Page 525 of 782 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is a faint trace. Not enough to pull from but enough to recognize it as Zurvan’s.

“‘Bout two months or so.”
    Ishtar nodded.

"Not enough to be useful for tracking, but the magic used is definitely from Zurvan." The Oni considered something for a few moments before grunting.

"I doubt we could fashion our own, or steal from Zurvan in a similar matter now that he is aware something is amiss ... creating a device to track the magic would perhaps be best."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Well, hearing Jinzi sound almost certain that he couldn't make a time stone was just as expected as it was disappointing. However, hearing they were originally gathered - probably - meant they had something to work with.

"If that's the case," Sarada said with a nod to Alt-Zaofan, "then we can find some of our own. Assuming he hadn't already gathered them all."

To find them, they'd need some kind of location.

It was like trying to find the dragonballs. To make it easier, Jinzi created the dragonball radar. They just needed a time stone radar.

"Is it possible to create some kind of device that can detect time magic or whatever? Like the dragonball radar, but for magic."
    Jinzi shakes his head.

“I literally don’t even have the first clue how to begin doing something like that. I would presume some sort of heavy duty magic is involved.”

Alt Zaofan holds a hand up.

“Ya don’t make’em. Least, he never seemed to. Always seemed to be he gathered them.”
    Hearing this, Ishtar turned toward Jinzi.

"I am sure Etrina will be overjoyed to work on such a task, as will myself ... with sufficient goading, I am even sure Nevanlinna can be brought on ... though we will need to ask. More importantly though ..." The Oni started, before trailing off.

"Creating a countermeasure to simply being temporally manipulated is perhaps a priority. With assistance, do you think you could at least manage that ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Blizzar shook his head, and leaned back against a wall, his arms folded as he listened in on the conversation in complete befuddlement. All this time manipulation. He was beginning to suspect the only reason it was illegal on the first place was due to it being such a headache to deal with. Utterly lost in the conversation, he simply decided to wait until a course of action was chosen.

However, whatever was to be done next, he was going to insist that in the end these stones to be given to Zurvan or locked away in a vault in the most secure place in the universe...which at the moment seemed to be anywhere except Earth. Certainly none present would disagree, given the danger the stones presented.

Well, hearing Jinzi sound almost certain that he couldn't make a time stone was just as expected as it was disappointing. However, hearing they were originally gathered - probably - meant they had something to work with.

"If that's the case," Sarada said with a nod to Alt-Zaofan, "then we can find some of our own. Assuming he hadn't already gathered them all."

To find them, they'd need some kind of location.

It was like trying to find the dragonballs. To make it easier, Jinzi created the dragonball radar. They just needed a time stone radar.

"Is it possible to create some kind of device that can detect time magic or whatever? Like the dragonball radar, but for magic."
    Qaztoh who is doing her own analyzation of The CLOWT is listing to all this saying " never hurts to double check." " oh and I think I can help with that time stone radar. " " as I just remember something about the crystal that my ancestor Althena was frozen in." " the person who found her a GP officer with the last name Stratovarius that had this strange glowing purple kid wield two axe guitars with him."

" he said that the crystal that Althena was frozen in was an Mako Crystal. " " basically he describe it as a crystal that is chock full of magical energy." " remember he also said something to me a few weeks ago that Mako crystals were once in abundance and used by a once great empire of magic & technology name Yakkarato Dynasty 2,000 years ago on a planet called Konats ." " from what he told me base on vague records this empire and the planet it was on was wipe out by some mechanical machine that beings of that planet built to protect their planet from invaders."

"the jist from what I got from him was that they built a machine that did it's job a little too well and end up seeing the beings it was supposed to protect as threats and what is left of Konats is basically space dust."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh who is doing her own analyzation of The CLOWT is listing to all this saying " never hurts to double check." " oh and I think I can help with that time stone radar. " " as I just remember something about the crystal that my ancestor Althena was frozen in." " the person who found her a GP officer with the last name Stratovarius that had this strange glowing purple kid wield two axe guitars with him."

" he said that the crystal that Althena was frozen in was an Mako Crystal. " " basically he describe it as a crystal that is chock full of magical energy." " remember he also said something to me a few weeks ago that Mako crystals were once in abundance and used by a once great empire of magic & technology name Yakkarato Dynasty 2,000 years ago on a planet called Konats ." " from what he told me base on vague records this empire and the planet it was on was wipe out by some mechanical machine that beings of that planet built to protect their planet from invaders."

"the jist from what I got from him was that they built a machine that did it's job a little too well and end up seeing the beings it was supposed to protect as threats and what is left of Konats is basically space dust."
    Qaztoh offered to help with the time stone radar. Great!

Then proceeded to lose Sarada in the midst of a long, rambling history lesson with names and places she had never heard of. What this had to do with time stones, she wasn't sure, but as long as the Toadian Princess could help, that was all that mattered.

"Alright, great. More brains working on this, the faster we can get done."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan would be put into his place by the Saiyans, but they have a point. Even if it's just for humans, by keeping it to himself and Etrina, he would be hoarding it. And that's no good.

"I know what I must do," Zaofan tells the Saiyans. His first thought is to the soup, to gift it to those who would most use it. But because of just poor and incomplete communication skills, it would be fair to assume that pie is in order.

He gets up and acknowledges everyone in the room, and in particular bowing to Etrina and Asha'rah. "If you'll excuse me, I must attend to these matters. Asha'rah. Mistress." He then likewise bows to the Saiyan Sisters. "Your majesty. Your holiness -- no, wait, ahhhh, your honor." He turns around, tilting his head and making a face at his own awkwardness. Oh well.

Zaofan leaves the room and heads for the kitchen. Releasing the pot from the capsule, he places the pot on the stove and turns on a low, safe heat to let it simmer. "Well. I better go see who else I can find for this soup. Must find Ochazuke. Maybe Charco or Totoma, while I'm at it..."

He leaves the kitchen, but mere seconds later, Dash enters and...

OT: Time Loop Closed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ohh..." Etrina raises an eyebrow. "You owe me a beating? Did I do something last year that was worthy of such attention...?" The coy smile on Etrinas face was enough to say she knew exactly what was being referred to. "....Alas, I'm currently caring for someone. My leisure will have to be later when I'm free."

"......Hmm....Over here." Etrina directed the Saiyan Queens attention over to the blanket, and the growing magicite crystal cuddled into it. Then...without so much as asking, Sarada felt an eyedropper and bottle being pushed into her hands.

"Since your here....would you mind applying some of this to the crystal. It's powered dusk in a catalyst solution. Three drops on the crystal..any more and your spoiling her. She can't answer back until she has a body...perhaps vibrations at best, but she can hear you so speak. Maybe use the opportunity to speak your mind without interjection..." Etrina stepped aside and wave her hand towards the back of the room. "......Come with me to the storehosue Asha'rah, I need to get some extra materials for experimentation. I'm sure the queen has things covered here."
    Zaofan seemed to have found himself fresh purpose, mayhaps to do with the soup he discovered. His discovery, in the hands of simple goodness such as his, would benefit his circles more than he knew.

But that was for the humans to figure out. Asha’rah had her own task before her. Etrina called, and Asha’rah answered, bowing with respect before following in Etrina’s footsteps. Such was the unceremonious smoothness that met a god submitting herself to the care of a mortal.

“Yes, master.”

Qaztoh offered to help with the time stone radar. Great!

Then proceeded to lose Sarada in the midst of a long, rambling history lesson with names and places she had never heard of. What this had to do with time stones, she wasn't sure, but as long as the Toadian Princess could help, that was all that mattered.

"Alright, great. More brains working on this, the faster we can get done."
    Qaztoh repiles to this saying " by the way I never heard of places that Galaxy Police officer talk about but he did seem to know what he was talk about. " " Oh Bilzzar might know that Galaxy Police officer ." Qaztoh then points at a very large Todian wearing primitive royal clothing that's holding a rather large pork roast in her right hand saying " so Ancestor Althena feels good not to frozen inside a crystal huh?" Althena repiles to this saying " of course being frozen for 2,000 years was just awful."

Althena then points at Sarada saying " well I see Sayians have come a long way in 2000 years." " don't seem to be as savage as the Tuffles described them back then." Praxat who is also examing The CLOWT saying " that reminds me we need to take Althena here to one of those big and tall clothing stores .'" " to get her clothing for Megan and Jinzi's wedding."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“No need.”

A voice sounds out as Zurvan suddenly appears. He looks....tired. In fact, he stumbles slightly after he arrives.

“As Ishtar can attest to, I am Zurvan. And....I am responsible for these Time Stones.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“No need.”

A voice sounds out as Zurvan suddenly appears. He looks....tired. In fact, he stumbles slightly after he arrives.

“As Ishtar can attest to, I am Zurvan. And....I am responsible for these Time Stones.”
    "Lord Zurvan," Meagan bows to him, before noting his condition, "I sense that we need to retrieve these Time Stones and return them to you as soon as possible. Though I stil lfind it hard to comprehend how a mortal could have taken them from you. Can you tells us more about them? Do they have an energy signature that can be tracked?"

As she spoke, Dash quickly went into the building, then came out with a sturdy chair, quietly offering it to him to rest in.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Lord Zurvan," Meagan bows to him, before noting his condition, "I sense that we need to retrieve these Time Stones and return them to you as soon as possible. Though I stil lfind it hard to comprehend how a mortal could have taken them from you. Can you tells us more about them? Do they have an energy signature that can be tracked?"

As she spoke, Dash quickly went into the building, then came out with a sturdy chair, quietly offering it to him to rest in.
    He smiles and takes the chair, sitting in it.

“It is....an odd tale. Note, first, I need to explain a few things. I am, essentially, the Supreme Kai of Time for the moment. That means it is my responsibility to safeguard the timestream and make sure it is not tampered with. Alternate Timelines are, generally, not allowed to exist and only happen two ways: naturally, at extreme moments in history, and unnaturally, by time travel.”

“Natural occurring splits are acceptable. They are very few and do not cause undo stress to the fabric of time. Unnatural ones, however, are like plucking at strings on a weave. Eventually, pluck enough and the entire thing collapses. Are you withe me so far?”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 12-10-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hearing this, Ishtar turned toward Jinzi.

"I am sure Etrina will be overjoyed to work on such a task, as will myself ... with sufficient goading, I am even sure Nevanlinna can be brought on ... though we will need to ask. More importantly though ..." The Oni started, before trailing off.

"Creating a countermeasure to simply being temporally manipulated is perhaps a priority. With assistance, do you think you could at least manage that ?"
    “No need.”

"Zurvan?" Etrina eyes the god's entrance, noting the stumble in his step as she hops to her feet and approaches him quickly to offer a hand in steadying. "The timing of of time god I suppose.....We were just talking about you..."

Then Zurvan explained himself...and even though Etrina was rather delighted to have him present, she couldn't help but frown at his proclamation. "Correct me if I'm wrong....but responsibility implies a hand in there creation, does it not? Why would you, of all beings, be making condensed time orbs with these kinds of properties? I mean....I'd ask if you could imagine the repercussions of them getting into the wrong hands but we have two Zaofans in the room so I'll leave that to you."

"Zurvan?" Etrina eyes the god's entrance, noting the stumble in his step as she hops to her feet and approaches him quickly to offer a hand in steadying. "The timing of of time god I suppose.....We were just talking about you..."

Then Zurvan explained himself...and even though Etrina was rather delighted to have him present, she couldn't help but frown at his proclamation. "Correct me if I'm wrong....but responsibility implies a hand in there creation, does it not? Why would you, of all beings, be making condensed time orbs with these kinds of properties? I mean....I'd ask if you could imagine the repercussions of them getting into the wrong hands but we have two Zaofans in the room so I'll leave that to you."
    “Hmm, unintended consequence then, is a better way of saying it. Not exactly responsible per se, but had a hand in it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“No need.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

“It is....an odd tale. Note, first, I need to explain a few things. I am, essentially, the Supreme Kai of Time for the moment. That means it is my responsibility to safeguard the timestream and make sure it is not tampered with. Alternate Timelines are, generally, not allowed to exist and only happen two ways: naturally, at extreme moments in history, and unnaturally, by time travel.”

“Natural occurring splits are acceptable. They are very few and do not cause undo stress to the fabric of time. Unnatural ones, however, are like plucking at strings on a weave. Eventually, pluck enough and the entire thing collapses. Are you withe me so far?”
    As inconspicuous as the tick-tock of an old clock, Zurvan made his presence known. The 'father' of Ishtar appeared worse for wear, barely able to keep his feet under him without stumbling. Sarada was about to offer him a place to sit, but Meagan, Etrina, and Dash beat her to it. Once seat, he began to offer an explanation.

Finally. Someone who knows what they're talking about.

He started by first explaining that he was the Supreme Kai of Time, and was thus responsible for making sure the timestream remained without impurities. Alternate timelines were such impurities; naturally occurred alternate timelines were fine as they didn't cause too much stress to the timestream as a whole. Unnaturally created alternates, formed by time travel, were what he was guarding against.

That there were at least two people from an alternate timeline standing right there on the Lookout show beyond the shadow of all doubt that he failed. The Doctor was running amok all throughout time, plucking who he needed with nary a thought to the consequences.

"Okay, I'm with you," she said, nodded to herself. "The Doctor is a Jinzi, though, so I'm sure he's smart enough to understand the consequences of what he's doing. What's his endgame, if you had to guess?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Etrina nodded.

"I gathered a similar idea from my own research.....Natural produced timesteam occurring only when an event can produce a significant enough deviation between timelines to avoid temporal clutter, like for instance having a thousand timesteams between all the options for what I had for breakfast this morning." The mage nodded sagely. "........Oh, before I forget....Chrona says shes sorry for giving you a headache a couple months back. *sigh* Now I realize why she asked me to pass it on...."

“No need.”

Ishtar watched as Zurvan appeared, stumbled, and was then provided a seat.

It was little surprise he arrived now. It was the most fitting moment, after all, disccious of how best to track fragments of himself had just begun to take place.

Still.

As the golden-eyed Oni watched her father explain things, there was slow creep of a feeling that had resonated within her the moment her conversation had concluded with the Doctor.

"You are not doing well. What is wrong ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“To becomes the God of Time.” He says to Sarada.

“Unfettered, I believe he intends to unwrap time and in the instant before all falls apart absorb said energy. Essentially, becoming me. Only he won’t follow the rules. Time itself, essentially history, would be his to control.”

He looks at Etrina and smiles like a teacher would at an exceptional student.

“Correct. If a timeline is viable enough, it can exist. The second Zaofan here is from a stable alternate timeline. We will call it AT 2 for now. AT 2 was created when a very specific event occurred here on Earth. Lady Evangeline and her first allies failed to stop Fife. They all perished, so the thing masquerading as Fife had free reign over Earth for almost 300 years. He was eventually slain but because of this Lady Evangeline never wished to have the power to alter Fate. Because of this she never summoned or gathered you all, so many of you faced entirely different lives. The World Government never existed, either, so that reshaped Earth and there are many factions instead of only one, alongside there being no guardian so no dragon balls. Because of this moment certain members of the Galaxy Police, like their current Commissioner, also never came to be so the GP never got off the ground and became the power house it is today.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM