Page 213 of 782 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She gets back confusion. Confusion, anger, and fear.
    Ishtar received a response that was more than expected. There was an intelligence behind this mist- undoubtedly the entity in possession of those strong tendrils- and it was interwoven with confusion, and an anger born of fear.

Though at the least it might be understood.

'I mean you no harm, and if you can cease your fear-born lashing out, the others can be made to cease their own flailing ... we simply wish to not be lost. Much the same as you, I feel.

The Oni stopped her wandering then, and sat cross-legged.

'Would you like some help ?'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Katchin Mode,"

Sasheem let his blast hit him directly, pushing him backwards ever so slightly. Afterwards, he deactivated Katchin Mode and turned to the others. "We fire in there, and the blasts get reflected back. We go in there, and we get lost in some an mist. Any bright ideas?"
    Apparently, the Majin didn't hear the voice the way she did. She was starting to think she was going crazy, as no one else had mentioned it as of yet.

At any rate, they needed to try something. Until the others came up with an idea, she had one that she could test.

"If this mist is an extension of the user, than it must be formed from ki of some sort. Nullifying it should work." She held out her hand and unleashed a purple mist of her own, Ki Nullification -- it needed a better name than that -- that Avoca taught to her. If the mist was made of ki, then it should have grown weaker the moment her own mist touched it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Katchin Mode,"

Sasheem let his blast hit him directly, pushing him backwards ever so slightly. Afterwards, he deactivated Katchin Mode and turned to the others. "We fire in there, and the blasts get reflected back. We go in there, and we get lost in some an mist. Any bright ideas?"
    "This is the Room of Time and Space. If Space is being warped, then that would explain the bounce back. It is possible that whoever is inside has control over the Gravity in the room, enough to warp space within. Or, the person might be trapped within a Gravity well. We are not dealing with an enemy as much as a malfunction, an anomaly. Using Ki against it won't work. Repairing the room, might. Though, then again, I don't know who Nunlil was fighting."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Allow me to try..." Approaching the doorway, Quila raised a hand towards the obscuring mist, "Activate [TE]Quila.exe protocol."

The color of the child's hair and skin began to change, becoming orange and a dark teal respectively, revealing his true heritage, although it was doubtful anyone would recognize the features of one from the long-since extinct race of Hera.

"Gimlet." A small orb of blue ki quickly gathered from his palm before a bolt of energy shot into the mist. The blast itself was unimpressive by any means, but such was its nature. Should it hit the source of whatever is producing this mist, however, the blast would strike the very source of their power rather than their physical form. Perhaps the impact to this energy's power level would provide them some leeway when it came to extracting those within.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Apparently, the Majin didn't hear the voice the way she did. She was starting to think she was going crazy, as no one else had mentioned it as of yet.

At any rate, they needed to try something. Until the others came up with an idea, she had one that she could test.

"If this mist is an extension of the user, than it must be formed from ki of some sort. Nullifying it should work." She held out her hand and unleashed a purple mist of her own, Ki Nullification -- it needed a better name than that -- that Avoca taught to her. If the mist was made of ki, then it should have grown weaker the moment her own mist touched it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "This is the Room of Time and Space. If Space is being warped, then that would explain the bounce back. It is possible that whoever is inside has control over the Gravity in the room, enough to warp space within. Or, the person might be trapped within a Gravity well. We are not dealing with an enemy as much as a malfunction, an anomaly. Using Ki against it won't work. Repairing the room, might. Though, then again, I don't know who Nunlil was fighting."
    Nullification. Repair. Sasheem didn't know much about this room or it's priperties, but seeing as it involved the manipulation of concepts such as time, any malfunction within seemed to deadly to let run amok for too long. The Majin opted for a third route.

"Lemme try this..." Sasheem began, shooting a blast of Venom Mist towards the directiion of the Room. "Venomous ki can infect a number things. No telling if it's potent enough to infect whatever the hell's causing, this but Sasheem is certain it'll do some damage either way."
    Last edited by KingofPie; 08-17-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Praxat looks around and spots Megan next to the room of Spirit and Time. Praxat sees what's going on and pauses for a moment then says " so what's going on here ? " " I do hope that Jinzi is able to make the communicator for me." " I need to get in touch with Princess Qaztoh." " she is the princess of my people."

" with her being the only member of the Toadian royal family left." " it's high time she took up the mantle of Queen!" "besides that's I do wonder if her Shogi skill are as good as ever." "the Princess of my people, Qaztoh happens to be a pretty amazing Shogi player. "

" of course I think she takes the game a little too seriously."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat looks around and spots Megan next to the room of Spirit and Time. Praxat sees what's going on and pauses for a moment then says " so what's going on here ? " " I do hope that Jinzi is able to make the communicator for me." " I need to get in touch with Princess Qaztoh." " she is the princess of my people."

" with her being the only member of the Toadian royal family left." " it's high time she took up the mantle of Queen!" "besides that's I do wonder if her Shogi skill are as good as ever." "the Princess of my people, Qaztoh happens to be a pretty amazing Shogi player. "

" of course I think she takes the game a little too seriously."
    Turning around to see who had come up behind her, "We're not sure yet, but it could be dangerous. Might be best if you went back outside, Jinzi is probably still out there. You an talk to him about the communicator."

In a blink, Cyanna teleports herself near Parsley and Kai, "Hi, so, what's happening?"

Ronin moves forward, eyes closed and frowning.

“Not sure. It was empty when they went in. I know it was. It was empty when I checked in on them recently. There was only Nunlil and Ereshkigal inside. But now........something else is. Something....confused. Dangerous.”
    A low grumble escaped Ochazuke as he continued to reach into the beyond. The thoughts of Oni are perplexing from one to the next.

The child Ereshkigal in particular bore a peculiar countenance for this ageless race of hellish retainers. However it was what lay beyond that small facade that had borne ill tidings ever since she had come to the Earth.

Those with extra senses detect the self same energy signal, alongside those inside.

After amoment, Ereshkigal’s older voice echoes in Meagan, Kai, Ochazuke, and Parsley’s heads.

’We are lost inside. The mists hide and shroud our energies from within alongside sight and sound, you must stay out and figure a way to break through the mists or dispel them. Nunlil and I are currently battling whatever is controlling the mists and Sarada and Ishtar are wandering. Quickly, before the endless expanse inside loses us all.’
    And deeper mysteries still beneath that childish front, he mused.

Ochazuke considered the task the ancient, little one gave them. Inhaling through gritted teeth, he looked through the mist, the shroud of white opacity threatening to swallow all that passed through it and consume those already within its bounds.

"The four inside are not the only living presences within," he said to the others. "Can you feel it? There in the room, it is alive, and very much afraid."

Both blasts cut into the mists, slow down, then bounce back at their casters.
    The salvo blew into the room, and came back as swiftly as they came.

Curiously, it seemed his own had not returned, and he felt it through his sense-awareness there, unmoving in the air wherever it lay before the fold in space.

"...if grappling with the entity will not bring it to heel," he said, "what do you think firing upon it blindly will accomplish?"

Turning around to see who had come up behind her, "We're not sure yet, but it could be dangerous. Might be best if you went back outside, Jinzi is probably still out there. You an talk to him about the communicator."
    Praxat replies to this saying " yeah I think I'll wait outside." " hmm I wonder If anyone on earth knows my people's Princess Qaztoh." " she does have a gamer's tag and which I think is called Qaz." " wait does this planet even have a network capable of playing another planets in a game of Shogi ?"

"furthermore do people on this planet even have Shogi at all?"
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

"Perhaps I could be of some assistance, allow me a moment to look." Etrina stepped up beside them, eyeing the entrypoint to the room while pulling her glove tight. Expanding her senses, specifically for mystic sources of energy, Etrina allowed the other to carry their own attempts while she probed into what lied beyond. Anything she could discern regarding the nature of focus of the counter force pushing against their advance could prove a useful resource.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Etrina finds a sense of scattered thought. As if the presence arrived within the RoSaT, but when it did so became....scattered. The barrier of displaced time within the RoSaT normally did something when the entity arrived there.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Sasheem’s Venom Mist does seem to eat away at the most in a small section.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Allow me to try..." Approaching the doorway, Quila raised a hand towards the obscuring mist, "Activate [TE]Quila.exe protocol."

The color of the child's hair and skin began to change, becoming orange and a dark teal respectively, revealing his true heritage, although it was doubtful anyone would recognize the features of one from the long-since extinct race of Hera.

"Gimlet." A small orb of blue ki quickly gathered from his palm before a bolt of energy shot into the mist. The blast itself was unimpressive by any means, but such was its nature. Should it hit the source of whatever is producing this mist, however, the blast would strike the very source of their power rather than their physical form. Perhaps the impact to this energy's power level would provide them some leeway when it came to extracting those within.
    It is reflected back.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar received a response that was more than expected. There was an intelligence behind this mist- undoubtedly the entity in possession of those strong tendrils- and it was interwoven with confusion, and an anger born of fear.

Though at the least it might be understood.

'I mean you no harm, and if you can cease your fear-born lashing out, the others can be made to cease their own flailing ... we simply wish to not be lost. Much the same as you, I feel.

The Oni stopped her wandering then, and sat cross-legged.

'Would you like some help ?'
    The confusion and fear and anger seem to be overwhelming it’s ability to understand what she is saying or trying to do.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM