Page 646 of 782 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696746 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The MMM seems to been blushing under his mask as Candy floats into the arena, dress barely covering certain areas.

When the bell rings, she immediacy begins casting, hands going in quick arcane gestures that cause things to...bounce...and the MMM misses his charge, face blushing hard under his mask.

She gestures and speaks an arcane word, and green chains appear to wrap around the MMM. He shouts in surprise, and with an aura flare bursts free of them. He fires two white energy blasts at her, but Candy laughs throaty and flies up, kicking both attacks away. Again, the MMm can’t seem to keep his eyes on her.

She disappears and then there are four of her, all moving around and distracting the MMM, who cannot seem to keep his eyes on anything.

“How cruel! Justice distracted by such...such....scantilyness! Have you no shame!?”

The four laugh before two cast another spell, the arena suddenly jerking away and disappearing from under the MMm, who cries out and flies upward, only to go face first into one of the Candy’s assets. Mortified and stammering apologies, he doesn’t see a wicked magic hammer appear and slam into him from behind right in the head, sending him flying sideways and out of the ring.

Candy wins.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Thank you, my friend," Blizzar stated, making a mental note to call over a waiter sooner or later. For now the fight at hand..."Hmm an interesting matchup. From her garb alone, I assume this Candy is a wielder of magic? As for this mystery man..." Blizzar shrugged. "Well, he certainly seems strong."

Blizzar tool a read of the fighter's power levels. He couldn't get a read at all on Candy's, though he wasn't sure it mattered much when it came to magic. And the Maskes Man seemed as if he was suppressing his.

"Perhaps we should bet against the house?" Blizzar asked his compatriots, with a jovial laugh...he was dead serious, though. This was where the real fight was as far as he was concerned. "Held...who would you place your bets on?"
    The next fight is over before the betting can start. Incenio laughs.

“You have to be quick my friend. Looks like Deathstalker and Toadil are next. That one should be interesting. I’m wagering 100,000 on Deathstalker myself.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

“You have to be quick my friend. Looks like Deathstalker and Toadil are next. That one should be interesting. I’m wagering 100,000 on Deathstalker myself.”
    "Ah so, it seems!" If Blizzar was starting to get irritated, and he was a little, he didn't show it. "The Todian clearly is superior in the physical strength, but will he be fast enough to stop any attacks from this Deathstalker? Honestly, I'd put my money on Deathstalker as well..." he mused as a waiter strolled over, a tablet-looking device in hand. "Place our bets on these, do we?" Blizzar noted, before entering his own.

"Ah so, it seems!" If Blizzar was starting to get irritated, and he was a little, he didn't show it. "The Todian clearly is superior in the physical strength, but will he be fast enough to stop any attacks from this Deathstalker? Honestly, I'd put my money on Deathstalker as well..." he mused as a waiter strolled over, a tablet-looking device in hand. "Place our bets on these, do we?" Blizzar noted, before entering his own.
    Incenio nods.

“Indeed. Don’t worry, I’ve signaled them to give us a bit of time between matches to clean the arena and place bets and whatnot.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada laughed. "That clown lost because he's never seen a pair of tiddies before. Hahahaha!" As funny as that was, if she went up against Candy later in the tournament, she was going to be a problem. Though, she felt she had a counter.

The next fight was going to be the last of her possible opponents in the semifinals, if she made it that far. Like with the others, she paid close attention the Deathstalker and the giant Toadian.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Held sighed slghtly, scratching his head as he reclined on the ornate couch beneath him. "I guess it's not too surprising, from one point of view....With so many talented warriors on par with one another, I had expected these to be Ling drawn out battles, but life is unpredictable, eh?"

I guess I can't complain. In love and war, if you're not cheating, you're not trying, I suppose.

"Still, I was hoping I'd get time to at least put my bet down...Or at least get enough time to get a bead on what the people feel..."

He laughed, before drinking deeply from the gauntlet next to him.

"Reading the odds are great and all, but there are certain things that you can only sense from seeing the people with your own eyes. "

He glanced at the tablet used to make bets.

"Still, no place is perfect. I guess I'll just have to find a way to make it more worth my while.."

He pursed his lips.

"100,000...Eh. I normally prefer to use manlier numbers myself, but I suppose it's a good warm up...."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held sighed slghtly, scratching his head as he reclined on the ornate couch beneath him. "I guess it's not too surprising, from one point of view....With so many talented warriors on par with one another, I had expected these to be Ling drawn out battles, but life is unpredictable, eh?"

I guess I can't complain. In love and war, if you're not cheating, you're not trying, I suppose.

"Still, I was hoping I'd get time to at least put my bet down...Or at least get enough time to get a bead on what the people feel..."

"Reading the odds are great and all, but there are certain things that you can only sense from seeing the people with your own eyes. "

"Still, no place is perfect. I guess I'll just have to find a way to make it more worth my while.."

He pursed his lips.

"100,000...Eh. I normally prefer to use manlier numbers myself, but I suppose it's a good warm up...."
    Incenio quirks a brow.

“Indeed? Hmm, very well then. I’ll raise mine on the next match, I’ll do 500,000 on Titanus vs this ‘Queen Sarada’.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 02-20-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Incenio quirks a brow.

“Indeed? Hmm, very well then. I’ll raise mine on the next match, I’ll do 500,000 on Titanus vs this ‘Queen Sarada’.”
    "That's the spirit!" Held exclaimed, slamming his goblet downwards, laughing as purple contents of the container swashed back and forth, threatening to escape onto the table. "I'm glad you're the type of person who knows how to live. What's the point of betting if it doesn't get your blood flowing?"

Held grinned slightly, before taking a deep breath. He covered his mouth for several moments, before removing his hand.

"My apologies." He explained, his arrogant smile replaced by a smirk, with the same sentiment simmering beneath the surface. He glanced at Blizzar.

"My friend thinks I have a problem...Although I don't know why he'd enable me like this if he feels so strongly about that.."

He muttered to Himself, "Well, you've taken deathstalker, I suppose I can't talk so big, only to copy your choice, can I?" He punched a name on the tablet, "I suppose I'll take the opposite...This time, atleast."

He shrugged, before returning his attention to his company.

"...He's not wrong though, I suppose. I'd probably bet my life under the right circumstances."

He pursed his lips.

Incenio quirks a brow.

Incenio seemed like one to up the stakes when challenged. Good on Held for managing to fish that out of him. Now they only needed to us either against him. "Is that all, Incenio, old boy?" Blizzar chuckled. "For the next bout, I'm placing 1,000,000 on this 'Queen Sarada' character."

"Just don't disappoint me, Saiyan..."

"That's the spirit!" Held exclaimed, slamming his goblet downwards, laughing as purple contents of the container swashed back and forth, threatening to escape onto the table. "I'm glad you're the type of person who knows how to live. What's the point of betting if it doesn't get your blood flowing?"

Held grinned slightly, before taking a deep breath. He covered his mouth for several moments, before removing his hand.

"My apologies." He explained, his arrogant smile replaced by a smirk, with the same sentiment simmering beneath the surface. He glanced at Blizzar.

"My friend thinks I have a problem...Although I don't know why he'd enable me like this if he feels so strongly about that.."
    Blizzar closed his eyes and chuckled slightly. "A problem you may have, but you're one of my only associates who truly appreciates the fine art of risktaking."

He muttered to Himself, "Well, you've taken deathstalker, I suppose I can't talk so big, only to copy your choice, can I?" He punched a name on the tablet, "I suppose I'll take the opposite...This time, atleast."

He shrugged, before returning his attention to his company.

"...He's not wrong though, I suppose. I'd probably bet my life under the right circumstances."
    "Well, it's certainly a good thing that it hasn't come to that yet, has it?" Blizzar shrugged, in a mildly smug tone. "How much did you put down on the big amphibian, my friend?" The Arcosian inquired.

Default Back on the Lookout

There is no great surge. There is no great flash.

Once the door is open, white light shines and consumes, and then........

Ishtar opens her eyes and finds herself back on the Lookout. There is.....a fullness, within her. An itch now scratched. A final piece now found. She is stronger too. Her power level rising significantly as the Hakai settles within her, warm and potent.

Zurvan nods.
    In the end, it was over swiftly. There was no sound. No surging strength that Ishtar felt when she threw wide the gates and took what had been concealed from her. Simply a warmth, and the feeling of being now made whole ... and how bittersweet a thing that was.

When she bothered to open her eyes then, Ishtar found that the monochrome of the mental landscape had fallen away; the purpose of its existence served, and the Lookout -- along with those who had remained behind -- were all that remained. Including Zurvan, and despite having already offered the bitter truth of things it seemed there was more yet for him to say.

“You have been manipulated, Ishar. For that I am truely sorry, and it shall be a regret I bear for the rest of my life. You deserved better from me. But even though you have your Hakai now, understand something: you do not have to be the new GoD. That choice is now truely yours. Embracing the Hakai does not mean you are bound it it’s service. You are now the master of your fate and may choose as you will. Sihn, myself, even your mother has no say or sway anymore.”

He bows deeply.

“I hope you can forgive me one day, daughter, for what I have done.”
    And in hearing what he had to say, Ishtar found herself ... indifferent.

The damage was done, after all. She had been manipulated. Nothing said, or offered from this point would change that. Nor did expressing that it was for her to decide how to proceed, help. She knew that. Could feel it even now, as her 'destiny' coursed through her; no longer sealed and stymying. The choice was hers, and those would have once held sway were left nothing but the option to accept it. Yet the choice itself, was not much of one was it ...

A sardonic chuckle escaped Ishtar's lips, when she finally saw fit to respond.

"Some choice I have before me, hm ? To turn my back, and prove myself no better than the Gods I so despise ... or continue on this path that was never truly mine, by choice." The golden-eyed Oni stated, more to herself than for the benefit of anyone, before looking over at Zurvan. "I suppose however, that makes all the difference ... knowing."

A moment passed in silence then, Ishtar staring at her father as she seemed to consider something, before her shoulders slumped and the silence was broken with a sigh. "And try as I might, I see no point of blaming you." The glowing-horn Oni, stated, making her decision in that regard known.

"Doing so does not change what is, nor does it assist what needs to come." Though there was another reason why, she could not find it within herself to hold this misstep against Zurvan.

"You were also, at the least ... a father to me, when I had no one else. " Ishtar added, "and I value that, more than thoughts of what could have been." All she had to say now offered, an awkward silence settled as the Oni shifted uncomfortably, only for her to once again be the one to break it.

"So ... is there anything else you might wish to discuss ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In the end, it was over swiftly. There was no sound. No surging strength that Ishtar felt when she threw wide the gates and took what had been concealed from her. Simply a warmth, and the feeling of being now made whole ... and how bittersweet a thing that was.

When she bothered to open her eyes then, Ishtar found that the monochrome of the mental landscape had fallen away; the purpose of its existence served, and the Lookout -- along with those who had remained behind -- were all that remained. Including Zurvan, and despite having already offered the bitter truth of things it seemed there was more yet for him to say.

And in hearing what he had to say, Ishtar found herself ... indifferent.

The damage was done, after all. She had been manipulated. Nothing said, or offered from this point would change that. Nor did expressing that it was for her to decide how to proceed, help. She knew that. Could feel it even now, as her 'destiny' coursed through her; no longer sealed and stymying. The choice was hers, and those would have once held sway were left nothing but the option to accept it. Yet the choice itself, was not much of one was it ...

A sardonic chuckle escaped Ishtar's lips, when she finally saw fit to respond.

"Some choice I have before me, hm ? To turn my back, and prove myself no better than the Gods I so despise ... or continue on this path that was never truly mine, by choice." The golden-eyed Oni stated, more to herself than for the benefit of anyone, before looking over at Zurvan. "I suppose however, that makes all the difference ... knowing."

A moment passed in silence then, Ishtar staring at her father as she seemed to consider something, before her shoulders slumped and the silence was broken with a sigh. "And try as I might, I see no point of blaming you." The glowing-horn Oni, stated, making her decision in that regard known.

"Doing so does not change what is, nor does it assist what needs to come." Though there was another reason why, she could not find it within herself to hold this misstep against Zurvan.

"You were also, at the least ... a father to me, when I had no one else. " Ishtar added, "and I value that, more than thoughts of what could have been." All she had to say now offered, an awkward silence settled as the Oni shifted uncomfortably, only for her to once again be the one to break it.

"So ... is there anything else you might wish to discuss ?"
    Zurvan quickly wipes away something that might have been a tear and smiles slightly at her.

“No, but the Tournamnet will start soon and perhaps you would like to observe it with myself and the others. Pike, Evangeline, and I have created a means to watch it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

nothing to see here.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Rutaba was visibly confused. Making monthly payments to a reconstruction fund sounded okay, but what did that have to do with staying out of prison? Something didn't sound right, but she wasn't wise enough to figure out how. She glanced at Pinach, who was frowning in thought.

"Okay. Well, ask your boss for a loan or something." She was pretty sure that was how that worked.

"And you should stop hanging around that pirate guy," Pinach added. "They're evil-doers. And evil-doers belong in prison where they can't hurt innocent people anymore!" Because no matter what, breaking the law was wrong. It was there to uphold peace and order; so when people went contrary to that, they were promoting anarchy and chaos. "This Stratovarious guy may have love children, but that doesn't excuse his actions. If he really liked kids, then he'd strive to set a good example for them and be a hero they can look up to, not some... some lawless vigilante."

" Yeah I'll ask Jinzi for a loan since he is my boss. Then I should be in jail as well. I was kind of accomplice to Captain Stratovarius and his crew's crimes since I spent three years with them. I made their gear and did modifications and upgrades to their space ship." Qaztoh said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-22-2019 at 04:39 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Althena writes down note on something that pertains to the Big Papa Toadill and Deathstalker match up on the drawing Big Papa Toadil in her own language and hands it to Blizzar which reads. as a Toadian Big Papa Toadil is actually very resistant to heat since his body has a extremely high resistance to electricity close enough to be pretty much immune to it. the problem for him won't be the heat , It's going to be the side effects of the heat. Also if you're right about this evolution thing then Big Papa Toadil would be far from the strongest of his race here since female Toadians are bigger and stronger than they're male counterparts.

So if he's that big than a female Toadian here would be at least fifty percent bigger or even 100 percent bigger than he is and mostly likely much stronger! Althena cross her arms " I don't do betting Mr. Incenio , I find such a thing not to be honorable!" Althena said
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-21-2019 at 06:15 AM.
    My Forum check it out