Page 528 of 782 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538578628 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Not quite. Time isn’t 100% the same in each place. Time passing here will be slower than that which you experience in the other timelines.”
    Ishtar nodded. "I see, so perhaps there is a chance we go unnoticed."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That was the first time she had heard that title. The word ruination didn't leave much to the imagination. At worst, this Ishtar destroyed world after world indiscriminately, simply because she felt like it.

"So, she just blows up planets for the fun of it?"

If so, then she could see why that timeline was the worst and best saved for last.

Maybe I can talk her down. There has to be a least a little bit of the Ishtar that I love in there somewhere.
    Ishtar shook her head.

"It is far worse than that, I fear. If she is using Hakai, she is not simply destroying them. Perhaps the loss of Sekhmet struck her differently, or she decided to use what is innate to ... us, differently." And in saying it, Ishtar realized too that in many ways, this alternate Ishtar was little more than what Ishtar feared she would be.

“Perhaps.”

He points to the RoSaT.

“I was intending to start with a temporal power already present. That way I myself am not using my power directly. I can turn it into a portal to the alternate timeline closest to ours at the moment, spacially speaking.”
    "Will this alternate Jinzi know his Time Stones are being tampered with ?" Ishtar asks Zurvan, then.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

East Bay City

"How many floors are in this damn thing?" Sasheem asked the old man as they stepped through the revolving doors into the large tower. It was a huge corporate building in the middle of the bustling, East Bay City. Not quite as crowded as Capital City, but it was no slouch in the crowded streets and busy people department.

Sasheem and the old man had been dropped off at the front door thanks to the limosuine. The greeter at the front desk had stared at Sasheem in shock, unsure of what to do until the old man flashed him some sort of card and nodded slowly. The greeter quickly reached under the desk and handed Sasheem a card as well.

The Majin didn't even glance at the csrd, before tossing it to the floor, unconcerned with it. The old man sighed and picked it up, shrugging to the greeter before he lead Sasheem to the elevator. "Look, we're gonna go to the fifty-fifth floor. Highest in the building. That's where you'll meet my employer, Mr. Lofe. Now...keep in mind there are a few rules of etiquette when speaking to Mr. Lofe...first there's..."

"How about you keep in mind there are a few rules when speaking to Sasheem..." the Majin interrupted counting down on his fingers. "One: Don't piss him off. Two: Don't tell him what to do. Three: Don't mess with his food. Now you're wrinkly ass has already broken two, I'm not sure you wanna go for three," Sasheem warned him, pressing the button on the elevator labeled, '3rd Floor/Cafeteria'.

"You...you're going to eat?!" The old man asked, incredulous. "Mr. Loaf is a busy man, he doesn't have all the time in the world to meet with you!"

"Sounds kinda like that's your problem, doesn't it? Tell you what, if you think you can stop Sasheem...feel free to do so," Sasheem offered, opening his arms wide as the elevator finally stopped on the the third floor. The old man did nothing but grumble to himself. "That's about what Sasheem thought," the Majin nodded, exiting through the doors the old man dismissively following.

Momens later Sasheem and the old man entered through the elevator doors once more, Sasheem having a bit of trouble fitting through doors due to a large, full stomach. With a belch, he returned to his standard weight and marched on into the elevator. "See gramps? That didn't take too long at al!"

"You...cleared out the entire cafeteria..." the old man muttered in disbelief.

"Aw, quit your whining!" Sasheem sneered, happily patting his stomach. "Sasheem left everybody some cake, at least!" The old man simply looked at the floor as he reached out to press the button heading towards the fifty-fifth floor. Mr. Lofe's office.

The elevator stopped and rhen doors opened to reveal the most lavish hallway Sasheem had ever seen. As he and the old man stepped out of the elevator, he glanced at the walls, lined with portraits of who he could only assume was Mr. Lofe, shaking hands with other entrepeneurs, government officials, and other such important people Sasheem didn't care about or know.

Then there were the various exotic plants, lying in pots that seemed far too expensive to be filled with a bunch of dirt. There were statues, elaborate paintings, busts of what Sasheem assumed were members of this, Mr. Lofe's family...including one large bust that he assumed was of Mr. Lofe himself.

It all seemed...so very breakable. Sasheem had to resist the urge to simply tip one of the statues over. Better to save that for when this Mr. Lofe could see it...As they walked, they also passed by various rooms, Sasheem looking through the windows to assess their contents. An exercise room. A swimming pool. A table tennis room. A basketball court. An arcade. Sasheem supposed crime really did pay, otherwise this guy would've been caught already.

And while those rooms looked plenty fun, only one caused Sasheem to stand still in shock. A doorframe surrounded by four familiar paintings, each depicting a different snake. Each one giving a detailed rendition of the precise moment a snake could perform to capture it's prey. How they struck prey unawares. How they capture fleeing prey. How they break through seemingly impenetrable defence. How they weave through the strikes of those that fight back

These were near identical to those at the Snake Temple...but they couldn't be the same...those had been reduced to ash. Curious as to what lay beyond the door, Sasheem opened it, ignoring the complaints of the old man...he was greeted by a wave of nostalgia.

Before him was a indoor pond. Stone pillars with a minature water fall pouring down towards the pond below, filled with lily pads and reeds that jutted from it's shallow waters. It was a miniature version of the Snake Temple's meditative gardens...Sasheem's favorite spot to take a nap. But...how?

"I suppose you have many questions..." an unfamiliar voice spoke. Sasheem turned around to see a man with slicked back black hair and a pencil thin mustache and goatee. He sported an expensive looking business suit had an almost blinding amount of gold adorning his hands, from his watch, to the rings on his fingers, each one embedded with a different gem. "Well, I believe I can answer them...Majin Sasheem."

“They remain, though unable to be traveled to except by me personally or another true God. As to closing them....”

He holds up a six inch pulsing square of purple. It seems to be encribed with ancient markings.

“Throw that into the nexus, it will absorb and close the rift. Return it to me. I will then absorb the power from it. It will strengthen me, time itself will also strengthen, and then we repeat the process until all are closed.”
    "Sounds like that's our plans then," Blizzar sighed. "However long it takes to do this, a few days...or a few minutes, I'll be glad when this is overwith," the Arcosian sighed. "Such a headache, temporal anomalies. I don't suppose you would mind answering a few questions, Mister...er, Zurvan. The Galaxy Police regulations regarding time manipulation are perplexing enough, they could very well use some clarification from a reliable source," Blizzar asked, stretching his arms a bit.

The journey before them was not one he was looking forward to undertaking, but if it had to be done to stabilize time and space and they know it....then he supposed it'd be better off if he was present to provide assistance. Besides, the first hand experience might make for an easier time writing the paperwork. "Not now necessarily, but whenever you have the....time," he continued , a tad miffed at his unintentional jest.

Praxat thinks about this saying " six alternate time lines her that means there's six alternate versions of each of us." Qaztoh asks Zurvan a question saying " okay since there's six alternate timelines is one of those times a timeline where a empire called Yakkarato Dynasty on a planet called Konats was never destroy ?" " here in this time line from what a Galaxy police office name Stratovarius told me this kingdom along with the planet it was on was destroy 2,000 years ago."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-10-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Sounds like that's our plans then," Blizzar sighed. "However long it takes to do this, a few days...or a few minutes, I'll be glad when this is overwith," the Arcosian sighed. "Such a headache, temporal anomalies. I don't suppose you would mind answering a few questions, Mister...er, Zurvan. The Galaxy Police regulations regarding time manipulation are perplexing enough, they could very well use some clarification from a reliable source," Blizzar asked, stretching his arms a bit.

The journey before them was not one he was looking forward to undertaking, but if it had to be done to stabilize time and space and they know it....then he supposed it'd be better off if he was present to provide assistance. Besides, the first hand experience might make for an easier time writing the paperwork. "Not now necessarily, but whenever you have the....time," he continued , a tad miffed at his unintentional jest.
    Hearing Blizzar speak reminded Sarada about the investigation into the Arcosian, Blizz. Now wasn't a good time to inquire about how that investigation was going, but when they were done, she'd ask him. "Lieutenant," she spoke to him, "I'd like to inquire of the Blizz investigation when we have a free moment."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Hearing Blizzar speak reminded Sarada about the investigation into the Arcosian, Blizz. Now wasn't a good time to inquire about how that investigation was going, but when they were done, she'd ask him. "Lieutenant," she spoke to him, "I'd like to inquire of the Blizz investigation when we have a free moment."
    Dammit...now, of all times?! Truly, this entire visit to Earth has been a harrowing endeavor. That said, I suppose it wasn't avoidable forever...

"Yes, yes, of course," Blizzar nodded in a helpful tone. "I'll provide you with as much information as I possibly can."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Dammit...now, of all times?! Truly, this entire visit to Earth has been a harrowing endeavor. That said, I suppose it wasn't avoidable forever...

"Yes, yes, of course," Blizzar nodded in a helpful tone. "I'll provide you with as much information as I possibly can."
    Sarada nodded, satisfied with his response. "Good. I look forward to it. I suspect he was behind the attack that left me in a coma and very nearly cost me my life." Her hand balled into a tightly clenched fist. "When I get my hands on him, he's going to wish he had never hatched out of his ice cube."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Althena gets up and walks over to Sarada saying " yeah your species doesn't seem like all what the Tuffles describes 2,000 years ago." " during my time the Toadian Kingdom had alliance with the Tuffles. " " from what they told my people back then about Saiyans ." " it was that they were a bunch of savage smelly monkeys with pea size brains their words not mine."

" there most told my people were just bad stuff about your race hardly any of it was good." Althena speaks to her descendent Qaztoh saying" are our race still allied with the Tuffles ?" Qaztoh replies to this saying " that's a negative." my mother the previous Toadian Queen kind of pissed them off and they broke off the alliance with our kingdom."

Althena towers over the Saiyan at 7'6" and looks to be one of largest females there.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena gets up and walks over to Sarada saying " yeah your species doesn't seem like all what the Tuffles describes 2,000 years ago." " during my time the Toadian Kingdom had alliance with the Tuffles. " " from what they told my people back then about Saiyans ." " it was that they were a bunch of savage smelly monkeys with pea size brains their words not mine."

" there most told my people were just bad stuff about your race hardly any of it was good." Althena speaks to her descendent Qaztoh saying" are our race still allied with the Tuffles ?" Qaztoh replies to this saying " that's a negative." my mother the previous Toadian Queen kind of pissed them off and they broke off the alliance with our kingdom."

Althena towers over the Saiyan at 7'6" and looks to be one of largest females there.
    Sarada really didn't much give two shits what the Tuffles thought about anything anymore. And if it was 2,000 years ago, one would assume they'd be more grateful, since it was a Saiyan who saved them from Glacier's bondage.

"We've gotten better," she answered.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna jumped out of her chair and went to him, "Charco, are you alright?"
    "Yeah..." He said, although still unsure what just happened. Watching his hands clench and open a few times, he quickly hopped back onto his feet. "Huh, this must have been the special thing Zaofan made."

I'll be, he managed to make something like this.

"Well... I guess that I've eaten enough." He said, itching to test out this new surge of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Ishtar appraises the strange frog woman she'd never seen before, with something bordering on anger. It was enough that she'd just discovered that Zurvan was dying -- at the hands of an alternate version of Jinzi Pantaloon -- the last thing she, or really anyone else needed was a frog woman tossing slurs at Sarada. That the Monarch was handling it far better than she had any need to was a testament to her growth at the least and yet ...

Ishtar turned.

"I am going to ask the once. Take a step back."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Yeah..." He said, although still unsure what just happened. Watching his hands clench and open a few times, he quickly hopped back onto his feet. "Huh, this must have been the special thing Zaofan made."

I'll be, he managed to make something like this.

"Well... I guess that I've eaten enough." He said, itching to test out this new surge of energy.
    "Let's go out to the Plaza. Something is going on, I can hear the voices talking." Cyanna stood up, waited for Charco to do the same, then headed out to join the others.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sarada really didn't much give two shits what the Tuffles thought about anything anymore. And if it was 2,000 years ago, one would assume they'd be more grateful, since it was a Saiyan who saved them from Glacier's bondage.

"We've gotten better," she answered.
    Althena replies to this saying " I can see that and I have to compliment you on your looks you look great, and you handle your self very well." " any way it shouldn't matter since It was 2,000 years ago." " I been frozen for 2,000 years on a dead planet so I missed a lot of stuff that happen." " oh and your outfit is really nice who does your tailoring ?"

" my attire is primitive compare to yours." Althena answers Ishtar saying " relax I mean the Saiyan no ill will in fact I respect her the attuide she has and how the carries herself." Praxat makes a statement saying " so Althena how is your Guardian training with Eva going ?" Althena replies to this saying "it's going great Praxat."

" anyways I'm going to have to put your Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam training on hold Praxat those more important matters to deal with right now." Praxat replies to this saying " I understand sensei Althena ,but also why are you still wearing your 800 kilograms weighted training clothing?" " it kind of seems silly for you going around wearing weighted clothing all the time." Althena then says to Sarada " you know I would love to know more about your race and your culture. "

" this is actually my first time ever seeing a saiyan before and it is a honor to meet you." Althena then says to Praxat " Praxat now is not the time to be asking me that." if one were to pay close attention to the new attire that Praxat has been wearing since the invasion they would notice that there are two symbols on it on the front and one on the back. the first symbol is Khan's symbol and the second symbol the on the back is the symbol of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam .
    My Forum check it out

Gradually, Parsley made her way to the crowd that had assembled first around the alternate Zaofan, then some... massive blue horned being that she had never laid eyes on in her entire life. That they were conversing with him without alarm or worry must have meant he was an ally.

A particularly strange looking one, but an ally nonetheless.

Hm? Daughter? He's Ishtar's father?

It made sense, given the horns and color scheme. She would have to inquire of their relationship later. For now, she focused on what he had to say. And that was clarification on first, his role in the universe, and second, the situation at hand. He was the Supreme Kai of Time, whatever that was supposed to mean. Regardless, his was the responsibility to ensure the time stream remained unmolested. That the Doctor was able to do what he had been doing meant he failed in that regard.

Ultimately not due to any incompetence, but rather a loophole being exploited. The time stones were created by siphoning off ambient time energy left behind by Zurvan when he walked among mortals. That energy was used to shield the Doctor from his senses, leaving him as blind as they were.

Pantaloons is smarter than he gives himself credit for it this is what he can ultimately come up with.

The plan was simple. They were to go to each of the six stable universes and toss a runic device into the nexus of time energy that formed during their creation. That device would absorb the energy and close the nexus, thus preventing the Doctor from using plucking anyone from that particular timeline. Then, they were to return to this timeline and let Zurvan absorb the energy back into himself to strengthen not only himself, but also the time stream.

It sounded simply. Execution would be anything but. They were sure to be met with resistance if the Doctor was half as intelligent as she thought. Even if he wasn't and didn't have that level of foresight, there was no telling where these nexuses were or what kind of temperament their alternate selves who possess.

She would admit she was curious about her own alternate selves, but not so much so to let that distract her from what was important.

Sounds like we're leaving soon. Meaning she wouldn't have a chance to see Avoca. Not that such was possible anyway. Does she know I'm alive again?

Her beautiful face flashed through Parsley's mind, drawing a fond smile on her lips that lasted only for a moment. That can wait.

Parsley sifted through the crowd until she was standing beside Sarada. It seemed to be an altercation of some kind between Ishtar and the extremely tall Toadian woman she had seen flitting about. She had no idea who she was or why she was there, but it didn't really matter at this point.

"Do you understand what we must do?" she asked Sarada.

"Yeah. It'll be hard, but I'm ready." Sarada frowned slightly. "Just wish there was time to train."

Parsley shrugged. "We'll get real-time training in once we get started. There are bound to be plenty of people standing in our way."

Sarada looked at her and saw the small smile on her lips. She grinned, too. "Yeah!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sasheem walked into a a spacious looking office, following Lofe as he took a seat behind a large mahogany desk. Sasheem glanced over an array of business cards labeled, 'Niku Lofe'. Same named as the crime boss he worked for centuries ago. So this ******* really was his descendant? He certainly looked stupid enough.

Sasheem took a seat in one of the chairs in front of the desk. It was preatty comfortable. Leather...not too cushiony. Had a little button on the side. Sasheem pressed it, looking around in mild surprise as the seat began to incline backwards a bit. Not bad. Instead of putting his feet up on the foot rest lifting up before him, the Majin planted his feet atop the desk, water from Coral Canyon's lake, dripping from them and onto the desk.

The old man looked infuriated, about to say something before Lofe held out a hand. "No, no...it's alright. Quite alright...You know the legends, Ryes. This man...this monster...served my ancestors dutifully. Loyally...as long as they kept him fed, of course!" Lofe chuckled with a wheezing laugh, pointing at Sasheem.

"Oh, hahaha! Of course!" Sasheem laughed mockingly in response, pointing back at Lofe, who seemed entirely unaware of the Majin's ridicule.

"With you under the Lofe family wing...we were invincible. Nothing could stop us, save for that wizard," Lofe shook his head. "Terrible business. Not just for you but for us. We know he trapped you in that...that lavatory," he told Sasheem with as much empathy as he could muster. "With you indisposed, our empire crumbled. It took my family fifty damn years to rebuild what we'd lost."

"Fifty years...unfortunate," The Majin nodded somberly. "Sasheem is truly sorry to hear that. He didn't know seeing as he'd been stuck in a toilet for about three hundred."

"Yes, a great loss. Your gifts would've truly made a difference in the underworld," Lofe shook his head. "We had to lay low for a while. Build our empire from the ground up. Luckily...a great-great-great-something uncle of mine was a bit of an genius, if you will. Knew how to get a foothold in the electronics market. From there we were able to build a legitimate front to cover our more illicit dealings...In other words-,"

"Sasheem gets it!" Sasheem sighed, placing his hands behind his head and looking up at the ceiling. "You're criminal, geeze. You give everyone this stupid spiel when you try and recruit 'em?"

Lofe looked taken a back a bit. As if he no one has spoken to him this way in his life. Those that did often quickly found themselves in the trunk of a hovercar. His eyes briefly darted to the old man, Ryes, who had begun to smoke. Lofe took a deep breath and chuckled once again. "Okay, okay, I'll cut to the chase. My organization finds itself in crisis once more. Thanks to a few business deals gone awry, we have few allies and many enemies. And normally...that'd be fine we've faced insurmountable odds before. But, this time...our rivals have begun stocking up on muscle. And not just any gaggle of goons who know how to point a gun either. Tried and true assassins. I don't blame 'em either, all this...extra-terrestrial **** that's been goin' on."

Lofe stood up and began to walk towards Sasheem. "It began to remind me of the tales passed down from my forefathers of days long past...See, my family had a special relationship with the Snake School. One built on a sort of mutual respect. They provided us with assassins, we provided them with coin. They took down our rivals one by one, making sure the LOFES...were the only family worth doing business with! And now I say it's time to make a return to tradition. Whaddya say...will you join us?"

Sasheem began to laugh. It wasn't...quite the response Lofe was expecting. The crime boss began to look offended. "You're a dumbass! The Snake School didn't respect your family! Only reason we ever got in good with yours is 'cause the Lofes were the only family stupid enough to let us into their inner circle like that. Your family wasn't special, it was just another target. If the Snake School hadn't been taken down by Sasheem your family woulda just been another unremarkable footnote in history."