline.

"I see. Then I suppose all we have to do then, is wait. Though perhaps ... I am not a novice guardian," Ishtar said then to Kai, "and much like Ereshkigal and Nunlil, I am not at risk of suffering the effects of fractured time. Perhaps I should check on them ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Hey, don't you think you should introduce yourself first?" Cyanna spoke with a huff, then looked embarrased, "Oh, right, I shoudl have done the same."

Ignoring Sarada, Cyanna spoke to Praxit, "Hi, I'm Cyanna Tur'quoise."
    Before Sarada could reply with indifference, Parsley strolled over to the three. Curiosity over what and who this frog girl was overcame her as well, it seem. "Careful, girl. You're in the presence of royalty. It would be a shame if you were to be executed simply because you spoke to her so casually," the elder Saiyan sister spoke smoothly. "They do that, you know. Punish children like yourself who don't know the proper manner with which to speak to a Queen."

Sarada gave Parsley a withering glare, to which she offered a thin, clearly fake, smile.

"Don't listen to her... Cyanna, was it? I'm not that kind of Queen."

"Yet."

"I'm... Queen Sarada, and this is my sister, Princess Parsley." She said it with such dignified decor that it was sure to have gotten completely underneath Parsley's skin. One glance and she couldn't tell, which meant it had.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam walks up next to Sarada and Ishtar, regarding Sasheem. "Take it from another omnimorphic mimic, the Majin did not kill P-Sta, not in a traditional sense. The officer was...consumed, absorbed I would wager, he is part of Sasheem now. As for his aspirations, he shows his ignorance. If there was a divine being who's sole purpose was destruction, how do any planets still exist? If he attains his goal he would find his freedom curtailed to the point of nonexistence, only being let off his leash to destroy only as much as his masters allow before being put away again. A glorified weapon, a tool."
    Kai nods.

“Adam is correct. The path Sasheem seeks will not end the way he thinks it will. Especially when he finds out Gods if Destruction are bound forever with the life force of a Supreme Kai. If one dies, the other dies.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM