Page 278 of 782 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378778 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Old man!" Sasheem exclaimed, walking over to Wilhelm. "You're world just seems to attract bad luck, huh? While Sasheem has to admit, he's extremely interested in what can just absolutely wreck a planet so thoroughly....he's more interested in learning what the deal was with the Majin twins that invaded."
    Wilhelm narrows his eyes, back stiff.

“They came and caused destruction after the Threshlings came. Destroyed one of the planets in the solar system to show their power. Creatures of magic. They....fared poorly by that point against us. Our ability to use anti-magic projectiles wasn’t limited to just rifles. Two tactical anti-magic ballistic warheads detonated over 1000 meters over their heads and reduced them to less than atoms.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Wilhelm picked up the broken data-pad with reverence.

He carefully moves over and places it on a workbench in the back, in hopes of potentially fixing it.

“Please.....be careful. Only copies. Only...., just please. History, only one of my world.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wilhelm narrows his eyes, back stiff.

“They came and caused destruction after the Threshlings came. Destroyed one of the planets in the solar system to show their power. Creatures of magic. They....fared poorly by that point against us. Our ability to use anti-magic projectiles wasn’t limited to just rifles. Two tactical anti-magic ballistic warheads detonated over 1000 meters over their heads and reduced them to less than atoms.”
    Sasheem nodded sagely. "Hmm, only one planet? Sasheem likes their drive. Sadly, they put all their eggs in one basket. Magic alone won't win ya universal annihilation..."

"And speaking of having drive, Sasheem has to say he's impressed with the destructive capabilities of their his planet," Majin stated. "It's like our Earth but better. Filled with even more doomsday devices than one can handle. Say, old man...whatever your name is..." Sasheem asked Wilhelm further. "Seeing as your people were partially responsible for their own demise and leaving you alone for who knows how long....you ever feel the least bit bitter as you're out there scrounging about in the wastes?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem nodded sagely. "Hmm, only one planet? Sasheem likes their drive. Sadly, they put all their eggs in one basket. Magic alone won't win ya universal annihilation..."

"And speaking of having drive, Sasheem has to say he's impressed with the destructive capabilities of their his planet," Majin stated. "It's like our Earth but better. Filled with even more doomsday devices than one can handle. Say, old man...whatever your name is..." Sasheem asked Wilhelm further. "Seeing as your people were partially responsible for their own demise and leaving you alone for who knows how long....you ever feel the least bit bitter as you're out there scrounging about in the wastes?"
    “No.”

He looks at Sasheem, voice firm.

“Bitterness serves nothing. I have my duty, that is enough. For two hundred years or two thousand. My purpose is her protection and survival, I have no time time for bitterness.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

He carefully moves over and places it on a workbench in the back, in hopes of potentially fixing it.

“Please.....be careful. Only copies. Only...., just please. History, only one of my world.”
    Parsley sighed and watched Wilhelm carefully place the broken data pad on a work bench with the futile hope of fixing it. "I'm sorry. It seems some of us have no respect for the possessions of others."

She could examine the rest of the pads, how many ever remained, another time. She walked out and went into the next room.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“No.”

He looks at Sasheem, voice firm.

“Bitterness serves nothing. I have my duty, that is enough. For two hundred years or two thousand. My purpose is her protection and survival, I have no time time for bitterness.”
    "Hey, it worked for Sasheem," the Majin shrugged with a sneering laugh. "But....those were different circumstances, admittedly. Is duty and purpose really enough to drive you to be that dedicated to a goal for two hundred years..."

After her... spat with the insect and Ishtar, Neva began searching the complex. Not for anything in particular, just... anything interesting, or anything that would give her a leg up on her brother. As such, she kept an eye out for any sort of armory. She had been listening to that old man's story from afar--ahh, the wonders of keen hearing--and he had mentioned that the Threshlings of this universe had attempted to invade. While clearly far less capable than the Threshlings of her home universe, that still meant there was probably something in here she could get her hands on. Of course, she would just figure out how it worked and then return it to its resting place.

It was a shame about the data pad, however. Not only because of her intense curiosity about the workings of that rifle, but also because... well, she heard the tone in that man's voice as she left. Though he was not a threshling, she did feel some measure of sympathy for him, being alone all this time. These relics were basically all that he had left. And eventually, these too would break and crumble.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-16-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Retired Overlord

"Excuse me, Wilhelm?" Etrina walked up to the man as he was examining the broken datapad on his desk.She carried the Blue Etrina, pinched and hanging by the back of the neck like some tiny sulking cat. Eyeing the broken datapad on the table, Etrina let out a annoyed sigh. "I see.....so it was true then. Unbelievable."

She lifted out and dropped the foci onto the table. "Whatever your feelings towards the misuse of such information, that datapad was not your property to destory.....apologize to the man for your disrespect."

".....You have my sincerest apologies for the damage I caused....I acted in haste and without proper consideration for your belongings......" The Blue Etrina scratched its tiny arm, and then got down on its hands in a bow of respect. "Forgive me."

"I'm deeply sorry as well, my foci act independently but I still receive certain mental information. Though build on a solid foundation, they are still children with little real world experience.....I ask you not judge it too harshly for its actions." Etrina bowed her head. "....That being said....I can repair your datapad if you wish. In fact....if you have anything else that has been damaged over time I can think of no better way to atone then offering my services."

Picking up the foci by the neck, Etrina then turned to Parsley and let the foci sit on her hand. "......Well?"

The Blue Etrina cringed. ".....Hrrm.....it was wrong of my to break it....but that doesn't change the fa.."

"Weither or not you agree to their line of thinking is irrelevant. They are our allies. We as a group will best decide how to use what we find for the betterment of our group and worlds at large....not dictate who deserves what based on a single ideal. Apologize to the ally whom you disrespected."

"....Geh.......I'm Sorry." The foci stammered and then bowed.

"Good......now then." Etrina plopped the blue foci down next to Parsley. "Parsley was it? I regret that my foci has been an annoyance....and since she has been a hindrance, it only fitting she learn how to be of assistance to you. Consider it an internship, until I retrieve her later you have my permissions to do what you will with her....and you will obey." She cast a soft glare down on the foci, who shuddered.

Ishtar, somewhat annoyed by the constant interruptions, turned to look at Etrina, Wilhelm, Parsley.

"Fix it, and give it to me. I will catalogue the information on this weapon that seems to be so ... sought after, before returning it to the care of Wilhelm. That way we do not risk breaking it, and I can then give it to the Saiyans, and perhaps Nevanlinna should she prove to be less of a warmongering fool as her half-brother, and Anul-"

Ishtar stopped suddenly -- from her sass -- when she saw something she was certain she had never seen before. There, in Parsley's hand, was something that was familiar, and yet very very strange. and ...

"Why is there a tiny, blue, Etrina ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar, somewhat annoyed by the constant interruptions, turned to look at Etrina, Wilhelm, Parsley.

"Fix it, and give it to me. I will catalogue the information on this weapon that seems to be so ... sought after, before returning it to the care of Wilhelm. That way we do not risk breaking it, and I can then give it to the Saiyans, and perhaps Nevanlinna should she prove to be less of a warmongering fool as her half-brother, and Anul-"

Ishtar stopped suddenly -- from her sass -- when she saw something she was certain she had never seen before. There, in Parsley's hand, was something that was familiar, and yet very very strange. and ...

"Hey, what's wrong with Blue?" Cyanna spoke as she reentered the room, "Though if it bothers you so much, I can change her color to anything you like. How about Tangerine Orange?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

"Oh? I thought I showed you this one....Messing with temporal magic is addling my brain it seems." Etrina sighed, then turned and opened her hand to reveal another Etrina, white this time.

"Sup!"

"This is called a Magical Foci. Its a spell I learned from our foray into the library. Its an offshoot of the familiar summon ritual, using a magicite shard core as a base. The core provides the power, I provide the intelligence. Then it acts as a mobile conduit for my spellcasting. Though they are born with general knowledge, the results can be unpredictable.....much like any child. They also act as mobile intelligence gatherers....and they fit into ones pocket."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oh? I thought I showed you this one....Messing with temporal magic is addling my brain it seems." Etrina sighed, then turned and opened her hand to reveal another Etrina, white this time.

"Sup!"

"This is called a Magical Foci. Its a spell I learned from our foray into the library. Its an offshoot of the familiar summon ritual, using a magicite shard core as a base. The core provides the power, I provide the intelligence. Then it acts as a mobile conduit for my spellcasting. Though they are born with general knowledge, the results can be unpredictable.....much like any child. They also act as mobile intelligence gatherers....and they fit into ones pocket."
    "They are very cute. I wish I had one like that, we could be really good friends." Cyanna again, moving in for a closer look.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Hey, what's wrong with Blue?" Cyanna spoke as she reentered the room, "Though if it bothers you so much, I can change her color to anything you like. How about Tangerine Orange?"
    "The color is merely a reflection of the magicite core filtering psychic energy from me. Think of it like a prism. Magicite works incredibly well as both a familiar catalyst and a sort of....soulstone. Its one of the few remaining elements in magic many have barely tapped the potential for."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "They are very cute. I wish I had one like that, we could be really good friends." Cyanna again, moving in for a closer look.
    "Cute?!" The white Etrina pouted like a child. "I aint gonna argue with it....but aren't ya the least bit intimidated too? I'd be in the running for God Destruction any day of the week...only reason I ain't is because Ishy is a friend of the family."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "The color is merely a reflection of the magicite core filtering psychic energy from me. Think of it like a prism. Magicite works incredibly well as both a familiar catalyst and a sort of....soulstone. Its one of the few remaining elements in magic many have barely tapped the potential for."
    "Oh, so it coverts psychic energy into magical energy, and maybe even soul energy. Like what Lady Iris was able to do. There's probably a connection between Magicite and Aethi. I bet Lady Iris knew about Magicite. Might even be a whole book on the subject in her library. Any chance I can find some Magicite?" Cyanna asked hopefully.