Page 604 of 782 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614654704 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

There was much to be said about what she suffered on Turrip if even Ishtar - one who had seen countless deaths over her expansive lifespan - was shaken and in tears. Perhaps it spoke to the empathy the woman still had despite being numb to death, or more towards the bond they had formed over the last day or so since Parsley's resurrection. Either way, she was glad to finally have someone to share her pain with.

The trip through her memories was painful; she had no presumptions that it would be anything but. One by one, the minutes and hours rolled by. Sometimes, they were a jumbled mess that represented Parsley's incoherence at the time. Those were the more pleasant ones. The most painful, heart-wrenching ones were - to her chagrin - in crystal clear clarity. There was no mistaking what was happening. The three times Appel injected her with some concoction, or nearly drowned her with the high-powered hose, or being driven insane by her own loneliness and guilt, it was all there for both of them to see.

Experiencing it like this, from the outside looking in, she didn't realize how broken she was at the time of her death. She had nothing by the time she drew her last breath. Her dignity, her pride, her sanity, her hope; they were all stripped away. In the end, she was nothing more than a broken husk of a woman, no more than a shell of her former self. If that was what Appel wanted - and she couldn't envision a scenario in which that wasn't the case - then she got exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar severed the connection quickly.

And after a heavy, shaky sigh took an equally shaky step backwards seemingly from shock.

That she had expected this pain, made little difference in the end. What Parsley had suffered was no less traumatic, no less painful, than what Evangeline had suffered at the hands of Fife, or Sarada had suffered at the hands of Dashir. A thought rose unbidden then from the depths; as Ishtar worked at containing the pilfered patchwork of pain, and suffering, tears streaming down her face.

Another young one forced to suffer far more than they could reasonably bear alone ... what am I to do ?

A question for another time.

Taking a moment to compose herself then, and wipe her face free from tears -- though it was obvious she had been -- Ishtar cleared her throat loud enough to snap Parsley out of the semi-stupor of the 'Mind Melding', and after a moment, the Oni began to speak.

"Are you ... Did ..." she managed, muttering. Only to stop for a moment more, to gather herself together enough to ask.

"How ... do you feel ?"
    When it was finally over, Parsley felt drained. She reached up to rub her eyes and found that they were wet. Tch. As Ishtar struggled to find words, Parsley sat in silence. Walking through it all like that left her raw and tired. But... for the first time, she felt that she could close her eyes and not see Appel's sneering countenance again.

She did so. She closed her eyes.

Nothing.

Nothing but blissful darkness.

Parsley breathed in and basked in finally being free - for the night - of her demon.

How did she feel? That was Ishtar's question after some seconds of stammering and tripping.

"Tired." She rose to her feet. A grateful smile touched her lips. "I'm tired, and I'm going to bed. Thank you, Ishtar."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah didn't know you could do that." Dash was surprised at the revelation, "It's good that the training worked for you. Meg was worried that you might overthink your fights to the point of getting yourself killed."
    " Yeah getting in touch with my warrior instinct , fine tuning my Ki sensing and hearing , has greatly improve my reaction time . Now my reflexes don't lag behind my eye sight speed , as for the infrasound thing my race on average has can hear frequencies from 10 hertz to 10 kilohertz, which makes my race's ability to hear frequencies in the upper range on average worse than a human's. I can also make vocal sounds at a infrasonic frequency ," Praxat said.

Praxat pauses for a moment . " I really don't need to use Ki to see things at a accelerate rate I can do that normally . Still working on my stealth , but I'm able to mask my ki now which helps," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-17-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oh......" Erosa glanced towards the ground, she seemed to be holding back from saying something. After several moments she managed to lift her head, sporting a pained smile. "Thats....ok. Hopefully you can wish her back. That would be nice...."

The id turned away.

"....I.....can we go home now.........please...."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ehhh....." Erosa turned her head towards the scratching in the same way a cat would. "......Actual food is still better.....I hope the next set of time things are easier to find"
    Erosa stretched out her neck to Asha'rah's fingers, and this simple act filled the goddess with warmth and joy unlike any other. But as news of what had befallen her counterpart in this universe dawned upon her, Erosa's mood became downcast.

"In another time, in another place, Erosa never learned any respect for parts of her that did not fit her worldview. A stray word, a different choice, life is full of precious moments who can shape who we are. So we strive to do better, to understand our fellows better, to feel what they feel and reach their hearts with our own. The Etrina of this time utterly failed in this regard. Ours...did not fail, close-run thing though it was."

Asha'rah took Erosa's fingers in her own, giving her a reassuring squeeze.

"But you are here, and you have people who love you. And who will feed you."

Golden light flared in her free hand, and when it faded Asha'rah was holding a bouquet of bacon, each wrapped like a flower around a pretzel stick. It wasn't cooked to perfection the way Zaofan's culinary skills heighten food till, but it was still tasty food.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Light encapsulates them all after Alt Ochazuke bids them farewell and takes Altrinna with him.

When the light fades, they are back at the Lookout, outside the doors to the RoSaT.

Zurvan nods.

“Congratulations.”

The purple artifact floats up and both it and Zurvan glow briefly as the temporal energy leaves the artifact and heals Zurvan. Ishtar’s father looks a bit better, less tired after it stops.

“Thank you, all of you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

OT: Time posts can still be had with Alt Ochazuke obviously.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( Okay they bought it ) Turk thought to himself. Turk rubs his chin and comes up with a fabricate story with a blend of truth . " Look I know nothing about a Invasion on Namek I promise. I was just on my way to go see ahhhhahh a fashion show yeah that's right a fashion show , Metric is showcasing there latest fashion line there called Atlas it's a clothing line for female Titans," Turk said.

Turk whistles and then looks at the agents. " Yeah I'm as shock as you guys two ships attempt to attack Namek and ending up ramming into each other what are the odds!?!" Turk said in a sly expression.
    OOC: In case this was missed.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Light encapsulates them all after Alt Ochazuke bids them farewell and takes Altrinna with him.

When the light fades, they are back at the Lookout, outside the doors to the RoSaT.

Zurvan nods.

“Congratulations.”

The purple artifact floats up and both it and Zurvan glow briefly as the temporal energy leaves the artifact and heals Zurvan. Ishtar’s father looks a bit better, less tired after it stops.

“Thank you, all of you.”
    A feeling of relief swept over Dash as she saw the familiar surroundings. She noticed Meagan walking towards her, towards them, and that relief grew. Then a thought weighed down on her, "Sir." addressing Zurvan, "ah figgure we are far from over. What's next? Don't we have more places to go to?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Zurvan nods.

“Congratulations.”

“Thank you, all of you.”
    Zurvan was already looking better after just one mission. They had a long way to go still, but progress was good no matter how small.

"We still have five other timelines to travel to," Sarada said. "When do we leave for the next one?"

Parsley, meanwhile, wordlessly left to find Ishtar.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A feeling of relief swept over Dash as she saw the familiar surroundings. She noticed Meagan walking towards her, towards them, and that relief grew. Then a thought weighed down on her, "Sir." addressing Zurvan, "ah figgure we are far from over. What's next? Don't we have more places to go to?"

" Yeah I would like to know that as well , which timeline is our next destination? " Praxat said Althena who is also there wearing a purple tank top and shorts that show off her large muscular physique walks towards the group carrying a giant Ruby . " So how did everything go in that alternate timeline everyone?" Althena said Praxat bows to Althena . " " The timeline we went to wasn't all that great but we were successful in our mission, oh and I see you wearing new clothing Althena" Praxat said.

Althena stops and then waves at everyone . " Yeah I did a little clothing shopping and found this nice outfit , I was going to pay for the clothing with this giant ruby I'm holding which I dug up , but Kai told me that this planet doesn't use rubies for currency," Althena said as she puts the giant ruby she's holding on one shoulder down. the tank top is a little short as Althena's stomach is showing and she has a nice eight pack. it's the type of tank top were Althena's shoulder and back muscles can be clearly seen from behind.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-19-2019 at 12:15 AM.
    My Forum check it out

"You mean other than what I am doing now?" Cyanna puled her knees up to her chin, then stared out into the vast sky, before changing her position so that her legs were crossed in a casual lotus. She then started talking almost stream of thought, "I really don't know. Most of my life was just following Meagan, doing what she did, trying to be like her. Not that she wanted me to, not that she pushed me away either. She did ask me this once and I couldn't answer, so she just said to think on it. And I have been thinking on it."

Her eyes went distant, "I thought learning magic would be fun, and it is. But then Charco had to get his magical immunity thing and I can't show him all the neat skills I learned. He can't even use the amulet anymore which is a bummer. I thought he and I having matching magical objects would make us closer. Though that's kind of silly. Meagan once said that it was best that her and Zaofan never hit it off like he did with Etrina, seeing as how he loves to cook and we Chromakai are a little fussy when it comes to food."

"I don't know what use magic can be for me or for others. I'll never be as good at Etrina, it's not like I can control anything special. Light is fun, but it's just light, not like controlling Time, or Space like Lady Reimi, or anything else. Then again, if I was that powerful, I'd probably make a mess of things. Especially if I'm off my meds, then I get all hyperactive. I'm not as bad as I used to be, Meagan thinks I'll outgrow it eventually. I hope so, not that I want to be like everyone else. Dash says there is nothing wrong with wanting to be special, but I haven't been special. I'm still just chasing Meagan around, but she needs me, so that's not the same. She says that next year, after my next birthday, I'll have to find my own way. Not forever, it's like a coming of age thing, Meagan did it and so did Dash."

"I want to be special, to do something really important. I just, don't know what yet. All these special, important people. It feels like there is no room for me. Like there is nothing left for me. Meagan is right though, I do need to find myself. I wish I knew who I was, who I really was. Who my parents were. We tried to locate them, but nothing. The government is still trying to match Orphans with blood relatives, but they couldn't find any for me. Maybe that makes me special?"

She then looked up at Asha'rah, her cheeks flushed slightly, "Sorry for the rambling. It's just, what I want to do with my life is not the same as what I can do with my life. So, I'm not sure how to answer that yet."
    Cyanna spoke of herself, a young, talented upstart who felt inadequate when surrounded by greatness. She was making her first tentative steps towards becoming her own person, but had little idea where to start.

"The search for meaning in life is not an unworthy pursuit. You have but one precious life, Cyanna, one precious eyeblink upon this universe. Sometimes meaning is something you derive through conscious thought, through slowly building ideal upon ideal and striving for a goal. That is well and good. But a word of advice, if you will. When finding yourself, when finding meaning, you will never know precisely what you looking for. More often than not, you will stumble across something in the vast richness of your universe that quietly fulfills you."

Asha'rah stroked Tiangou's head, and the little dragon rumbled in pleasure.

"Ambition is important if you desire to stand on the highest of stages. But do not forget the flowers at your feet. Find what is important to you, as a whole person. Not just as who we think you should be. Nor just as who you think you should be. But also as who you are."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-18-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When his double had telegraphed his intention to throw the capsule, as Ochazuke reached for it, the thoughts so near to his mind reached to the surface as he searched to spin a web of his own. When he closed his coarse fingers over the small metallic piece, in an instant the snare fell.

Tumultuous business, the condition of being before yourself. For Ochazuke knew, that his Alternate knew, that he in turn knew, that this business of a world gone to hell on their watch would not be so abruptly concluded. His alternate would be made to answer where he stood upon the Woven Path.

Yet further along the path, you should see it plainly as well, having mastered this skill. But still...

"Erosa asked you a question. For all we have done for you, the least you might do is offer an explanation."

Indeed, he had asked him a similar question the moment it came to light that the nightmare that plagued this world was birthed of circumstances he had suspected. Now that he had seen it, whatever he had in mind was all but confirmed - though his Double would not speak it.

For he knew, that he knew, that he had known such frivolities stood apart from both of their natures, and there upon the battlefield in a decisive moment, there was no room for an answer.

"For nearly twenty years you fought and bled together," he said, stealing a short glance at Zaofan where he stood near the Time Portal upon the blackened patch of earth. "And much was lost. Far too much."
    He nods.

“Zaofan is...well missed by many.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    There was no doubting that was the truth. Even beyond the material, Zaofan had a way about him that... endeared him to anyone he met. He was easy to get along with and had the qualities that the most inspirational leaders possessed. There were few people Sarada would love to fight alongside than him. "And he'll have a line of people waiting to welcome him back."
    “There was confusion at first. The Lyne separated Earth from the stars, silencing our guardian and her apprentice and their nanomachines EMPing our technology while draining and blocking our ki. It took Pantaloon and others some time to fix our tech and learn how to stop the draining. During this those with more ki than others, those capable, fought. Time turns and we kept fighting. Pantaloon learned how to save the population, he encapsulated them in new capsules and with his anti-nanotechnology serum we would no longer be drained. So a select few remained to launch guerilla tactics and strikes at the Lyne Hives. Finding them was difficult. They were enshrouded by tech, so City by City we searched. Zaofan....Zaofan fell during one such search. I was not there to support him, and Etrina...began turning then. Jack, Chuan, Eresh, Nunlil, Erosa, Evangeline, Kai, Meagan, Adam, Midori, all lost. Some fell before and after but after Zaofan died was when Etrina merged with Grav.”

“Ishtar and Sarada were gone off planet, Parsley had not yet crashed here yet with her child, and I believe in her grief she thought the power and knowledge gained from such a merging would be beneficial to all.”
    Exchanging looks with Ochazuke during his interrogation, and overhearing the surrounding conversation, Zaofan's mind races back and forth in confusion, worry, dread. That his counterpart would have this much of an effect on his universe would cause Zaofan to ponder, For all my travels, for all the people that I've met, what am I truly doing? Have I never really given the foresight that my future demands in respect? Should I fall, what do I leave behind? That's two alternate-me's already that had more focus than me, more drive. And yet, one is a bitter sumbitch and the other is, well, dead. What do I have to show for it all? I can always talk about living the good life, but is there more to my role in this fabric than I can see? What do I focus on? What am I missing? How does one get his house in order if he's a vagabond, homeless traveler?

Finally, he clears his throat, attempting to leave behind this newfound existential worry. "The sooner we leave, the sooner we can fix the bigger problem. And then I can see Etrina again."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

"What's the hold up? It's time to go," she spoke aloud, but not necessarily to Zaofan.
    "YES, thank you," Zaofan replies. "Everyone, gather together."

Zurvan nods.

“Congratulations.”

“Thank you, all of you.”
    "Yes," he echoes Sarada's question, "... are we to leave immediately? Or if we have a break, I'd like to see how the others are faring. Whenever we split up into two or more groups, something inevitably happens to the others."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Cyanna spoke of herself, a young, talented upstart who felt inadequate when surrounded by greatness. She was making her first tentative steps towards becoming her own person, but had little idea where to start.

"The search for meaning in life is not an unworthy pursuit. You have but one precious life, Cyanna, one precious eyeblink upon this universe. Sometimes meaning is something you derive through conscious thought, through slowly building ideal upon ideal and striving for a goal. That is well and good. But a word of advice, if you will. When finding yourself, when finding meaning, you will never know precisely what you looking for. More often than not, you will stumble across something in the vast richness of your universe that quietly fulfills you."

Asha'rah stroked Tiangou's head, and the little dragon rumbled in pleasure.

"Ambition is important if you desire to stand on the highest of stages. But do not forget the flowers at your feet. Find what is important to you, as a whole person. Not just as who we think you should be. Nor just as who you think you should be. But also as who you are."
    Reaching over, Cyanna also touched Tiangou's head, smiling at the sounds the little dragon made. She then looked up at Asha'rah, her lips pursed in thought.

"I understand, thank you." She then quietly thought on this before responding again, "I don't want to be a Guardian, not of one world." she looked over to Asha'rah, "Can I be a Guardian of many worlds? I love Chroma, but I also like Earth, and there are so many worlds out there. I want to see them all, like Sensei Reimi does. Is that crazy?"

She then adjusted her position, letting her feet dangle over the side again, "Or maybe I could be a diplomat, traveling the universe negotiating peace treaties between worlds, or I can work for brother Jinzi, going to different planets to sell his inventions. Whatever I do, I think I want to be able to travel a lot."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-19-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Default Fight with the Man with the Crimson Sight

Above!

Far, far above, ki suppressed after a mighty leap, Alt Zaofan began to fall. Angled downward, the Crimson Gaze suddenly flares up and burns like a star. Ochazuke can feel the ki suddenly spike upward, gathered around that baleful stare as red light fills his eyes.

“Off my Lawn!”

And everything below Alt Zaofan that he could see was bathed in a crimson ki attack, a massive AoE Mega Optic Blast combined with a Crimson Taiyoken. Able to be modulated in intensity, the attack cannot be dodged unless one can get behind the user.
    Against one who made a great display through his subtle show of hidden strength, there was no surprise here. But anticipation leads to presumption - where one strains to perceive a form where there may be none at all. The meditational mind, the practice of sense-awareness, seeks the moment, a fleeting thing that shifts along an often perilous course. Where his opponent's presence brushed against his sense, he first felt nothing, then a great spike of energy as dusk fell from the sky above with the crushing weight of the Sheriff's setting sun.

But to Ochazuke, more than the emergent peril swelling between passing second-fragments, he was struck by a greater dread as the stone tiles beneath his feet hissed and all forms around him lost their shapes to the red.

That fool, he'll destroy the Lookout!

Far from home, Zaofan could only bide his time. His only bond was a solemn word, spoken to mask a barely concealed killer intention as the minutes passed slowly. All the more differences pronounced themselves where he stood apart from the Martial Chef. Restless, testing, and dependent on those weaker than him, could it be that their world was a faint consideration and all but disposable to him? What desperate battles had he fought to stoke such rash justice?

As he stood there beneath the bloody skies, the immensity of the attack burning on its course upon him, he dared not move. There was no end to this Optic Blast, and where he stood as its mark there was no escape. The wake of the blaze crashed upon him, pushing the threat of impeding immolation, even through the flame resistances of Karura no Kaen. The Sheriff brought a greater power to bear than he had faced, and much like the Bronze Threshling Knight, his deathliness was no bluff. His knees buckled as the beam approached.

Straining to breath between his gritted teeth, Ochazuke blindly reached up to that falling star. Forcing a harsh exhale, he shot his left hand towards it expanse. The technique of Saifa Kensaku shot upward in an attempt to neutralize the blast by displacing the energies and wresting a portion of it to his will.

It continued to fall, unimpeded. What he could divest at the moment was limited so he took what he could. Something long buried awoke within him.

To save yourself-

Even in the middle of his focus, the scarlet that shone beneath his shuttered eyes seemed to resolve into a form he'd known. Ochazuke's opposition wavered, and his stance bowed, keeling the execution of his counter inward.

What are you willing to sacrifice?

The memory-echo of the Twin Tigers, one walked within the shadow of the other. Their path shrouded by spread wings and a blooded crown.

He shakily rediscovered his footing. Part of the energy began to twist, an unseen maelstrom whipping up about the skies surrounding Evangeline's palace for miles round.

Grovel or survive. In that moment you will know the truth.

Nestled within the feathered shadow, stark and cold, beneath the weight and ache and peril, all superfluity gradually fell aside. And with it came a hard realization. One he could not escape.

Will you seize it? or shrink from the effort and die a fool?

Old man...

The flare of red fell, twisting into his flesh as he felt the wrappings upon his left hand burst and slough off to ash. But as the world caught fire, the air continued to turn to spread the flame outward. In this moment there was no crossing the gulf in strength; of those means he knew he was lacking. Yet aware of what he could not do, his efforts redoubled upon that which he could . Thrice strong, thrice swift, at the pivotal moment Ochazuke leapt upward into the eye of the blaze. Leading with his left hand, at a certain distance he drew it back.Then he pivot forward in the air and threw everything upon his right, a Crane fist gild in Kongosho smashing against the burning torrent exploding with Zanshin Touki. The Immovable Iron Wind twisting opposite the maelstrom spread from the core of Zaofan's gaze as he stood his ground to stake his claim.

At this distance, the final strike would likely not reach his opponent. But standing before him and the expanse of the Lookout, however, he would shatter his intent to the last.

Ikken Hissatsu

*The Bear's Strength x3, Zanshin Touki x2 = x6 PL

Reaching over, Cyanna also touched Tiangou's head, smiling at the sounds the little dragon made. She then looked up at Asha'rah, her lips pursed in thought.

"I understand, thank you." She then quietly thought on this before responding again, "I don't want to be a Guardian, not of one world." she looked over to Asha'rah, "Can I be a Guardian of many worlds? I love Chroma, but I also like Earth, and there are so many worlds out there. I want to see them all, like Sensei Reimi does. Is that crazy?"

She then adjusted her position, letting her feet dangle over the side again, "Or maybe I could be a diplomat, traveling the universe negotiating peace treaties between worlds, or I can work for brother Jinzi, going to different planets to sell his inventions. Whatever I do, I think I want to be able to travel a lot."
    Asha'rah chuckled when Cyanna reached for a rank above Kami. Such grand, innocent yet earnest dreams.

"I hear tell of kais being appointed in place of gods to oversee different parts of other universes. It would be a position overseeing vast swaths of space and all who live within it. Mayhaps they'll do something similar here, I cannot yet say. At least you know you have a nomadic spirit. That's an important step."

She clasped her hands together in salute, but she kept her posture relaxed, her arms loose. It was a more personal gesture, conveying feeling rather than manners.

"I hope you get a chance to live out your hopes, Cyanna, wherever they may take you. And thank you for your company."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-19-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah chuckled when Cyanna reached for a rank above Kami. Such grand, innocent yet earnest dreams.

"I hear tell of kais being appointed in place of gods to oversee different parts of other universes. It would be a position overseeing vast swaths of space and all who live within it. Mayhaps they'll do something similar here, I cannot yet say. At least you know you have a nomadic spirit. That's an important step."

She clasped her hands together in salute, but she kept her posture relaxed, her arms loose. It was a more personal gesture, conveying feeling rather than manners.

"I hope you get a chance to live out your hopes, Cyanna, wherever they may take you. And thank you for your company."
    She smiled broadly, "And I hope you find happiness too. Now that we are friends, we can support each other's dreams." She stood up, "There's something I need to do. I'll see you later. " as she slowly lifted off the roof of the building and floated for a moment.