Page 292 of 782 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Hammer, twenty feet tall now, growls in pain as Ishtar carves a chunk out of his leg. With his hand, he bats her away as the leg slowly heals.

It is noticeable that his Hakai aura seems barely there to Ochazuke’s eyes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    In mid-jump, Zaofan heeds the words of Ochazuke, at least enough to ask Meagan and the others: "Um. Did we bring any of the weapons you used to take down those fighters? I only brought Bojack. That's all!"

Zaofan takes another leap, and though under any normal circumstance this method of travel would seem fast and even enjoyable, the fact of the matter is that it's still a far cry from their usual flight speeds.

"But if speed is an issue -- I wonder, if activating the Wolf's Prowl to reach you all even sooner would trigger the dead all the same..."

You think the Wolf’s Prowl might work. It enhances your current speed, so at your reduced rate without powering up, you would move faster that anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Also hearing Ochazuke's words, Meagan slowed down til she was next to Sarada. Closing her eyes, Closing her eyes, Meagan then reopened all three, looking out towards the Cairns. Her sight allowed her to get a good look at what they were fighting, as she did, "This GoD was sealed away, it may be impossible to fight it to destruction, only to reseal it back again. The ones who know best how to do this are already there."

She was frustrated and worried as well.
    At this point, with her third eye, she can see a swirl of reddish black energy for in the distance.

And a much, much fainter green blue of the only ward stone still there. The other two that had been operating when Ishtar restarted them had been destroyed.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Jack rushes in with a mighty blow from his own blade to the other leg of the undead namekian.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    At this point, with her third eye, she can see a swirl of reddish black energy for in the distance.

And a much, much fainter green blue of the only ward stone still there. The other two that had been operating when Ishtar restarted them had been destroyed.
    "Only one Ward Stone remains. One isn't going to be enough to reseal him."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Hammer, twenty feet tall now, growls in pain as Ishtar carves a chunk out of his leg. With his hand, he bats her away as the leg slowly heals.

It is noticeable that his Hakai aura seems barely there to Ochazuke’s eyes.
    The stench of rot, and putrefaction thick, Ishtar is at once aggravated and thankful when -- after carving a chunk out of Hammer's leg -- she is batted away. Halting her flight away from the fallen GoD then, the golden-eyed Oni hovers a moment before reengaging.

Undead, and running on dregs, and yet this Namekian GoD was capable of regenerating. Without the use of energy, it would be a difficult task to stop this ... Aberration. Though perhaps ...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Etrina had been closely examining one of the inactive cairns when something old and angry began shouting over the field, finally erupting from the ground and seizing both Ishtar and Asha'rah. The Mage hesitated, they were still in the middle of the cairn field....if she threw everything she had at an unknown enemy right off the bat she'd likely pull every inactive undead in the area.

She'd have to improvise.

Etrina would feel Ishtar bridge contact telepathically.

"With the Carin Yard destroyed our restrictions are somewhat lessened ... might it be possible to seal his severed limbs, or perhaps stymie his ability to reconstitute ?"

While waiting for the young Time Mage to respond, Ishtar pressed the attack, her next strike aimed at the still regenerating mass of necrotic flesh. "If this is all that is left of you ... death would be a mercy, would it not ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Erosa, no! You can't be the bait!," Zaofan pleads. "I've changed my mind! You can't go! It's a terrible plan!"
    "We are staying here," Sarada spoke. Her tone was such that showed she wasn't accepting any arguments to the contrary.
    "..........Its only a bad plan if I get caught......." Erosa closed her claws and but her lip, but managed to smile. "....Don't worry about me......You go make sure sister is safe. As long as she's safe I'll always come back."

At that moment, Sarada raised her voice with her edict, tone telling she would accept no other response besides obedience. It was the authority of one who had accepted the mantle of queen.

....and it immediately pissed the young Id off.

"........Whats wrong with you monkey queen.....You should be jumping on the chance to get in there and help Ishtar, and me getting chased across a trash planet should just be a bonus. Why are you acting all stubborn NOW?! My sister is over there, and Ashy......" Erosa stared, emitted a low growl as she turned her gaze back towards the direction of the conflict. ".....I can't sit around here while my sister is in danger.....that's not a choice, its my nature. So sit here and be queen if you want, I'm still going....."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Only one Ward Stone remains. One isn't going to be enough to reseal him."
    Hearing that made Sarada grimace. "Then, they'll have to kill him," she stated. "Nothing is unkillable, even a so-called god."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Etrina would feel Ishtar bridge contact telepathically.

"With the Carin Yard destroyed our restrictions are somewhat lessened ... might it be possible to seal his severed limbs, or perhaps stymie his ability to reconstitute ?"

While waiting for the young Time Mage to respond, Ishtar pressed the attack, her next strike aimed at the still regenerating mass of necrotic flesh. "If this is all that is left of you ... death would be a mercy, would it not ?"
    "A time lock spell at the root of the damaged area the moment its cut would prevent it from regrowing correctly." Etrina responded back. "But it'll become less effective as he grows. I'm close to one of the still functioning stones...buy me some time to analysis the sealing magic involved with it, I might be able to utilize it on a smaller scale with my sealing charms."

"..........Its only a bad plan if I get caught......." Erosa closed her claws and but her lip, but managed to smile. "....Don't worry about me......You go make sure sister is safe. As long as she's safe I'll always come back."

At that moment, Sarada raised her voice with her edict, tone telling she would accept no other response besides obedience. It was the authority of one who had accepted the mantle of queen.

....and it immediately pissed the young Id off.

"........Whats wrong with you monkey queen.....You should be jumping on the chance to get in there and help Ishtar, and me getting chased across a trash planet should just be a bonus. Why are you acting all stubborn NOW?! My sister is over there, and Ashy......" Erosa stared, emitted a low growl as she turned her gaze back towards the direction of the conflict. ".....I can't sit around here while my sister is in danger.....that's not a choice, its my nature. So sit here and be queen if you want, I'm still going....."
    "And do what?" Sarada responded through gritted teeth. "Attract **** knows what else is crawling on this stupid planet? Divide Ishtar's attention between her own well-being and mine also? Risk someone else doing something stupid and digging up yet another undead monstrosity?"

She bared her teeth and stared irately at the Id. "In case you were too busy to pay attention, Ochazuke already told us to stand down. I refused, he gave he reasons. If you want someone to get pissed at, get pissed at him! If it was up to me, I'd be flying there at full speed right now, consequences be damned. But it's those consequences that are keeping me from acting like some childish idiot and getting someone I care about killed!"

Gradually, her caustic gaze lessened and fell to the ground below them. Even as her flash of anger subsided, her hands balled into fists at her side, clenched tightly enough to dig her nails into her palms. "Sometimes, the best course of action to take is inaction, and to trust the people already there to handle it!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"A time lock spell at the root of the damaged area the moment its cut would prevent it from regrowing correctly." Etrina responded back. "But it'll become less effective as he grows. I'm close to one of the still functioning stones...buy me some time to analysis the sealing magic involved with it, I might be able to utilize it on a smaller scale with my sealing charms."
    There's a flickering of acknowledgement, across the link before Etrina hears a response.

"Take what time you need."

That said, Ishtar turns her attention back toward the task at hand -- fighting Hammer -- and severs the connection.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Etrina knelt down next to the remaining cairn, occasionally glancing over her shoulder at the ever increasingly sized Namekian God in the background. The cairn field had kept him sealed away for ages, whatever magic had been worked into these stones seemed keyed to his energy in particular. The sealing of everything else that came to Terra had been more or less a side effect, or at least that's how it appeared, of the complex magic keeping the God of Destruction sealed. Perhaps that was why the Threshlings of this universe treated them with caution...they had an idea of what their purpose really was.

...and now she had to, in magical terms, reverse engineer magic from a single example that had been placed long before she was born.

And the while her friends where holding back a very angry....and smelly if the stench at this distance was any indication, God.

"....Alright....." Etrina gave herself a quick slap face. "....No time like the present to show your skill...."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "And do what?" Sarada responded through gritted teeth. "Attract **** knows what else is crawling on this stupid planet? Divide Ishtar's attention between her own well-being and mine also? Risk someone else doing something stupid and digging up yet another undead monstrosity?"

She bared her teeth and stared irately at the Id. "In case you were too busy to pay attention, Ochazuke already told us to stand down. I refused, he gave he reasons. If you want someone to get pissed at, get pissed at him! If it was up to me, I'd be flying there at full speed right now, consequences be damned. But it's those consequences that are keeping me from acting like some childish idiot and getting someone I care about killed!"

Gradually, her caustic gaze lessened and fell to the ground below them. Even as her flash of anger subsided, her hands balled into fists at her side, clenched tightly enough to dig her nails into her palms. "Sometimes, the best course of action to take is inaction, and to trust the people already there to handle it!"
    ".......But I can't just....I can't.......I....." Erosa sagged for a moment, relenting the fact, but then straightened with a sudden realization. ".......Monkey Lady....Forget lure plan.....If I could get you and me over to battle, just you and me, fast and without being detected. Would that work for you?"

".......But I can't just....I can't.......I....." Erosa sagged for a moment, relenting the fact, but then straightened with a sudden realization. ".......Monkey Lady....Forget lure plan.....If I could get you and me over to battle, just you and me, fast and without being detected. Would that work for you?"
    Sarada narrowed her eyes at Erosa's proposal, then glanced at Sasheem. She had a bad feeling about this way the Id was going to get them to the battle quickly and quietly. Then, she needed to be there to make sure Ishtar was okay. If something happened to her, it would kill her!

And not just in the figurative sense, but she would feel the Oni dying, which would feel like it was killing her as well.

"...it depends on what you plan on doing." A beat passed while she hesitated. "Fine. But no funny business!"

"If only one of us could create a portal across great distances," Parsley mused, making her presence felt. She had left to return to the bunker to pick up a weapon when it seemed the others were going to the battlefield. When that was rebuked by Ochazuke, she still held onto it. "If you're going, sister, you'll need this." She handed her the rifle. "Not as impressive a god-killing weapon as I would have thought, but it will do."

She took the gun and placed it inside a capsule. "Thanks... sister."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada narrowed her eyes at Erosa's proposal, then glanced at Sasheem. She had a bad feeling about this way the Id was going to get them to the battle quickly and quietly. Then, she needed to be there to make sure Ishtar was okay. If something happened to her, it would kill her!

And not just in the figurative sense, but she would feel the Oni dying, which would feel like it was killing her as well.

"...it depends on what you plan on doing." A beat passed while she hesitated. "Fine. But no funny business!"

"If only one of us could create a portal across great distances," Parsley mused, making her presence felt. She had left to return to the bunker to pick up a weapon when it seemed the others were going to the battlefield. When that was rebuked by Ochazuke, she still held onto it. "If you're going, sister, you'll need this." She handed her the rifle. "Not as impressive a god-killing weapon as I would have thought, but it will do."

She took the gun and placed it inside a capsule. "Thanks... sister."
    "Ok......." Erosa nodded. "Here is what we do....I'll activate my Hunter Aura, the one I use to hide my ki when I sneak around, that way I can move as fast as I want without drawing any attention. Then all I need is to carry you with me. Just you though, unless we a have a way to make it easier to carry more then one....I'm not made to be pack animal."

Erosa bobbed her head and smiled. "You'd just need to hold on tight and close your eyes....and Erosa do the rest."