Page 609 of 782 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659709 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 11718

Default Bridging the Gap !

Then:

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When it was finally over, Parsley felt drained. She reached up to rub her eyes and found that they were wet. Tch. As Ishtar struggled to find words, Parsley sat in silence. Walking through it all like that left her raw and tired. But... for the first time, she felt that she could close her eyes and not see Appel's sneering countenance again.

She did so. She closed her eyes.

Nothing.

Nothing but blissful darkness.

Parsley breathed in and basked in finally being free - for the night - of her demon.

How did she feel? That was Ishtar's question after some seconds of stammering and tripping.

"Tired." She rose to her feet. A grateful smile touched her lips. "I'm tired, and I'm going to bed. Thank you, Ishtar."
    From the response, it seemed as if the endeavor was not simply a waste of shared suffering. So after a moment of simply staring, and getting herself under control enough to stop looking the fool, Ishtar offered Parsley a weary smile.

"That is very good to hear."

Letting silence fall between them for a few moments more then -- more so that she could enjoy, through the stolen anguish, the temporary success -- the golden-eyed Oni offered Parsley a nod, before explaining something. "What you suffered was ... severe. Success will be temporary. A ... few days at best, a single night at worst. You need to ... Ah." Ishtar stopped herself short. Parsley was hardly a fool, from her behavior and the way she spoken of it, the Saiyan understood that her offering of succor wouldn't solve the matter entirely.

No sense dragging that fact back into focus, when success for a night, or two ... or with hope -- however slim -- three; was more than enough for now.

Far more rattled, than I figured I would be ... hmph.

There came a sigh, before the glowing-horn Oni shook her head and took the time necessary to relax the tension in her shoulders, that had been built up; and only then did she return her focus to Parsley a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. "... for another time. I do believe you have a bed waiting for you. Good night, Parsley. I am glad I could be of assistance."

---

Now:

"Of course." Parsley couldn't stop the smile from creeping across her lips. It was just so damn exciting. Such power coursing through her; it was exhilarating! Even if she couldn't access it any time she wanted, it was still exciting.

Then, there was the social aspect. She was the first Super Saiyan in two millennia. That placed her name amongst the Saiyans of legend; right next to Vocado, Brocado, Buffet, and Beatz.

"I am the first Saiyan in two thousand years to achieve the pinnacle of our race. I... am a Super Saiyan!"

An awkward moment consisting of Parsley grinning proudly, hands jabbed into her hips like some corny superhero, dragged on for a short while until she cleared her throat. "But I... can't actually transform on my own. But, I did it!"
    Ishtar smiled softly, at the palpable joy -- and the goofy superhero stance that reminded the Oni of Pinach, and Rutaba, certainly -- emanating from Parsley as she wasted no time explaining that she was the first Super Saiyan in roughly two thousand years.

And the Oni ... understood why this news was important.

Thanks in no small part to the connection she shared with Sarada, and the emotional offerings that coincided with the almost-reverence in her Saiyan Queen's voice when she spoke of the transformation, coupled with what she recalled from her time interacting with the species some dozen or more millennia ago, the Saiyans even then, telling stories to the young ones among themselves of how their ancestors 'changed ... but not like the Great Oozaru. They kept their small selves, but their hair was as shiny as gold, with eyes as green as the Stagaroo's feeding plains. In their fists lay the might of the storms themselves ... and when they fought, when they fought; they ground split beneath them, and they parted the very sky ...' And in that light -- and understanding -- It was no surprise that over the long years the Super Saiyan had become a figure not unlike the great Warrior Gods of other species.

A thing to look to. A thing to hope for.

Especially for a species where power was lauded above all else.

Though for Parsley in particular to reach this pinnacle ? A Saiyan the golden-eyed Oni had come to know quite well -- or at the least understand -- over the past few days, who had suffered the loss of everything that had once made her a Saiyan ?

The Oni offered the Saiyan Princess a warm smile.

"Regardless of the circumstances this is something certainly worth celebrating, Parsley."

Of course having said that, the glowing-horn Oni also knew that Sarada was ... undoubtedly out of sorts about the whole thing. It was after all a pinnacle she'd attempted to reach herself, 'to become the first Super Saiyan in 2,000 years' ... and yet in the moment when Ishtar checked, all she could sense was the familiar tingle of primal satisfaction that could only mean one of two things. That she had just finished ravishing -- or being ravished by -- her Oni, or she'd eaten food; and given that both women were not currently a naked, sweaty, bloodied, and blissfully numb tangle of limbs wrapped around each other ...

The golden-eyed Oni suppressed a chuckle.

Food.

Nearing the Pendulum Room now, Ishtar rounded a corner before offering Parsley another smile ... though this one was a bit less warm than before.

"As for this room. Your training. The Pendulum Room is a place most strange." The Oni explained, then. "It knows things it should not, and bends time in ways that would make most mages envious; to show you scenes that you were never there for. More importantly however," the glowing-horn Oni continued, "what you experience during your time inside -- pain, fear, joy, pleasure, sorrow -- will be as real to you as anything else yet ... once you step outside the room, it is almost as if you never entered."

At the doorway now, the Oni peered in to see if it was empty, before being satisfied with the result. Turning back to Parsley then, the Oni shrugged her shoulders.

"What you choose to with the room is up to you, I suppose. Though if it is all the same ... I would join you."

She doubted there would be much for her to do, while inside. It was for Parsley to determine the scenario, and train ... and the Oni had half a mind what the training would consist of -- mastering her Nightmare, Appel -- and yet at the end of the day; Ishtar was on edge both from Zurvan's state, and the meeting with Alakazah.

The Oni needed something to do.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I believe so, also there's I thing that's puzzling me and it's the male and female roles on this planet. The females here are smaller and weaker than their male counterparts on average , and they seem to be the caretakers. With my race the Toadians it's the opposite the males are the smaller and weaker ones who act as the caretakers of our children," Althena said.
    OOC: for Tami.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Zurvan opened the RoSaT doors once more.

“This mission shall not be difficult, from what I can see. Pyrus, please lead on.”

Pyrus bows to Zurvan and Eva before walking through the open doors.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The GP impound the ship and take the gremlin into custody. He is currently in their brig.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Alt Zaofan stirs and sits up, blood at his mouth and his outfit battered and bloody. He gazes over to Ochazuke and tips a hat he doesn’t have.

“You are far mightier than I, power level be damned. I had that passion, that determination once. Maybe I can again.”

He slowly reaches into a pocket and pulls out a small beam, which he tosses to Ochazuke.

“Senzu bean. Should heal you right up.”

He pulls another out and eats it, wincing at the taste but sighing as his wounds heal.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "So in other words....you haven't actually achieved anything." Etrina remarked sternly, book in hand, having overheard the proclamation as she had been returning from a trip to the library. "Only reproducible results count for anything....so until you can reproduce I suggest you don't grow a big head."

Etrina paused, sighed, and turned back to Parsley. ".......Well done with your mission. I heard you ended up fighting the me from that timeline....cathartic I imagine, given all that's happened.....I.."

Etrina looked down at her book, while she attempted to build up words. "Your arm.....has it been giving you any issues since that time...?"
    "Who asked you?" Parsley responded churlishly. She wasn't about to let anyone - and she meant anyone - take this away from her. This was the pinnacle of her race, the utmost power Saiyans could achieve - that anyone knew of - so reaching that plateau even once was a big deal. She didn't expect a human of all things to understand, since other than present company, their race was rather unremarkable.

"It's fine," she replied in regards to her arm.
    A knock at the door cuts through the tension. "Ah, Parsley, Etrina. Forgive the intrusion," Zaofan sheepishly says as he pokes his head into the room.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I believe so, also there's I thing that's puzzling me and it's the male and female roles on this planet. The females here are smaller and weaker than their male counterparts on average , and they seem to be the caretakers. With my race the Toadians it's the opposite the males are the smaller and weaker ones who act as the caretakers of our children," Althena said.
    "Every race, every species is different. I can recommend several books on the subject so that you can study up on it." Meagan then turned to the RoTS as Zurvan reopened the doors. Seeing Cyanna about to go off on her own gave her a nervous knot in her stomach, but she kept telling herself that her sister will be just fine.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar smiled softly, at the palpable joy -- and the goofy superhero stance that reminded the Oni of Pinach, and Rutaba, certainly -- emanating from Parsley as she wasted no time explaining that she was the first Super Saiyan in roughly two thousand years.

And the Oni ... understood why this news was important.

Thanks in no small part to the connection she shared with Sarada, and the emotional offerings that coincided with the almost-reverence in her Saiyan Queen's voice when she spoke of the transformation, coupled with what she recalled from her time interacting with the species some dozen or more millennia ago, the Saiyans even then, telling stories to the young ones among themselves of how their ancestors 'changed ... but not like the Great Oozaru. They kept their small selves, but their hair was as shiny as gold, with eyes as green as the Stagaroo's feeding plains. In their fists lay the might of the storms themselves ... and when they fought, when they fought; they ground split beneath them, and they parted the very sky ...' And in that light -- and understanding -- It was no surprise that over the long years the Super Saiyan had become a figure not unlike the great Warrior Gods of other species.

A thing to look to. A thing to hope for.

Especially for a species where power was lauded above all else.

Though for Parsley in particular to reach this pinnacle ? A Saiyan the golden-eyed Oni had come to know quite well -- or at the least understand -- over the past few days, who had suffered the loss of everything that had once made her a Saiyan ?

The Oni offered the Saiyan Princess a warm smile.

"Regardless of the circumstances this is something certainly worth celebrating, Parsley."

Of course having said that, the glowing-horn Oni also knew that Sarada was ... undoubtedly out of sorts about the whole thing. It was after all a pinnacle she'd attempted to reach herself, 'to become the first Super Saiyan in 2,000 years' ... and yet in the moment when Ishtar checked, all she could sense was the familiar tingle of primal satisfaction that could only mean one of two things. That she had just finished ravishing -- or being ravished by -- her Oni, or she'd eaten food; and given that both women were not currently a naked, sweaty, bloodied, and blissfully numb tangle of limbs wrapped around each other ...

The golden-eyed Oni suppressed a chuckle.

Food.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "So in other words....you haven't actually achieved anything." Etrina remarked sternly, book in hand, having overheard the proclamation as she had been returning from a trip to the library. "Only reproducible results count for anything....so until you can reproduce I suggest you don't grow a big head."

Etrina paused, sighed, and turned back to Parsley. ".......Well done with your mission. I heard you ended up fighting the me from that timeline....cathartic I imagine, given all that's happened.....I.."

Etrina looked down at her book, while she attempted to build up words. "Your arm.....has it been giving you any issues since that time...?"
    "Who asked you?" Parsley responded churlishly. She wasn't about to let anyone - and she meant anyone - take this away from her. This was the pinnacle of her race, the utmost power Saiyans could achieve - that anyone knew of - so reaching that plateau even once was a big deal. She didn't expect a human of all things to understand, since other than present company, their race was rather unremarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    A knock at the door cuts through the tension. "Ah, Parsley, Etrina. Forgive the intrusion," Zaofan sheepishly says as he pokes his head into the room.
    "Tch."

Parsley shoved past Zaofan and left after Ishtar toward the Pendulum Room. At least one person actually understood why she was so proud of what she'd done. Even if no one else understood, belittling something she was obviously proud of... it got under her skin.

Tch.

Was this some kind of divine repayment from above? As if dying wasn't repayment enough. She thought she and Sarada had moved past this already, but evidently some higher power thought differently.

"Thanks," she said to Ishtar. "I can only keep the form up for a few minutes at most. More distressingly, the boost in power isn't nearly what it was purported to be. It's only x10, not x50 like the history books said. I'm hoping that I'll gain more power the more I use the form." As they walked, she looked up at the ceiling. "To think that this power so many Saiyans have lusted after only a literal handful have achieved is no stronger than a form an infant can use." She sighed heavily.

When she told the others once she - eventually - returned to Vocado, they were all going to be so disappointed. The only hope was that she could access more power the longer she remained in Super Saiyan form.

At the very least, it seemed that some of her abilities were enhanced as a Super Saiyan. An interesting development, for sure, and one she intended on exploring as much as she could.

Nearing the Pendulum Room now, Ishtar rounded a corner before offering Parsley another smile ... though this one was a bit less warm than before.

"As for this room. Your training. The Pendulum Room is a place most strange." The Oni explained, then. "It knows things it should not, and bends time in ways that would make most mages envious; to show you scenes that you were never there for. More importantly however," the glowing-horn Oni continued, "what you experience during your time inside -- pain, fear, joy, pleasure, sorrow -- will be as real to you as anything else yet ... once you step outside the room, it is almost as if you never entered."

At the doorway now, the Oni peered in to see if it was empty, before being satisfied with the result. Turning back to Parsley then, the Oni shrugged her shoulders.

"What you choose to with the room is up to you, I suppose. Though if it is all the same ... I would join you."

She doubted there would be much for her to do, while inside. It was for Parsley to determine the scenario, and train ... and the Oni had half a mind what the training would consist of -- mastering her Nightmare, Appel -- and yet at the end of the day; Ishtar was on edge both from Zurvan's state, and the meeting with Alakazah.

The Oni needed something to do.
    This room was a virtual reality simulator of sorts, with the added feature that everything experienced within felt real and had a tangible effect up until the moment the simulation ended or one exited the room.

Interesting.

She had never encountered a place like this before, so this upcoming training session was going to yield new, thought-provoking results. At the very least, the feeling of her caving Appel's skull in would feel real as opposed to immediately realizing that she was punching an illusion.

"Interesting," she admitted. "So, how does one begin the simulation? Where's the control room?" A brief glance into the room revealed that it was indeed empty. Not just devoid of life, but of any equipment, as far as she could see.

She stepped inside, nearly into the middle, in order to gain a full view of the room. "Hm. It's large and white," she commented. There wasn't much else to say on that matter.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Zurvan opened the RoSaT doors once more.

“This mission shall not be difficult, from what I can see. Pyrus, please lead on.”

Pyrus bows to Zurvan and Eva before walking through the open doors.
    "In that case, we'll be back before you know it!" Refreshed thanks to Cyanna's sandwich and ready to punch any face that needed punching, Sarada wasted no time in following Pyrus through the doors and into her timeline.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

"My apologies, I'll request permission next time before I point out the obvious." Etrina sniffed in annoyance, then took a deep breath and attempted to snuff out the growing annoyance. Another fight was absolutely not what she wanted to start here...and yet it already seemed to be veering that way.

".....I suppose its an accomplishment that can't be claimed by many, this Super Saiyan....Perhaps if I had been there it would have been a more awe striking sight."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Oh, Zaofan...." Etrina noticed the man peeking in and prepared to greet him...

"Tch."

Parsley shoved past Zaofan and left after Ishtar toward the Pendulum Room. At least one person actually understood why she was so proud of what she'd done. Even if no one else understood, belittling something she was obviously proud of... it got under her skin.
    ...At which point Parsley promptly exited with all the aggression of a bull elephant, tramping past Zaofan in the process.

"..........Ugh.." Etrina brought her hand to her forehead and suppressed the urge to curse. "........What a bother.....Zaofan dear, are you ok?" The Mage moved to attend the cook, in case the Saiyans stampeding exit had caused him any undo harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Every race, every species is different. I can recommend several books on the subject so that you can study up on it." Meagan then turned to the RoTS as Zurvan reopened the doors. Seeing Cyanna about to go off on her own gave her a nervous knot in her stomach, but she kept telling herself that her sister will be just fine.
    " that would be lovely thanks. Oh and I'm kind of hungry I could go for a big juicy steak right about now," Althena said as she licks her razor sharp teeth and then stops as she sees Praxat talking to Qaztoh . " Yeah Praxat is defiantly going and I think she might be doing a little prepping before she goes," Althena said.

" Hey Qaztoh you don't think you might have something in your Jobox for thermal protection , because wrapping my tongue around my body isn't a option," Praxat Said. Qaztoh looks turns on her Jobox and looks through a list . " Yes I have just the thing, Qaztoh said. Qaztoh select's the item and out from her Jobox suits pair of high tech gloves.

" These are my Quantum Thermal Barrier Gloves Mach II! When you put these on they will form a thin barrier around your body that will protect you from extreme temperatures like extreme heat and cold using quantum mechanics ,"Qaztoh said. Praxat puts on the gloves and pats Qaztoh on the back " yeah these will do nicely say Qaztoh you got any more of these gloves ? " Praxat said Qaztoh looks though her Jobox . " yeah I do , I have a couple of them.

Qaztoh makes more Thermal barrier Gloves pop out of her Jobox, and Praxat grabs them. " Thanks Qaztoh I'll give these to the others that are going," Praxat said. Qaztoh closes her Jobox. " Oh and the gloves are completely heat and cold proof," Qaztoh said.

Praxat examines the gloves she's wearing. " Yeah these look damn nice!" Praxat said.

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-23-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The GP impound the ship and take the gremlin into custody. He is currently in their brig.

In the brig Turk walks around. " Hmm hopefully they don't put me through an identification scanner than they would found out who I actually I am. I'm sure I'm in their databases ," Turk said to himself.
    My Forum check it out

"Tch."

Tch.

Was this some kind of divine repayment from above? As if dying wasn't repayment enough. She thought she and Sarada had moved past this already, but evidently some higher power thought differently.

"Thanks," she said to Ishtar. "I can only keep the form up for a few minutes at most. More distressingly, the boost in power isn't nearly what it was purported to be. It's only x10, not x50 like the history books said. I'm hoping that I'll gain more power the more I use the form." As they walked, she looked up at the ceiling. "To think that this power so many Saiyans have lusted after only a literal handful have achieved is no stronger than a form an infant can use." She sighed heavily.

When she told the others once she - eventually - returned to Vocado, they were all going to be so disappointed. The only hope was that she could access more power the longer she remained in Super Saiyan form.

At the very least, it seemed that some of her abilities were enhanced as a Super Saiyan. An interesting development, for sure, and one she intended on exploring as much as she could.
    Ishtar listened as they walked, as Parsley spoke of the 'true' Super Saiyan she had achieved.

And from the sounds of it, despite the elation the Saiyan seemed to feel, and otherwise expressed; she seemed decidedly underwhelmed. It was not as she'd been told growing up, not what she'd been raised to expect. The boost was marginal -- and from what she knew, again from Sarada, no better than the Oozaru transformation, or even Hitozaru -- and she could only sustain the influx of power for a few short minutes. Though that was the flaw with myths, and legends, wasn't it ?

"Tell a story long enough, and those who know the truth will die, and find themselves unable to correct it." the Oni muttered, only to chuckle and shake her head. "Though ... I have also found there is always some small measure of truth."

Though with a shrug offered to Parsley the golden-eyed Oni led the Saiyan on toward the Pendulum Room.

"You know the truth now, however. That the Super Saiyan legend was little more than a over-embellished tale. And with that dispelled, one has to wonder if you can craft your own ?" The Oni chuckled again. "Food for thought."

This room was a virtual reality simulator of sorts, with the added feature that everything experienced within felt real and had a tangible effect up until the moment the simulation ended or one exited the room.

Interesting.

She had never encountered a place like this before, so this upcoming training session was going to yield new, thought-provoking results. At the very least, the feeling of her caving Appel's skull in would feel real as opposed to immediately realizing that she was punching an illusion.

"Interesting," she admitted. "So, how does one begin the simulation? Where's the control room?" A brief glance into the room revealed that it was indeed empty. Not just devoid of life, but of any equipment, as far as she could see.

She stepped inside, nearly into the middle, in order to gain a full view of the room. "Hm. It's large and white," she commented. There wasn't much else to say on that matter.
    "Mm, yes. With gold trim. Hence the name I use for it," Ishtar commented with a chuckle.

As for the matter of how it was utilized however, the Oni considered how best to explain it before slipping inside herself to do just that. "The room casts your mind backwards through time. Simply focus on a where, and when; and the Room will take care of the rest." Pausing a moment to let the information sink in, the golden-eyed Oni then added a few more things. "As for how that works. The scenarios are shared by any who are in the Room at the time of its use; the result of a shared mindscape crafted for 'current' inhabitants based off of the where, and when one wished to go ... so your body, physically, does not travel with. Also, what you experience during is real. Should you wish to see our battle with Battersea, or travel back further and see a Saiyan Conquest of old, you will ... you can even interact with those who were there at the time. When you return back here however, and the scenario ends; the event will not be altered. So what you learned, and what you saw, and did, and felt ... is only for you, and anyone else who shared the scenario with you."

The Oni cracked a small smile.

"It is a rather clever training aid, if somewhat dangerous given the pain you experience is real." Finished, Ishtar walked over to one of the curved walls and sat with her back to it.

"Where we go is up to you. Assuming you do not mind my tagging along."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Blizzar- Ice Breaker

Years ago...

Blizzar sat underneath the crevice beneath the tree's roots, wondering when it would be safe to emerge. Night had already fallen and the rumblings from the clouds above indicated that there would be a downpour fairly soon. Blizzar had hoped the roots would shield him from getting pelted by the rainfall. Unfortunately, not the case.

As it began to rain, the crevice began to fill with water. Blizzar couldn't stay here for long or he'd drown. It was time for him to make his leave. It was dark and the weather would make good cover for his escape back home. Hesitation began to set in, however, with the arrival of a ship, it's lights illuminating all before it, in the darkness. The ship alighted on the ground and it's hatch opened to reveal the sight of two Arcosians. One fully grown and one a child, like him. The child...it was the one from before, Blizzar was sure of it. But how did they find him?

Blizzar dared take a glance forward. Something was glinting on the right side of the older Arcosian's face. Ah, of course. A scouter. The brat and his kin would have a simple enough time finding the power level of a child. But he'd spent far too much time thinking this over already. He made an attempt for a mad dash to freedom, but his hopes were shattered along with the tree's branches as a red beam of energy blasted forth from the older Arcosian's fingertips, Blizzar just barely managing to dodge the beam as it singed his shoulders.

"My, my..." the older Arcosian sneered, as he began to stride towards the downed Blizzar, his younger kin, trailing a bit behind his leg. "This was the runt that gave you trouble, Haile?"

"Yes bruddy, it was him!" the younger Arcosian, Haile, leaped up and down, his finger pointing accusingly. "Please tell me you're going to kill him! He disgraced our family, the rat!"

"Hmph, no more than you did when you let him hit you," Haile's brother scoffed. "Let this be a lesson to you, little brother. We stand high and above bottom-feeders such as this..." he grinned, nearing Blizzar and stepping on his back with a heavy foot, weighing him down. "We are as gods to these paltry mongrels. And when mere mortals besmirch our good name!" he shouted with a harsh stomp to Blizzar's backside. "Take up arms against us!" he screeched with another stomp. "Make us cow away in fear!" he bellowed with a final stomp. "That's when their fellow mortals begin to get ideas. That's when they begin to rise up against their betters!"

"I-I understand, bruddy!" Haile nodded, snot running down his nose as he gleefully watched his fellow child get the **** kicked out of him.

Blizzar, on the other hand, could only grunt in pain, at least for a few minutes, wondering if this would be his end. It took nearly all he could muster to keep from hyperventilating again. And what a tragic end it would be. The last of his line. Dead at an early age, unable to reclaim his family's glory and return it to the prestige it once had...pathetic. These worms in Arcosian skin, dared think themselves akin to gods? They truly believe themselves worthy of the title of nobility?

"I-I envy you, truly..." Blizzar stammered, beginning to feel to the bitter taste of blood building up as he spoke.

"Hmm?" Haile's older brother paused, glancing at Blizzar with some amusement. "As you should, runt. It is good that you realize your place on the food chain in your final moments. Perhaps, in another life you woul-"

"Such a grand delusion the two of you share," Blizzar interrupted. "Gutter trash...masquerading as nobility. To parade around so ignorant, yet so happy is quite the remarkable sight."

Haile's brother was silent for a moment, his faced fixed into a malevolent grin. His pupils dilated ever so slightly, his beady red eyes boring a hole into the small Arcosian with murderous intent. "You are remarkably well spoken for prepubescent vagrant, aren't you?" the old Arcosian asked, picking Blizzar up by a single horn, raising him to face him. "Let me hazard a guess...you descend from a disgraced line? Poor thing..."

Blizzar struggled to break free much to the adult Arcosian's amusement. He was at a disadvantage. He had not yet learned how to manipulate energy in a combative manner. Though he did have an early grasp of telekinesis. He stop moving so much and attempted to calm his breathing.

"That's right, be at peace with death," the older Arcosian grinned. "Not that your death will be all that peaceful, no..Perhaps I considered killing you swiftly before. I might've even given you pity, considering your disgraced status...however..." he smiled widely as he rose his free hand, two fingers pointing towards Blizzar as red energy began to gather around them. "You just had to insult our family once again. You really should've learned when to stop, my friend. Ah, well...perhaps in the next life..."

Before Haile's brother could fire the deadly blast, a boulder swiftly lifted itself off the ground, launching itself into his knee, bending it backwards. "AGH!" he cried, falling backwards as he clutched his wounded leg. "How rude! You dare....strike me?! Accursed child-ARRGH!"

"Br-bruddy!" Haile screeched, contemplating tending to his brother...for all of a few seconds, before running away, heading back to their ship.

"Why you stupid little ingrate..." Haile's brother spat, Blizzar unsure if he was referring to himself or his younger sibling. He slammed the boulder down on the older Arcosian's leg once more. The pompous fool screeched in pain, glaring at Blizzar hatefully. He was definitely the ingrate now. "I'm not going to let this stand you know...don't you know who my family is?! They'll hunt you down to the ends of the galaxy and beyond. You and anyone you ever care about, do you understand?!" he panted, pressing a button on his scouter, presumably to contact someone within his clan. "Listen quickly, this is-hrrrrk!" he coughed.

His call was interrupted by the sliding of a knife against his throat. The death dealt before him fazed him less than it should have. It wasn't the first he had seen, though it was the first he'd seen this particular person dispense. Blizzar couldn't be more overjoyed, however. That aforementioned person was his mother. His father couldn't be far behind if that were the case! But..."Mother...he was-"

"A noble," she answered. "I'm aware. I'm sorry it took us so long, dear. We wish we had found you sooner."

Blizzar ran to hug her leg. "They'll come after us...we can't stay...will we leave the city?"

"We'll leave the planet," his father answered him, carrying the now weeping Haile in his arms and nonchalantly tossing him aside. "We've been given a gift in this ship. Something that shouldn't be squandered so easily...With it perhaps, we can finally build our own fortune. The cards are in our favor now, son."

Blizzar gave a smile as they hurried onto the ship. There wasn't much time before the 'authorities' arrived to investigate the commotion and a healing chamber would seemed like a nice place to rest. Or at least Blizzar had hoped so. He had heard so much about them,so much about many things, but had experienced relatively little. But he was still young. He had much to learn about technology, about the galaxy at large. And once he did, he would earn his family's prestige back and return them to their rightful place.

The ship took off, leaving the park, the city, the planet...all forgetting about the young Haile, howling at the ascending vessel with threats of vengeance...

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar listened as they walked, as Parsley spoke of the 'true' Super Saiyan she had achieved.

And from the sounds of it, despite the elation the Saiyan seemed to feel, and otherwise expressed; she seemed decidedly underwhelmed. It was not as she'd been told growing up, not what she'd been raised to expect. The boost was marginal -- and from what she knew, again from Sarada, no better than the Oozaru transformation, or even Hitozaru -- and she could only sustain the influx of power for a few short minutes. Though that was the flaw with myths, and legends, wasn't it ?

"Tell a story long enough, and those who know the truth will die, and find themselves unable to correct it." the Oni muttered, only to chuckle and shake her head. "Though ... I have also found there is always some small measure of truth."

Though with a shrug offered to Parsley the golden-eyed Oni led the Saiyan on toward the Pendulum Room.

"You know the truth now, however. That the Super Saiyan legend was little more than a over-embellished tale. And with that dispelled, one has to wonder if you can craft your own ?" The Oni chuckled again. "Food for thought."
    She sighed. Parsley's disappointment was nearly crippling, but there was no point in letting it distract her from what was the most important thing: that she had reached a form that no other Saiyan had since Vocado. That in and of itself was more than enough to hang her hat on, so to speak. If it wasn't what it was fluffed up to be was of no consequence.

And besides, she was Parsley. How many times had she taken a technique and improved it? Just because Super Saiyan wasn't that strong now, it didn't mean she couldn't just make it so. She was a prodigy, after all. It shouldn't have taken too much effort to make the form more powerful by simply adding her golden touch to its already golden flame.

Yes, that was exactly what she was going to do.

"Paving my own legend sounds like a worthwhile endeavor."

I wonder if they'll carve my image into Mt. Oozaru like Vocado's.

"Mm, yes. With gold trim. Hence the name I use for it," Ishtar commented with a chuckle.

As for the matter of how it was utilized however, the Oni considered how best to explain it before slipping inside herself to do just that. "The room casts your mind backwards through time. Simply focus on a where, and when; and the Room will take care of the rest." Pausing a moment to let the information sink in, the golden-eyed Oni then added a few more things. "As for how that works. The scenarios are shared by any who are in the Room at the time of its use; the result of a shared mindscape crafted for 'current' inhabitants based off of the where, and when one wished to go ... so your body, physically, does not travel with. Also, what you experience during is real. Should you wish to see our battle with Battersea, or travel back further and see a Saiyan Conquest of old, you will ... you can even interact with those who were there at the time. When you return back here however, and the scenario ends; the event will not be altered. So what you learned, and what you saw, and did, and felt ... is only for you, and anyone else who shared the scenario with you."

The Oni cracked a small smile.

"It is a rather clever training aid, if somewhat dangerous given the pain you experience is real." Finished, Ishtar walked over to one of the curved walls and sat with her back to it.

"Where we go is up to you. Assuming you do not mind my tagging along."
    Focus on where, and when.

Fine.

Parsley breathed in and closed her eyes. Moments ticked by without anything actually happening. Then, the environment and surrounds shifted drastically in reaction to what Parsley had been thinking about.

It... perhaps wasn't good that her mind was focused squarely on Vocado just moments ago. As a consequence, her youthful imagination immediately flashed to stories of the titanic clash between the Saiyan and the ancient warlord, Glacier. There had been dramatizations of their battle, but the details always varied wildly. No one alive knew what happened, and all they had to go on were the journals Vocado left behind. Several of them were too degraded to be legible. To the chagrin of historians, this meant his battle with Glacier was lost to the sands of time.

Thus, here they were.

Ishtar and Parsley found themselves in the middle of an alien world. The broken, destroyed ruins of what looked like a rudimentary city stood behind them. Before them was a fresh chasm that stretched for miles, reaching and curving around the horizon. The sky above was alight with the bright, blinding flashes of clash blasts. However, at further inspection, Parsley saw that the flashes weren't blasts, but rather colliding auras - one gold and the other violet.

There was only one place they were: the planet Frost, two thousand years ago.

Before Parsley could marvel, the auras clashed again, creating a shockwave that ripped through the sky and destroyed the rocky structure they happened to be standing by. Parsley and Ishtar were thrown to the ground just as the two combatants were landing hundreds of feet in front of them.

They didn't seem to notice they were there. Yet, that was. Parsley would rather have it stay that way, if they immense powers they were emitting at the time were any indication. Even as a Super Saiyan, she felt like a fly compared to them.

"Unreal," she uttered when they engaged each other again. The ground trembled and shook with each blow. A thunderous blow sent Glacier flying. Right toward them! "****! Look out!" Parsley shot to her feet and flew back toward the city.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!