Page 530 of 782 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “There will need to be those that stay behind.” Zurvan says.

“I will be weaker and potentially vulnerable. If the Doctor sends someone else through with a CLOWT, Earth will need defenders.”

Jinzi nods.

“Adam and I will still be here. I wouldn’t mind a bit more support just in case. Especially since we’ll have Pike and Pyrus here.”

Jack, who has been sitting in the back, nods.

“I’ll stay.”

Zurvan looks to everyone else.

“It is your call. The RoSaT will take two, maybe three days to get ready to become a multi-layered temporal portal. You’ll have until then to decide and so as you will.”
    "I have an interest in this... sojourn through the tides of time," came a voice from the edge of the group. Nevanlinna. "It should be most interesting."

She was, in part, curious about the state of things on Reshlan in this alternate timeline. How did her mother fare? Her siblings? Herself? It would be most interesting to see how she could have turned out, under different circumstances.

"And, if you will have it, I believe Sir Luop would be well-suited for the task of shoring up this planet's defenses." Yes, some of the others could surpass his level of ability with techniques or transformations, but as far as his baseline went, the only one that was within a stone's throw was that Frost Demon, Blizzar. That, combined with the keen senses their race possessed, would perhaps allow him to react to dangers that would remain unseen by the others. And, in a small way, the irony of Luop, an invader just a short while ago, lending his skills to the defense of this planet, did tickle her funny bone.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan starts jogging in place, with his forearms raised and perfectly still at waist level but his hands flailing up and down. "Ohmykamiohmykamiohmykami! Is this really happening?!"
    Dash goes over to him, "Hey, calm down. You're actin' like this is your weddin'. How's 'bout you scrounge up something for a buffet?" she figures that should calm him down.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Jinzi taps his comms to get whomever isn’t at the Lookout there soon.

“If everyone can gather at the lookout, I would appreciate it. Held, bring the ring.”
    "Oh ****! This is happening now?!"

But... but she hadn't had the chance to take Meagan on the ceremonial pre-pairing hunting trip! How was Jinzi supposed to believe that Meagan could provide him with freshly slain meat on a nightly basis? HOW?!

Wait, no. No need to panic. Meagan was a pro had handling Jinzi's meat, so there was no reason to doubt she could handle the edible kind. Okay, okay. Hm, is what I'm wearing fine? What the **** do people wear at this "wedding" thing, anyway?

"Hey, what do people usually wear at this wedding thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Considering the high likely hood of fighting time-altered doppelgangers of ourself, I couldn't agree more. I fact...one might make this the optimum time to train with each other for just such an occasion." Etrina chuckled softly.....eyed the Saiyan Queen, then chuckled even louder. "For example....You need to learn how to be more observant.....you've had an Id bouncing around behind your back this entire time...."
    Sarada glanced at Etrina curiously. "..." Then what she said finally registered.

An id... behind me...

"Grrrr!!!! *******!" She whirled around and started to swiped at the air. "Stop hovering behind me like a pervert and show yourself!!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash goes over to him, "Hey, calm down. You're actin' like this is your weddin'. How's 'bout you scrounge up something for a buffet?" she figures that should calm him down.
    "I can't help it! I love weddings! Weddings are beautiful! And I'll act how I want for such a momentous event, thankyouverymuch."

Zaofan nonetheless maintains his frenetic pace. "But Mr. Pantaloon told us all to report here. I can't leave for the kitchen, by his order! If the bride and groom decided to give this more time, then sure, I'd deliver a buffet the world has never seen! But it seems that time is literally of the essence here, considering everything else going on."

Astonishing Member

As the door opened, the lights flickered on, and the shilloute of the Nevadian filled the room. Had it not been for the cobwebs and thing layer of dust that decorated the room, it would have been pristine. It was clear that no one had stepped foot in the room in some time, as well maintained as it might be.

Not that Held had any reason to spend much time in it, until now. He had rented the building years ago, when it became clear he might be stranded on this planet. He had bought it, shortly after the battle with Fife, foreseeing the earths trouble, and the fact that returning to his own world might be more time intensive then he would have required. It was built to his exacting specifications.

And yet, he almost never came home. He tended to spend most of his time at Capsule Corp, or The Lookout, or one of a million other places that seemed to pull him here and there. But, Capsule Corps was no more, and the Lookout held nothing for him right now.

What he needed right now, was solitude. To think. There were so many questions raised. For the one question he had answered, now a dozen had taken it's place.

Even during his sojourn to this, his home, he ruminated on his lot in life as it was, until his head began to ache.

He opened a door and peered inside. Bathroom.

He sighed, opening the door next to it.

A bed. Still freshly made, although covered with a thin layer of dust.

It didn't matter.

His bag fell to the side of the bed in unison with the Nevadian, who collapsed onto the bed with a weary plop.

What now? Or is there even anything....
    Last edited by Miburo; 12-11-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    There it is! The spike again!

Zaofan's senses light up at the familiar but more powerful presence entering the room. He turns around to find his old friend.

"Charco! You're up and about! And you have your natural color! But you feel -- different, somehow. You had the soup, didn't you?"
    Oh, it was Zaofan who definitely seemed just as excitable as always, although he wasn't sure what the chef meant with his comment of "natural color". Upon hearing that confirmation about the soup, he broke out in a grin.

"So that was your soup! Dude, that was something else."

“If everyone can gather at the lookout, I would appreciate it. Held, bring the ring.”
    Hearing Jinzi, Charco glanced over to the quickly forming gathering and quickly put two and two together, "Oh... I thought this was gonna be in a few days."

“The time stones are created when temporal energy pools in certain places. Most notably, the moments when alternate timelines are birthed. Every time, no pun intended, the timeline splits naturally there is a focal point created somewhere. A moment and place where temporal energy resonates. It is possible to tap into that and create time stones. But this is rare. At the moment there are only six stable and acceptable alternate timelines, so only six possible points he could draw temporal energy from to create these stones. However, there are two other ways. One, the longest way, is for a temporal mage like Etrina to start trying to pull small bits of magic into a stone and create on artificially. This process takes an incredibly long time and is not cost effective. The second way is...to use me. Specifically, go to places where I’ve appeared in the mortal plain. When I do so, concentrated temporal energy is diffused through the area. It fades quickly, within minutes, leaving no trace. However....if one had time stones already and used them to arrive moments after I left, you could infuse those stones or create new ones from that concentrated temporal energy. Every time I use my powers in the mortal plane is a moment that can be drawn upon. I expended a lot of power fighting Hammer and his pet Angel. I have little doubt the Doctor arrives shortly after Sheki’hinah took me back to Otherworld and harvested as much as he could. And every time he, who is not me, uses my power I growa bit more...weak. Every time he forcefully uses a stone to rip into another timeline, or create false ones, I grow weaker and so does the timestream. Luckily, for a mortal, you cannot abuse it too much. He can only use one stone at a time and must not use too many close to each their.”
    Asha'rah pinched her nose, rubbing in slow circles even as she smiled. What a giant headache, and yet she could not help but be impressed. It was hoped for creation to eventually surpass the creator. But the means of surpassing...well, that would often lie beyond the vision of the creator.

"Time travel is a dangerous drug. Through it, one may alter what is and what has been. One may undo the striving of countless trillions, and all their fruits and consequences. I respect you and the work you do, Zurvan. But we gods should have forged time so tight as to make altering it impossible, and your role obsolete. Of course mortals, ravaged by time, wish to be its masters. That we left this path open was our failure."

Astonishing Member

"Wait, what?" Held shot up from his bed, clearly taken by surprise, "You want it...Now?"

What the hell did I miss?

"I knew you said you were thinking about popping the question soon." Held began groggily, rubbing his eyes as he reached into his rucksack, fishing for a particular capsule, "But I thought you meant in a few---"

He shook his head. It didn't matter really, did it? The timing was a surprise, but it was not as though Held had any objection with his friends choice of wife, or anything else.

"...Well, I'm on my way." Held replied, nodding to himself as he confirmed that the capsule was present, "But...Does this have anything to do with why Zaofan blew up Capsule Corp?"

Don't tell me that was some elaborate plan to lead to a proposal, was it?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Wait, what?" Held shot up from his bed, clearly taken by surprise, "You want it...Now?"

What the hell did I miss?

"I knew you said you were thinking about popping the question soon." Held began groggily, rubbing his eyes as he reached into his rucksack, fishing for a particular capsule, "But I thought you meant in a few---"

He shook his head. It didn't matter really, did it? The timing was a surprise, but it was not as though Held had any objection with his friends choice of wife, or anything else.

"...Well, I'm on my way." Held replied, nodding to himself as he confirmed that the capsule was present, "But...Does this have anything to do with why Zaofan blew up Capsule Corp?"

Don't tell me that was some elaborate plan to lead to a proposal, was it?
    “Not directly, and that was a different Zaofan. Come on up, we have a lot to tell you and I need my best man here. And the ring.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah pinched her nose, rubbing in slow circles even as she smiled. What a giant headache, and yet she could not help but be impressed. It was hoped for creation to eventually surpass the creator. But the means of surpassing...well, that would often lie beyond the vision of the creator.

"Time travel is a dangerous drug. Through it, one may alter what is and what has been. One may undo the striving of countless trillions, and all their fruits and consequences. I respect you and the work you do, Zurvan. But we gods should have forged time so tight as to make altering it impossible, and your role obsolete. Of course mortals, ravaged by time, wish to be its masters. That we left this path open was our failure."

Zurvan nods.

“I don’t entirely disagree. Time as a constant would remove certain advantages though. The Angels would be bereft if some of their power, things like the RoSaT would ‘t Work, etc....”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

“Not directly, and that was a different Zaofan. Come on up, we have a lot to tell you and I need my best man here. And the ring.”
    A different Zaofan? I thought I was imagining things when I detected two of them, but....What the hell does that even mean?

"I know, I know, calm down, Jinzi. We've covered this before. " Held replied, marginally annoyed, "I have the ring right here. There's no need to rush, it's not like---"

Absently, almost belatedly, the Nevadian wondered why he would be so insistent on his presence. He had bothered to do some research with earthling marriage, and technically speaking, the best mans presence would not have been required until the actual ceremony itself. This was a fact that Held was certain that Jinzi was well aware of. The proposal was certainly important, but it was not exactly something that the whole of the lookout needed to be aware of.

Including Meagan, who no doubt would have heard Jinzi's instruction.

"....Oh." Held said, understanding dawning on him, "....You're getting married....As in...Now."

It wasn't until he actually spoke the words out loud, that the enormity of the situation was understood.

"Wait, ****, you're getting married now?!" Held exclaimed, bolting from his bed, as he flung open the closet door, knocking the days previous contemplation aside "Good grief, I thought you'd at least give me more time than this! I have to find something to wear! My gi is filthy!"

Held reached into the closet, pulling out two identical uniforms, placing them side by side. He threw one of them unceremoniously into the closet, "I haven't even gotten around to asking Zaofan if he could cater, never mind scouting the best location for the bachleor party. Is there even going to be one no---"

The Nevadian took a deep breath, clearing his thoughts.

"I'll be there in a minute, I'm going to take the worlds quickest shower."

Jeez, when did Jinzi start being the spur of the moment type?

East Bay City-Docks

Boss Brioche. Boss Ciabatta. Boss Roti. Boss Pita. Two men and two women. Each a dangerous

These four crime lords sat in silence, their limousine leading a massive parade of cars down the city streets like a funeral procession...which was in fact their cover. None of them appeared too happy. They didn't like being called to a meeting of such import on short notice. ...But this meeting was indeed important.

The ringleader among them all, Boss Lofe had gathered them all, telling them to bring with them their forces. Today. They were going to finally bring the fight to their many, many enemies. Now, with the entire planet in a state of confusion, was the perfect time to finally get thing's done. Boss Lofe had insisted that he found a 'new secret weapon' whatever that meant.

Whatever weapon he found the four crime bosses hoped it could deliver. They stuck with him this far, and while he had kept his promises to them and made them plenty of money, Lofe's flagrant double crossing of anyone he felt did him wrong put many knives to their throats for the loyalty. And here they were now, with their every enforcer, every footsoldier in their respective crews, prepping for war. This would be a defining moment for each of them.

Brioche glanced at her pocket watch, speaking first among the four who had been sitting in silent, brooding contemplation the entire ride. "Three minutes left until arrival."

"Hmph...always the punctual one..." Ciabatta grumbled, glancing through the window, he breathed a sigh of relief. The warehouse was in sight. He hated long car rides. Pita slept the entire way and Roti simply laughed. The other bosses hated how he seemed to find the humor in everything.

The four stepped out of their limo, the ware house before them. Behind them were all their troops, their made men, their hired guns. All who could fight at their disposal, ready to march to the biggest gang war of their lives. They saw, Lofe's right hand man, Ryes, waiting for them. The elderly monster knocked on the wear house door twice and they slid open.

The mobsters walked into the warehouse, their usual meeting spot with Lofe. This time all it's cargo had been cleared put to accommodate all of their combined forces...though oddly Loaf's seemed to be missing. The others didn't think too much of it. They may be already preparing their first assault.

The four bosses approached the table lying in the center of the warehouse, Lofe awaiting them at the head of it, his face covered by shadows. "Lofe!" Pita yawned squinting her eyes through the darkness. "Turn the lights on for goodness sake!"

As if on cue, the lights blinked on, revealing...Lofe's corpse, propped up at the head of the table. The four bosses reeled back in shock. "Lofe?!"

"Lofe's dead..." an unfamiliar voice echoed throughout the warehouse, as the doors closed behind them once the last of their now confused army had entered. To the shock of the four bosses, a blue, fishy, humanoid monster rose up from the floor. "Just like the rest of you in a few seconds."

The bosses and their goons barely had time to react before the deadly light show that rained down before them. As the Majin stated, all had perished within a few seconds...although some suffered an arguably worse fate, with a row of mobsters being morphed into sandwiches. All of the invited guests had been given an express trip to the afterlife...all except one. Boss Roti stood shivering in a corner, not finding any humor in the situation, whatsoever.

"Ah....Boss Roti, right?" Sasheem asked, picking up one of the sandwiches and chowing down on it. "Lofe new about you..."

"Wh-wha-wha-what do you mean?" Roti stuttered. "Look, I'll give you however much you want, just let me live!"

"Sasheem doesn't care about money...Lofe knew you were a rat for the Scone Family," Sasheem explained. "He was gonna have you killed, y'know..."

"But...but you didn't, is that it?" Roti muttered sitting up a bit, processing information quickly, though he still erred on the cautious side. "But you killed all of my hired guns. I don't understa-"

"It doesn't matter, what you do or do not understand!" Sasheem interrupted, grabbing Roti painfully by his hair. "You're gonna chauffeur Sasheem to the Scones' personally. Consider it repayment for him letting you live!" he snarled, tossing Roti to to the floor. "Now, c'mon...we'll be taking Lofe's limo."

So, this wedding thing is happening now.

Parsley still meant what she said when she resolved that this... announcement meant nothing to her, but she still couldn't help but be intrigued. She had been to a few pairing ceremonies in her time. Saiyans were spartan in many things, and something of this level of import was no different. The entire affair lasted on a few minutes, the majority of which was spent with the life-mates repeating an ancient creed meant to ensure they enjoyed fertility and happiness. The rest was the actual bonding ceremony. The two cut their palms open simultaneously and let their blood drip and coalesce into a bowl, after which they drank it. Originally, such a thing was thought to empower both life-mates, but nowadays, it was nothing more than a tradition.

If anything, it was more figurative of the bond they would then share for the rest of their lives.

She didn't know how human or Chromakai pairing ceremonies worked, so she supposed she'd pay attention and find out.

I should find them a gift.

Her first instinct was to find them meat (for Jinzi) and herbs (for Meagan), but she wanted something more... original. It was Saiyan custom to offer the two being paired food for their first meal as life-mates, but that was certainly about to be handled by Zaofan.

A brief perusal on what passed for Internet on this world showed that it was customary for the bride - she assumed was Meagan's role in this affair - held flowers while the ceremony commenced.

Alright, that was easy enough.

She quickly left the Lookout and flew down to the surface. Any forest should have had exactly what she was looking for. She assumed that the Chromakai wasn't picky when it came to flowers, especially since this entire thing was last minute and left them with literally no time to prepare. As such, whatever Parsley managed to find should have been good enough.

She found a forest quickly, and went about searching it carefully to find the best this area had to offer. She found a patch in a clearing and started to carefully cut and bundle them, tying them together with some paper she had on hand. She smiled and brought them to her nose. "Ah, they smell nice."

As she returned, she caught sight of a pair of deer. She killed them before they even knew she was there, then carried them and the flowers back to the Lookout.

For someone who doesn't care, I'm going through a lot of trouble for these people. Perhaps she cared a little. There was nothing that ruined a day like this more than apathy, even by someone who wasn't well acquainted. Maybe especially. Besides, it wasn't that much effort. It took her maybe fifteen minutes tops to find these flowers and kill these two deer. It wasn't like she went completely out of her way.

And it wasn't like Meagan was a complete stranger. Further, Sarada told her how Meagan offered condolences after finding out she died. It'd be a pretty dick move to then completely disregard her important day because she simply wasn't into things like this.

With those reason in mind, Parsley landed on the Lookout and tossed the deer at Zaofan's feet. "Meat."

She walked up to Meagan and presented the bouquet. "I read that it was customary for human women to hold flowers while getting paired with their mates. So, here."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“There will need to be those that stay behind.” Zurvan says.

“I will be weaker and potentially vulnerable. If the Doctor sends someone else through with a CLOWT, Earth will need defenders.”

Jinzi nods.

“Adam and I will still be here. I wouldn’t mind a bit more support just in case. Especially since we’ll have Pike and Pyrus here.”

Jack, who has been sitting in the back, nods.

“I’ll stay.”

Zurvan looks to everyone else.

“It is your call. The RoSaT will take two, maybe three days to get ready to become a multi-layered temporal portal. You’ll have until then to decide and so as you will.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Oh ****! This is happening now?!"

But... but she hadn't had the chance to take Meagan on the ceremonial pre-pairing hunting trip! How was Jinzi supposed to believe that Meagan could provide him with freshly slain meat on a nightly basis? HOW?!

Wait, no. No need to panic. Meagan was a pro had handling Jinzi's meat, so there was no reason to doubt she could handle the edible kind. Okay, okay. Hm, is what I'm wearing fine? What the **** do people wear at this "wedding" thing, anyway?

"Hey, what do people usually wear at this wedding thing?"

Sarada glanced at Etrina curiously. "..." Then what she said finally registered.

An id... behind me...

"Grrrr!!!! *******!" She whirled around and started to swiped at the air. "Stop hovering behind me like a pervert and show yourself!!"

Althena replies to this saying " Praxat looks like they will still time to train you after all." Praxat replies to this saying " you know I have question to ask you Sensei ." Althena replies to his saying " oh and what's that?" Praxat replies to this saying " why did you take off your weighted clothing?"

Althena replies to this saying" because it had stains on it." " this weighted training gear in my right hand was giving to me by your ancestor Melaina Luue the one who thought me how to fight." " it hold's sentimental value to me and wearing it stain would be dishonor to the memory of Master Melaena!"

Althena answers Sarada question saying " well back before I was frozen on Qacriea Toadians used to have stuff similar to this wedding thing." " basically it was custom where the male would offer a gift to the betrothed. " " then they would be this huge banquet where the female guest would be wearing clothing decorated with leaves. the groom and male guests are shirtless with their upper body being decorate with leaves. the bride on the other hand would be wearing a crown my of twigs on her head and would be wearing a dress that is decorated with leaves.

" the bride and Groom would say each other's vows and the Groom would give them bride a planet called a Oily that looks like what is called a Lily on this planet to seal the deal." after that is done the bride and groom would then put their tongues together to form a heart shape silhouette ." " finally the female guest would cover the Groom and bride in leaves and moss. " Praxat replies to this saying " I'm not sure Earth marriages are anything like that?"
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-11-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena replies to this saying " Praxat looks like they will still time to train you after all." Praxat replies to this saying " you know I have question to ask you Sensei ." Althena replies to his saying " oh and what's that?" Praxat replies to this saying " why did you take off your weighted clothing?"

Althena replies to this saying" because it had stains on it." " this weighted training gear in my right hand was giving to me by your ancestor Melaina Luue the one who thought me how to fight." " it hold's sentimental value to me and wearing it stain would be dishonor to the memory of Master Melaena!"

Althena answers Sarada question saying " well back before I was frozen on Qacriea Toadians used to have stuff similar to this wedding thing." " basically it was custom where the male would offer a gift to the betrothed. " " then they would be this huge banquet where the female guest would be wearing clothing decorated with leaves. the groom and male guests are shirtless with their upper body being decorate with leaves. the bride on the other hand would be wearing a crown my of twigs on her head and would be wearing a dress that is decorated with leaves.

" the bride and Groom would say each other's vows and the Groom would give them bride a planet called a Oily that looks like what is called a Lily on this planet to seal the deal." after that is done the bride and groom would then put their tongues together to form a heart shape silhouette ." " finally the female guest would cover the Groom and bride in leaves and moss. " Praxat replies to this saying " I'm not sure Earth marriages are anything like that?"
    "I see. Somehow I don't think that'd be too... ah, acceptable these days." She was pretty sure neither Jinzi nor Meagan wanted her to be standing around wearing leave and moss and ****. "I guess what I have on it fine. If not, I got that covered."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!