Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
Atonement only mattered for the living, not the dead. It was a sentiment that she believed completely just a year ago, but that thinking had changed during her time in Purgatory. The guilt of her actions weighed heavily on her, and she felt the need to make up for them somehow. If her own death would be denied to her by those who thought themselves her family, then there had to be something else. To hear the affirmation of what she believed in the past was frustrating.

Then, Ishtar stated that it was better to seek atonement with the living. Her 'victims' may appear to hate her... because they would have a difficult time expressing what they were really feeling... because they were Saiyans. "..." It was then that she sensed that Sarada was nearby. She swallowed her and raised her gaze from the floor and past Ishtar. There, she found Sarada standing there several yards from them.

She swallowed nervously. It occurred to her that she hadn't said a word to Sarada since she was resurrected and arrived on Earth. A fight with a mighty enemy and having to repel an invasion didn't really allow for conversation, but...

Her eyes fell to the floor again. She couldn't even look her sister in the face at this distance; how was she going to be able to look at her up close.

"Give us a moment," Sarada said to Ishtar as she approached. She stopped when she was standing beside the Oni, but didn't move or look anywhere but at Parsley until Ishtar was gone.

How? How can she still care about me after what I did? Parsley wondered bitterly. How?
There was a lot of things Ishtar could have said, and perhaps should have said to Parsley then ... and yet Sarada's approach caused the golden-eyed Oni to fall silent; and she instead ceded the floor to her love.

Give us a moment.

The Oni smiled, and nodded.

Sarada wasn't asking, and even if she had, Ishtar understood quite well how difficult the next few minutes would be; and as emotional as she wagered it would become ... no one needed to be around for that. Besides, Ishtar would feel it anyway.

"Take the time you need, I will ensure you have your privacy."

With that the glowing-horn Oni stepped away, and left the two sisters alone.