Page 433 of 782 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 11718

Default Dinner and a Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada already knew that Ishtar loved her. The lovely oni was the first between them to say so, after all. That spontaneous moment seemed so long ago. Even further seemed the reluctance Sarada felt at voicing her reciprocation of those feelings. She was still hung up on Jack and wanted to have her cake and eat it too. She was glad that phase passed when it did - even if how did passed left much to be desired.

Now, there was nothing and no one hindering her from making her love for her beautiful husband known... except her psychological aversion to making public displays of affection like this. Anything overtly sexual was fine; it was the romantic **** that she had no taste for. Which made what she just said so special. She knew that at least someone heard what she said, but she didn't care. In that moment, it was the perfect thing to say.

Hearing Ishtar say the same, even if she already knew she did, made her feel warm inside. It made her feel good. She wanted to hear it over and over again because she would never get sick of hearing it.

She lifted the slender hand she was holding and brought it to her lips.
    As the two stared at each other lovingly, Ishtar couldn't help but think back on the progression. It had been an interesting one, after all, her self-repression on the decline, they had agreed to little more than a lust-filled encounter which had been further aided by the addition of Kava Water -- for which Ishtar perhaps owed Zaofan thanks -- and had continued from there. Of course, there had certainly been a brief blunder, their meeting on the Lookout that first day back after Battersea's death ... yet in the end it had seemed to progress at the pace it needed to.

And now here they were.

Basking yet in the glow of shared emotion, Ishtar simply chuckled as Sarada took the extra step; offering an outward display of affection -- not lust -- without offering a single word.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meanwhile, downstairs in the infirmary, Meagan's turn in the Healing Chamber finishes and she steps out. Drying herself off, she puts on the clothes left for her by the Sisters.

Making her way up to the dinning room, she pauses just outside when she hears Sarada and Isthar talking. With a slight smile, she delays her entrance, changing direction and going instead to her office. She gives them another 15 minutes or so, using the time to look over paperwork that she'll have to deal with in the morning.

Then she heads back to the Dinning room, casually greeting her guests, "It's not a five star restaurant, but it's home. I hope you have been well taken care of."
    When Meagan arrived, she found Sarada kissing Ishtar's hand. When her voice reached her, she didn't drop Ishtar's hand, but instead gently set it back down on the table. "*ahem* Yes, the service, the food, and the wine have all been very good. Almost as good as the view outside."

If her skin wasn't so dark, there would have been a crimson blush coloring her face. Instead, she had to settle for feeling hot under the collar. "So, those pods did a good job healing us up. Jinzi's work, I presume?"
    It was about this time, that Meagan returned, and visibly flustered Sarada ended the tender kiss and attempted to -- while all but blushing -- change the subject. For her part, all Ishtar could do was chuckle. "I have little experience with finer cuisine, but it was quiet good. As was the service though ... I doubt I will ever grow accustomed to it." She had yet to fully acclimatize to the living arrangements on Vocado -- being tended to by Royal Servants -- and this was in many ways no different.

Returning to the moment, however, Ishtar smiled at Meagan.

"As to your hand here ... I think you will do quite well as Guardian here, Meagan."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Sarada already knew that Ishtar loved her. The lovely oni was the first between them to say so, after all. That spontaneous moment seemed so long ago. Even further seemed the reluctance Sarada felt at voicing her reciprocation of those feelings. She was still hung up on Jack and wanted to have her cake and eat it too. She was glad that phase passed when it did - even if how did passed left much to be desired.

Now, there was nothing and no one hindering her from making her love for her beautiful husband known... except her psychological aversion to making public displays of affection like this. Anything overtly sexual was fine; it was the romantic **** that she had no taste for. Which made what she just said so special. She knew that at least someone heard what she said, but she didn't care. In that moment, it was the perfect thing to say.

Hearing Ishtar say the same, even if she already knew she did, made her feel warm inside. It made her feel good. She wanted to hear it over and over again because she would never get sick of hearing it.

She lifted the slender hand she was holding and brought it to her lips.

When Meagan arrived, she found Sarada kissing Ishtar's hand. When her voice reached her, she didn't drop Ishtar's hand, but instead gently set it back down on the table. "*ahem* Yes, the service, the food, and the wine have all been very good. Almost as good as the view outside."

If her skin wasn't so dark, there would have been a crimson blush coloring her face. Instead, she had to settle for feeling hot under the collar. "So, those pods did a good job healing us up. Jinzi's work, I presume?"

"Actually they are Sayian made, purchased as part of treaty negations between Chroma and Vocado after the war. Jinzi and Capsule Corps has also been very helpful in the rebuilding. I expect the world government to elect a diplomatic team to make contact with Earth, to establish relations as well, sometime this year." Meagan did her best to act as if she hadn't, unintentionally of course, entered during a personal moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As the two stared at each other lovingly, Ishtar couldn't help but think back on the progression. It had been an interesting one, after all, her self-repression on the decline, they had agreed to little more than a lust-filled encounter which had been further aided by the addition of Kava Water -- for which Ishtar perhaps owed Zaofan thanks -- and had continued from there. Of course, there had certainly been a brief blunder, their meeting on the Lookout that first day back after Battersea's death ... yet in the end it had seemed to progress at the pace it needed to.

And now here they were.

Basking yet in the glow of shared emotion, Ishtar simply chuckled as Sarada took the extra step; offering an outward display of affection -- not lust -- without offering a single word.

It was about this time, that Meagan returned, and visibly flustered Sarada ended the tender kiss and attempted to -- while all but blushing -- change the subject. For her part, all Ishtar could do was chuckle. "I have little experience with finer cuisine, but it was quiet good. As was the service though ... I doubt I will ever grow accustomed to it." She had yet to fully acclimatize to the living arrangements on Vocado -- being tended to by Royal Servants -- and this was in many ways no different.

"As to your hand here ... I think you will do quite well as Guardian here, Meagan."
    With a smile, "I am trying, thank you. There is something to be said for the anonymity Lady Eva had enjoyed for so long. Here on Chroma, my people keep me busy. Down time is rare."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Release those here, and I shall make an acception for the dead. Her parents restored.”
    The strength left Fates Body. ".........you'll give them another chance together?......" She asked, the lowered her head. "...and what about me. I've seen what happens to the ones that fought the system before.....what wonderful little lawn ornament do you have prepared for someone like me.....or will you even bother with that much..."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "!"

Zaofan hurries to the manor in a hurried strut, lightly alternating between walk and sprint. He attempts to sidestep the people to enter the manor, to slip through in full visibility but without disturbing anyone.

Hm, they seem harmless enough. But I need to get up to the second floor, quickly! I could fly, but with this many people around, it could raise some attention...

"Wait..."

Zaofan stops in his tracks to try to discern just what had happened. What was that? What did it do? Damnable magic!
    The tremor of magic subsides as soon as it began....perhaps its cause lay somewhere nearby, though no answer was easily provided.

The occupants all drop what they're doing, also confused by what was happening. Then turn there gaze onto Zaofan...

"Zaofan?" A familiar voice calls sleepily from the doorway as Etrina emerges.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 11-17-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The strength left Fates Body. ".........you'll give them another chance together?......" She asked, the lowered her head. "...and what about me. I've seen what happens to the ones that fought the system before.....what wonderful little lawn ornament do you have prepared for someone like me.....or will you even bother with that much..."
    “I could make you mortal. Remove your curse of Fate’s power that had been thrust upon you so cruelly. Last Evangeline’s was removed, yours can too. You could live a life full and happy.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Hey..Ow...Ow...Hey....Hey....OW!!" Chrona struggled under the pin, clearing having expected a fight but not one that was this brutal. "...point for one liners but she can't...owow....hear you from here....." Asha'rah however, continued to mudamudamuda all over her undefended back.

"C'mon...Ow...I yield.....your the superior fighter.....she didn't tell me you were gonna beat the snot outta me this badly......"
    Chrona's words had just enough effect upon Asha'rah to stay the god's hand from trapping her in molten lava. Instead, she was encased in rock from neck to toe, rendering her unable to build any momentum without first making an obvious struggle and likely hurting herself if she used energy blasts.

What was of greater concern to her than Chrona's pain, however, was the familiar's seeming dropping of the facade. They were in combat within Chrona's master's sanctum, with at least one major party yet to be accounted for. Still, her wording so far was...sufficiently vague to be taken to refer to Etrina's doppelganger rather than Chrona's own aspect. Asha'rah raised a glowing violet hand, poised to grip Parsic's throat and crush it. To give Chrona credibility, of course. But also because it pleased Asha'rah to imagine ending Chrona there and then, even if presumably killing this Chrona wouldn't affect the one who had laid hands on Erosa at her lowest.

Asha'rah's wrath would ebb eventually. Probably. In truth, Chrona was a far more sympathetic figure than Parsic. Until Asha'rah calmed, however, the image of Erosa disappearing right before her very eyes would fuel many a gruesome fantasy. Time to shift the conversation to safer ground.

"Where is Parsic?"
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 11-17-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I could make you mortal. Remove your curse of Fate’s power that had been thrust upon you so cruelly. Last Evangeline’s was removed, yours can too. You could live a life full and happy.”
    At this, Fate chuckles without an ounce of humor in her voice. "........I can never live a full and happy life.....but I'll suffer one if it means I can make sure she gets the life I tried to make for her........I'll accept...." Fate didn't seem to happy with the matter, but neither was she putting up anymore fight.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Chrona's words had just enough effect upon Asha'rah to stay the god's hand from trapping her in molten lava. Instead, she was encased in rock from neck to toe, rendering her unable to build any momentum without first making an obvious struggle and likely hurting herself if she used energy blasts.

What was of greater concern to her than Chrona's pain, however, was the familiar's seeming dropping of the facade. They were in combat within Chrona's master's sanctum, with at least one major party yet to be accounted for. Still, her wording so far was...sufficiently vague to be taken to refer to Etrina's doppelganger rather than Chrona's own aspect. Asha'rah raised a glowing violet hand, poised to grip Parsic's throat and crush it. To give Chrona credibility, of course. But also because it pleased Asha'rah to imagine ending Chrona there and then, even if presumably killing this Chrona wouldn't affect the one who had laid hands on Erosa at her lowest.

Asha'rah's wrath would ebb eventually. Probably. In truth, Chrona was a far more sympathetic figure than Parsic. Until Asha'rah calmed, however, the image of Erosa disappearing right before her very eyes would fuel many a gruesome fantasy. Time to shift the conversation to safer ground.

"Where is Parsic?"
    "She's was still regenerating awhile ago.....I can't exactly keep track of her, not like she can keep track of us anyways. She still shouldn't be capable of combat until..." Chrona jerked her head around. "...No, I'm pretty sure she isn't planning on interfering....future me would have said so."

Eyeing her glowing hand, Chrona wiggled a little. "......or do you plan on torturing me for information....to think I would be brought so low....." It was clear she was hamming this part up, perhaps for the benefit of anyone nearby since she was doing in particularly loud.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 11-17-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

At this, Fate chuckles without an ounce of humor in her voice. "........I can never live a full and happy life.....but I'll suffer one if it means I can make sure she gets the life I tried to make for her........I'll accept...." Fate didn't seem to happy with the matter, but neither was she putting up anymore fight.
    “Release your hold over my friends first, please. In good faith, I shall restore her parents.”

Her eyes flash.

“It is done. They live once more.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

And now here they were.

"Actually they are Sayian made, purchased as part of treaty negations between Chroma and Vocado after the war. Jinzi and Capsule Corps has also been very helpful in the rebuilding. I expect the world government to elect a diplomatic team to make contact with Earth, to establish relations as well, sometime this year." Meagan did her best to act as if she hadn't, unintentionally of course, entered during a personal moment.

With a smile, "I am trying, thank you. There is something to be said for the anonymity Lady Eva had enjoyed for so long. Here on Chroma, my people keep me busy. Down time is rare."
    Sarada raised an eyebrow, then nodded. "Ah, right. I should have recognized the design." It spoke to how much she respected Jinzi's engineering skill that she assumed that the pods belonged to him. At any rate, it was good to see at least some people held Saiyans in high enough esteem to use their technology, even if there were better options.

"As for that diplomatic meeting we talked about, let's shoot for next week. By that point, things should settled back into the usual routine on Vocado and we could use something to occupy ourselves with after the last few weeks."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada raised an eyebrow, then nodded. "Ah, right. I should have recognized the design." It spoke to how much she respected Jinzi's engineering skill that she assumed that the pods belonged to him. At any rate, it was good to see at least some people held Saiyans in high enough esteem to use their technology, even if there were better options.

"As for that diplomatic meeting we talked about, let's shoot for next week. By that point, things should settled back into the usual routine on Vocado and we could use something to occupy ourselves with after the last few weeks."
    "Yes, lets' do that. Looking forward to seeing your home world." Meagan then shook her head slightly, "Not sure that I'm looking to all the formality of it. But, that comes with the job, doesn't it?" She smiled, "If the two of you wish for more alone time, I can get what I need from the kitchen and leave. Though there are guest quarters here that you are free to use. Four rooms are reserved, you'll see them marked as such. You can have your pick of one of the other five."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " these visions are I have no idea what they could me." " it's like I'm just seeing random pictures in my head." " what has happen to the Toadian Kingdom on Qacriea in the 2,000 years I was frozen ? " " I'm so in the dark here."

" oh when I saw that so called demon in my vison who frozen my 2,000 years ago. " " it was like I was staring into his eyes and all I saw was simply pure and utter evil!" " the moment I saw him in my vision I was overcome with dread. "
    for Cleric

Althena says to Eva " yeah there's a lot of info in the Book of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam." " 500,000 years worth of info in fact. " " each Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam master has their own chapter in the book include me." " the visions of my home planet Qacriea I'm seen somehow they feel like event that have already happen."

" it is like I can sense the current state my home planet Qacriea is in." " when I first encounter Nya 2,000 years ago I couldn't figure him out and now that I saw him in a vison ." " I still can't ." " it's like there is no rhyme or reason for his actions."

" almost as if he was being purely chaotic being!" meanwhile at Capsule Corp Qaztoh says this to Jinzi and Praxat " about that Nya character my ancestor Althena mention" " remember a story I was told by this old man on this one planet." " it was story about how ancient kingdom vanish over night."

"okay to this old man's story there once was a kingdom called Zerxes out their in space." " according to the story one day a strange figure in a black cloak appear before the ruler of this kingdom often them a way to gain immortality." "it is said in the story that the ruler of this Kingdom has selfish and greedy. " " that the strange entity prey on that making this King into a puppet."

"it is said in the story that this entity thought this kingdom what would be know as Alchemy ,and that it trick this ancient Kingdom's ruler and his subjects into create a magical symbol that drain their very life force by promising them immortality ." " leaving no trance of their bodies." " after that the rest of the story is just a big blank." " the old man who told me this story said that the being would have made this ancient Kingdom in the story vanish over night name was Nyarlathotep!"

" the old man refer to this being as the Crawling Chaos." " he also told me there are similar stories just like this one on across a lot of planets feature a character with the same exact name." Praxat replies to this saying " hmm so according to the old man who told you this story." " this Nyarlathotep shows up in many other similar stories on a vast variety across a lot of planets ."

" somehow I don't think that the story that old man told you was just a fable." " it's one thing to just be a fable but for this same character to appear in bunch of similar stories across entire planets." "there has to be some truth to that story."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-17-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Sarada had to admit, the kid's enthusiasm was infectious. She reminded her of, well, herself when she was her age. Eyes wide and full of innocent wonder, and fists clenched ready to punch the nearest person in the face in hopes of starting a fight. There was nothing better than seeing a Saiyan when they were young.

"You know it, kiddo. Just make sure you don't hold back for my account. I want to see your full power, understand?"

She turned her attention to Nevanlinna and shrugged on shoulder. "You're right. I'm actually supposed to be working right now, but took a break when I felt that Ishtar was in the middle of a fight. Gotta get real-time training in when you kind, you know."

Hm. Interesting that the former princess was so eager to scrap. She wanted to say that was Seri's battle lust rubbing off on her, but she knew it was because she was training to possibly fight her way back home. She had a lofty mountain to climb, that was for sure. "Next time I'm here, I'll see what you can do. Make sure you use your magic. I train against it every day, but experiencing different spells and incantations will do me some good."
    The young girl beamed at the Saiyan queen. "You betcha! I'm gonna train with Nev-Nev and even stronger so we can have lotsa fun!" With that, Seri meandered off to go investigate the rest of the lookout, her tail wagging excitedly at the prospect of fighting not one, but both of the queens.

Nevanlinna stared after her for a moment. It was... good to see her in such high spirits, after what she went through. Saiyan or not, children should be happy and excited, not... afraid of their own shadow, as Seri was for a short while after she'd been rescued. Honestly, besides the obsession with fighting, she wasn't too much different from a Threshling child. After a moment, she turned her attention back to Sarada.

"Of course. Circumstances willing, I'll do my utmost to make the fight as... fulfilling as possible. And... two more things..." She paused for a moment. "...first, I apologize for my... unkind words during our previous meetings. They were unwarranted. And second... you have my condolences in regards to your sister. I'm sure she will be resurrected with all due haste, but losing a sibling, even one that... has such a sordid history with you, cannot be easy."

Ishtar blinked. One supposed that was a fair contention. Hearing that a staple of one's species was nothing more than a proto-species was certainly ... problematic; requesting proof of such was nothing more than proper. Though that did raise some issue, or another. Namely ...

"I suppose I could attempt to bring you to Sihn," Ishtar considered. "He is the one who shared this information ... and as the caretaker of this Universe he would certainly know how best to prove this truth to you ... having not experienced Auroc, yourself. Though," the Oni stopped short to consider something. "I do not intend to waste what was given, to take you there. Though I am certain my uncle would not mind a visit."

Ishtar offered Nevanlinna a shrug.

As for her mother, however ...

"Hm ... Nergal was certainly stronger than three million." The golden-eyed Oni mused aloud, "yet given the damage I sustained ... likely not wise to attempt direct confrontation quite yet." The tidbit about her pending assassination attempt however was certainly curious however, and certainly a thread to tug.

"What might she do, if proof of such a plot against her was offered up as a ... gift ?"
    Sihn? The name was one she didn't recognize, but they were clearly an associate of Ishtars that could lend credence to her claims about Auroc. And yet, it seemed that the Oni was incapable--or unwilling--to take her to this 'Sihn' at the moment. "Hm, well, the next time you have a chance to meet this... Sihn, I request that I be allowed to converse with him as well. If Auroc is indeed some... thing like that Sasheem creature, then I would lend myself to the cause of removing him from power without hesitation, for what it's worth."

The question about trying to... bargain, more or less, with her mother was interesting, though... "I've seen no indication that she is as... open-minded as I am when it comes to other species. Unless presented with strong evidence presented by another Threshling, she would in all likelihood brush it off as a ploy to sow mistrust and dissent among our ranks. Even my warning was met with a tepid promise to keep an eye on him."

Nevanlinna paused for a moment to consider something. "Then again, it would appear that I did not know at least some of my family as well as one would hope, so it is entirely possible my mother may listen to someone who brings that proof, even if they are an outsider."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Yes, lets' do that. Looking forward to seeing your home world." Meagan then shook her head slightly, "Not sure that I'm looking to all the formality of it. But, that comes with the job, doesn't it?" She smiled, "If the two of you wish for more alone time, I can get what I need from the kitchen and leave. Though there are guest quarters here that you are free to use. Four rooms are reserved, you'll see them marked as such. You can have your pick of one of the other five."
    "I'm still getting used to it myself," Sarada replied. Being waited on hand and foot was nice, but having to watch what she said when around any other race was bothersome. Sometimes, the curses just wanted to fly out, but she couldn't do that because non-Saiyans had sensitive ears and hated profanity.

Well, that wasn't exactly true, but it might as well have been.

"I figure I'll let you visit some of the schools and orphanages so you can get a load of my race's future." She figured Rutaba would be thrilled to see Meagan again. I can probably use that visit to set up some field trips and research ventures to Chroma to gather some data for curriculum. Plus, this place is beautiful and rich in history, so it'd do them some good.

When the subject of staying the night came up, Sarada nearly choked on her wine. "Ah. Thanks for the hospitality, but I must insist that we return home." I'm pretty sure the rooms here aren't soundproof. Not that I care, but someone passing by might.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Painful enough to damage ... perhaps even cripple, but certainly well short of killing her outright. It was still clear that Ishtar was out of her depth here.

Certainly not the first time.

As she came screaming to a stop however -- the wall proving to be her 'brakes' as she slammed into it -- Fate took a moment to regain composure, which thankfully, allowed time to spit the blood from her mouth and shake of the concussive haze as she processed a response.

"That is not ... your suffering. That is suffering you permitted to be."
    "I never permitted anything.....no more then gravity permits people to die from blunt impact. By the way........perfect reasoning why I never summoned a the concept of gravity as a familiar. Would carry even more baggage then me." Fate idly comment, then put on a face of self disguest, as she waited for Ishtar to right herself.

The Oni pried herself free from the hole she'd made, and dropped to the cavern floor.

"That you think ... you could kill me though, is somewhat ... hold on."[/QUOTE]

"By all means....I'm not in a hurr..."

Ishtar paused, before dropping to her knees so that she could vomit up more blood. Standing back up, she eyed Fate some moments before nodding. "Better.
    "......Ewww....looks like you might have a punctured stomach......I'd use that lovely temporal reversal my daughter is so fond of but If I recall you have a very resistant body....so I guess we'll settle for puking all over my floor." Fate groaned. ".....but at least your not fighting anymore......How about we sit down and discuss this, aunt to niece. I think we've got off on the wrong foot.....I assure you I'm taking the utmost care of my daughter Etrina, if that's what your so worried about.