Page 434 of 782 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I'm still getting used to it myself," Sarada replied. Being waited on hand and foot was nice, but having to watch what she said when around any other race was bothersome. Sometimes, the curses just wanted to fly out, but she couldn't do that because non-Saiyans had sensitive ears and hated profanity.

Well, that wasn't exactly true, but it might as well have been.

"I figure I'll let you visit some of the schools and orphanages so you can get a load of my race's future." She figured Rutaba would be thrilled to see Meagan again. I can probably use that visit to set up some field trips and research ventures to Chroma to gather some data for curriculum. Plus, this place is beautiful and rich in history, so it'd do them some good.

When the subject of staying the night came up, Sarada nearly choked on her wine. "Ah. Thanks for the hospitality, but I must insist that we return home." I'm pretty sure the rooms here aren't soundproof. Not that I care, but someone passing by might.
    Seeing Sarada's response, Meagan nearly laughed but managed to contain it, "I understand. The barrier around the Temple would keep your portal from working. When you are ready to leave, I'll create an opening in it for you. Until then, enjoy your meal, and the quiet." with that, she excused herself and made her way into the kitchen, out of sight of her two guests.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default Shattered Soldier: 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Willa bowled as she vented, throwing Crimson blasts as the two year through the prison. Yoked as she’d been, she had still grown stronger. Mental battle practice, a hidden technique, had done her well.

Upon escaping, she smirks as she breathes in fresh air and points. There, a rough patch of dirt.

“There. Stand there with me. Our escape is here.”
    The remnants of sterile, shattered walls littered the crumbled penitentiary premises, the nostalgic ozone smell of boiling metal like so many of those shattered platoons that fell behind them in years past. Stilled there in the darkness, that humiliation of yesteryear was furthest from her mind. As sirens walked through the dead night, Kenshiko in the midst of the blooded noise and the racing thoughts of danger felt alive.

Yet when Willa gave the order, she suddenly froze. Pulled from that familiar stream of violent rhythm, Kenshiko found herself standing apart there in the distant cold cusp of freedom .

For four years she'd served with the company of the Red Raiders. Those were the days. The Colonel saw the rot at the heart of this world and had convinced her with a vision in common. Time after time Kenshiko led her company on the battlefield, to stoke that dream until it would one day burn Grinthorn's false peace and his order of lies to ash. Marching out with her squadrons, they blew the dams at Melon Gorge. After they buried the dead at Swallow Hill, those who remained looked to her for support; with a snarl, she offered them grit instead, and had loaned many a doubtful Raider her claws as she beat the strength of discipline into them.

Her dreams had died, so she fought and bled for Willa's. The orders came from the top, but from below, together with the corpsmen on the ground she seized many victories with them, and bled just as much in solidarity. All the while, they were none the wiser to the hidden matters behind that crimson hand that deigned to shatter the World Government. The Golem told her to hold the fort, so she did, trading the lives of her squadron to shunt the rest off elswhere. To coordinates unknown, hidden from the ears of a certain rank and file.

She turned around and snapped her fist before her, launching a wave of replenished ki into a wave that pushed back inside the prison complex, rolling forward and expanding as it swallowed the suppression fire from behind. Whatever else Willa had hidden from her, it would have to wait. Standing back to back with her on that broken earth, perhaps she would see for herself soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I never permitted anything.....no more then gravity permits people to die from blunt impact. By the way........perfect reasoning why I never summoned a the concept of gravity as a familiar. Would carry even more baggage then me." Fate idly comment, then put on a face of self disguest, as she waited for Ishtar to right herself.

"By all means....I'm not in a hurr..."

"......Ewww....looks like you might have a punctured stomach......I'd use that lovely temporal reversal my daughter is so fond of but If I recall you have a very resistant body....so I guess we'll settle for puking all over my floor." Fate groaned. ".....but at least your not fighting anymore......How about we sit down and discuss this, aunt to niece. I think we've got off on the wrong foot.....I assure you I'm taking the utmost care of my daughter Etrina, if that's what your so worried about.
    "Likely," Ishtar confirmed. "Does not change you are incapable of killing me." Hearing however, Fate's false equivocation, the golden-eyed Oni shook her head and with a grunt offered a rebuttal that cut clean through.

"Gravity is not aware, it simply is. That you compare yourself to such a thing, in a bid to deny any hand in the suffering you have thrust on how many trillions; and at the same time balk and lament at your own ?"

Ishtar spit blood at Fate's feet.

"Like so many lesser gods, and goddesses before you ... you are little more than a child who seeks to cow the universe to twisted whims ... so tell me, dear Aunt of mine ... how you could even begin to understand how best to care for another."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    for Cleric

Althena says to Eva " yeah there's a lot of info in the Book of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam." " 500,000 years worth of info in fact. " " each Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam master has their own chapter in the book include me." " the visions of my home planet Qacriea I'm seen somehow they feel like event that have already happen."

" it is like I can sense the current state my home planet Qacriea is in." " when I first encounter Nya 2,000 years ago I couldn't figure him out and now that I saw him in a vison ." " I still can't ." " it's like there is no rhyme or reason for his actions."

" almost as if he was being purely chaotic being!" meanwhile at Capsule Corp Qaztoh says this to Jinzi and Praxat " about that Nya character my ancestor Althena mention" " remember a story I was told by this old man on this one planet." " it was story about how ancient kingdom vanish over night."

"okay to this old man's story there once was a kingdom called Zerxes out their in space." " according to the story one day a strange figure in a black cloak appear before the ruler of this kingdom often them a way to gain immortality." "it is said in the story that the ruler of this Kingdom has selfish and greedy. " " that the strange entity prey on that making this King into a puppet."

"it is said in the story that this entity thought this kingdom what would be know as Alchemy ,and that it trick this ancient Kingdom's ruler and his subjects into create a magical symbol that drain their very life force by promising them immortality ." " leaving no trance of their bodies." " after that the rest of the story is just a big blank." " the old man who told me this story said that the being would have made this ancient Kingdom in the story vanish over night name was Nyarlathotep!"

" the old man refer to this being as the Crawling Chaos." " he also told me there are similar stories just like this one on across a lot of planets feature a character with the same exact name." Praxat replies to this saying " hmm so according to the old man who told you this story." " this Nyarlathotep shows up in many other similar stories on a vast variety across a lot of planets ."

" somehow I don't think that the story that old man told you was just a fable." " it's one thing to just be a fable but for this same character to appear in bunch of similar stories across entire planets." "there has to be some truth to that story."
    made additions to this RP Post

OT: the Nyarlathotep mention in short story that Qaztoh tells Praxat and Jinzi . is not the same Nyarlathotep who froze Qaztoh's ancestor Althena 2,000 years ago.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Likely," Ishtar confirmed. "Does not change you are incapable of killing me." Hearing however, Fate's false equivocation, the golden-eyed Oni shook her head and with a grunt offered a rebuttal that cut clean through.

"Gravity is not aware, it simply is. That you compare yourself to such a thing, in a bid to deny any hand in the suffering you have thrust on how many trillions; and at the same time balk and lament at your own ?"
    "Ahhhh.....so.....that metaphor when completely over your head." Fate let out a long winded sigh. "I compare what I once was to it....that I'm in a position now to see what I couldn't before...."

Ishtar spit blood at Fate's feet.;
    Fate time locked the blood in mid air, then reversed it...splatting back into Ishtars face. "Manners."

"Like so many lesser gods, and goddesses before you ... you are little more than a child who seeks to cow the universe to twisted whims ... so tell me, dear Aunt of mine ... how you could even begin to understand how best to care for another."
    "....Firstly....I know when to discipline children. I'll pass that lesson along to Zurvan the next time he bothers to come by." Fate rolled her eyes. "But more importantly I've learned...I've been a mother multiple times. Etrina is a daughter of mine too.....in fact, do you want to know something interesting." Fate suddenly chuckled with amusement. "Etrina is more of a daughter to Zurvan then you are."

"She's was still regenerating awhile ago.....I can't exactly keep track of her, not like she can keep track of us anyways. She still shouldn't be capable of combat until..." Chrona jerked her head around. "...No, I'm pretty sure she isn't planning on interfering....future me would have said so."

Eyeing her glowing hand, Chrona wiggled a little. "......or do you plan on torturing me for information....to think I would be brought so low....." It was clear she was hamming this part up, perhaps for the benefit of anyone nearby since she was doing in particularly loud.
    Four orbs came to rest upon Chrona's neck, close enough to be more like a collar than a necklace. Asha'rah came to rest upon the block of concrete, leaning down to look her 'ally' in the face. Rage and serenity, decisiveness and patience warred within her eyes like had never been seen since her fall.

"No, no torture is necessary. My part in this rescue mission is over, apparently. Now that we have each other occupied, it is my duty to stay here and not interfere further. This was stressed to me very much as crucial to our success. Perhaps for security reasons, the full details of this plan were not revealed to me. Instead of striving as I sho- might have, I have been convinced to place my faith in the promised outcome. In what may have been a moment of weakness, I compromised myself for Erosa's sake after the planner staked their own life upon Erosa's survival. I gave my word, and so here I shall wait."

The orbs around Chrona's neck glowed a deep, writhing purple, hakai energy charged and ready to go, but strictly contained within for now.

"If Erosa dies, I would have compromised myself for nothing, and lost someone I hold dearest to a false promise. The promisor's price of failure shall be exacted. But so too will your life be exacted, being the one who took Erosa in the first place. And the you before, and the you after, and every other version of you that exists will know death. Such will I mark my failure this day."

Asha'rah then smiled and shrugged.

"Or Erosa will live, and I will in be such a good mood that so will you."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 11-17-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    made additions to this RP Post

OT: the Nyarlathotep mention in short story that Qaztoh tells Praxat and Jinzi . is not the same Nyarlathotep who froze Qaztoh's ancestor Althena 2,000 years ago.
    Jinzi nods.

“That’s an interesting story. Is it true?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The remnants of sterile, shattered walls littered the crumbled penitentiary premises, the nostalgic ozone smell of boiling metal like so many of those shattered platoons that fell behind them in years past. Stilled there in the darkness, that humiliation of yesteryear was furthest from her mind. As sirens walked through the dead night, Kenshiko in the midst of the blooded noise and the racing thoughts of danger felt alive.

Yet when Willa gave the order, she suddenly froze. Pulled from that familiar stream of violent rhythm, Kenshiko found herself standing apart there in the distant cold cusp of freedom .

For four years she'd served with the company of the Red Raiders. Those were the days. The Colonel saw the rot at the heart of this world and had convinced her with a vision in common. Time after time Kenshiko led her company on the battlefield, to stoke that dream until it would one day burn Grinthorn's false peace and his order of lies to ash. Marching out with her squadrons, they blew the dams at Melon Gorge. After they buried the dead at Swallow Hill, those who remained looked to her for support; with a snarl, she offered them grit instead, and had loaned many a doubtful Raider her claws as she beat the strength of discipline into them.

Her dreams had died, so she fought and bled for Willa's. The orders came from the top, but from below, together with the corpsmen on the ground she seized many victories with them, and bled just as much in solidarity. All the while, they were none the wiser to the hidden matters behind that crimson hand that deigned to shatter the World Government. The Golem told her to hold the fort, so she did, trading the lives of her squadron to shunt the rest off elswhere. To coordinates unknown, hidden from the ears of a certain rank and file.

She turned around and snapped her fist before her, launching a wave of replenished ki into a wave that pushed back inside the prison complex, rolling forward and expanding as it swallowed the suppression fire from behind. Whatever else Willa had hidden from her, it would have to wait. Standing back to back with her on that broken earth, perhaps she would see for herself soon enough.
    Willa steps upon it as well, and suddenly the earth churns up and down, swallowing them whole.

A terrible wrenching sensation follows, and the two are spat out inside the ruins of some ancient stone building. Willa rights herself and smiles.

“Damask, well done.”

The golem looms up, nodding.

“It is good to see you both.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Four orbs came to rest upon Chrona's neck, close enough to be more like a collar than a necklace. Asha'rah came to rest upon the block of concrete, leaning down to look her 'ally' in the face. Rage and serenity, decisiveness and patience warred within her eyes like had never been seen since her fall.

"No, no torture is necessary. My part in this rescue mission is over, apparently. Now that we have each other occupied, it is my duty to stay here and not interfere further. This was stressed to me very much as crucial to our success. Perhaps for security reasons, the full details of this plan were not revealed to me. Instead of striving as I sho- might have, I have been convinced to place my faith in the promised outcome. In what may have been a moment of weakness, I compromised myself for Erosa's sake after the planner staked their own life upon Erosa's survival. I gave my word, and so here I shall wait."

The orbs around Chrona's neck glowed a deep, writhing purple, hakai energy charged and ready to go, but strictly contained within for now.

"If Erosa dies, I would have compromised myself for nothing, and lost someone I hold dearest to a false promise. The promisor's price of failure shall be exacted. But so too will your life be exacted, being the one who took Erosa in the first place. And the you before, and the you after, and every other version of you that exists will know death. Such will I mark my failure this day."

Asha'rah then smiled and shrugged.

"Or Erosa will live, and I will in be such a good mood that so will you."
    "Ahah....I'd like to be in a good mood now if you don't mind....very hard when you keep hovering over me like you the embodiment of wraith. Necklace is nice but also isn't helping...." Chrona glanced down at what was essentially the hangmans noose. "...I'm sure my future self has this covered....time manipulation isn't an exact science but she wouldn't be putting her life on the line for nothing. I mean.....if there was too much of a discrepancy she's just find a better timeline...not stick around and watch everything flop."

Chrona smiles, beads of sweat forming across her brow.

"Ahhhh.....so.....that metaphor when completely over your head." Fate let out a long winded sigh. "I compare what I once was to it....that I'm in a position now to see what I couldn't before...."

Fate time locked the blood in mid air, then reversed it...splatting back into Ishtars face. "Manners."

"....Firstly....I know when to discipline children. I'll pass that lesson along to Zurvan the next time he bothers to come by." Fate rolled her eyes. "But more importantly I've learned...I've been a mother multiple times. Etrina is a daughter of mine too.....in fact, do you want to know something interesting." Fate suddenly chuckled with amusement. "Etrina is more of a daughter to Zurvan then you are."
    Ishtar wiped the blood from her face, before shrugging.

"It was a poor metaphor."

That Fate then proceeded to self-aggrandize and further attempt to solidify her claims of legitimacy however, was certainly getting bothersome. Still, the Oni had been tasked to keep Fate's attention, and so she would either need to continue fighting, or -- worse yet -- listening to her espouse her narrow-minded rhetoric. Though that tidbit at the end was ... interesting.

It was also, perhaps ... something of a defeat of the point she likely meant to lead to. Oh well. Fate is blind.

"In blood, perhaps. Though that hardly means she is any more his daughter, than I am. Another failure to understand the truth of things, dear aunt."

Ishtar wandered over toward the crystalline throne then, before chuckling.

"The question remains though, what you hope to achieve with this grandiose plan of yours."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The tremor of magic subsides as soon as it began....perhaps its cause lay somewhere nearby, though no answer was easily provided.

The occupants all drop what they're doing, also confused by what was happening. Then turn there gaze onto Zaofan...

"Zaofan?" A familiar voice calls sleepily from the doorway as Etrina emerges.
    Etrina...!

With little hesitation or caution, Zaofan rushes to the doorway. "ETRINA!"

Zaofan drops any mind towards the magical, and during his run he pushes the other, random people to the side, reaching out for the doorway.

Seeing her and sensing a somewhat fatigued energy from her, he extends his arms, aiming for an embrace of relief. While holding onto her, he looks her over to examine any signs of damage. "Etrina! How are you? How are you feeling? Are you hurt?" he says, scanning up and down. "What's going on here? And have you eaten yet?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar wiped the blood from her face, before shrugging.

"It was a poor metaphor."

That Fate then proceeded to self-aggrandize and further attempt to solidify her claims of legitimacy however, was certainly getting bothersome. Still, the Oni had been tasked to keep Fate's attention, and so she would either need to continue fighting, or -- worse yet -- listening to her espouse her narrow-minded rhetoric. Though that tidbit at the end was ... interesting.

It was also, perhaps ... something of a defeat of the point she likely meant to lead to. Oh well. Fate is blind.

"In blood, perhaps. Though that hardly means she is any more his daughter, than I am. Another failure to understand the truth of things, dear aunt."

Ishtar wandered over toward the crystalline throne then, before chuckling.

"The question remains though, what you hope to achieve with this grandiose plan of yours."
    "A proper universe...One where is people need not suffer to the whims of blind fate and broken systems. Mine is a noble goal....one that I'm sure you'll find fault in as you seem to be doing a excellent job of spewing blood and bile. A place where families need not be separated, loved one not fear the cruel hand of fate to snatch each other away at any moment. No Death, no suffering.....and no destruction." Fate chuckled. "Though....I'd still make room for my niece once I stripped you of that Hakai. Throw it in a trash bin somewhere, since it won't be needed."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi nods.

“That’s an interesting story. Is it true?”

Qaztoh " replies to this saying " I believe there might be truth to story especially since the same name shows up in many other fables across different planets. " " of course it's more likely that story might only be partially true and is mixing things up that really happen." "as yet there is another story I was told by this old knight looking guy on this one planet about ancient King who is granted power and the secret to immortality by ancient being bearing the name Nyarlathotep ." " like in the another story this king was too name Zerxes."

"expect like in the another story this Zerxes actually achieve immortally in this story by sacrifice his entire kingdom that happen to share the same name as the Kingdom in the first story . " " if I were to guess it's that both stories have some truth to them, and that they're most likely connect to each other. "

Praxat replies to this saying " wait I got maybe the story that old man told you actual happen to another kingdom that came after the fall of the Kingdom in the story that you would told by a old knight." Qaztoh replies to this saying " that is very plausible. " " wait there is a name of Kingdom called Omestris is some really ancient documents that were dig up by archaeologists."

" hmm come to think of it." " in many stories similar to the one that old man on one planet told me." " the kingdom in those stories is never name Zerxes." it's always Omestris."

"Oh and I like to make announcement after discover that my ancestor Althena wasn't really terrible person and was in fact a kind and caring Queen who put her people before herself. " " I'm change my last name from Zorak to Orpheus!" " reinstated my family's original name!" " as it is not a name to be ashamed of."

meanwhile on the Lookout Althena says to Eva saying " would I be able to control these visions I'm seeing so I don't constantly keep seeing them with training?" " remember Doxal the former Guardian of Qacriea was had this thing called a Awareness of and limited precognition to existing and impending danger. " " he told me it allow him to perceive existing and impending danger to Qacriea. " " if I had a piece of paper and brush I could paint the stuff I been seen in my visions."

" back during the time I was the Toadian Queen ." " I was quite a good painter ?" " you know I would like for my descendent Qaztoh to be here." " so she can tell me what has happen the Toadian Kingdom and why it's in state it is in my visions."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-18-2018 at 04:45 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Etrina...!

With little hesitation or caution, Zaofan rushes to the doorway. "ETRINA!"

Zaofan drops any mind towards the magical, and during his run he pushes the other, random people to the side, reaching out for the doorway.

Seeing her and sensing a somewhat fatigued energy from her, he extends his arms, aiming for an embrace of relief. While holding onto her, he looks her over to examine any signs of damage. "Etrina! How are you? How are you feeling? Are you hurt?" he says, scanning up and down. "What's going on here? And have you eaten yet?"
    "Zaofan..? Shh...." Etrina put her finger to his lips, a sleepy smile on her face. I'm not hurt....I'm fine, especially now that you're here. Come in....Come inside. I was just about to cook something. Maybe you could give me a pointer or two since your here...." She held his hand and pulled him towards the door. "Come in.....I can finally introduce you to mom and dad....I think you'll like them a lot....."

There is not a hint of her usual assertive demeanor save her grip.

"Zaofan..? Shh...." Etrina put her finger to his lips, a sleepy smile on her face. I'm not hurt....I'm fine, especially now that you're here. Come in....Come inside. I was just about to cook something. Maybe you could give me a pointer or two since your here...." She held his hand and pulled him towards the door. "Come in.....I can finally introduce you to mom and dad....I think you'll like them a lot....."

There is not a hint of her usual assertive demeanor save her grip.
    Ow! Hm, tight grip as normal, but... is this a good pain or a bad pain? She should've slapped me by the way I held her...!

"Y-yes, Mistress. I will do as you say," he says, following her in. "But I'm not sure how much I can help in a world like this. What even constitutes as ingredients on this world?"

...parents...?!