Page 426 of 782 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Before Nevanlinna could manage two sentences, the child -- Seri -- was quick to interrupt. And despite the reason for Ishtar's quick approach, the Oni cracked a smile.

"Hello, Seri." Ishtar said, bending down to be at eye level with the girl. "I am Ishtar, and it is nice to meet you." Offering a smile, the Oni then bobbed her head and addressed the obvious.

"I am quite strong, yes. Perhaps we can fight when I finish speaking with your ... with ... with Nevanlinna."

That said, Ishtar returned her attention to Neva, and was quick to explain the state of the Lookout before diving into her chosen topic.

"A ... former teacher of Zaofan, attempted to learn the secrets of Terra, by attempting to understand Blood Magic, by means of Vitalmancy." The Oni stopped short then, before sighing. What an idiot this Shingen was.

"In any case ... this is the matter I wish to speak with you about," the Oni said, and then lifted her arm up and exposed the Eye of Auroc.

"I need your assistance, in hunting your God. Or rather ... knowledge of him beyond a name, a voice, and the Truth of the Lies he uses to deceive your species."
    To Ishtar's (sort of) promise of a fight, Seri smiled widely, her tail wagging in barely-contained anticipation. However, she said nothing, since Neva and Ishtar were speaking about... grown-up stuff or something.

"The Eye of Auroc..." This was certainly odd... quite odd, for a non-threshling to bear the Eye of Auroc. Unheard of, actually. "I would ask how you came about this, though I must confess that I was never the most... devout when it came to the worship of Auroc. Until a year ago, I had serious doubts as to whether Auroc even existed, in point of fact."

"Originally, I was to become a priestess, like Anula, and part of that is letting Auroc... enter you and speak and act through you, but I... I proved to be an unsuitable receptacle for him. Quite odd, for my lineage--especially for a female--but I suppose it's a moot point now, exiled as I am."

She regarded the Eye of Auroc with an eye of her own. "For what reason do you wish to find Auroc? And, for that matter, what became of Anula? Does she yet live, or did you see fit to slay her?"
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 11-15-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

No way 16,000,000 is allowable, even if it’s a drug. That’s too powerful a thing to exist.
    OT: hey Cleric if you have catch my post I adjust the multipliers for the Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam power up techniques . Efficiency Mode is 4 x now, Boost mode is 6x now , Power mode is 8x now and Max Mode is 10x mode now. which puts the NPC Althena Orpheus Max Power Level now at 400,000.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Neva's gaze turned to Sarada. She'd, of course, sensed her--how could she not when the Saiyan queen was admittedly very powerful... for a Saiyan--and she looked no worse for the wear after a year of being a head of state. Good, even with everything that had been happening, it seems that she'd been adjusting well. "I was pulled to my homeworld during that gate spell and dropped unceremoniously in front of my mother. Anula had reported my... antics... to her and, in the end, I was stripped of my rank and exiled."

The Saiyan girl blinked at Sarada, and then her eyes lit up with recognition. "Oh, cool, you're Queen Sarada! So that must mean that the horned lady is Ishtar! Um, I'm Seri, and I'm from Cipolline... or I was, until the bad guys came and..."

Before the girl could even begin to feel sad, Nevanlinna reached over and ruffled the girl's mane of hair, which seemed to banish whatever memories she was recalling.

"Her home was attacked during that... trouble you had with the Tuffle remnants. As a result, she fell into my care." That wasn't the entire story, of course, but it was the truth, abridged as it was.

"Mmm, it was really scary and sad, but Neva beat up the bad guys and took care of me, so I'm not really lonely... well, not a lot." She punched the air. "And now I'm training with her and gonna get super-strong so the bad guys can't hurt me or anyone ever again!"

Neva chuckled and shook her head. It was a rather simple motivation, to be sure, but she'd found her simplicity... endearing, to an extent.
    Nevanlinna had been exiled, for just fighting with non-Threshlings. Or, perhaps because she fought with them against Anula and her bastard brother. Hm. "Sorry to hear that. I figured no one would care that you helped us kill that welp, but apparently not. Any idea how you can get reinstated? If you even can get reinstated." She wasn't sure how exile worked on Reshlan. She wasn't sure how it worked on her own worlds, matter of fact.

"Seri, huh? Your Queen sees fit to consider you a new acquaintance." Sarada grinned brightly, but it dulled significantly when the small child told her why she was in Nevanlinna's care. She was from Cipolline, one of the newer colonies Mato established near the end of his reign. It was a small settlement some distance away from Vocado, if she recalled correctly.

And it had been attacked by Tuffles. She supposed she was so busy with Parsley and Turrip, she neglected to pay attention to any distress calls from the smaller worlds. A critical, and fatal, oversight. More Saiyans had died, undoubtedly including this girl's entire family. God damn it.

She sighed, then forced on a smile. It became easier as she listened to the girl's resolve and reason for getting stronger. "Sorry to hear about your home. But! I'm planning on bringing back all the Saiyans who were attacked by those bad guys. That includes your family, friends, and everyone else on Cipolline." Simply wishing for the Saiyans killed by Tuffles in the last year back to life and returned to their homeworld was more than sufficient enough, and would include any other colonies that may have been attacked.

I'll see into how many Saiyans were on that world and add those deaths to Appel's charges. That bitch will rot for the rest of her fucking life.

"But, anyways. Enough about sad stuff. You wanna get stronger, huh? Good. Who knows? Maybe one day, you'll be as strong as me."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 11-15-2018 at 09:06 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"The Eye of Auroc..." This was certainly odd... quite odd, for a non-threshling to bear the Eye of Auroc. Unheard of, actually. "I would ask how you came about this, though I must confess that I was never the most... devout when it came to the worship of Auroc. Until a year ago, I had serious doubts as to whether Auroc even existed, in point of fact."

"Originally, I was to become a priestess, like Anula, and part of that is letting Auroc... enter you and speak and act through you, but I... I proved to be an unsuitable receptacle for him. Quite odd, for my lineage--especially for a female--but I suppose it's a moot point now, exiled as I am."

She regarded the Eye of Auroc with an eye of her own. "For what reason do you wish to find Auroc? And, for that matter, what became of Anula? Does she yet live, or did you see fit to slay her?"
    That Anula's last question coincided with her initial comments were not surprising, Ishtar could not deny that there was certainly a lot worth unpacking in light of what it was the The Eye of Auroc meant, to say nothing of what Ishtar was asking. So the Oni smiled, and then explained. "When we returned, we found that Anula was attempting to siphon the knowledge from Jinzi and send it to Reshlan and its scientists ... after we prevented such; we then tracked her down and after a brief conversation, she and I struck a deal."

The Oni shrugged.

"Before it could be sealed between us, Auroc manifested through her directly. I defied him -- as did others -- and after a brief conversation we agreed to terms. Yet after I accepted his mark, he proved himself the liar I knew him to be, and attempted to 'cheat' me." Ishtar chuckled, "but it was all preamble for this ... Eye, of his. A whisper of tangible evidence for his existence ... and a means to hunt him to ground."

After she had explained the how and why, then, Ishtar shook her head simply.

"Freed from the influence of Auroc, and mind erased in his attempt to cheat me ... she is little more than a woman who barely remembers her name. Even stranger, she is kind, and gentle; and for the moment she remains in the care of Evangeline. As to why I wish to find him ... I mean to kill him, Nevanlinna."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    There was a slight prickling sensation at the back of his mind. It was as if he were placing his hand against a bed of nails, not so much piercing his hand, but getting a good sense of how sharp they were. A warning, perhaps?

The source was Sarada, or rather, Sarada had faint traces of whatever was setting off this weird feeling. The sword, physical or not, seemed to have an opposition to magic and if Sarada herself used any or simply had some rubbed off due to her association to Ishtar, he had picked up on it.

Man, how bothersome. Never should have gone into that cave...

Taking his focus off whatever was affecting him, his mind turned back to more pleasant things. Such as fighting.

"I've been here all this time." He said, arms opened wide in challenge, "If anyone's been neglecting the challenge, it'd be you," Came his reply, no doubt seeking to rile her up in preparation to their duel.
    The balls on this guy, insinuating that she had been ducking him all this time.

Well, there was no other recourse than to make him eat his words. She grinned and cracked his knuckles. "Well, now that you've gotten me all hot and bothered, let's do this. You and me!"

She floated into the air so the others wouldn't get caught up in the backlash. "That is if you aren't scared!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Glad you liked it....I popped it 12 centuries ago." A amused smirk crossed Chronas lips just as the magic engaged. With an almost ethereal pop the three travellers vanished....and a moment later Chrona vanished as well.

~~~

Both Ishtar and Asha'rah seemed to arrive in roughly the same area. A vast underground cavern surrounded them....having a similar feel in size and scope to that of the geofront they had visited so long ago. The air was thick with magic, so much so it almost manifested into a physical presence...much like mist who transparent gas.

The section of the cave they were in seemed to be a study of some kind, with rows of tomes shelved in methodical order and stretching as far as the eyes could see. Though there was lights from multiple sources....the true illumination in the cavern as a while came from a sight of almost mythical proportions.

At the heart of the cavern stood a massive crystalline structure radiating intense energy. Platforms had been built into its sides that ran all the way to its top....where something akin to a chamber rested at its peak. Though the air was heavy with magic, through it they could distinguish something akin to a barrier around the entire mass.

".......Ishtar.....Asha'rah?" A voice suddenly called out to them from nearby. "Is that you? Thank kami....please....I need some help over here...."

It was Etrinas voice.
    With the Red Etrina perched delicately on her shoulder, Ishtar stepped toward the sound of Etrina's voice before slowing to a stop.

Wait.

Zaofan was attempting to rescue Etrina, which meant that regardless of who it was that was speaking -- with Etrina's voice, no less -- this was nothing more than an illusion. Or at worse, some form of ... possession. Which was, in some way ... troubling. Still, even as Ishtar started walking again, she was quick to break the glamour that was being woven, here.

"Fate, please. Come greet your niece."

OT: Crystal Tower from FFXIV. Good choice, given the story line for this particular raid.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The balls on this guy, insinuating that she had been ducking him all this time.

Well, there was no other recourse than to make him eat his words. She grinned and cracked his knuckles. "Well, now that you've gotten me all hot and bothered, let's do this. You and me!"

She floated into the air so the others wouldn't get caught up in the backlash. "That is if you aren't scared!"
    "Please, the only thing scary about you is your appetite," Charco said, rising in the air with her.

While getting into a fight immediately upon returning to the Lookout wasn't in his plans, this would ease those thoughts in his head once and for all. He would prove that he hadn't been left behind by them.

Default Datey Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan enters the room, "Good, I see you're feeling better. A change of clothes are over there and there are three Sisters in the Temple waiting for you. Whatever you need, food, a bath, a place to rest, they will assist you. I will join you later, after I've spent some time in the healing chamber myself. These burns are starting to bother me."
    "Food, mostly." Ishtar replied with a small smile.

Making a note of the old scars -- undoubtedly the result of her former life -- the Oni turned her attention to Sarada whom, after learning that there was certainly food around; was pretty well excited.

Sarada chuckled. "I'm sure I'm already on some kind of blacklist after the last time I was here." She wondered if that poor bastard tasked with washing her literal mountain of used dishes resented the very idea of seeing her again. Probably so. "Ah, well. I'll only eat a light snack here, then fill up when we get back home."

She couldn't wait to sleep in her own bed after as long a day as this had turned out to be.

Instead of venturing out to find Meagan, she found them, and offered them the use of three Temple Sisters. Food, a bath, a bed, anything they needed would be provided them. "Much appreciated, Meagan. Nothing like a good fight to work up an appetite."
    Sarada tried to resist watching Meagan undress, but she couldn't help but be curious about what she was working with. Hm, not bad. Jinzi is a lucky bastard, she silently noted with a even more silent chuckle. She also noted the old scars on her back, but said nothing about them.

"Well, we'll give you some privacy. See you later."

She grabbed Ishtar's good hand and all but dragged her out of the room and toward where she sensed the Sisters. "Let's get some food in you. You'll need all the energy you can get for later," she said with a sly grin.
    Being drug down towards the sisters then, all Ishtar could do was chuckle.

"The same goes for you ... we both have frustrations in need of sorting out ..."

Arx Inosaan

Nevanlinna had been exiled, for just fighting with non-Threshlings. Or, perhaps because she fought with them against Anula and her bastard brother. Hm. "Sorry to hear that. I figured no one would care that you helped us kill that welp, but apparently not. Any idea how you can get reinstated? If you even can get reinstated." She wasn't sure how exile worked on Reshlan. She wasn't sure how it worked on her own worlds, matter of fact.

"Seri, huh? Your Queen sees fit to consider you a new acquaintance." Sarada grinned brightly, but it dulled significantly when the small child told her why she was in Nevanlinna's care. She was from Cipolline, one of the newer colonies Mato established near the end of his reign. It was a small settlement some distance away from Vocado, if she recalled correctly.

And it had been attacked by Tuffles. She supposed she was so busy with Parsley and Turrip, she neglected to pay attention to any distress calls from the smaller worlds. A critical, and fatal, oversight. More Saiyans had died, undoubtedly including this girl's entire family. God damn it.

She sighed, then forced on a smile. It became easier as she listened to the girl's resolve and reason for getting stronger. "Sorry to hear about your home. But! I'm planning on bringing back all the Saiyans who were attacked by those bad guys. That includes your family, friends, and everyone else on Cipolline." Simply wishing for the Saiyans killed by Tuffles in the last year back to life and returned to their homeworld was more than sufficient enough, and would include any other colonies that may have been attacked.

I'll see into how many Saiyans were on that world and add those deaths to Appel's charges. That bitch will rot for the rest of her fucking life.

"But, anyways. Enough about sad stuff. You wanna get stronger, huh? Good. Who knows? Maybe one day, you'll be as strong as me."
    "I can return either when 25 years, by our reckoning, has passed, Auroc has personally forgiven me, or if I manage to overcome my mother in combat," said Nevanlinna. "I very much doubt Auroc will forgive me, as I was far from devout in my worship, and my exile has not improved my opinion of him. And while I have been training--daily and under extreme conditions--I am not confident in my ability to overcome my mother, even should I match her in sheer power, simply because the advantage in knowledge, skill, and experience she has."

Of course, here in the wider universe, there were many varied opponents to contend against--and learn from--so perhaps that might allow her to close that gap as well. Only time would tell, and as a Threshling, she had plenty of it to spare.

Seri's tail wagged. "Everyone will come back to life? But how? I... think I heard about Tasure coming back to life because of a dragon or something. Are you going to go beat up a dragon until it brings everyone back?"

That Anula's last question coincided with her initial comments were not surprising, Ishtar could not deny that there was certainly a lot worth unpacking in light of what it was the The Eye of Auroc meant, to say nothing of what Ishtar was asking. So the Oni smiled, and then explained. "When we returned, we found that Anula was attempting to siphon the knowledge from Jinzi and send it to Reshlan and its scientists ... after we prevented such; we then tracked her down and after a brief conversation, she and I struck a deal."

The Oni shrugged.

"Before it could be sealed between us, Auroc manifested through her directly. I defied him -- as did others -- and after a brief conversation we agreed to terms. Yet after I accepted his mark, he proved himself the liar I knew him to be, and attempted to 'cheat' me." Ishtar chuckled, "but it was all preamble for this ... Eye, of his. A whisper of tangible evidence for his existence ... and a means to hunt him to ground."

After she had explained the how and why, then, Ishtar shook her head simply.

"Freed from the influence of Auroc, and mind erased in his attempt to cheat me ... she is little more than a woman who barely remembers her name. Even stranger, she is kind, and gentle; and for the moment she remains in the care of Evangeline. As to why I wish to find him ... I mean to kill him, Nevanlinna."
    She... wished to slay Auroc? For most Threshling, such an utterance would be blasphemous. For Nevanlinna, who's observance of Threshling religion had been... suspect at the best of time, it was a laughable proposition, given the difference in power, but she took no real offense.

"I see. You do realize that, with how interwoven Auroc is into the fabric of Threshling society, such an action, in the vanishingly small chance you succeed, would throw my world into turmoil?" She paused for a moment. "Hmph, knowing you, you simply don't care. Preferably I would ask that you wait until something can be found to fill the void. If nothing else, an ideal my people can latch onto... or perhaps an alternate deity."

Unfortunately, Nevanlinna hadn't the slightest idea what that could be.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 11-16-2018 at 05:24 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Making a note of the old scars -- undoubtedly the result of her former life -- the Oni turned her attention to Sarada whom, after learning that there was certainly food around; was pretty well excited.

"The same goes for you ... we both have frustrations in need of sorting out ..."
    At the end of the corridor, near a staircase, two of the young Priestesses appeared, apparently having just walked down from the main level. Both were dressed in casual clothes. The only thing that distinguished them was the chokers around heir necks and the arm bands with symbols that identified their status. One was carrying a change of clothes, clearly intended for Meagan.

Upon seeing the two, the Sisters bowed, then the one with the clothes excused herself, hurrying to the infirmary. The other, a 20 something Chomakai with long purple hair, stayed behind. "Your Majesties, welcome. Lady Meagan has instructed me to look after you. How may I be of service?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    using Ki Althena inflates her muscles and bone a small bit , and her height increase from 7'6" to 7'8". she then says to Eva " this is Efficiency Mode it grants a 4 x boost in power and it's highly efficient ." "it's mainly use for conserving stamina my power level in this mode is 160,000 ." she then reverts to her original size.

after that she just uses Ki to increase the size of her leg and arm muscles just enough for there to be noticeable difference. she then says " this is boost mode it grants a 6x boost in power and boost strength & speed." " it doesn't sacrifice too much stamina but there's still loss of Stamina compare to Efficiency mode." " my power level in this mode is 240,000"

Althena then uses Ki to bulk up her entire body to the point where it's a mountain of muscle and her height increases to 10 feet . Althena then says to Eva" this is Power mode it grants a 8x boost in power and boost strength tremendously but suffers in speed and stamina." " in this mode my power level is 320, 000 ." Althena than surges more Ki though her body until a red fiery aura surrounds her body and glowing red lines of Ki appear on her body, and her eyes turn completely white .

Althena then says to Eva " finally this is Max mode which grants 10x boost in power giving both a tremendous boost in strength and speed . " "however it comes with a great cost Max mode has massive Ki drainage. " "it is a technique that should only be use as a last resort." " in this mode my power level is 400,000 but because of the rapid drainage in Ki it drops to 20,000

" in the book of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam the most recommend mode to use is Efficiency Mode". " no Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam master include me would ever recommend going straight into Max mode ." " it's just not worth it." " even now as I'm in this mode I can feel my Stamina and Ki rapidly draining."

" you can see the visually see Ki leaking out from my body." " the mode is really powerful but at the same time Highly impractical and basically useless."

for Cleric

Althena while still in Max mode says to Eva " okay to recap Efficiency Mode it grants a 4x boost in power, Boost mode grants a 6x boost in power , Power mode grants a 8x boost in power but suffers from great loss in speed and stamina, and finally Max Mode grants a 10x boost in power but suffers from massive Ki drainage." " these are all the four power up techniques of Toadian combat style Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam. " " which I have demonstrate to you. " " right now I'm still in Max mode as you can plainly see. "

" if you can read my Ki and I believe you can. " "you have most likely notice that while I'm in this mode that my energy constantly keeps dropping by five percent." as Althena says this her power level drops from 20,000 to 1,000. from 400,000 to a miserly 1,000 in the span of 10 minutes. Althena starts to breath heavily saying " each power up technique was create by a different Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam Master."

"Efficiency Mode was created by the first master and founder of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam Vivian Luue ." " who is also the create of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam greatest technique Rebound Flash Boost Counter." " it's technique that sends attacks back at the attack at more the twice the attacks power. " it's a extremely difficult technique to master as it involves timing and reading attacks. "

" I know how to do this technique but I could never pull it off 100% of the time." " now back to the history of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam Power Up techniques ." " a generation later Boost mode was create by Gloria Luue in attempt to make a power up technique that was better than her mother Vivian's Efficiency Mode technique ." " decisions to rather or not Gloria Luue had successfully improved upon her Mother Vivian Luue's power up technique was split. "

"Toadians in my time couldn't come to agreement if Boost mode was better or worse then Efficiency." " one side it was better because of the speed it granted over Efficiency mode , and another side it was worse, because of it wasn't as efficient. " "one generation after Boost mode was made , Power mode was created by Yavian Luue who was Vivian Luue's granddaughter."

"Yavian want to created a technique that could greatly boost a Toadian's strength so she develop Power Mode. " " she was successful in developed the technique but the strength it gave came at the cost of speed and stamina. " another generation later Max Mode was create by Livain Luue the great granddaughter of Vivian Luue. " "Livian Luue saw how slow her Mother Yavian Luue's technique power mode was and wanted to improve it's speed. "

"so she develop Max Mode." " in doing so she create the most useless power up technique in Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam." " even through Max Mode grants a Toadian 10x boost in power." " that power can only be maintain for 5 minuets. "

"finally there's the mythical Awaken Mode theorize by Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam master Mavivan Luue 3,000 years ago." "Mavivan saw the flaws of her ancestors Boost mode, Power Mode and Max Mode techniques and want to created a mode that could truly surpass Efficiency Mode." " so she start theorize on a technique that could do just that ." " a technique that could surpass Efficiency mode in Ki control and be more efficient."

"Mavivan tried for years to develop this technique but she was never successful ." " many Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam masters after her death have tried to develop Awaken mode and none have succeed ." " that is the history of the Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam power up techniques." " Oh and Awaken mode also goes by another name in the book of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam which is Enlightenment Mode. "
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-15-2018 at 10:45 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Sarada's sly grin grew in hunger and luminosity. "Then I think we should take some to go, in case we need to refuel midway." More like definitely, regardless of whether any refueling was needed or not. Chromakai food was delicious, even if it wasn't on par with anything Zaofan could make.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    At the end of the corridor, near a staircase, two of the young Priestesses appeared, apparently having just walked down from the main level. Both were dressed in casual clothes. The only thing that distinguished them was the chokers around heir necks and the arm bands with symbols that identified their status. One was carrying a change of clothes, clearly intended for Meagan.

Upon seeing the two, the Sisters bowed, then the one with the clothes excused herself, hurrying to the infirmary. The other, a 20 something Chomakai with long purple hair, stayed behind. "Your Majesties, welcome. Lady Meagan has instructed me to look after you. How may I be of service?"
    Upon exiting the room where Meagan was healing and dashing down the hall, they came across two young Chromakai women. One excused herself the moment they arrived to take a change of clothes to Meagan. The other remained and inquired of any needs they may have had.

"Hello," she greeted with a respectful bow of her head. "We're both starving after fighting. Could you take us to the kitchen so we can get something to eat? Also, is there any meat on hand?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"I can return either when 25 years, by our reckoning, has passed, Auroc has personally forgiven me, or if I manage to overcome my mother in combat," said Nevanlinna. "I very much doubt Auroc will forgive me, as I was far from devout in my worship, and my exile has not improved my opinion of him. And while I have been training--daily and under extreme conditions--I am not confident in my ability to overcome my mother, even should I match her in sheer power, simply because the advantage in knowledge, skill, and experience she has."

Of course, here in the wider universe, there were many varied opponents to contend against--and learn from--so perhaps that might allow her to close that gap as well. Only time would tell, and as a Threshling, she had plenty of it to spare.

Seri's tail wagged. "Everyone will come back to life? But how? I... think I heard about Tasure coming back to life because of a dragon or something. Are you going to go beat up a dragon until it brings everyone back?"
    25 years? That was a long ass time to wait just so she could go home to see her family. Well, that was assuming that not all her siblings hated her. If they did, that would make going home rather awkward.

Auroc was a bitch. She had seen this with her own two eyes, witnessed Ochazuke scaring him into running away like a pussy. Heh. Is she were Nevanlinna, Sarada would have no qualms about living her entire life without ever being forgiven by that punk. Heh. Of course, she kept this to herself. Most people didn't like it when someone talked **** about their god. And if the Threshling were as pro-Auroc as she thought, even someone as... noncommittal as Nevanlinna apparently was wouldn't care too much for it.

Finally, challenging the Queen was the most fun option as far as Sarada was concerned. Matching fists with someone as allegedly powerful and experienced as Nevanlinna's mother would be an extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime bout that had Sarada shivering with excitement just thinking about.

"Not that you asked my opinion, but I think you should go with option three. I've witnessed Auroc's influenced firsthand, and honestly, he ain't all he's cracked up to be. Hell, Ochazuke sent him screaming like a bitch. Hehe. Oh, whoops." Well, so much for not insulting the woman's god to her face.

Ah, well.

"And 25 years is a long time. And the universe is pretty huge, so there's no telling how strong you'll become. Plus, fighting someone as strong as your mother is exactly what I'd call a good time, so where's the downside?"

As for Seri and her very Saiyan-like assumption that one needed to beat up the dragon to get it to resurrect someone, Sarada laughed and ruffled her hair. "Nah, unfortunately, I thinking hitting the dragon is frowned upon. You actually make a wish, and the dragon grants that wish. So, I'll wish for all the Saiyans that were killed by Tuffles in the last year to be wished back, and then your colony will be alive again. It's that easy."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Please, the only thing scary about you is your appetite," Charco said, rising in the air with her.

While getting into a fight immediately upon returning to the Lookout wasn't in his plans, this would ease those thoughts in his head once and for all. He would prove that he hadn't been left behind by them.
    Sarada scoffed. "As if!"

Once they were a suitable distance away, she started to stretch. It wasn't really necessary, since she had just gotten into a fight only a short time ago, but it was more a force of habit than anything else. Besides, one could never be too limber.

The battle was on! She powered up to her base combat power, then charged Charco. "Let's see what you've learned all this time!" She threw a fusillade of punches at Charco to gauge his speed and reaction time.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

".....Yeah.....I suppose this is it...isn't it." Chrona smiled, but for a moment she seemed a little....melancholy.

"So.....Going over the plan once more, just to make sure your all on board. One...Each of you will tap into the link produced by the Mages foci, they can use translocation magic to transport each of you close to where you need to be. It's not 100% accurate....but it'll be enough."

"Second...Ishtar. You want to fight our aunt right? That's good...you'll need to pull her attention for as long as possible. Fight her if you have too....but you can't kill her. The goal is to stall and distract, you'll know why when you get there."

"Third....Asha'rah. Parsic will still be regenerating from the trashing you gave her....she won't be combat ready, but.....well......." Chrona paused, and let out a sigh. "I will be.....So there is a pretty good chance you'll have to kick my ass a bit. To be more specific, shes me with a bit of a time dilation. She'll try to play along...but under my aunts orders she'll only be able to hold back so much. Make it look real...but again, don't kill her."

"Finally.....Zaofan. Once your inside, I'll take you to where you need to go. Retrieve Etrina at all cost.....and remember, you may have do some heavy convincing to pull her out of Fates grasp. Shes a manipulator....the worst kind, and she'll dig her claws deep into your...uhh....girlfriend...wife...how far long were you two at this point? Anyways......do what you have to and bring her back. After that....Erosa will take care of the last part."
    Asha'rah cocked her head to the side, mildly puzzled.

"Thrashing? I thought I barely gave her a burn just now."

The fight hadn't lasted very long, but it seemed apparent that Ishtar and Zaofan had done most of the work during that time. Asha'rah's initial attack had failed to inflict any noticeable damage, and after Parsic's rant against Asha'rah's philosophy, she had elected to simply escape harm and allow Parsic to face the fruits of that striving she held in such contempt.

"Regardless, I will endeavor to make it appear plausible."

With one final check of things, Chrona stepped backwards.

Ishtar was carrying the White Etrina.
    Asha'rah was carrying Blue
    Zaofan was carrying Red
    ...and Green was sitting on Chrona shoulder.

"Ok...Everything looks good. Listen up......" Chrona took a look at all of them, and for the first time she seemed to drop whatever facade of indifference and humor she seemed to be holding. "So....Yeah. Whatever happens....was nice working with people for a good cause. Even if things go south....at least we have that, right....not that things well...I mean I.....Oh ****!"

Chrona ran up and switched the Etrina on Ishtars shoulder with the one on Zaofans.

"Phew....that was close. Bad end averted there.....*Ahem*........Well. I guess this is goodbye for awhile....I'll see you guys at the destination, and when things are all said and done."

"Magic link is confirmed." The Blue Etrina announced. "Relocation Magic prepped and ready."

"All set here, lets kick some ass!" The White Etrina shouted.

"Glad you liked it....I popped it 12 centuries ago." A amused smirk crossed Chronas lips just as the magic engaged. With an almost ethereal pop the three travellers vanished....and a moment later Chrona vanished as well.

~~~

Both Ishtar and Asha'rah seemed to arrive in roughly the same area. A vast underground cavern surrounded them....having a similar feel in size and scope to that of the geofront they had visited so long ago. The air was thick with magic, so much so it almost manifested into a physical presence...much like mist who transparent gas.

The section of the cave they were in seemed to be a study of some kind, with rows of tomes shelved in methodical order and stretching as far as the eyes could see. Though there was lights from multiple sources....the true illumination in the cavern as a while came from a sight of almost mythical proportions.

At the heart of the cavern stood a massive crystalline structure radiating intense energy. Platforms had been built into its sides that ran all the way to its top....where something akin to a chamber rested at its peak. Though the air was heavy with magic, through it they could distinguish something akin to a barrier around the entire mass.

".......Ishtar.....Asha'rah?" A voice suddenly called out to them from nearby. "Is that you? Thank kami....please....I need some help over here...."

It was Etrinas voice.

~~~~

Zaofan came back to his senses at the foot of the crystal structure....mere feet away from the protective barrier. Chrona was sitting nearby, flipping through a book. When the time aspect noticed him...she seemed almost surprised for a moment, before regaining her composure. "Oh hey....Ahhh....Zaofan right? Lo....I mean good to see you got here safe." She clambered over to him.

"Ok....looking good, you still have the magicite right? Well of course you do....if you lost it that quick you'd be hopeless. Anyways...here is your insert point." Chrona pointed her finger to the base of the spire, through the barrier. "No physical body from this point onwards....the entire thing is enchanted to hell and back with protective wards. You step one foot inside there and it would literally dissolve you....even me....hell, especially me. Shes a bit paranoid. But it won't notice a bodyless spirit strapped to some magicite.....see what I'm getting at? You pop your soul in there and I'll handle the delivery."
    For all of Etrina's father's flaws, and they were many, Asha'rah had to admit he had a sense of style. The cavern they found themselves in was huge, but decorated with countless rows of bookshelves along its walls. And in the center, a shining tower of crystal - a fortress of solitude to study in peace and focused grandeur.

And then a voice, coming from nearby yet from no visible source. Etrina. That she was still alive and sane enough to ask for help did much to lift Asha'rah's spirits. The goddess silently squeezed Ishtar's shoulder, conveying support and well-wishes for the battle to come.

"If Fate were immalleable, Evangeline would have never brought us all together. You may not need it, but I believe in you. I have always believed in you since the day we met. Let us retrieve our friends and storm out of here alive."

When she was done, she turned to address the voice.

"Etrina, we are here for you. Where are you?"