Page 168 of 782 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Eva staggers forward, dark veins making her look sick across her arms and face. She falls to her knees, hands glowing, and grabs the box. In a hoarse voice she speaks to them.

“I can seal it. Banefire, it’s struggling, but it is weak to Creational and goodly energy. Give me a few minutes.”

Her eyes glow as she starts mumbling words in an arcane language.

Meanwhile, Nunlil and Kai are also awake, but neither seem as effected as Eva was by Banefire. The double dose shot she took having seriously injured the Guardian it seemed.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva staggers forward, dark veins making her look sick across her arms and face. She falls to her knees, hands glowing, and grabs the box. In a hoarse voice she speaks to them.

“I can seal it. Banefire, it’s struggling, but it is weak to Creational and goodly energy. Give me a few minutes.”

Meanwhile, Nunlil and Kai are also awake, but neither seem as effected as Eva was by Banefire. The double dose shot she took having seriously injured the Guardian it seemed.
    Kneeling next to Eva, Meagan gently places a hand on her shoulder. Sharing whatever power it was that Iris gave her, she hoped that it would be of use to Eva.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Eva mumbles the incantation, but even so, Zaofan flashes a reassuring smile, and he calmly though exhaustingly manages to speak, though not over her. "It's very good to see you again, Eva."

OT:

Huh.

Not going to lie, did not see that coming.

Well, okay then.

IC:

The gun vanishes into the Capsule. The technological marvel contains the old evil, but Sarada can feel it attempting to free itself. The Capsule will hold for now, but new accommodations will be needed soon.
    Before Ishtar has a chance to prepare another spell, Ochazuke, Charco- or whatever entity the boy has become- and Asha'rah step up once more, destabilizing and severing whatever being had manifested to support Banefire.

Then with one of those queer Capsule Corp Capsules, the fel weapon who had laid low many this day, found itself entombed ... an offering from Sarada, despite what she had lost this day.

For how long Banefire would remain so however, remained to be seen, yet even as it was further encased- in a steel box, from the feel- Evangeline staggered forward looking close to the selfsame death Jack himself had suffered, and offered a more permanent solution.

As Ishtar made her way over however, the blue-skinned woman tapped on the communication unit that had been with her since that day on Turtle Island, and she offered Jinzi Pantaloon a word.

"The Lookout is, for the moment, safe."

That settled, the golden-eyed Oni turned her focus to the young guardian, her cousin, and the apprentice.

In the end, Evangeline's solution was a simple one.

A sealing spell.

Perhaps that Mafuba that had seen use in times long since passed, to seal away that Bitch of the Moon, Kevi; or something yet and still more powerful. Regardless, the young Guardian continued to offer aid, even as her veins ran black with the corruption offered by Banefire ...

Noticing however that Nunlil, and the Ronin, Kai had returned to wakefulness themselves, however, the Oni's musings could wait. Slak, and Chuan, had spent the fight attempting to rouse the trio from their imprisonment in pulled space, and were undoubtedly exhausted. With the wounds suffered, by the others they would see themselves to unconsciousness before their accepted role was ended ...

Which would not do.

Picking herself up then, Ishtar stepped over to one of the few remaining planted areas, and for several moments drew on their strength- for their offering of that White Haoma- before eventually returning. And as the young Guardian continued her arcane incantation, Ishtar approached first Slak, and then Chuan; replenishing their Ki with a charge each of Dūraoša before returning to recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Kneeling next to Eva, Meagan gently places a hand on her shoulder. Sharing whatever power it was that Iris gave her, she hoped that it would be of use to Eva.
    Returning again, a few moments later, Ishtar returned to Evangeline. With Meagan's hand placed upon the shoulder of the young Guardian even as she began her incantation however, the golden-eyed Oni simply watched and waited. Too much interference might interrupt the spell- to say nothing of the full scope of Evangeline's injury- and there was certainly a number of those in need of succor.

Though ... staring down at Evangeline, then, Ishtar attempts to discern the nature of the energy that courses through Evangeline's body.

OT (tl;dr): Slak, and Chuan have recovered 25% of their Ki reserves, at the cost of (2) Dūraoša charges. Ishtar is also attempting to get a sense of the damage done to Evangeline.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The capsule was taken from Sarada with haste and without fuss as the others scrambled to discern a more permanent means of sealing the spirit of Banefire away. Meagan flitted away and reappeared moments later with a large metal box, which she placed the capsule in. While it was better than simply holding it in her hand or in a pocket, it did little in the way of ensuring the spirit couldn't escape. Even with Zaofan securing it by jamming his staff through the handle, it wasn't enough.

Then, Eva, haggard-looking and appearing to be at death's door after her run-in with Chris, shambled out, declaring that the spirit was weak to godly energy and creation energy. Of which their group had in the form of Asha'rah. But, Eva left the task to herself.

Sarada made no effort to try and stop her. Whether it was because she was unaware of what Asha'rah was that she felt she had to do it herself despite her injuries or out of vengeance, it didn't matter. So long as it was done and the spirit was neutralized, whoever did the deed was irrelevant.

Seeing that she was of no more use, Sarada let out a tired sigh and stalked away. Hopefully, no one would see her leave, as preoccupied as most everyone was. She already knew what was going to be coming her way soon enough.

It was no secret that she and Jack were close. For a while, before Ishtar came along, it seemed that they were a pair. Sarada certainly made no effort to hide her interest in him, or the jealousy she felt when other women tried to do the flirting with him. Never mind the fact that she was right both times! There would surely be an outpouring of condolences and supporting from the others directed toward her.

Most people would simply accept that support and use it to shoulder on. Not her. She had too much pride to be seen so much as grieving over the loss of another person. People died every day; this was an infallible fact of the universe. Jack was one of countless billions who died that very second. More to the point, why should she shed a tear over a warrior who died on the field of battle, a warrior's dream?

No. She would shed no tears of Jack.

It hurts so much.

She would not feel hurt or pain over his death. She would move forward with her head held high, shoulders square, with her eyes set on the future. The past was the past because she moved past it. Jack was in the past, and she felt no need to linger on what had already transpired.

"See ya 'round, Space Girl."

Her cheeks felt warm and wet again. It was hard to breath again.

No!! No one could see her like this!

Without a look back toward the others, the young Saiyan leaped off the Lookout and flew away, a trail of tears left in her wake.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Praxat, your ki senses have been going haywire for about the last half hour or so. Multiple high power levels, all higher than yours, had appeared several miles away. Only one feels of ill intent, but still, it is quite shocking.
    Praxat thinks to her self ( **** so many power levels high than mine and one of them feels of ill intent. could it be that Evil Saiyan ? if it is I do hope I don't run into him or her, but if I do maybe can use inflate my self and bluff my power level? no that's going to work these people I' m sense are likely to able to sense power level just like me. so that evil Saiyan could probably see though my bluff.)

( I check out those where there's power levels are coming from . I just need to avoid that I'll ill intent.) Praxat jumps through West City and spots a bank being robbed by robbers saying " really don't some people ever learn. " " well I guess I should do something about this, but I think the police should be showing up right about now." " well I don't think they will mine if I'll handle this for them ."

Praxat jumps , lands behind the robbers and inflates her body so that she looks like a towering mountain of muscle. she takes out a book and mimics a intimidating voice saying " Stop right there evil doers!" " drop that money or else you all are going to be in a world of hurt." " oh I have you evil doers know that my power level is 1 million ( bluffing , power level is actually 8,000)."

" so if you don't want to be turn into dust I suggest you all do the right think." " now if all choose to do things the hard way then I'm ready to throw down." ( okay what else is in this book I can use? hmm how about this one!)

" get ready Evil doers because I about to take you all to pound town!"
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-12-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The capsule was taken from Sarada with haste and without fuss as the others scrambled to discern a more permanent means of sealing the spirit of Banefire away. Meagan flitted away and reappeared moments later with a large metal box, which she placed the capsule in. While it was better than simply holding it in her hand or in a pocket, it did little in the way of ensuring the spirit couldn't escape. Even with Zaofan securing it by jamming his staff through the handle, it wasn't enough.

Then, Eva, haggard-looking and appearing to be at death's door after her run-in with Chris, shambled out, declaring that the spirit was weak to godly energy and creation energy. Of which their group had in the form of Asha'rah. But, Eva left the task to herself.

Sarada made no effort to try and stop her. Whether it was because she was unaware of what Asha'rah was that she felt she had to do it herself despite her injuries or out of vengeance, it didn't matter. So long as it was done and the spirit was neutralized, whoever did the deed was irrelevant.

Seeing that she was of no more use, Sarada let out a tired sigh and stalked away. Hopefully, no one would see her leave, as preoccupied as most everyone was. She already knew what was going to be coming her way soon enough.

It was no secret that she and Jack were close. For a while, before Ishtar came along, it seemed that they were a pair. Sarada certainly made no effort to hide her interest in him, or the jealousy she felt when other women tried to do the flirting with him. Never mind the fact that she was right both times! There would surely be an outpouring of condolences and supporting from the others directed toward her.

Most people would simply accept that support and use it to shoulder on. Not her. She had too much pride to be seen so much as grieving over the loss of another person. People died every day; this was an infallible fact of the universe. Jack was one of countless billions who died that very second. More to the point, why should she shed a tear over a warrior who died on the field of battle, a warrior's dream?

No. She would shed no tears of Jack.

It hurts so much.

She would not feel hurt or pain over his death. She would move forward with her head held high, shoulders square, with her eyes set on the future. The past was the past because she moved past it. Jack was in the past, and she felt no need to linger on what had already transpired.

"See ya 'round, Space Girl."

Her cheeks felt warm and wet again. It was hard to breath again.

No!! No one could see her like this!

Without a look back toward the others, the young Saiyan leaped off the Lookout and flew away, a trail of tears left in her wake.
    A gentle voice, Ronin Kai’s, trails within her mind.

‘We can attempt to wish him back in five months. The dragonballs are capable of returning those who have died to life, supposing they have not died of natural causes. Just thought you should know.’

His presence retreats from her mind.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ishtar, Eva is hurt, badly. Whatever Banefire did to her is eating away at her.

With a grunt and nod of thanks to Meagan for her help, Eva collapses backwards, panting.

“It’s done.”

Golden bands of pulsing energy have wrapped around the box, sealing it.

“Only one with Creational energy can remove the seal.”

She sits up and shudders a bit, holding her arms as if cold. Kai comes over and the two start taking together mentally, Kai’s face furrowed in concern, Eva’s in understanding.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat thinks to her self ( **** so many power levels high than mine and one of them feels of ill intent. could it be that Evil Saiyan ? if it is I do hope I don't run into him or her, but if I do maybe can use inflate my self and bluff my power level? no that's going to work these people I' m sense are likely to able to sense power level just like me. so that evil Saiyan could probably see though my bluff.)

( I check out those where there's power levels are coming from . I just need to avoid that I'll ill intent.) Praxat jumps through West City and spots a bank being robbed by robbers saying " really don't some people ever learn. " " well I guess I should do something about this, but I think the Great Sayiaman I herd about should be showing up right about now." " well I don't think that guy mine if I'll handle this for him."

Praxat jumps , lands behind the robbers and inflates her body so that she looks like a towering mountain of muscle. she takes out a book and mimics a intimidating voice saying " Stop right there evil doers!" " drop that money or else you all are going to be in a world of hurt." " oh I have you evil doers know that my power level is 1 million ( bluffing , power level is actually 8,000)."

" so if you don't want to be turn into dust I suggest you all do the right think." " now if all choose to do things the hard way then I'm ready to throw down." ( okay what else is in this book I can use? hmm how about this one!)

" get ready Evil doers because I about to take you all to pound town!"
    OT:

No Great Saiyaman here FYI. None of the original cast exist in this universe. Also, timeline wise this takes place concurrently between the Raditz and Saiyan Saga’s.

IC:

The evil ki energy vanished suddenly, and the robbers, oddly seemingly used to this, throw their hands up and submit to being taken away by police who show up fairly quickly.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

With a grunt and nod of thanks to Meagan for her help, Eva collapses backwards, panting.

“It’s done.”

She sits up and shudders a bit, holding her arms as if cold. Kai comes over and the two start taking together mentally, Kai’s face furrowed in concern, Eva’s in understanding.
    "Lady Eva, how badly are you injured?" Meagan looks at her in concern.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“It’s done.”

Ishtar's eyes widen in surprise, at the extent of the damage Evangeline has suffered, the stygian energy coursing through her already ruined body eating away in a manner similar to necrosis. Yet with a grunt, and a shuddering sigh the young Guardian finished the seal and fell back. A small silver-lining on a day that had already offered so much pain.

Given the seeming conversation that took place between Evangeline and Ronin Kai however, it seemed it might get worse ...

"..."

Stepping over to the two, Ishtar reached out mentally.

'How bad ?'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

A gentle voice, Ronin Kai’s, trails within her mind.

‘We can attempt to wish him back in five months. The dragonballs are capable of returning those who have died to life, supposing they have not died of natural causes. Just thought you should know.’

His presence retreats from her mind.
    Ronin's voice, heard for the first time in months by the Saiyan, echoed through her head. The dragonballs!

She forgot that they could bring back the dead. Totoma tried twice to wish people back from the dead -- Jagam's victims and Karine's father. Both attempts failed, but that didn't mean it would fail for Jack.

Realizing that and realizing that it was possible to see him again made her feel a little better. It still hurt, replaying his death in her head over and over again, but knowing she could see him again in a few months made that hurt dull just a little. 'Thank you, Ronin.'

She flew over a random series of islands. She didn't know where she was going, but she was going to have to land soon. The tears welling up in her eyes were blinding, and trying to fly while blind was just asking for trouble. Seems I'm heading north. North, where her time on Earth began all the months ago. Where she spent so much time with Jack, hunting and mating and laughing and mating and fighting and mating.

Sigh.

There was time for reminiscing when she got there.

On one of the random islands that Sarada flew over, life was business as usual for these... creatures called humans. They were so weak and pathetic, and so impotent. For someone like Parsley, it would be no trouble at all to take this planet over and make it hers. And yet, ruling a world was dreadfully dull and seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. Mato made it look easy; he was all smiles and smooth talk all the time, but she knew better.

"Hum. I was wondering when you'd show up, sister," she uttered to herself.

She had been on Earth for the last week, and found it to be just as backwards and boring as she imagined it to be. Still, getting away from Saiyans and interacting with other races provided some modicum of entertainment, so she wouldn't complain overmuch. She even decided to take in the culture and dress as they would. For no other reason than to get people to stop questioning her about her armor and her tail.

Tailless, ignorant imbeciles.

"So, where are you off to?" She drained her 'alcoholic' drink and stood from her seat under the palm tree she had been sitting under for the last hour. In one hand was one of those ridiculous romance novels the females of this world couldn't get enough of.

"Hey! You need to pay for your drinks," a man in shorts and a red shirt called out to her just before she managed to leave.

Her gaze grew ice cold when she regarded him. "My payment to you is allowing you to live. Pester me again and I'll turn you into a memory."

Her icy glare, combined by her threat, made the man gulp nervously and quickly scramble away.

"Hmph." Sarada hadn't gotten so far away that she couldn't sense her, so Parsley concealed her power level and quickly followed after her. How strange; these creatures gawk in amazement at something as simple and mundane as flying. Such ordinary little things sister had grown fond of, evidently.

Or, perhaps just one of them. She sensed several power levels some distance above her own. She wondered which one belonged to Jack. Hopefully not one of the two that blinked out of existence earlier. She would very much love to meet the man of whom her sister would not cease prattling about.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Lady Eva, how badly are you injured?" Meagan looks at her in concern.
    “Too badly to help now. It is fine.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar's eyes widen in surprise, at the extent of the damage Evangeline has suffered, the stygian energy coursing through her already ruined body eating away in a manner similar to necrosis. Yet with a grunt, and a shuddering sigh the young Guardian finished the seal and fell back. A small silver-lining on a day that had already offered so much pain.

Given the seeming conversation that took place between Evangeline and Ronin Kai however, it seemed it might get worse ...

"..."

Stepping over to the two, Ishtar reached out mentally.

'How bad ?'
    She replied out loud.

“I’m dying. Healing won’t stop it. Banefire’s power is....formidable. I have only a minute or so more.”

She smiles warmly, hugs Kai, who looks stricken, and then places her hands on his head. They glow, and for a moment, so to do Kai’s eyes.

“But another shall take my place. For a brief time at least. Do not worry, this too has purpose. Jack and I, we shall be busy in Otherworld. There is much to do, for Jagam and another come soon. Six months at the most until they arrive. You must all prepare.”

She smiles and grabs Ishtar’s hand.

“This moment is temporary, my friend. We shall see each other again soon.”

And with that, with a soft sigh, Eva’s body fades away and is gone save her metal halo, which clinks to the ground. Kai, mastering himself, nods.

“I shall hold it safe until you return, Eva. I promise.”

A guardian’s staff appears in his hands and Kai nods to it, then looks at them all.

“It seems we have six months to prepare.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Seizing the "horn", Rex raised it high above his head in triumph, only to find it was nothing more than one of Asha'rah's spheres. "No matter, it is mine." He thought aloud, only for his body to flinch in response to something. Dropping to his knee, Asha'rah sphere rolling away from him, Rex grimaced as those patches of scales began to flake away, leaving behind human flesh. "Over already? Heh... don't worry, I'll see you again soon."

The signs of possession vanished from Charco, save for the new length of hair and nails, and his ki signature reverted back to his own, although much much weaker than it was previously. Housing the spirit had burned through an insane amount of energy, leaving the boy exhausted. Feeling cold and hollow, he wanted to curl up and stop thinking, but he slowly approached Eva as she undertook the sealing ritual.

He couldn't lose her, not after Jack.