Page 705 of 782 FirstFirst ... 205605655695701702703704705706707708709715755 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Feinting into a feint, how appropriate...

Thrust his Spino Grasp upward, the fragile construct erupted into a gout of energy as Solarius' Arcadian Hammer struck. Like it or not, Charco had found himself in a beam battle and was at a disadvantage. The only positive to this situation was that he still had a hand free, which he would quickly put to use. Gathering energy into the palm of his hand, one would find that it was not the typical green that Charco's techniques produced. Instead, it was bright blue, reminiscent of the ocean in which spawned the technique. While he had only used his own modified form of it, he could still recall Eva firing it at him.

Even with one arm, he felt confident he could replicate it.

"KA... ME..."

The energy swirled with acceleration, energy crackling from the boy's body with the absurd amount of energy he was already generating.

"HA... ME..."

Cocking his arm back like the hammer of a pistol, he launched it forth, unleashing a second stream of energy toward Solarius.

"HA!!!"
    The second beam strikes, and a struggle occurs but, with surprise on his face, the blue beamsowly overtake Whis and slams into him.

With a grunt and curse, Solarius falls out of the arena, a bit crispier but alive. He looks up and shakes his head.

“Dang it.”

He stand and brushes himself off as Charco is declared the winner.

“That was stupid. I knew better than to get into a beam fight, but I thought I had surprised you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash came in close, "Ah can think of one who will, an she'd never forgive you."

The hybrid turns its eye towards her.

“Even she’ll forget. All can be forgiven for the right reasons.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    So, this was the Doctor speaking... Jinzi. Or an alternate Jinzi. What could cause a man who was so well-intentioned to go so wrong? He had to know.

"Doctor... no, Jinzi. What, exactly are you trying to achieve here, with all this... time fuckery? What could push you this far?"

Opening up the telepathic link with the others further, he focused on 'feeding' whatever the doctor said to him to the others. It concerned them--Ishtar especially, given her father's role in all this--so it was only fair.
    “Does it matter? Well, I suppose it won’t matter if you know or not. I lost, Totoma. Everything. You all, the company, Meagan, our son, and even Earth itself. Everything....gone. But I survived. I always survive. And I will have it all back, if I have to tear down the heavens itself, break death and conquer time, I will have it all back. None will stop me, my will is absolute.”

He cocks his ruined head.

“Do you doubt my resolve, Totoma?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Okay....That went well enough." Held said, exhaling slightly. It was unlikely anyone in the room was familiar with the setup Incenio had made. Held was half-worried that removing the woman from her chamber might bring about...complications in the poor woman.

Nevermind any traps Incenio might have made to alert him of the situation.

Held frowned slightly as he placed an arm on the woman's shoulder, coated with the green fluid, gently shaking at it.

".....Hey! Anyone home?"

She opens her eyes, weak but still alive.

“Where.....where am I?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley chuckled. "So confident. So sure of victory, despite legitimate setbacks and real threats to your person gradually gaining ground." The ball in her hand intensified in power until it started to glow white. "I've been in your shoes, Jinzi. I've felt supreme confidence in myself and my plans. So much so that I truly and genuinely felt that I couldn't be defeated. Until I was. You know what the best part was? I never saw it coming. When you're lying on the ground, beaten and broken, you realize that even with all of your manipulation of time itself, you never realized how close to humiliation and defeat you really were."

Her eyes narrowed. "Pride comes before a fall. Take it from someone who knows."
    “I already fell. I already lost everything. I can only go forward.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Does it matter? Well, I suppose it won’t matter if you know or not. I lost, Totoma. Everything. You all, the company, Meagan, our son, and even Earth itself. Everything....gone. But I survived. I always survive. And I will have it all back, if I have to tear down the heavens itself, break death and conquer time, I will have it all back. None will stop me, my will is absolute.”

“I already fell. I already lost everything. I can only go forward.”
    "You would rob every living soul the right to live their lives just so you can have yours back," Parsley stated, each word dripping with disgust. "You would undo everything just to have things your way." He really was just like Asha'rah. Two different objectives, but born from the same motives and with the same result in mind. The upheaval of the natural order to remake everything how they saw fit.

"Before I say more, can I assume that Namek, or any other world with Dragonballs ceased to exist on your world?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"You would rob every living soul the right to live their lives just so you can have yours back," Parsley stated, each word dripping with disgust. "You would undo everything just to have things your way." He really was just like Asha'rah. Two different objectives, but born from the same motives and with the same result in mind. The upheaval of the natural order to remake everything how they saw fit.

"Before I say more, can I assume that Namek, or any other world with Dragonballs ceased to exist on your world?"
    “Not robbery, just.....a reset. A do over. You should know all about those, Parsley. A second chance was given to you, that is all I am seeking when you get right down to it.”

A bitter chuckle follows.

“The dragon balls.........no, none survive. Earth’s are gone, Namek’s are lost to me, and I wasted years seeking others out.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ah, so that was it. Jinzi had been driven to what appeared to be madness by the loss of everything. How pitiful. Totoma understood that feeling, just a little bit, but...

"No, I don't. However..." he trailed off for a moment, his expression hardening. "You are a fool, immature and weak. You are the worst kind of evil; just a deluded ghost that would sacrifice anything and everything just to resurrect the past. Acting like this just to satisfy your selfish desires leaves nothing but emptiness behind, and even if you succeed, this path will deny you any true happiness. I will stop you, not only for the world's sake, but also yours."

He pointed at the doctor's mouthpiece and echoed Jinzi's statement in the form of a declarative, authoritative statement. "Do not doubt my resolve, villain."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 03-21-2019 at 10:23 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    His response took her aback, but she chose not to dwell on it. As he walked off, Meagan turned and walked to an area where she could lean against a wall.

After thinking it over, Meagan sent out psychic feelers to the other members of her group. Not so much words, as trying to sense where everyone was and in what condition or situation they were in. Those who receive this inquiry will know who sent it and can respond in kind if they so chose to.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar's mind was racing as he attempted to see if his own telekinesis had any use left with Incenio restocking his movements as much as he did. He nearly forgot Althena had brought to his attention some good news for once. He was a bit too distracted to thank her for the information at the time...but now...perhaps there was something else she could help with.

"Althena..." Blizzar whispered as quietly as he could. "Sorry for the delay, I'm in a bit of a bind here," he informed the Toadian. "Listen very carefully, for I need a favor from you. Otherwise we may all face a grave new threat"

Blizzar thought for a moment and then quietly informed her, "I am imprisomed and I need to concentrate on something right now. It will help focus my mind. A story or a tale would be best. So, it would greatly benefit me if you could recite the history of your people, the Toadians. Start from as far back as you can remember..."

Althena responds to Meagan's Inquiry while speaking with Blizzar, " From what I remember from what Doxal the previous Kami of Qacriea told me. Toadians and Replitas weren't the first sentient beings on Qacriea . According to Doxal my people the Toadians and the Replitas were offshoots of his race the Newtarians. He told me that his people were quite advance , and that some kind of cataclysmic event that happen on Qacriea force his people to undergo drastic changes," Althena said to Blizzard through the GP track at a infrasound frequency.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

“Not robbery, just.....a reset. A do over. You should know all about those, Parsley. A second chance was given to you, that is all I am seeking when you get right down to it.”

A bitter chuckle follows.

“The dragon balls.........no, none survive. Earth’s are gone, Namek’s are lost to me, and I wasted years seeking others out.”
    A second chance.

It was true; Parsley was given a second chance. She did her time; she paid for her sins in her past life. When she was resurrected, she had a new lease on life. The thing was, she earned her second chance, by paying her penance.

"A second chance, you say. Yes, I have a new lease on life. I earned it; I paid for my sins. I would say that you, on the other hand, have only earned the right to join your wife and son in the afterlife, but let's be honest. You won't be seeing them where you're going. You plan to tear time itself apart at the seams just to have your family back; in doing so, you rob countless other Jinzi's of their families and loved ones, just so you yourself can have what you lost. A large leap from simply seeking a second chance.

"But, maybe you succeed. Meagan, your son, and all of your friends will be back in your life. And, even better, they won't even realize what you've done. But, you will. And you will have to live the rest of your life knowing that simply waking up every morning next to your wife will serve as a lie being told directly to her face. Because she will believe she's still married to the man she knew before she died. You, on the other hand, will know beyond the shadow of all doubt that the Jinzi Pantaloons she wedded is long dead; and in his place is an idiotic, selfish, subhuman piece of trash who believes in the moronic notion that the ends justify the means.

"But, you won't have to worry about spending each night wide awake knowing that you fail your wife's expectations every day. Because when I find you - and I will - I am going to kill you. Call it what you want; I choose to call it mercy."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A second chance.

It was true; Parsley was given a second chance. She did her time; she paid for her sins in her past life. When she was resurrected, she had a new lease on life. The thing was, she earned her second chance, by paying her penance.

"A second chance, you say. Yes, I have a new lease on life. I earned it; I paid for my sins. I would say that you, on the other hand, have only earned the right to join your wife and son in the afterlife, but let's be honest. You won't be seeing them where you're going. You plan to tear time itself apart at the seams just to have your family back; in doing so, you rob countless other Jinzi's of their families and loved ones, just so you yourself can have what you lost. A large leap from simply seeking a second chance.

"But, maybe you succeed. Meagan, your son, and all of your friends will be back in your life. And, even better, they won't even realize what you've done. But, you will. And you will have to live the rest of your life knowing that simply waking up every morning next to your wife will serve as a lie being told directly to her face. Because she will believe she's still married to the man she knew before she died. You, on the other hand, will know beyond the shadow of all doubt that the Jinzi Pantaloons she wedded is long dead; and in his place is an idiotic, selfish, subhuman piece of trash who believes in the moronic notion that the ends justify the means.

"But, you won't have to worry about spending each night wide awake knowing that you fail your wife's expectations every day. Because when I find you - and I will - I am going to kill you. Call it what you want; I choose to call it mercy."
    Silence reigns for a few seconds before he replies.

“Whoever said I planned on living through it?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held winced slightly at the unexpected voice in his mind. It took him all of a second to place it as Meg Lu--Megan. It was hardly going to matter to Chris what name she was referred to in the mind of the Nevadian.

.....I'll admit things have gotten a bit more complicated than I thought. The short version of it as that we stuck our noses around and found a bunch of mutilated corpses and people in tubes. We're not in any danger, but it's not exactly a fun time...Nevadians with no hearts, Namekians with no heads, things like that.

He paused, considering her question.

It's up to you. But....Either way, remember what we actually came here for. I know where the gem is, but I have no way of getting it yet...And I don't want to draw the attention of the other fighters...Let alone Incenios. Whatever you do, try to keep it quiet.
    "Meagan it's horrible. There's a bunch of dead bodies and people in these strange tubes ! I'm not in any danger , but I'm horrified at the situation before me!" Althena said to Meagan.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Blizzar, your tk is weak but functional.

You have now been floated into an elevator alongside Incenio, who keeeps smiling and humming to himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena responds to Meagan's Inquiry while speaking with Blizzar, " From what I remember from what Doxal the previous Kami of Qacriea told me...."
    "Excellent, keep on going!" Blizzar whispered. "Explain the intricacies of your culture too. I'll let you know when you should take a break."

As Althena spoke, Blizzar used his telekinesis to lift the receiver of his GP transmitter from his ear letting it weave beneath his body around to the back of Incenio's head.

From there he lifted the receiver through Incenio's ear's , letting it fly as far as he could take it without the cannibalistic Arcosian knowing. With the last bit of telekinesis, he could manage at the moment, he upped the volume.

Toadians and Replitas weren't the first sentient beings on Qacriea . According to Doxal my people the Toadians and the Replitas were offshoots of his race the Newtarians. He told me that his people were quite advance , and that some kind of cataclysmic event that happen on Qacriea force his people to undergo drastic changes," Althena said to Blizzard through the GP track at a infrasound frequency.
    "Let's see if Incenio can manage to hold his psychic vice grip while someone else is speaking in his head..."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Eva your assistance is need . Praxat is in unbearable pain right now. She used an Aoem technique called Max Mode to push her body past it's limits . As you can see it has taken a great toll on her ," Qaztoh said.
    OOC: in case this was missed.
    My Forum check it out

Silence reigns for a few seconds before he replies.

“Whoever said I planned on living through it?”

That was an unexpected response. However his family and friends died bothered him so much that he would sacrifice himself so that they could live. A fool would call it noble, but Parsley knew better. The ends still didn't justify the means. The ends didn't even make sense.

She knew the point. His family and friends would live; but he wouldn't be there to realize it.

"Ah, false delusions masked as noble intent. A child would sympathize, but anyone with sense will still regard you as deluded fool. Though, I suppose you believe you have it all figured out. Meagan and your son live, you die, and your legacy remains pristine in their eyes. The perfect plan if I've ever seen one. I suppose my plan for mercy will have to change. Instead of killing you, I'll spare you so you'll have no choice but to accept that you're a failure of a man, a father, and a husband. "
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!