Page 703 of 782 FirstFirst ... 203603653693699700701702703704705706707713753 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held grasped the spear in his hand reluctantly. At a glance, Replitan weaponry did not seem particularly refined.

Or advanced. It seemed to be a stick tied together with a piece of rope, and a--admitedly--very sharp point. He would have expected the animals tooth to serve as the weapons core, as opposed to laying bare. The shaft of the weapon seemed uneven, and rough to the touch. It was not a comfortable grip. The weight of the weapon was hefty. Far too much for Helds taste. He himself was powerful enough to compensate for the imbalance, it was still an annoyance.

Still, Incenio must have saw *some* form of value in these weapons, even if Held did not. He would trust the Acrosians judgement.

"I suppose simplicity can be a virtue on the battlefield..." Held said slowly, before the bow and arrow vanished within a capsule.

He glanced at the large club Althena wielded.

"....I guess your people are not one for Subtlety or artistic liscense either.."

Rewind time !

" This is also a Replita weapon ,and like the spear and arrows , the spikes on this club are Vear teeth. From what are know about the Replitas is that they are hunters . All Replita weapons were specifically made for hunting!" Althena
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With a brilliant blue flash from Ochazuke's energy blast of special property and portent, the hybrid creature was gone. Just vanished without a trace.

More optimistic people would have assumed he was killed in the blast - as it, plus the Majin's timely assistance eliminated the chaff above them. Some may have hoped he was dead, since if he survived an attack like that, he would have been too powerful for even the Super Saiyans to withstand. Not to say that they were overwhelmingly more powerful than him before.

Parsley's eyes narrowed as she focused on the area where she last saw the creature. Perhaps it was dead and she was just paranoid. Or, perhaps she was hoping it was still alive. Either way, she refused to believe it until she saw some kind of evidence to the contrary.

Observational Focus narrowed its gaze to that area in hopes of finding some clue to its fate.
    There is...something.

Down below, a faint trickle of power amongst the debris and rubble in the forest below.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With a brilliant blue flash from Ochazuke's energy blast of special property and portent, the hybrid creature was gone. Just vanished without a trace.

More optimistic people would have assumed he was killed in the blast - as it, plus the Majin's timely assistance eliminated the chaff above them. Some may have hoped he was dead, since if he survived an attack like that, he would have been too powerful for even the Super Saiyans to withstand. Not to say that they were overwhelmingly more powerful than him before.

Parsley's eyes narrowed as she focused on the area where she last saw the creature. Perhaps it was dead and she was just paranoid. Or, perhaps she was hoping it was still alive. Either way, she refused to believe it until she saw some kind of evidence to the contrary.

Observational Focus narrowed its gaze to that area in hopes of finding some clue to its fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is...something.

Down below, a faint trickle of power amongst the debris and rubble in the forest below.
    Totoma, who'd prioritized stopping a few of the beams over attacking Koolard, finally caught up to where the Arcosian had been, coming to a stop beside Parsley. Judging from how she looked, she was trying to ascertain whether or not the abomination was really dead.

"Anything left of him?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

There is...something.

So, that was where he was hiding.

Either that or she found a trapped animal. Well, she was hungry, so either way was fine with her.

'I think I found him,' she reported to the others. 'Follow my lead.' Her power flared to provide a beacon the others could follow as she followed her own senses toward the debris and rubble.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Incenio grins.

“He finally went to the only source of food possible: his dead servants. More specifically, their tails. And lo and behold, he discovered a most remarkable thing, when the tail of an Arcosian is eaten, it power boosts the one who eats it. In non-Arcosians it can effect their minds and mutate their bodies as well, but in our own race it does...remarkable things, power wise. In the end, he regained enough power from this to heal and went on a rampage that destroyed his enemies.”

He smiles as he turns and looks at Blizzar, and the GP officer finds he cannot move at all. His entire body seems paralyzed save his mouth to breathe and speak. He also notices that his ki is being restricted. Incenio’s left eye swirls in a bastardized Shingan pattern, holding Blizzar in place.

“I’ve also found that certain other races bequest unique abilities if....consumed. Nevadian eyes, for instance. Such powerful things. But it has been a very long time since I’ve eaten another Arcosian’s tail. You’ll surely boost me into my next transformation, Blizzar. You have my thanks.”

He tk’s Blizzar’s body up and starts moving the two of them to the door.
    Wh-what?! By eating their...even if it gained one immense power it was so...so...Unrefined! Uncleanly! Savage! Deplorable! So that's what all this was about. Blizzar furrowed his brow. Why, if he were to break free, the only thing this so-called Arcosian would see with his stolen eyes, was the inside of his own skull!

"That's...rather violating, don't you think?" Blizzar asked calmly, but dismissively. No use letting Incenio get the satisfaction of him being angry about this horrifying predicament. "I must say, when I first entered the booth, I had pegged the smell on the frog. I suppose I owe her an apology now that I realize it was merely cannibalism induced halitosis."

Hmm...no ki. That wasn't going to break him free from Incenio's telekinesis...but perhaps his own was not so restrained. As they walked through the hall, Blizzar tried to move a vase he spotted from the corner of his eye, ever so slightly. Simply to see if he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Locating Eva, Cyanna teleports the two Toadians to her.
    " Eva your assistance is need . Praxat is in unbearable pain right now. She used an Aoem technique called Max Mode to push her body past it's limits . As you can see it has taken a great toll on her," Qaztoh said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-21-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

The third level opens up to a dark room. Stepping out, lights flick on and a horror show greats Chris, Held, and Althena.

Bodies floating in green liquid filled tubes, dozens of them, greet their eyes on one side. On the other, a row of dissection tables. Amongst the tables are reports and computers running various tests on the bodies in the tubes. On two tables are dead bodies, one a Nevadian with their eyes missing and another that appears to be a Namekian without a head.

Both appear to have been killed with a single energy burn through the chest into their hearts.
    The gears of the sharp Nevadian mind of Held Debon ground to a stop at the horror, the absurdity of it all. Held had expected...

Well, he had no idea what he expected, but it certainly wasn't this.

It was a macrbe sight the likes of which Held had found himself completely flabbergasted by. It looked like the scene out of a movie.

Bodies--Corpses?--in tubes to the left, all sorts of machinery whirling to the right...

And in the center before them, two bodies carved up for parts for dissection like mere animals.

"What...What?" Held stammered at last, attempting to reboot the computer that was his mind. He breathed deeply, as he was trained to do as a Soldier. He allowed peace and calmness to wash over him--as much as he was able--as he had been trained to do as warrior of the Unicorn Clan.

He focused his mind on his companion, Crazy Horn, and his teachings. Control. Poise. Grace. Focus. His breathing continued, and his mind returned.

"....This is what Incenio has been doing?" Held asked Chris, but an expression of surprise, and a rhetorical question. "Why?"

He walked towards the corpses, his stride improving with every breath he took.

He frowned as he looked at the head of the Namekian dispassionately. It made no sense to him. What was Incenio attempting?

He turned to what remained of his brothern, and at once he had an idea. His eyes and heart were missing. Both were the source and symbol of Nevadian power. The Shingan, and the power of their hearts were indeed formidable, but....

"What the hell would Incenio want that for, of all things?" He asked, a slight hint of anger in his voice, "I thought I had considered all options, but this....This is monstrous."

It's almost an insult to these two....Was he hoping to take something from the Namekian also?

The burn marks surrounding the cavities that once housed their hearts did not escape him. It was more than mere murder, it seemed to almost be a torture of sorts.

...Was this Incenio's doing? He looked odd for an Icer, but this is an odd way to do something like this...

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before he glanced at the tubes holding more bodies.

"Althena, don't touch anything, but let Blizzar know there's....Well, I'm sure you can explain it."

Hopefully he's got a good enough poker face for all this...I almost lost my lunch.
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-21-2019 at 06:35 PM.

The third level opens up to a dark room. Stepping out, lights flick on and a horror show greats Chris, Held, and Althena.

Bodies floating in green liquid filled tubes, dozens of them, greet their eyes on one side. On the other, a row of dissection tables. Amongst the tables are reports and computers running various tests on the bodies in the tubes. On two tables are dead bodies, one a Nevadian with their eyes missing and another that appears to be a Namekian without a head.

Both appear to have been killed with a single energy burn through the chest into their hearts.
    Time rewind

" Blizzar it's me Althena . The Gem has been located it has a energy barrier around it and it's being kept in a safe made out of Katchin," Althena told Blizzar through the GP tracker on her shoulder at a Infrasound frequency.

Time forward

Seeing the dead bodies Althena clenched her fists and suddenly electricity arcs off her body , " This is horrible ! Something like this is completely unforgivable! " Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-21-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Spidus shrugs slightly.

‘Perhaps. Luck....guardian. You will.... need it.’

Spidus bows and then loops off towards the waiting area.
    His response took her aback, but she chose not to dwell on it. As he walked off, Meagan turned and walked to an area where she could lean against a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Time rewind

" Blizzar it's me Althena . The Gem has been located it has a energy barrier around it and it's being kept in a safe made out of Katchin," Althena told Blizzar through the GP tracker on her shoulder at a Infrasound frequency.

Time forward

Seeing the dead bodies Althena clenched her fists and suddenly electricity arcs off her body , " This is horrible ! Something like this is completely unforgivable! " Althena said.
    After thinking it over, Meagan sent out psychic feelers to the other members of her group. Not so much words, as trying to sense where everyone was and in what condition or situation they were in. Those who receive this inquiry will know who sent it and can respond in kind if they so chose to.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

At some appropriate time between main story arcs:

Asha'rah breathed deep, her meditations having born new fruit. She was at peace with herself again. Whole again, in spirit if not in power. That would come in time. But now she had something even more valuable to her: Understanding. She'd traveled the length of her eons, floating over great voids where gaps in her memory remained, and now could see the journey she had chosen laid bare before her. It was one thing to roughly grasp at understanding one's goal in the moment, stumbling through life one problem at a time. It was another to understand one's place in the cosmos, not static, but one among countless paths striving for progress.

Her soul sang with deep, tranquil joy. And so she sang.

"The world was cold, the forges bare,
    None but Zeno in his lair.
    No time had flowed or life had died,
    When gods awoke and took their stride.
    We fed the sparks of our first star,
    We forged the foundation planar.
    No right or wrong was set in stone
    When babes were born of flesh and bone.
    They strove against their hardships pure,
    They overcame monsters of yore.

The world was grand, the suns were young,
    Soft were the saplings newly sprung.
    Yet soon it was, to all too clear
    That violence was the end all here.
    A rule by strength instead of head,
    Upon the mountains of the dead.

The world was drifting to tyrants’ gloom,
    Upon this threat our rebellion loomed.
    Words were tried to avoid war’s bloom,
    But those in shadow forced our doom.
    The heavens shook, the hells did quake,
    As we waged war for creation’s sake.
    My friend I killed, his power I took,
    My cause he rejected, our bonds forsook.

We came to blows as I knew we would,
    Him loyal to order over good.
    We stormed the palace, Zeno’s throne,
    Beseeched the one who ruled alone.
    Light fell upon the shadows’ deeds,
    Their honeyed words a shield for greed.
    What hope there was for compromise,
    Evaporated with their lies.

The All-God’s wrath was magnified,
    His mood rejecting reason’s guide.
    The shadows fled and hid within,
    Six spheres of life to delay their Sihn.

Zeno would have destroyed them all,
    If not for man, who stalled the fall.
    He shouldered all his comrades’ sins,
    He hunted far, the shadow’s kin
    He would not rest till all were slain,
    Yet without aid he’d but overstrain.
    Traitors, rebels, they both were scorned,
    Zeno’s sanction was of anger born.
    Imprisoned us within small things,
    As penance for our thoughts of kings.

The scars of war, they still remain,
    Our greatest shame to the babes explain.
    Now I awake and now I strive,
    A scattered mind but yet alive.

Peace with heaven have I made,
    To hunt the shadows as they bade.
    I will yet see my dream realized -
    Sciences and culture energized.
    First the traitors we’ll bring to heel,
    Creation must be allowed to heal.

Yet even as we start to win,
    Still enemies I find within.
    The old ways they will work no more,
    New paths for hope I must explore.
    The gods and folk strive side by side,
    Our wisdom gained with lessened pride.

My goals remain the same as old,
    New methods welcomed to the fold.
    For answers past mere martial might.
    For futures strong, rich and bright.
    Into this path I will pour my soul,
    Till I’ve died or achieved my goal.
    Though our chances may seem dire,
    Stand with me, oh creation’s fire!"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Time rewind

Blizzar's mind was racing as he attempted to see if his own telekinesis had any use left with Incenio restocking his movements as much as he did. He nearly forgot Althena had brought to his attention some good news for once. He was a bit too distracted to thank her for the information at the time...but now...perhaps there was something else she could help with.

"Althena..." Blizzar whispered as quietly as he could. "Sorry for the delay, I'm in a bit of a bind here," he informed the Toadian. "Listen very carefully, for I need a favor from you. Otherwise we may all face a grave new threat"

Blizzar thought for a moment and then quietly informed her, "I am imprisomed and I need to concentrate on something right now. It will help focus my mind. A story or a tale would be best. So, it would greatly benefit me if you could recite the history of your people, the Toadians. Start from as far back as you can remember..."

In the woods, a ruined torso greets them. One arm gone, no legs, half a head, and pretty much no skin left. Mechanical devices pull and constrict the torso, moving it away from them. A familiar cybernetic core, like Glacia’s, can be seen nearly destroyed. Koolard’s cybernetic heart is badly damaged and seems on the verge of giving out.

A baleful one-eye gaze swivels towards them. From the broken mouth, a new voice speaks.

“Well done. I did not expect two super Saiyans. What a wonderful surprise.”

The Doctor is speaking through Koolard’s remains.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Blizzar, your tk is weak but functional.

You have now been floated into an elevator alongside Incenio, who keeeps smiling and humming to himself.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Chris shakes his head, a look of disgust on his face.

“We didn’t know. We heard rumors people we’re gojng missing and we were investigating. A friend of ours was one of the victims....”

He spins around and starts looking at the tubes.

“Held! Toad girl! A few of these people in the tubes are still alive!”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    His response took her aback, but she chose not to dwell on it. As he walked off, Meagan turned and walked to an area where she could lean against a wall.

After thinking it over, Meagan sent out psychic feelers to the other members of her group. Not so much words, as trying to sense where everyone was and in what condition or situation they were in. Those who receive this inquiry will know who sent it and can respond in kind if they so chose to.
    Two are far below the basement with Chris and one is heading that way now.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM