Page 431 of 782 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Its easy once you've been here long enough....well, for me. I'm the only one who bothers to come out here by myself. I keep....thinking today will be the day when mom and dad come. I mean my real mom and dad...." Elisa pointed in a direction. "So I can aplolgize for making them cry....this way..."

They continued onwards a little further before Elisa continued. "........A long time ago, something icky and black bit my foot while I was in the garden....it hurt...a lot. I remember hearing dad and mom call my name....there was some weird people and clouds trying to judge me. But before they could...something pulled me back. But I couldn't talk to them anymore.....somebody was talking to them for me."

"When I asked her name....she said she didn't have one. She was living in my body because mom tried to bring me back with magic...and the spell did something to my dad, but she wouldn't tell me what. She was....a nice person, but I always felt like she was hurting all the time. Mom was so happy that I was back....at first. We even took turns taking care of her....but I think...I think she thought that something was wrong with me. Maybe she say her more then she did me. One day, Fate told me mom had went away.....she was sad, very very sad."

"After that.....she brought me here and told me I'd be safe here. Sooner after that she brought some more people here that were part of my family."

Elisa turned one final corner, and the hedge maze opened to a garden...with a home just beyond it.

"....Etrina should be in the manor. I...I guess we should put off seeing the guardians...it might take too long and I get the feeling you want don't want the complications......you ok from here?"
    Despite the ambient serenity of the realm, Zaofan's heart sinks for Elisa. "Well... Any family of Etrina's can ask me for help, if that's any consolation. I'm sorry."

He examines the manor from the distance. "I should be fine from this point, I think. But what are you going to do?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Despite the ambient serenity of the realm, Zaofan's heart sinks for Elisa. "Well... Any family of Etrina's can ask me for help, if that's any consolation. I'm sorry."

He examines the manor from the distance. "I should be fine from this point, I think. But what are you going to do?"
    "I'll go and tell the guardians I saw someone in the maze....it'll keep them looking for a little while so you can have some time with your lady friend. After that.....I guess I'll go back to waiting....." Elisa turned and started back towards the garden, but not before turning and waving. ".....Zaofan....if you leave. Could you.....could you tell Fate something for me. Tell her.....I don't blame her for mom and dad. Fate is cruel....but she doesn't have to be. Tell her Elisa said so....and if she can't find them.......please let me go."

Elisa turned and vanished into the hedges.

The Manor now stood before Zaofan, and from where he stood he could see traces of movement and life. Several people seemed to be quietly going about their business there.

...and on the second floor he saw a flash of blonde hair for a moment.

Even as she was turning back, her hand instinctively raised itself to intercept the blow....yet only blunted the blow from hitting anything important, the force behind it set her skidding backwards almost the floor before bumping into the back of her throne with a grunt.

"Good grief.....fine....Have it your way." Fate sighed with annoyance, brushing off her clothes......then she spread her arms and flexed her fingers.

Immediately something thin and strong, like piano wire, snagged around the onis neck, arms and legs. So thin she could barely see the lines in the light reflected haze of the chamber. With the barest motion of her hands the lines drew taunt and immediate pain sprung as the threads cuts into the onis skin...the one around her neck strangling her as it yanked the oni straight upwards with force no normal line could withstand.

Now free of the earth, Ishtar found her arms and legs being pulled in a maronette style as the fate goddess danced her against her will...even as the wire cut her breath from reaching her lungs.

"Its too late to surrender.....I think I'll let you suffer a bit. Think of it as the lesson your father should have gave you."
    Ishtar sighed.

That punch certainly did far less than she had hoped. In any case, this should serve Chrona's devices quite well. Of course the ... bondage that she was forced into a moment later -- thanks to the 'strings of fate' -- which then saw to her being yanked skyward ... was certainly a painful bother. Of course, the comments Fate offered afterwards about suffering were amusing. Choked of air, though not yet put out by the lack of oxygen ... the sound that escaped Ishtar's mouth was an amused wheeze. Then a black liquid flowed upwards before exploding outward, severing the strand around her neck so she could properly express herself.

"Why do the ones that have experienced arguably the least suffering, act as if they know what it is ?"

A question for the ages, certainly.

"Not to mention, you seem to have a very ... limited understanding of what I do know, let alone what it was Zurvan intended when he raised me as he did." As she spoke however, Ishtar had been carefully filtering her Ki into the ground, so that it might spread across the distance between the two ... and once she had done so sufficiently, there came a clattering as the ground beneath Fate-Etrina rippled and exploded outward in a spray of stone and crystal with the intent to knock the woman off her feet.

"It is almost as if you do not understand anything beyond your own delusions of grandeur."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Dinner and a .. Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The ambiance was entrancing, nearly as much as the view of the canyon outside. Even while eating, Sarada kept finding herself glancing out the window and getting lost in the expansiveness of Chroma's natural beauty.

Then, she turned her attention in front of her and witness the beauty of the Oni sitting across from her. Sarada beheld how the slightly dimmed lights reflected off her still damp two-toned hair, giving her a radiance that could only be matched by the breathtaking beauty of fresh dew radiating in the light of the morning sunrise. She gave ear to how her voice raised in pitch slightly when she talked about something she was particularly fond of - in this case, the fowl on her plate. She was just talking about food and how the day had gone as perfectly for Sarada as any day could, and the young Saiyan found herself willing to listen to her talk about anything and everything for the rest of her life. It didn't even have to be anything particularly important.

This was it.

They weren't having sex, kissing each other, or doing anything out of the ordinary; just two people sharing an impromptu meal together after fighting several elementals on an alien world. Yet, Sarada begged secretly that this moment not end. It wasn't the food, or the wine, or the buildup of anticipation to what they were to enjoy later that night.

It was just her and Ishtar, together. And it was in this moment, this very second, that she realized fully how in love she was.

She smiled affectionately and reached over to grab her hand. "I love you," she stated, which made her smile widen.
    As Ishtar continued to enjoy her bird-thing, in silence, there came a fluttering of emotion from Sarada that caused her to slow, and ask herself: What exactly is happening, here ?

Looking to where one of the Priestesses had opened a viewing window, the Oni was quick to rule out the view. A thing to behold, surely, and yet ... for some reason she did not think Sarada would be prone to a fit of bliss at the sight of a canyon. Nor did she think it was the food ... entirely. It was good, but it wasn't as good as Zaofan's, as far as Ishtar remembered. Which meant that it was likely Sarada felt this way, entirely as the result of her direct feelings toward Ishtar herself which was ... far more direct than at any time other in their relationship. At least in the sense that they were simply sitting together, doing nothing more than sitting together, enjoying each other's company.

In many ways it was ...

"Perfect."

Ishtar commented, as Sarada's hand found her own, and held onto it tightly. When the Saiyan then said those three words she tended to avoid in the presence of others ... in the presence of others, then; the glowing-horn Oni's jaw fell slightly agape, before she managed her own quick response.

"I love you, too."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar continued to enjoy her bird-thing, in silence, there came a fluttering of emotion from Sarada that caused her to slow, and ask herself: What exactly is happening, here ?

Looking to where one of the Priestesses had opened a viewing window, the Oni was quick to rule out the view. A thing to behold, surely, and yet ... for some reason she did not think Sarada would be prone to a fit of bliss at the sight of a canyon. Nor did she think it was the food ... entirely. It was good, but it wasn't as good as Zaofan's, as far as Ishtar remembered. Which meant that it was likely Sarada felt this way, entirely as the result of her direct feelings toward Ishtar herself which was ... far more direct than at any time other in their relationship. At least in the sense that they were simply sitting together, doing nothing more than sitting together, enjoying each other's company.

In many ways it was ...

"Perfect."

Ishtar commented, as Sarada's hand found her own, and held onto it tightly. When the Saiyan then said those three words she tended to avoid in the presence of others ... in the presence of others, then; the glowing-horn Oni's jaw fell slightly agape, before she managed her own quick response.

"I love you, too."
    Meanwhile, downstairs in the infirmary, Meagan's turn in the Healing Chamber finishes and she steps out. Drying herself off, she puts on the clothes left for her by the Sisters.

Making her way up to the dinning room, she pauses just outside when she hears Sarada and Isthar talking. With a slight smile, she delays her entrance, changing direction and going instead to her office. She gives them another 15 minutes or so, using the time to look over paperwork that she'll have to deal with in the morning.

Then she heads back to the Dinning room, casually greeting her guests, "It's not a five star restaurant, but it's home. I hope you have been well taken care of."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Ishtar sighed.

That punch certainly did far less than she had hoped. In any case, this should serve Chrona's devices quite well. Of course the ... bondage that she was forced into a moment later -- thanks to the 'strings of fate' -- which then saw to her being yanked skyward ... was certainly a painful bother. Of course, the comments Fate offered afterwards about suffering were amusing. Choked of air, though not yet put out by the lack of oxygen ... the sound that escaped Ishtar's mouth was an amused wheeze. Then a black liquid flowed upwards before exploding outward, severing the strand around her neck so she could properly express herself.

"Why do the ones that have experienced arguably the least suffering, act as if they know what it is ?"

A question for the ages, certainly.

"Not to mention, you seem to have a very ... limited understanding of what I do know, let alone what it was Zurvan intended when he raised me as he did." As she spoke however, Ishtar had been carefully filtering her Ki into the ground, so that it might spread across the distance between the two ... and once she had done so sufficiently, there came a clattering as the ground beneath Fate-Etrina rippled and exploded outward in a spray of stone and crystal with the intent to knock the woman off her feet.

"It is almost as if you do not understand anything beyond your own delusions of grandeur."
    The ground ruptured under Fates feet, creating a cloud of dirt and fragments that enveloped her body....yet no sound of pain emerged from the blast.

"......You speak of limited understand and yet here you are.......ignorant as ever. What is suffering? To feel pain? Watch friend and loved ones die? I'll tell you what suffering is.......suffering is..." A hand closed around Ishtars neck from behind pulling her so hard the lines connecting to the rest of her limbs dig deep into her flesh before snapping....then slamming her down face first against the ground. "Suffering is waking up from a dream where not even the most brutal murderers or acts of genocide pale in comparison to your actions....and then finding out it was all real."

*Smash*

"I've murdered babies in there cribs."

*Smash*

"I've brought about the extinction of entire races."

*Smash*

"Every slip of fate, every act of god...every horrible thing that ever happened in spite of everything done to prevent it. Fate....cold, cruel fate...

*Smash*

Fate lifted Ishtar up by the head, then let her go....allowing time to freeze around her and hold her in place as she walked around in front of her.

"I wasn't lying when I offered you a life free from suffering.....Once I've dealt with the ones who would oppose me, I'll unleash haven....My Grand Familiar. It'll overwrite the current version of reality with a better one....where systems like fate, and gods, have no power.....and I'll make sure your reincarnated into it as a stink bug."

Fate delivers a powerful punch, dropping the time lock just in time to launch the oni clear across the cavern.

"But not before I....not before.........Hmm..." Regaining her composure, Fate shook her head....suddenly looking slightly remorseful. ".....Just give it up.....I promised Zurvan I wouldn't kill you, and your making that decision very difficult..."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The ground ruptured under Fates feet, creating a cloud of dirt and fragments that enveloped her body....yet no sound of pain emerged from the blast.

"......You speak of limited understand and yet here you are.......ignorant as ever. What is suffering? To feel pain? Watch friend and loved ones die? I'll tell you what suffering is.......suffering is..." A hand closed around Ishtars neck from behind pulling her so hard the lines connecting to the rest of her limbs dig deep into her flesh before snapping....then slamming her down face first against the ground. "Suffering is waking up from a dream where not even the most brutal murderers or acts of genocide pale in comparison to your actions....and then finding out it was all real."

*Smash*

*Smash*

*Smash*

"Every slip of fate, every act of god...every horrible thing that ever happened in spite of everything done to prevent it. Fate....cold, cruel fate...

*Smash*

Fate lifted Ishtar up by the head, then let her go....allowing time to freeze around her and hold her in place as she walked around in front of her.

"I wasn't lying when I offered you a life free from suffering.....Once I've dealt with the ones who would oppose me, I'll unleash haven....My Grand Familiar. It'll overwrite the current version of reality with a better one....where systems like fate, and gods, have no power.....and I'll make sure your reincarnated into it as a stink bug."

Fate delivers a powerful punch, dropping the time lock just in time to launch the oni clear across the cavern.

"But not before I....not before.........Hmm..." Regaining her composure, Fate shook her head....suddenly looking slightly remorseful. ".....Just give it up.....I promised Zurvan I wouldn't kill you, and your making that decision very difficult..."
    Speaking of which........

A shift, and suddenly Zurvan stands there, looking less than impressed or pleased.

“Fate.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

In many ways it was ...

"Perfect."

"I love you, too."
    Sarada already knew that Ishtar loved her. The lovely oni was the first between them to say so, after all. That spontaneous moment seemed so long ago. Even further seemed the reluctance Sarada felt at voicing her reciprocation of those feelings. She was still hung up on Jack and wanted to have her cake and eat it too. She was glad that phase passed when it did - even if how did passed left much to be desired.

Now, there was nothing and no one hindering her from making her love for her beautiful husband known... except her psychological aversion to making public displays of affection like this. Anything overtly sexual was fine; it was the romantic **** that she had no taste for. Which made what she just said so special. She knew that at least someone heard what she said, but she didn't care. In that moment, it was the perfect thing to say.

Hearing Ishtar say the same, even if she already knew she did, made her feel warm inside. It made her feel good. She wanted to hear it over and over again because she would never get sick of hearing it.

She lifted the slender hand she was holding and brought it to her lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meanwhile, downstairs in the infirmary, Meagan's turn in the Healing Chamber finishes and she steps out. Drying herself off, she puts on the clothes left for her by the Sisters.

Making her way up to the dinning room, she pauses just outside when she hears Sarada and Isthar talking. With a slight smile, she delays her entrance, changing direction and going instead to her office. She gives them another 15 minutes or so, using the time to look over paperwork that she'll have to deal with in the morning.

Then she heads back to the Dinning room, casually greeting her guests, "It's not a five star restaurant, but it's home. I hope you have been well taken care of."
    When Meagan arrived, she found Sarada kissing Ishtar's hand. When her voice reached her, she didn't drop Ishtar's hand, but instead gently set it back down on the table. "*ahem* Yes, the service, the food, and the wine have all been very good. Almost as good as the view outside."

If her skin wasn't so dark, there would have been a crimson blush coloring her face. Instead, she had to settle for feeling hot under the collar. "So, those pods did a good job healing us up. Jinzi's work, I presume?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

A shift, and suddenly Zurvan stands there, looking less than impressed or pleased.

“Fate.”
    ".......Hrmp......Of course you show up. Never give me the time of day in any other situation..." Fate muttered under her breath and spun around with an expression of complete innocence. "Zurvan.....Are you here to pick up your daughter? Her and her friends are tracking mud and disrespect all over my nice home. Frankly its leaving a bad taste in my mouth....Or do you perhaps have some business with me?"

".......Hrmp......Of course you show up. Never give me the time of day in any other situation..." Fate muttered under her breath and spun around with an expression of complete innocence. "Zurvan.....Are you here to pick up your daughter? Her and her friends are tracking mud and disrespect all over my nice home. Frankly its leaving a bad taste in my mouth....Or do you perhaps have some business with me?"
    Zurvan shakes his head.

“Not me. Her.”

The sky darkens, and suddenly an overwhelming sense of power shifts above them as the towering form of a Goddess appears.

Sheki’hinah, Goddess of Death and the Underworld. No longer bound in her limited “mortal” form Ishtar is familiar with due to the location they are in, instead she reveals a glimpse of her true self. The image, the actual presence, beats on the air like the wings of a massive bird as she gazes down at Fate.

“Explain.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ishtar was certainly set to offer a response, a witty one even, about how what Fate described was nothing more than her gilding the lilies. Yet with a hand far stronger than she would've otherwise given her aunt credit for -- considering their brief meeting the last time -- what the Oni might've offered was snatched quickly from her lips. Replaced instead by a rather severe thrashing.

*Smash*

*Smash*

*Smash*

*Smash*

Painful enough to damage ... perhaps even cripple, but certainly well short of killing her outright. It was still clear that Ishtar was out of her depth here.

Certainly not the first time.

As she came screaming to a stop however -- the wall proving to be her 'brakes' as she slammed into it -- Fate took a moment to regain composure, which thankfully, allowed time to spit the blood from her mouth and shake of the concussive haze as she processed a response.

"That is not ... your suffering. That is suffering you permitted to be."

The Oni pried herself free from the hole she'd made, and dropped to the cavern floor.

"That you think ... you could kill me though, is somewhat ... hold on." Ishtar paused, before dropping to her knees so that she could vomit up more blood. Standing back up, she eyed Fate some moments before nodding. "Better.

In any cas-"

“Fate.”
    A familiar presence however, stymied the words to come. Causing Ishtar instead to turn toward her surrogate Father, and brush the debris from her outfit.

"Hello, Zurvan."

"I cannot lie, and I would have done a better job explaining my way out of this." Ishtar commented, still shaking off her thrashing.

Zurvan shakes his head.

“Not me. Her.”

The sky darkens, and suddenly an overwhelming sense of power shifts above them as the towering form of a Goddess appears.

Sheki’hinah, Goddess of Death and the Underworld. No longer bound in her limited “mortal” form Ishtar is familiar with due to the location they are in, instead she reveals a glimpse of her true self. The image, the actual presence, beats on the air like the wings of a massive bird as she gazes down at Fate.

“Explain.”
    "Well that is certainly worrisome," Ishtar muttered, recalling rather quickly the conversation they had the last time she found herself in a situation that was slightly beyond her capacity to deal with. Granted ... this time she DID have assistance. Wherever Asha'rah was ...

Certainly not here ... Ishtar sighed.

"Very worrisome."

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar was certainly set to offer a response, a witty one even, about how what Fate described was nothing more than her gilding the lilies. Yet with a hand far stronger than she would've otherwise given her aunt credit for -- considering their brief meeting the last time -- what the Oni might've offered was snatched quickly from her lips. Replaced instead by a rather severe thrashing.

Painful enough to damage ... perhaps even cripple, but certainly well short of killing her outright. It was still clear that Ishtar was out of her depth here.

Certainly not the first time.

As she came screaming to a stop however -- the wall proving to be her 'brakes' as she slammed into it -- Fate took a moment to regain composure, which thankfully, allowed time to spit the blood from her mouth and shake of the concussive haze as she processed a response.

"That is not ... your suffering. That is suffering you permitted to be."

The Oni pried herself free from the hole she'd made, and dropped to the cavern floor.

"That you think ... you could kill me though, is somewhat ... hold on." Ishtar paused, before dropping to her knees so that she could vomit up more blood. Standing back up, she eyed Fate some moments before nodding. "Better.

In any cas-"

A familiar presence however, stymied the words to come. Causing Ishtar instead to turn toward her surrogate Father, and brush the debris from her outfit.

"Hello, Zurvan."

"I cannot lie, and I would have done a better job explaining my way out of this." Ishtar commented, still shaking off her thrashing.

"Well that is certainly worrisome," Ishtar muttered, recalling rather quickly the conversation they had the last time she found herself in a situation that was slightly beyond her capacity to deal with. Granted ... this time she DID have assistance. Wherever Asha'rah was ...

Certainly not here ... Ishtar sighed.

"Very worrisome."
    Zurvan takes Ishtar shoulder and looks her over, sighing heavily.

“You can’t seem to stay out of trouble, Ishtar. Your mother....your mother insisted I bring her here. I do not think Fate realizes what she’s done.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Zurvan shakes his head.

“Not me. Her.”

“Explain.”
    “......” for the first time that day, Fate swallowed nervously. “There seems to be some contention here...I’m merely reclaiming my property....and my niece is vandalizing my property and picking a fight with me....I know, not exactly shocking.”

“What business do either of you have barging into my domain....”

Zurvan takes Ishtar shoulder and looks her over, sighing heavily.

“You can’t seem to stay out of trouble, Ishtar. Your mother....your mother insisted I bring her here. I do not think Fate realizes what she’s done.”
    "I suppose not." Ishtar replied with a shrug.

"Though in my defense ... the Universe is a mess, and it has caused problems for one of my friends; I could not well leave it alone." Looking over at Shek'hinah then, the Oni seemed to cow slightly. "Also in my defense ... I do have assistance this time."

As for what Fate had done ...

"I do not believe she realizes anything beyond her narrow, self-centered, purview. Though I am sure that ignorance will not last long, now."

Arx Inosaan

“......” for the first time that day, Fate swallowed nervously. “There seems to be some contention here...I’m merely reclaiming my property....and my niece is vandalizing my property and picking a fight with me....I know, not exactly shocking.”

“What business do either of you have barging into my domain....”
    Sheki’hinah smiles.

On a figure that large, it is less human and more shark like.

A barring of teeth.

“That is not all. Aside from beating my daughter, for Ishtar is my own flesh and blood, you also have within this place a plan. A plan to do what exactly, Fate? Make the universe anew? I do believe that’s a rather bold proclamation.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM