Page 373 of 782 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "It looks wonderful Zaofan, you keep exceeding what I had thought most cooks capable of......and I'm sure if you gathered this from Evanelines archive its likely older then both of us put together." Etrina chuckled and took a sip. "...it certainly tastes like it. Let us hope she's merciful when she finds out....I don't think I could afford to replace something like this."

Taking a bite out of some meat, Etrina gives Zaofans question a moments thought. "Well....honestly, that sparring match has put me in a rather interesting mood. I had't original planned to...But I think I'll be putting in some serious training time between now and the next time we get to fight that parsley woman. Did you notice how prideful she is? Not even would she admit we did well when we had her on the ropes.....Honestly.....not that I think she's bad, its just...."

<I wanna grind my heel on her head while she laments a defeat so absolute even she can't brush it off>

"....I kind of want to get a different kind of reaction out of her the next time we spar."

Taking another sip of wine, Etrina rolls it around in the glass and smiles. ".....also....It's been so busy lately.....I think I've neglected Erosa a bit too much. Did you know she is only a year old at this point? I conducted her summoning ritual the day after I turned 19.....so out birthdays are technically around the same time, but I never had a chance to celebrate mine and hers.....well....."

Putting her glass down, Etrina traced a finger along the side of her plate. "Even if its a little belated....I want to give her a proper first year birthday. Like the ones my mother used to plan for me......."
    Napkin on knee and casually taking a bite out of a croissant, Zaofan smiles while taking hold of his orange juice. "Oh ho ho, that begs the question -- what did your Mom do for your birthday? What do you have planned for Erosa?"

He takes a quick sip of juice before grabbing some jam. "That Erosa, let me tell you. Your sister's saved my butt more than once. But it's hard to believe that she's just a year old! I mean, she feels like a kid sister, sure, but one year old?"

He puts his elbows on the table with a big smile and imitates an old man's gravely voice. "Why, when I was HER age...!" he says with a laugh.

Zaofan takes another sip and leans back on his chair. This... Is nice. Between wolf gods and alien conquerers and alternate universes and toilet demons, to be finally able to just sit and relax with Etrina almost makes him forget about the unique lives they lead. Of course, he's having breakfast after sparring with a fighter from another planet, sitting g across from a world class mage with a one year old id that's the size of a fully adult woman in God's kitchen on a floating palace tens of thousands of feet up in the sky. Zaofan is content.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Grunting from the impact, the noise shifted into a snarl of anger as Charco was struck by one of the bullets fired by the Nagadarr Sub-commander. Remaining upright, the youth was pushed back a foot before the momentum ceased. By this time, Cyanna had mounted her own response, raining energy down upon their two enemies and although the damage was cosmetic at best, it did provide an opening for him.

His body still altered with the energy of the Thyreophora technique, Charco simply tapped deeper into it, reaching what he could consider its "Second State". Muscles bulking up, his aura burned orange and with an intensity that pushed his hair upward.
    Leading the first step with his left the ground caved beneath the strain, giving him a perfect foothold to kick off the earth, his image distorting from the speed that propelled him forth. Fist drawn back, he took aim at the Sub-commander who had shot him. Along with the volatile power of the Thyreophora, additional chi flowed from his core to his arm, further enhancing what was to come as the gap grew smaller and smaller. Driving his fist into the Nagadarr's helmed face, the dual force of the Thyreophora and Ankylo Smash would have probably been enough to decapitate Jagam's initial form in one, clean swoop.

Let's see how tough that old armor is!

-----
    [Thyreophora, Second State: Active]
    [Current PL: 75,000]
    [Posts Until Detonation: 3]
    The armor held against the attack, though there was signs of distortion of the metal. The Sub-Commander staggered back from the impact, yet still was able to reach out and grab Charco by the neck with massive, plated hands. An attack like this would have snapped the neck of nearly anyone else. Charco, however, proved to be too tough. An Aura suddenly surrounded the Sub-Commander as he resorted to using Ki to enhance his already massive strength.

Meanwhile, the Commander was engaged in a battle with Cyanna. Having recovered his weapon, he once again fired energy blasts upward at her as she flew around, dodging each volley. Suddenly she vanished from sight, teleporting behind the Commander and unleashing a Ki Blast attack of her own. The force was enough to stagger him, causing the Nagadarr to drop his weapon. Despite the weapon's massive weight and size, it was soon, awkwardly with the butt resting on the ground for balance, held in the small girls' hands, aimed at the commander. Cyanna smiled, then said, "By-Bye" as she pulled the trigger causing the weapon to discharge a massive amount of energy at the Nagadarr Commander.

Once the dust cleared, Cyanna was disappointed to see that the weapon failed to take out the Commander, but it did blow apart sections of his armor. As the Commander's Aura flared up in anger, tghe girl dropped the weapon and quickly took to the air. The Commander activated something at his waist, which caused the rest of his outer armor to fall off, leaving only a lighter inner armor covering his body. He then also took to the air, raising his massive fists, and firing an energy blast at her. As he did, her shield activated automatically, blocking the attack, but sending her flying backwards and to the ground.

Flying over to her, he prepared for another attack. Firing the next blast at her as she was on he ground, the attack missed. The Commander, getting even more angry tries again, and again he misses. Cyanna struggling to get up, raises both her hands, her own Aura now shining in a pastel hue of many colors, "Binding the Bad Guy" As she calls it out, sheets of Ki energy wrap themselves around the Commader's arms, his body, holding him. This won't last long, it is an attack she usually uses in concert with a partner's attack, but for now it will hold him.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Those that find that way unconscionable will be left behind," she answered. "For those on top, that means they'll be overthrown and replaced. The society will thrive and, however slowly, regain its good name. That's what I hope to achieve. My race was one of would be Tyrants who preyed on the weak to establish their dominance. The Tyrants have fallen by the wayside, replaced by those who know the right way. The only thing left is to prove that we've changed to everyone else."

Her brow furrowed into a frown. "Sometimes, that seems impossible."
    "Far too often blood is traded for blood, as if additional wounds would somehow wear away the scars of the past," he said. "As a victor's legacy acquires stains, the stains become a warning."

A third outpour from the kettle. A third steep of tea. The deep green began to fade with wear.

"You know the change is more than appearances," he said, looking straightly upon her with a short nod as he poured the weakened tea, still holding with its colour the flavour of its leafy body. "Yet the tyrants are not the only ones that have fallen. Those who know the 'right' way live on the fruits of conquest. What about the the conquered, what can you restore to them, Sarada?"

They had, of course, seen firsthand the works of Tiamat, that magical force who executed the will of whosoever pursued the medium to rouse her from her idle slumber. A paltry intention, and the Dragon rewrote the world to their liking. But she knew as well as any of them that there are some things once dispossessed could not be returned.

She thought to her own Empire. Six planets, each aligned to a single goal under one banner. Yet, each world was allowed to maintain some semblance of autonomy. Yes, there were laws that governed them all, decrees she decided upon that would affect the Empire as a whole, but each world would and needed to maintain its individuality. Meaning that the viceroys elected by the people would pass laws tailor made for each world and the people who lived on it. Laws on Callion could in no way be applied to Saiyans on Pepa. She decided that was the best way to govern the Empire, by allowing them to govern themselves to a certain extent.

As such, when asked how many nations could exist within the borders of an empire, she answered. "An Empire is like a country with larger borders. Each state within that country would be ruled by its own government that answers to the Empire's government. Each state would have its own laws, bylaws, its own autonomy to govern itself; the population of those states would have its own personality and goals. Attempting uniformity with that many people is counterproductive to the growth and health of the whole. To answer your question... as many as you can ensure the happiness, autonomy, and individuality of while still maintaining the same unity. Which is to say, not many."

He spoke of burying the past and pretending it didn't happen. That wasn't simply conjecture. At least, she didn't think so. She couldn't get a good enough read on Grinthorn, and Jinzi was short on details of what the man had done. Whatever it was, those under his purview were blind to it. Perhaps because they were more easily subjected to the propaganda than those who lived just outside of his lengthy reach. Ochazuke was one; perhaps Jinzi was another.

Sarada's head tilted to the side curiously.
    He found her answer apt, smiling shortly to her words, though hearing it spoken so well only left his eyes hardened in the remaining darkness.

"'Would' implies such a ruler has due consideration for the people. An ideal luxury for those who can so choose to afford it." He sighed shortly. "Someone who assumes responsibility, then, must contemplate less upon what they would do, but rather what they should."

A low grunt escaped him, contemptuously. "'Should', cheh, therein remains the aspirations yet untended to," he said, "For more than twenty years, Grinthorn should have resolved to ensure that which you have spoke of, yet he has only taken more and changed nothing. For he who has all the power, it is likely immaterial whether he is loathed, for it is far easier to be feared than it is to be truly respected."

"Courting contempt in this manner is the path to war. How can a man aspire to venture out to space upon the fractured foundation that lays below?"

Clenching his teeth, Ochazuke exhaled, and the heated fury leaked from his voice as it stilled its timbre.

"Yet, so too are our Pantaloon's works are raised under this banner, he would do his part to mend the damage and help people heal. With the ease that they forget, the future is uncertain. If we do not destroy ourselves, then besides Pantaloon alone, perhaps we will, one day, venture to the stars. Until then, much remains to be set right upon the surface of this planet."

'What happens to her people when the Queen falls?'

Sarada fell silent when the question was posed to her. The answer was obvious: the next in line would step to the throne and rule in her stead until she was wished back and could resume her post.

And yet, she felt that wasn't what he was looking for.

It was the obvious answer, but not the right one. The next in line was Pinach, since she and Ishtar hadn't had children yet. Since he was too young and was still in training, the throne would then fall to either Maiz or Mato. Or Parsley. With the former two, the latter one would be kept in check and not allowed to make some of her more outrageous claims a reality, if she even indeed intended to do so.

The welfare of the Empire would be cared for, and they wouldn't miss a beat.

And yet, how would the people react if she got herself killed on an alien world aiding people who had nothing to do with the Saiyan worlds? They placed their explicit trust in her from the moment of her coronation. They trusted her to kill Jagam -- and she had. They trusted her to protect them from any who would challenge any of the six worlds. How could she do that if she was trotting about from world to world with Eva's chosen? How could she do that if she foolishly got herself killed while trotting about from world to world, neglecting her post and abusing the trust given to her?

"Even if I was resurrected, they'd still lose faith in me. Those behind me are more than capable of caring for the Empire, and they'd all do a far better job than I ever could. But, they'd be vulnerable, left without their strongest protector. And with as many enemies as we have in the universe..." She shook her head. "So, you're saying I shouldn't be so careless in battle? You're not the first to tell me that. I'd say I hope you're the last, but you already know that."

She recalled Parsley scolding her when Shek'hinah was disengaged in the RoSaT. One day, she'd learn.

Hopefully that one day wasn't her last day.
    Resurrection?

Sarada seemed to bend toward the course of least resistance, presuming that the Dragonballs would always be there to suit her needs. A swift enactment of will would grant safe passage from - perish the thought - failure. That the produce of one world remained to serve these ambitions alone. Having a wish granted first-hand may have blunted her sense of scope. Carelessness in battle...

After all she had seen, and all she had said, this seemed an oddly glib dismissal as Sarada slipped his question. Certainly Ochazuke had found the answer wanting, and his slow blink showed as much.

"I know little more of the Saiyan way than what I have had the dubious privilege to witness," he said, "but I am familiar with how those searching for a way view one who would lead them. The hope of others, Sarada, is not a thing to be tended to lightly."

"You would charge into the front lines of a battle, to do your duty to protect your people and a subtle opportunity to leverage your strength, besides. Valiant, but-" He raised his hands, holding up six fingers. "You have six worlds sworn to you."

Curling his fists, he narrowed them before him in a guard. "And that is the range you would limit yourself to. All-too narrow a vision, yet all you claim responsibility for. Reckless, perhaps, but I had never known you to run."

He stood to the stove, examining the last dredges of the pot left simmering in an inch of broth. He served the remained of solids to her, setting the last onto a portion of rice for himself.

"Moreover, what about those who have sworn to follow your vision," he continued. "You have your Saiyan pride, so what about theirs? Has there been so little change from the means of savage, idiot tyrants that your people's future is settled only in more violence? You fought to change this for their sake, hadn't you?"

Ochazuke drained his teacup at once, and set it down with an uncannily pronounced heft.

"In the face of countless enemies,as Queen you are a symbol to enact this change. You have their hope, and with it an opportunity, do not waste it." he said, grumbling the next, "'Should you be less careless in battle', you've come far enough to discern that on your own. No, I'm saying you should perceive beyond the moment and cherish your life."

Silence hung in the air as he exhaled slowly.

"If you'd learned anything from your time on Earth, remember this. Despite how many cover it like an open wound, compassion is not weakness, nor is it vulnerability. I have no doubt you have many trials ahead of you, but eep that in mind, and it may deliver you to more than your strength alone could."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi shake shis Head, but Eva seems intrigued.

“Training is one thing, what about information? Who exactly wants us dead and how many are they?”
    As Eva taks over the conversation, Meagan takes Jinzi aside, speaking softly, nervously and with a tinge of sadness, "I didn't know this was going to be so complicated. Mostly I came here to tell you that I have to leave soon. Last night I received word from Chroma, a reminder that it's time for me to assume my duties as Guardian. This is very hard for me, I don't want to be so far apart from you for any length of time. Though once things settle down, I will be free to use the Portal within the Temple to travel back here to Earth anytime I want, assuming that there are no demands on my time from something else. No way to tell how long we might be apart. You could come with me, I would love for you to be there when I officially take this role, but that might not be fair to you. Whatever you decide, I will understand."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "...Right," Blizzar nodded, taking the drug stash. "I'll be sure to dispose of this properly."

Khan replies to saying " by the way this Toadian is still on the Look Out." " you can't miss her she's like kind of tall with gold skin and white spots and gold irises now that's she's sober. " " she's wearing a golden toga and a crown on her head." " oh and she's has this Phoenix tattoo on her right arm ."

"so she was a part of this the Stratovarius Buccaneers space Pirate group for 3 years before she arrive here on this planet ." " strange a princess living among group of pirates for 3 years." " now I'm off to mediated but I'll leave you with this what to you call someone who follows their own moral compass and has a good heart? . " Khan then goes off to meditate.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-23-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As Eva taks over the conversation, Meagan takes Jinzi aside, speaking softly, nervously and with a tinge of sadness, "I didn't know this was going to be so complicated. Mostly I came here to tell you that I have to leave soon. Last night I received word from Chroma, a reminder that it's time for me to assume my duties as Guardian. This is very hard for me, I don't want to be so far apart from you for any length of time. Though once things settle down, I will be free to use the Portal within the Temple to travel back here to Earth anytime I want, assuming that there are no demands on my time from something else. No way to tell how long we might be apart. You could come with me, I would love for you to be there when I officially take this role, but that might not be fair to you. Whatever you decide, I will understand."
    Jinzi smiles and pats her hand.

“I’ll be there. I can’t stay long, I have promises to keep here, but I wouldn’t miss it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

All throughout space, unexpected help arrives for the Saiyan empire.

Colonies under attack, ships in distress, suddenly found GP Cruisers and more sliding in to assist them, driving off or killing their attackers, aiding where they could. No love existed between the two groups, but the GP has a job to do and they would do it as best as possible.

Aid also began coming in, workers coming to help the wounded and hurt, providing food and shelter.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi smiles and pats her hand.

“I’ll be there. I can’t stay long, I have promises to keep here, but I wouldn’t miss it.”
    She gave him a shy, happy smile, then kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you. I have to work out arrangements for Dash and Cyanna before I go, so I'll be leaving via Portal tonight, we can leave together then."

All throughout space, unexpected help arrives for the Saiyan empire.

Colonies under attack, ships in distress, suddenly found GP Cruisers and more sliding in to assist them, driving off or killing their attackers, aiding where they could. No love existed between the two groups, but the GP has a job to do and they would do it as best as possible.

Aid also began coming in, workers coming to help the wounded and hurt, providing food and shelter.
    Among those coming to aid was a small contingent of Chromkai. About a dozen medical workers, Peackeepers, and one representative of the Sisterhood. All traveling on a GP Cruiser. Though Chroma was still in recovery, it wanted to prove to the Saiyans that they can be strong allies in time.

Sometime during the Time Skip:

Samson Balon grunts and wipes the sweat from his face. The Spider-Shrine has been far more difficult to get to, some strange aura stopping flying or teleportation. He and the others had been flying over the dense jungle when suddenly they had been falling instead.

Now they moved slowly through the hot, sweltering jungle, seeking the shrine.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 10-23-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sometime during the Time Skip:

Samson Balon grunts and wipes the seat from his ace. The Spider-Shrine has been far more difficult to get too, some strange aura stopping flying or teleportation. He and the others had been flying over the dense jungle when suddenly they had been falling instead.

Now they moved slowly through the hot, sweltering jungle, seeking the shrine.
    Shortly behind Balon and armed with his staff Bojack, Zaofan whacks the vines, branches, and leaves away from the path, left, right, and above. He is shirtless though his tunic is wrapped around his head to soak up moisture. His pants are long, thin, and dirty. He breathes heavily and he winks through one eye thanks to the heat and frustration. "Nothing is ever easy with these schools, I swear. But I guess that defeats the point of the struggle then, eh Master Balon? We should be on our guard for anything, though. If there's some sort of force that can prevent us from flying, who knows what out abilities of ours may be tampered with!"

He takes a sip of water from his canteen. "Remember to stay hydrated, everyone! And I've more bug repellent if needed! It's good for any leeches we may find!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    She gave him a shy, happy smile, then kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you. I have to work out arrangements for Dash and Cyanna before I go, so I'll be leaving via Portal tonight, we can leave together then."
    He nods and waits for her.

He’ll let Eva deal with the Voidling.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Lieutenant Stratovarius of the GP arrives on Earth

before The Time Skip

Lieutenant Stratovarius arrives on earth and lands in front of Capsule Corp saying " Okay so this is Capsule Corp huh." he then manifests his specter Shining Star saying " Shining Star move that frozen alien were taking inside Capsule Corp. " Shining Star replies to this in an meek and mild tone " right I'll grab the frozen body." Lieutenant Stratovarius looks at his specter saying " don't say it like that Shining Star."

" you will need to speak up and insert yourself better." " Shining Star replies to this in meek tone saying " I'll try Earl." Lieutenant Stratovarius opens up the hanger of his GP Cruiser and enters Capsule Corp with this Specter following behind him carrying the frozen Toadian in on it's right shoulder. once inside Lieutenant Stratovarius shows his Galaxy police badge saying " I Am Lieutenant Earl Winton Amper Firmin Stratovarius of the Galaxy Police!"

"I came here to seek aid to undoing a Crystallization process that was done on this frozen Frog alien that my buddy behind me is holding." " I found the alien like this on dead planet buried in sand." " I don't know how it got there but I am sure the frozen alien then originate from that planet." "the crystallize structure it is in is 2,000 years old."

"so I guess that someone or someone thing imprison this frog alien in this crystallize structure 2,000 years ago." " the frog alien inside is still alive and I wish to free it." " so I will be need the aid of capable scientists here at Capsule Corp."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-23-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Far too often blood is traded for blood, as if additional wounds would somehow wear away the scars of the past," he said. "As a victor's legacy acquires stains, the stains become a warning."

A third outpour from the kettle. A third steep of tea. The deep green began to fade with wear.

"You know the change is more than appearances," he said, looking straightly upon her with a short nod as he poured the weakened tea, still holding with its colour the flavour of its leafy body. "Yet the tyrants are not the only ones that have fallen. Those who know the 'right' way live on the fruits of conquest. What about the the conquered, what can you restore to them, Sarada?"

They had, of course, seen firsthand the works of Tiamat, that magical force who executed the will of whosoever pursued the medium to rouse her from her idle slumber. A paltry intention, and the Dragon rewrote the world to their liking. But she knew as well as any of them that there are some things once dispossessed could not be returned.
    Sarada was silent when the question of those victimized by the Saiyans' former tyranny was posed to her. What would she do for those that remained? What could she do? She knew from the dragon itself that too much time had passed to restore to life the victims of the past. Even if she could, should she? The fear, rage, and hatred would be fresh, and justified. Her people would have to fight a multi-faceted war the likes of which hadn't been witnessed.

It wasn't as if a simple apology and some money could smooth things over. Neither would offering a new planet. She couldn't in her right mind offer their old planet, as those were currently inhabited. To do so would be to displace millions who had nothing to do with the past conquests.

It was a harder question, one that simply wouldn't be satisfied with the generic 'I'll see when I get there'. But, what else could she say? What else could she do?

The answer she was leaning toward was to simply let the dead remain where they lay and strive to not let it happen again. It was a cold, callous answer, but in the face of other alternatives, it was the easiest and most doable.

In the end, she sighed and answered, "Those we slayed in the past have been dead too long to be resurrected by the Dragon, even if that was a good idea. As for those that somehow survived to this day, we can't offer them their old world, as that would mean displacing millions who had nothing to do with it. We can't offer them a new world, since that seems like settling."

She looked down at the stew in her nearly empty bowl. "I don't know. We'll have to take it on a case by case basis."

He found her answer apt, smiling shortly to her words, though hearing it spoken so well only left his eyes hardened in the remaining darkness.

"'Would' implies such a ruler has due consideration for the people. An ideal luxury for those who can so choose to afford it." He sighed shortly. "Someone who assumes responsibility, then, must contemplate less upon what they would do, but rather what they should."

A low grunt escaped him, contemptuously. "'Should', cheh, therein remains the aspirations yet untended to," he said, "For more than twenty years, Grinthorn should have resolved to ensure that which you have spoke of, yet he has only taken more and changed nothing. For he who has all the power, it is likely immaterial whether he is loathed, for it is far easier to be feared than it is to be truly respected."

"Courting contempt in this manner is the path to war. How can a man aspire to venture out to space upon the fractured foundation that lays below?"

Clenching his teeth, Ochazuke exhaled, and the heated fury leaked from his voice as it stilled its timbre.

"Yet, so too are our Pantaloon's works are raised under this banner, he would do his part to mend the damage and help people heal. With the ease that they forget, the future is uncertain. If we do not destroy ourselves, then besides Pantaloon alone, perhaps we will, one day, venture to the stars. Until then, much remains to be set right upon the surface of this planet."
    Grinthorn was one of the tyrants Ochazuke spoke, except he exercised his strength on his own people, rather than others. She supposed it didn't matter in the end, but she felt there was something worse about ignoring the pleas of those who elected him into office, rather than those whom he would only see during wartime conquests.

"A ruler who does not listen to the people who elected him into office would see a short reign. Yet, you said he's been ruling this world for twenty years. How? Surely the people below realize what he is and how he's of no use to them. Has no one risen up to oppose him? Is this world not a democracy?"

Resurrection?

Sarada seemed to bend toward the course of least resistance, presuming that the Dragonballs would always be there to suit her needs. A swift enactment of will would grant safe passage from - perish the thought - failure. That the produce of one world remained to serve these ambitions alone. Having a wish granted first-hand may have blunted her sense of scope. Carelessness in battle...

After all she had seen, and all she had said, this seemed an oddly glib dismissal as Sarada slipped his question. Certainly Ochazuke had found the answer wanting, and his slow blink showed as much.

"I know little more of the Saiyan way than what I have had the dubious privilege to witness," he said, "but I am familiar with how those searching for a way view one who would lead them. The hope of others, Sarada, is not a thing to be tended to lightly."

"You would charge into the front lines of a battle, to do your duty to protect your people and a subtle opportunity to leverage your strength, besides. Valiant, but-" He raised his hands, holding up six fingers. "You have six worlds sworn to you."

Curling his fists, he narrowed them before him in a guard. "And that is the range you would limit yourself to. All-too narrow a vision, yet all you claim responsibility for. Reckless, perhaps, but I had never known you to run."

He stood to the stove, examining the last dredges of the pot left simmering in an inch of broth. He served the remained of solids to her, setting the last onto a portion of rice for himself.

"Moreover, what about those who have sworn to follow your vision," he continued. "You have your Saiyan pride, so what about theirs? Has there been so little change from the means of savage, idiot tyrants that your people's future is settled only in more violence? You fought to change this for their sake, hadn't you?"

Ochazuke drained his teacup at once, and set it down with an uncannily pronounced heft.

"In the face of countless enemies,as Queen you are a symbol to enact this change. You have their hope, and with it an opportunity, do not waste it." he said, grumbling the next, "'Should you be less careless in battle', you've come far enough to discern that on your own. No, I'm saying you should perceive beyond the moment and cherish your life."

Silence hung in the air as he exhaled slowly.

"If you'd learned anything from your time on Earth, remember this. Despite how many cover it like an open wound, compassion is not weakness, nor is it vulnerability. I have no doubt you have many trials ahead of you, but eep that in mind, and it may deliver you to more than your strength alone could."
    Cherish her life?

Compassion was not weakness, nor a vulnerability?

Compassion could deliver her more than strength could, in some cases.

These were some of the most un-Saiyan-like sentiments she had heard in a long time. No one where she was from believed that compassion...

No, that wasn't true. There were some. Some who held a very close mouth to her ear, even. It sounded like something Maiz would hammer into her head relentlessly until she had no choice but to listen.

The trust, and yes, the hope, of her people rested in her hands. When she won, they knew it was on her they should depend on to lead them into a brighter, better future. A future that was without conquest, oppression, tyranny, and genocide. She couldn't do that if she was dead.

The key to the Saiyan race's future was in her hands. The sooner she understood what that meant, the better her reign would be.

"I think I understand." It was still beyond her, but she would learn it. Sooner rather than later, she hoped. "I have people like you on my council. I'll get it. Until then, I won't be coming back. This current visit was only going to last until Jagam was dead. Now that he is, I have to return to my people and perform my duties as best I can. I'll keep what you've said in mind, Ochazuke. Thank you."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Ishtar and Nergal, Pt. 3: The End ... (1/3)

Several light-years from where a planet met its end, Ishtar found herself on the precipice of a necessary change.

Long past the point of no return, the fires of Aēšma had reached full swing, the pain of the boiling blood, and burning skin a reminder of her gambit. Yet while this strength had severed her well in conflicts past, the Oni knew as she steadied herself ... it wasn't near enough.

I need time ... and more power ...

She knew deep down in her bones however, she would not have the first. It would not be long now, until Nergal had found her; and with her trickery from earlier and the damage she had done, he would perhaps be disinclined to humor her as he had the firs time around. So what then, did that leave ? A strength that seemed beyond her ... and yet that did not seem quite right. Ever since her training in the Royal Palace in Vocado, she had reached this plateau of wrath -- one she called The Second Stage -- there was a sense that there was more on offer ... and that she had never suffered it this long was certainly a factor.

And unlike then, able as she was to renege and drag herself to a healing pod, to do so here would lead to her guaranteed end.

So what then, did she have to lose ?

... Nothing but a life already forfeit.

Touching down on a an ice-caked moon, the golden-eyed Oni was quick then to dig deep ... searching for signs of this whispered might, and thankfully -- as she sensed her cousin's presence appear in the system she now hid -- the path revealed itself without protest ... and despite knowing well she had never breached this barrier before, the mental landscape was familiar ... and so was what was waiting there.

Aēšma Sij.

---

When Nergal found his bitch of a cousin, she was cowering on a frozen moon, and while he did not care where I murdered his kin; he at least expected something ...

Poetic.

Or perhapsss ... sssomething more ... alive ... he he he.

Yet such could be lamented, after he had taken what was his. So touching down not far from his blue-skinned cousin, he gestured wide yet kept his eyes set firm; though the first thing he noted was not her blue-black blood -- sizzling as it touched that frigid ice -- but the increase to her might. Black tendrils of Ki interlaced with Gold, wove a pattern across her exposed flesh. And from where he stood, and stared, it was almost asif her body sough to weave her coalesced might into ... armor.

Yet despite this, and much to Nergal's glee ... his cousin remained far weaker. So with a savage smile, and a slow but steady gait, he closed the distance between Ishtar and himself, and reached out telepathically to offer his ... congratulations.

'It seems you did transcend at last ... and proved your resourcefulness besides. Nergal offered, again slickly sweet, as he circled his prey.

'Yet here you stand, beyond your station ... in the presence of a God.'

And from where the slate-grey Oni stood, it seemed as if his cousin replied ... mouth moving silently as she muttered slowly. Whatever it was mattered little however, her response was nothing more than the final words of the soon to die. So licking his lips, Nergal disappeared, reappearing in front of Ishtar before she could properly respond, and with a single fluid motion the broken-horn Oni grabbed hold of his cousin by the face and used body to split the Moon ...
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-23-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan