Page 290 of 782 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Etrina had been closely examining one of the inactive cairns when something old and angry began shouting over the field, finally erupting from the ground and seizing both Ishtar and Asha'rah. The Mage hesitated, they were still in the middle of the cairn field....if she threw everything she had at an unknown enemy right off the bat she'd likely pull every inactive undead in the area.

She'd have to improvise.

"Hey, your forgetting my gift!" An ice shard cracked into the back of the GoDs head, relatively low in energy but still annoying. Above him, a mini Etrina(White) waved her hands in the air and let fly another low powered shard. "Oy! Pick on something more your level ya corpse."
    He ignores you utterly.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan. taking a look at it, "He'd hide away for week if needed just to figure out what it is and how it works, unless there is more to it than just mechanics."
    "Ha! Knowing this place, there probably is." She placed the marble inside a capsule and tucked it away for safe keeping. "If it turns out to be useful, we should all take one. Should be plenty for all of us."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat grabs a metal outer casing , a generator and a spherical red marble and looks at Megan and the others saying " hmm this is a power generator this would be great for powering a mech. " " this red marble though if I had a good lab I could figure out what it does." " if I have to theorize since it was found in their power cores ."

" that it might be a power booster." " meaning these marbles might have been use to boost those flying machines overall power output." " however these detect Ki and their mechanical which means they have a radar system that detects Ki." " so this could be a radar system they use for tracking."

" though it's a red shape marble would be strange shape for a radar system." Praxat opens up the door to the armory and walks inside then adjust her googles and turns a shade of yellow that indicates she's excited saying "okay I'm going to go to work now." " I don't know what this red marble does." " so I'm not going to use it."

" if only I had a decent lab I could figure it out what it does." " what ever it is I bet it's a technologic wonder." Praxat then closes the door and gets to work build her self a mech.
    Pulling her last spare empty capsule, not counting the one designated for the weapons, "I'm going to encapsulate a few of these and bring them back fro Jinzi to play around with." Moving two of them closer together, she opens the capsule then closes it again around the fallen machines.

Then she heads back into the building to finish storing the weapons Wilhelm wanted to take with them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

As Ishtar attempts to find a suitable corpse, something happens that gives her pause.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    When Asha’rah hears that echo of a voice reach out to her is the same time Ishtar attempts to wake the dead.

A low voice echoes across the Cairn Yard.

‘Asha’rah! Asha’rah! ASHA’RAH!’
    There is a flickering sound ... a voice on the wind perhaps, and it is almost as if it is saying Asha'rah's name. This place ... Before she is capable of turning to ask, however, if the voice had been heard by any of the others, though in the end she is never afforded the chance.

"Did anyo-"

A decaying arm shoots out of the ground, wrapping around Asha’rah’s throat with incredible force, the fingers actually denying her metallic neck. Another shoots out and latches onto to Ishtar’s forearm, the grip breaking her arm as a terrible weight seems to fall upon all their senses as the voice speaks again.

Hakai!’

The Cairn Yard floor, where the dead had come from, glows reddish black and then vanishes, leaving a giant hole with two incredibly strectched arms holding the two women. The arms pull something up out of the darkness.

Glowing with a faint aura of destruction, the clearly dead Namekian looks with his missing eyes and grins.

‘You have awoken me, foolish Asha’rah. And brought me a gift of Hakai in the Oni. Thank you.’

Asha’rah knows him as Hammer, God of Destruction for Universe 18. The Mad GoD, put down and trapped millennia ago by a God of Creation during Asha’rah’s Rebellion. The memory finally slides in place in her mind. Awoken now by Ishtar and Asha’rah, beings with the energy he craves.
    An hand, strong as Katchin, explodes from the haunted soil, and Ishtar's eyes widen -- first in surprise, that quickly transitions to pain - - as she feels her bones shift, and snap as it clamps down and all but shatters her arm.

"....."

With a word then, the voice on the wind unmistakably there, now; the ground then disappears in a flash of reddish-black ... and while Ishtar knows not who this individual is, she knows well Hakai, when she sees it; and she knows well too, the species corpse that wields it.

A Namekian.

Oh ...

By the time he finally speaks, a taunt and a thanks for a gift offered -- Hakai ... Ishtar's Hakai -- the haze of surprise and pain replaced by full awareness, the golden-eyed Oni certainly had something to say.

"A gift is given to another, willingly. My Hakai is not."

Katchin Sword materializing in her unbroken arm -- the right -- Ishtar swings without a moment's hesitation, with intent to free herself from the hand clamped firmly down upon her now broken arm.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Pulling her last spare empty capsule, not counting the one designated for the weapons, "I'm going to encapsulate a few of these and bring them back fro Jinzi to play around with." Moving two of them closer together, she opens the capsule then closes it again around the fallen machines.

Then she heads back into the building to finish storing the weapons Wilhelm wanted to take with them.
    Praxat opens up the armory door and then looks at Megan as she is working on her mech saying" okay you do that." " hmm there's capsules seem to function similar to what my people use to store their stuff." " my people store their stuff in a high technologic advance device called a Jobox." " a Jobox looks a silver metallic Mini cube that's only millimeters thick."

" Joboxes store objects in their own subspace ." " the ship I came here to earth on is currently in a Jobox." " oh when we get back to earth I'm going to applied for a job at Capsule Corp. "
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-20-2018 at 08:29 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

"Interesting..." Quila was far from a scientist like Dr. Absinthe, but his machine nature did give him enough of an insight to appreciate the technology he was looking at, all the while processing and storing his current memories for further inspection once they returned home. This and the data pads he had scanned wirelessly would certainly intrigue the doctor's infamous curiosity.

Glancing up, his sensors detected a sudden burst of energy in the distance.

"I suspect there's been an issue for the others." The child said to those nearby.

Another shoots out and latches onto to Ishtar’s forearm, the grip breaking her arm as a terrible weight seems to fall upon all their senses as the voice speaks again.
    It felt like Sarada's arm had been snapped in half by an incredibly powerful force. "Agh!" She touched the appendage, only to realize that it was fine. Which meant that Ishtar was in trouble at the Cairn yard. Why she insisted going back to that damned place was beyond her, but she apparently felt that it was for a good enough reason.

'Ishtar, what's going on? Are you okay??'
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

back on earth a old man is meditating under a water fall with various animals around him. the old man has a peaceful look on his face and opens his eyes saying " that Praxat my pupil she's not a bad student , but she's not great either." " that frog girl knows her tech but isn't what I would call a fighting genius." "in this vast cosmos there are different types of intelligence. "

" Praxat mostly possesses Logical-mathematical intelligence, and Linguistic Intelligence ." " she's average in other types of intelligence." " the type of intelligence she's most lacking in is Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence or what we martial artist like to call combat intelligence. " " I thought her but it wasn't easy."

" it's not easy teaching someone who lacks that type of intelligence martial arts." " still even after I train her that frog girl thinks way too much when it comes to combat." " all that over complex thinking is useless in one on one combat." " that type of thinking makes her attacks predictable. "

" of course she's not like a Saiyan, Saiyans particularly born battle geniuses." " another thing about that frog girl is I never know what she's feel." " she always has that emotionless blank expression on her face." " she always looks like she's give you the thousand-yard stare."

the old man hears a ringing and takes phone out of his pocket read's a message that says " Khan we need your assistance there's a problem with a electrical grid." Khan types a text message that says " okay I'm on my way." Khan looks up at the sky saying " being both a martial artist and a electrical engineer isn't easy." " somewhere someone is always have problems with their electricity."

" problems I have to fix, but I'm, really get too old for that ****."

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It felt like Sarada's arm had been snapped in half by an incredibly powerful force. "Agh!" She touched the appendage, only to realize that it was fine. Which meant that Ishtar was in trouble at the Cairn yard. Why she insisted going back to that damned place was beyond her, but she apparently felt that it was for a good enough reason.

'Ishtar, what's going on? Are you okay??'
    There is a momentary silence, before Ishtar offers a brief response.

'No. The Carin Yard is gone. We have found a former ... GoD. Long dead ... hungry. He seeks my Hakai.'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    There is a momentary silence, before Ishtar offers a brief response.

'No. The Carin Yard is gone. We have found a former ... GoD. Long dead ... hungry. He seeks my Hakai.'
    There was a lot to unpack there, and it showed on Sarada's face.

First and most importantly, Ishtar wasn't okay. The sudden pain in her arm could only mean Ishtar's arm was broken. That bastard zombie hurt her Oni... she would worry about how to deal with that once she got there. Right then, she needed to finish processing what all she had just been told. The next bit was that the Cairn was gone. She couldn't even fathom the amount of energy needed to destroy that place, especially considering it was filled with monstrosities that fed on ki and magical energy.

Lastly, they had run across a long-dead God of Destruction, which had apparently been buried in the Yard with the rest of the undead creatures. What was worse, he wanted Ishtar's Hakai. That was troublesome in and of itself, not even factoring in the fact that he would need to kill her to siphon off her Hakai energy, much like how Asha'rah killed Inda'ren.

Well, that wasn't going to happen. It just went without saying. Sarada would kill a(n already dead) god before she let anything else happen to her beloved Oni.

There was only so much time left to respond, so Sarada did the first thing that came to mind. 'I'm on my way.' She rose into the air, then took a brief second to ponder the consequences. Powering up would allow her to fly much faster and arrive far sooner, but doing so would attract more of those damned birds, and after having just chewed Dash out for doing the same, she was reluctant to do so. Not only that, but it would only compound their problems in the coming battle.

She'd have to fly without an aura, which would drive her insane, but it was the safest bet. "Ishtar and the others are in trouble. They ran into a dead god of destruction. Ishtar's already hurt and the Cairn Yard was destroyed. Follow me if you want but keep your power down." With that and without waiting for replies from the others, she flew toward where she felt Ishtar and the others as fast as she could without raising her power.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

First and most importantly, Ishtar wasn't okay. The sudden pain in her arm could only mean Ishtar's arm was broken. That bastard zombie hurt her Oni... she would worry about how to deal with that once she got there. Right then, she needed to finish processing what all she had just been told. The next bit was that the Cairn was gone. She couldn't even fathom the amount of energy needed to destroy that place, especially considering it was filled with monstrosities that fed on ki and magical energy.

Lastly, they had run across a long-dead God of Destruction, which had apparently been buried in the Yard with the rest of the undead creatures. What was worse, he wanted Ishtar's Hakai. That was troublesome in and of itself, not even factoring in the fact that he would need to kill her to siphon off her Hakai energy, much like how Asha'rah killed Inda'ren.

Well, that wasn't going to happen. It just went without saying. Sarada would kill a(n already dead) god before she let anything else happen to her beloved Oni.

There was only so much time left to respond, so Sarada did the first thing that came to mind. 'I'm on my way.' She rose into the air, then took a brief second to ponder the consequences. Powering up would allow her to fly much faster and arrive far sooner, but doing so would attract more of those damned birds, and after having just chewed Dash out for doing the same, she was reluctant to do so. Not only that, but it would only compound their problems in the coming battle.

She'd have to fly without an aura, which would drive her insane, but it was the safest bet. "Ishtar and the others are in trouble. They ran into a dead god of destruction. Ishtar's already hurt and the Cairn Yard was destroyed. Follow me if you want but keep your power down." With that and without waiting for replies from the others, she flew toward where she felt Ishtar and the others as fast as she could without raising her power.
    A God of Destruction... haven't had one of those in a long time...

Those inner stirrings only confused Charco, but he had long learned not to bother delving too deep into questions he might never get the answers for. Still, such an event was enough to get him out of his seat, "No idea what the hell that is, but it sounds fun." With that, he took off after Sarada.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar attempts to find a suitable corpse, something happens that gives her pause.

There is a flickering sound ... a voice on the wind perhaps, and it is almost as if it is saying Asha'rah's name. This place ... Before she is capable of turning to ask, however, if the voice had been heard by any of the others, though in the end she is never afforded the chance.

"Did anyo-"

An hand, strong as Katchin, explodes from the haunted soil, and Ishtar's eyes widen -- first in surprise, that quickly transitions to pain - - as she feels her bones shift, and snap as it clamps down and all but shatters her arm.

"....."

With a word then, the voice on the wind unmistakably there, now; the ground then disappears in a flash of reddish-black ... and while Ishtar knows not who this individual is, she knows well Hakai, when she sees it; and she knows well too, the species corpse that wields it.

A Namekian.

Oh ...

By the time he finally speaks, a taunt and a thanks for a gift offered -- Hakai ... Ishtar's Hakai -- the haze of surprise and pain replaced by full awareness, the golden-eyed Oni certainly had something to say.

"A gift is given to another, willingly. My Hakai is not."

Katchin Sword materializing in her unbroken arm -- the right -- Ishtar swings without a moment's hesitation, with intent to free herself from the hand clamped firmly down upon her now broken arm.
    The sword cuts right through, severing the arm and letting Ishtar free. The hand on her arm withers and turns to dust even as a new decayed arm grows back on Hammer.

A high powered sound rings through the air as Wilhelm fires and severs the hand holding Asha’rah, freeing her. This arm too grows back, and Hammer just laughs.

‘Toys and tricks. Weak.’

His form begins to grow, the stench of millennia’s of decay, rot, and dirt fills the air as his form grows bigger.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-20-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Having finished her work, Meagan was about to go back outside when she heard Sarada's words.

"Cyanna, Dash, you two stay here and guard the Princess. Contact me if there is a problem."

with that she followed Sarada, keeping her Ki suppressed as much as possible.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ochazuke stood there on the perimeter of the Cairns where they rest, their green light rising and falling in a long protracted rhythm, as if buoyed upon the pulse of the dying planet upon which they stood. One of his hands rest on the ancient stone surface.

Who made this ancient device, and for what purpose?

Though the deeper mysteries upon the surface eluded him, where he stood examining this, the faint aura within him was set fit to feel, to listen. The graven monuments stood fast, their power coursed deep within the earth-

When Asha’rah hears that echo of a voice reach out to her is the same time Ishtar attempts to wake the dead.

A low voice echoes across the Cairn Yard.

‘Asha’rah! Asha’rah! ASHA’RAH!’

A decaying arm shoots out of the ground, wrapping around Asha’rah’s throat with incredible force, the fingers actually denting her metallic neck. Another shoots out and latches onto to Ishtar’s forearm, the grip breaking her arm as a terrible weight seems to fall upon all their senses as the voice speaks again.

Hakai!’

The Cairn Yard floor, where the dead had come from, glows reddish black and then vanishes, leaving a giant hole with two incredibly strectched arms holding the two women. The arms pull something up out of the darkness.

*snip*

Glowing with a faint aura of destruction, the clearly dead Namekian looks with his missing eyes and grins.

‘You have awoken me, foolish Asha’rah. And brought me a gift of Hakai in the Oni. Thank you.’

Asha’rah knows him as Hammer, God of Destruction for Universe 18. The Mad GoD, put down and trapped millennia ago by a God of Creation during Asha’rah’s Rebellion. The memory finally slides in place in her mind. Awoken now by Ishtar and Asha’rah, beings with the energy he craves.
    ...and swiftly resolved themselves to dust before him as suddenly he lost his footing and fell forward on the crumbling soil below his feet.

What fresh hell..?

It leapt out quickly, flashed, and left nothing in its wake. A thing which he had seen once, only where it rest silently in a familiar place.

But no, though it bore the same surface, this was no true test of the Black Fire. In fact, this was something older, and much faded in its resolve.

Rising to his feet, he beheld the corpse of the Namekian rear its hollow eyes and bellow, his voice carrying with it the airs of rankness which cut through the heart of this world.

"Destroyer..."

Having finished her work, Meagan was about to go back outside when she heard Sarada's words.

"Cyanna, Dash, you two stay here and guard the Princess. Contact me if there is a problem."

with that she followed Sarada, keeping her Ki suppressed as much as possible.
    A faint crackle raises over the group's comm devices as the surge of power cut through the air. When the signal returned, two firm words were spoken.

"Stand down."

The sword cuts right through, severing the arm and letting Ishtar free. The hand on her arm withers and turns to dust even as a new decayed arm grows back on Hammer.

A high powered sound rings through the air as Wilhelm fires and severs the hand holding Asha’rah, freeing her. This omen too grows back, and Hammer just laughs.

‘Toys and tricks. Weak.’

His form begins to grow, the stench of millennia’s of decay, rot, and dirt fills the air as his form grows bigger.
    Ochazuke pulled himself out of the dust of the grater, and slowly he began to piece the dire circumstances before them.

"No other bodies in this upturned grave but our own. Whatever enacted the Cairn shall neither avail us nor be discovered..."

Hearing Wilhem's shot ring out and shatter Hammer's arm, Ochazuke noted this and grumbled to himself.

"I see."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    A faint crackle raises over the group's comm devices as the surge of power cut through the air. When the signal returned, two firm words were spoken.

"Stand down."
    Ochazuke's voice cut into the comm, a pair of words spoke firmly and unwavering.

"Stand down?" The words at this moment sounded foreign, as if spoke by an ancient alien in a long dead dialect forgotten by mortal ears. They also carried an action that was the exact opposite of what she knew needed to be done. Staying put meant leaving Ishtar with that undead god, something that was unacceptable.

"No! Ishtar's in trouble and I'm coming to help her!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!