Page 606 of 782 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656706 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Still trying to keep up with her little sister." Cyanna smiled and nodded. Noting Sarada's look earlier, Cyanna made a guess, "You expected Dash to go this time too, didn't you?"
    "Yeah. Keeping up with me." With hope, she would also be a Super Saiyan and would once again be the stronger of the two. It wasn't that important, but it was just important enough for her to worry incessantly over it until it was resolved.

"Yes, I was," she replied honestly. "I didn't think Meagan would let you on a mission like this by yourself." Though, from the sounds of it, this one would be much easier than the last one.

And hopefully less mentally taxing.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Though, Blizzar's psychic abilities only manifested in telekinesis, it was still psychic enough for him to understand Pyrus' thoughts...for narrative cohesion.

"A world of elementals," Blizzar spoke aloud, for the benefit of those who could not understand could here. "She says as long as she is with us, her tribe shall bear us no harm."

He turns to Pyrus again. "Are there any notable dangers that await us?"
    ‘The planet is not welcoming. Long ago it’s ecosystem was destroyed, human and saurian alike destroyed. We elementals evolved from the ruin. Again though, with me there you shall be fine. I swear it on my tribe and clan.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ‘The planet is not welcoming. Long ago it’s ecosystem was destroyed, human and saurian alike destroyed. We elementals evolved from the ruin. Again though, with me there you shall be fine. I swear it on my tribe and clan.’
    Blizzar relayed this information aloud to the others once more, this time adding, "You hail from a very interesting world. I've been to many but never one where the dominant species evolved as yours did," he stated with a grateful nod. "Thank you for guiding us."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Yeah. Keeping up with me." With hope, she would also be a Super Saiyan and would once again be the stronger of the two. It wasn't that important, but it was just important enough for her to worry incessantly over it until it was resolved.

"Yes, I was," she replied honestly. "I didn't think Meagan would let you on a mission like this by yourself." Though, from the sounds of it, this one would be much easier than the last one.

And hopefully less mentally taxing.
    "Sis is always being overprotective, and I know she means well. I just think it's time I proved to her that I'm capable of doing this on my own." Cyanna's serious look and posture seem almost unnatural on the normally inquisitive and cheerful Chromakai, "Have you ever felt like you just needed to take a big leap and do something just to prove to yourself and to others that you can? Do you know what's it like to be treated like a child all the time? Like you're not as good, or as strong, or as capable as others around you? Have you ever had to face your fears and stand up to them? To test yourself?"

Cyanna shook her head, "Maybe not." She then relaxed and smiled at Sarada, "You're the Saiyan Queen, after all."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-20-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Sis is always being overprotective, and I know she means well. I just think it's time I proved to her that I'm capable of doing this on my own." Cyanna's serious look and posture seem almost unnatural on the normally inquisitive and cheerful Chromakai, "Have you ever felt like you just needed to take a big leap and do something just to prove to yourself and to others that you can? Do you know what's it like to be treated liek a child all the time? Like you're not as good, or as strong, or as capable as others around you? Have you ever had to face your fears and stand up to them? To test yourself?"

Cyanna shook her head, "Maybe not." She then relaxed and smiled at Sarada, "You're the Saiyan Queen, after all."
    Sarada was about to respond that she hadn't, but she did. She knew exactly how Cyanna was feeling. Even if she didn't hold as much animosity toward her sister as she did, she still remembered all those comments she made during Sarada's training. She remembered all the scornful, sneering looks she received from the instructors at the CTC, and from her own mother. She remembered be laughed at by everyone except Maiz and Avoca.

She was so weak and helpless back then. Now, she was the strongest Saiyan alive.

"Listen. I know what it's like to have to prove yourself to everyone because they don't think much of you. Just two years ago, I had a power level of 50. When I graduated from training, I was supposed to be moved into a space camp. Instead, I ran away here to Earth. I took a leap of faith, and it worked out. Sometimes you just have to dive into the deep end on your own, Cyanna. If you're as strong as I think you are, you'll end up swimming just fine. It won't be easy. The path of the warrior is rife with trials and heartache. Strength and character comes through adversity.

"Never forget that."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada was about to respond that she hadn't, but she did. She knew exactly how Cyanna was feeling. Even if she didn't hold as much animosity toward her sister as she did, she still remembered all those comments she made during Sarada's training. She remembered all the scornful, sneering looks she received from the instructors at the CTC, and from her own mother. She remembered be laughed at by everyone except Maiz and Avoca.

She was so weak and helpless back then. Now, she was the strongest Saiyan alive.

"Listen. I know what it's like to have to prove yourself to everyone because they don't think much of you. Just two years ago, I had a power level of 50. When I graduated from training, I was supposed to be moved into a space camp. Instead, I ran away here to Earth. I took a leap of faith, and it worked out. Sometimes you just have to dive into the deep end on your own, Cyanna. If you're as strong as I think you are, you'll end up swimming just fine. It won't be easy. The path of the warrior is rife with trials and heartache. Strength and character comes through adversity.

"Never forget that."
    Sarada's honest admission surprised her, though Cyanna tried not to show it too much. She did appreciate it, however it took her a few moments to decide how to respond. Finally, she nodded as she stood up straight. "Thank you, I won't ever forget it. I promise."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default Fight with the Man with the Crimson Sight

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Like a blade parting water, he strikes and the crimson glare fades across as he lands his blow. Modulated to not be lethal or enough to damage the Lookout too bad, the SheriffÂ’s beam attack Ian not powerful enough to ignore OchazukeÂ’s shot. The fist lands, the blow knocks Alt Zaofan from the air and down to the Earth.
    Hanging in the air in the follow-through, the corners of Ochazuke's grimace curled upward for a moment as he saw the burning energies fan out and dissipate.

Then the blowback struck him all at once, sending him smashing through the Lookout's observation deck. His course dragged a trench across ground stone through to the mortar, blotting an ashen pathway over the mirror sheen.

Had Zaofan underestimated him? Or had he intentionally held back? If so, what was it that the Crimson Sight sought to find?

Even as the surface surronding him billowed with a faint white smoke, when he saw the red fade away to that expanse of familiar blue a wave of relief passed through him, stilling rapidly to numbness. Any damage that would have been done to the Lookout he'd borne upon his back. But after the last throw, though he fought to get to his feet, much of his energy had been depleted. All he could do to spite his unresponsive body and was to keep his his trembling, half-shut eyes from closing.

Not...enough. Straining to lift his head upwards, each ragged breath was becoming more difficult than the last. After all that...it still is not...

The two snort and slap cuffs on him.

“Come along. We’re impounding the ship and arresting you as a material witness.”

For now he is lead out if his ship in cuffs.
    Turk just grins. " Sure thing officers." Turk said. Turk just keeps smiling as he is lead out of his ship in cuffs ( I wonder if they know I'm a gremlin and that I can actually be in multiple places due to my ability to replicate myself? ) Turk thought to himself.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-20-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hanging in the air in the follow-through, the corners of Ochazuke's grimace curled upward for a moment as he saw the burning energies fan out and dissipate.

Then the blowback struck him all at once, sending him smashing through the Lookout's observation deck. His course dragged a trench across ground stone through to the mortar, blotting an ashen pathway over the mirror sheen.

Had Zaofan underestimated him? Or had he intentionally held back? If so, what was it that the Crimson Sight sought to find?

Even as the surface surronding him billowed with a faint white smoke, when he saw the red fade away to that expanse of familiar blue a wave of relief passed through him, stilling rapidly to numbness. Any damage that would have been done to the Lookout he'd borne upon his back. But after the last throw, though he fought to get to his feet, much of his energy had been depleted. All he could do to spite his unresponsive body and was to keep his his trembling, half-shut eyes from closing.

Not...enough. Straining to lift his head upwards, each ragged breath was becoming more difficult than the last. After all that...it still is not...
    Alt Zaofan appears unconscious.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Turk just grins. " Sure thing officers." Turk said. Turk just keeps smiling as he is lead out of his ship in cuffs ( I wonder if they know I'm a gremlin and that I can actually be in multiple places due to my ability to replicate myself? ) Turk thought to himself.

As soon as the cuffs are on him, all ki, Magic, and psychic powers are shut off on him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Damn, must have been one hell of a meteor." Charco replied, approaching the portal for a second go.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar relayed this information aloud to the others once more, this time adding, "You hail from a very interesting world. I've been to many but never one where the dominant species evolved as yours did," he stated with a grateful nod. "Thank you for guiding us."
    Praxat listens to this. " I agree, and we might want to put on protective thermal suits before we head out," Praxat said. Praxat then addresses Althena. " Althena don't you think that tank top is a little too small for you?" Praxat said. Althena flexes her muscles doing various poses . " Nonsense I think it fits just fine, besides it be a waste to hide such a sculpted physique," Althena Said.

Praxat rubs her chin and then stops. ( I start to think you just wearing that because you like to show off your muscles and that eight pack of yours Althena. Yeah I only have a four pack but Althena has a freaking eight pack.) Praxat thought to herself.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-20-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

As soon as the cuffs are on him, all ki, Magic, and psychic powers are shut off on him.
    OT: Does that include biological , the gremlin race's ability to replicate themselves is biological.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    OT: Does that include biological , the gremlin race's ability to replicate themselves is biological.
    In this case, yes. It’s why Namekian’s can’t stretch or regen if cuffed by these types of restraints.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    “There was confusion at first. The Lyne separated Earth from the stars, silencing our guardian and her apprentice and their nanomachines EMPing our technology while draining and blocking our ki. It took Pantaloon and others some time to fix our tech and learn how to stop the draining. During this those with more ki than others, those capable, fought. Time turns and we kept fighting. Pantaloon learned how to save the population, he encapsulated them in new capsules and with his anti-nanotechnology serum we would no longer be drained. So a select few remained to launch guerilla tactics and strikes at the Lyne Hives. Finding them was difficult. They were enshrouded by tech, so City by City we searched. Zaofan....Zaofan fell during one such search. I was not there to support him, and Etrina...began turning then. Jack, Chuan, Eresh, Nunlil, Erosa, Evangeline, Kai, Meagan, Adam, Midori, all lost. Some fell before and after but after Zaofan died was when Etrina merged with Grav.”

“Ishtar and Sarada were gone off planet, Parsley had not yet crashed here yet with her child, and I believe in her grief she thought the power and knowledge gained from such a merging would be beneficial to all.”
    It would be fruitless to demand any more, Ochazuke thought to himself. It was plain to see that the one who would have any sort of answer lay unconscious within his Double's grasp.

"Enough has been lost in the fallout of erroneous judgment," he said. " You have your chance now to find your answers and set it right as it should have been."

He held off from saying much more, for with a glace at her frail condition, who was to say what she could endure, or how much time to live she had as a fragment hastily ripped from a condition she was forced to endure for years?

Our task has been completed. Where they go from here will fall to them alone.

"How did it fall to this, Banefire and the Knife..., "he said to his Alternate. "You've trained your students to fight, but not to see. Are the concealed threats any less real?"

It was a notion he'd known they had shared. The price for stewardship over a world so easily swayed by violence was constant vigilance.

"When you meet your father again, see to it that you tell him as much" he grunted to Ika, "Perhaps he might better remember himself and your forthcoming wish might not be in vain."