Page 212 of 782 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sarada and Ishtar are immediately lost. The swirling grey mists making them lose track of everything. Sound, sight, everything seemed....distorted, wrong, inside.
    Parsley stood just in front of the door Ishtar and her sister foolishly barged through. From the looks of it, they were nowhere to be seen through the gray mist that was permeating the entire area. She shook her head, then set her gaze on the mist in front of her. Using Observational Focus, she sought to glean any insight about the mist and what it could have been hiding that her sight and hearing would have missed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jinzi sits up, a dazed looking on his face.

“Gods, I feel like I got hit by a truck. The hell bappaened?”

———

Nunlil ignores Ishtar’s question as she darts into the swirling grey mist emanating from the RoSaT, blast in hand. Grunting can be heard and, after a moment, the Oni is sent flying backwards again, this time on her feet carving trenches into the ground. She stops, arms having blocked a massive blow that sent her skidding outwards.

“Ahh, Ishtar. Good. Perhaps.....”

A grey mist tentacle arm lashes out, grabs Nunlil, and bodily rips her back into the mysterious room.

———

Ochazuke, your unique senses register Ereshkigal inside and Nunlil just getting dragged back in, along with another presence. One of a weird, twisted, nature. Not evil, but unstable or highly confused.
    Standing before the edge of the room, its mist-shrouded boundaries no longer contained behind the ancient doors of the Lookout, Ochazuke had no answers for Jinzi even as the broadened length of his sense-awareness stretched before him into the endless void.

Nunlil...Meagan...Sarada...Ishtar..., he recounted mentally as the whispers of living presence wicked against his meditation field, Ereshkigal, the little one...

A sharp gasp escaped him as he felt another presence. It materialized itself before Nunlil and retracted back into the chamber.

No, not merely within the chamber... The wild swirl shrank and expanded. Much like the other five, it was very much alive. Could it be...?

"Ronin!" he called out to the Guardian Apprentice, "What's going on in there? What have they wandered into?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley stood just in front of the door Ishtar and her sister foolishly barged through. From the looks of it, they were nowhere to be seen through the gray mist that was permeating the entire area. She shook her head, then set her gaze on the mist in front of her. Using Observational Focus, she sought to glean any insight about the mist and what it could have been hiding that her sight and hearing would have missed.
    It seems he was not alone in stopping short of passing beyond the veil, reaching inside the chamber to attempt comprehension of what lay within. Where the breadth of his ki mingled with this other, he hadn't even needed to so much as turn his head, for he knew who it was already.

So it seems you've developed some sense to inquire before leaping to assert your might, he thought.

Wordlessly, he raised his hands and cast before him a Flash Cutter, set forth the illuminate globe forward as it was slowly swallowed by the mist of the chamber. The strobing flash may yet pierce the heavy air of the room, but more importantly it was a small beacon that bore his ki signature from the entrance from one plane where it converged upon the next.

"Focus," he offered curtly, "upon where one living presence stands, and how relates to the other."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Standing before the edge of the room, its mist-shrouded boundaries no longer contained behind the ancient doors of the Lookout, Ochazuke had no answers for Jinzi even as the broadened length of his sense-awareness stretched before him into the endless void.

Nunlil...Meagan...Sarada...Ishtar..., he recounted mentally as the whispers of living presence wicked against his meditation field, Ereshkigal, the little one...

A sharp gasp escaped him as he felt another presence. It materialized itself before Nunlil and retracted back into the chamber.

No, not merely within the chamber... The wild swirl shrank and expanded. Much like the other five, it was very much alive. Could it be...?

"Ronin!" he called out to the Guardian Apprentice, "What's going on in there? What have they wandered into?"

It seems he was not alone in stopping short of passing beyond the veil, reaching inside the chamber to attempt comprehension of what lay within. Where the breadth of his ki mingled with this other, he hadn't even needed to so much as turn his head, for he knew who it was already.

So it seems you've developed some sense to inquire before leaping to assert your might, he thought.

Wordlessly, he raised his hands and cast before him a Flash Cutter, set forth the illuminate globe forward as it was slowly swallowed by the mist of the chamber. The strobing flash may yet pierce the heavy air of the room, but more importantly it was a small beacon that bore his ki signature from the entrance from one plane where it converged upon the next.

"Focus," he offered curtly, "upon where one living presence stands, and how relates to the other."
    Meagan, also standing at the edge of the room and looking inside, watches as Ochazuke sends in some energy. "Rushing in without knowing what is in side is pretty reckless. Then again, if it were my child in there, I'd absolutely do the same, and i will as soon as we know what we are up against." She then opens her Third Eye again, and uses it to scan the room. It should pick up all types of energy signatures, from that Meagan should be able to put together a clear image of what is going on in there.

OOC: I PM'd him to clear this up, Cleric said that Meagan didn't go into the room, that she is still just outside.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-17-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    On her way to the hole in the wall, Dash walks up to Jinzi, "Mr. Pantaloon, are you alright?"
    Jinzi sits up, a dazed looking on his face.

“Gods, I feel like I got hit by a truck. The hell happened?”
    "Not a truck, you got hit by a flying, giant lady who kinda looks like Sarada's girlfriend only bigger." Dash then held out her hand, "Why don't I get you standing upright before we figure out what the blazes is going on."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Not a truck, you got hit by a flying, giant lady who kinda looks like Sarada's girlfriend only bigger." Dash then held out her hand, "Why don't I get you standing upright before we figure out what the blazes is going on."
    Jinzi nods and let’s Dah help him up.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Ronin moves forward, eyes closed and frowning.

“Not sure. It was empty when they went in. I know it was. It was empty when I checked in on them recently. There was only Nunlil and Ereshkigal inside. But now........something else is. Something....confused. Dangerous.”

Those with extra senses detect the self same energy signal, alongside those inside.

After amoment, Ereshkigal’s older voice echoes in Meagan, Kai, Ochazuke, and Parsley’s heads.

’We are lost inside. The mists hide and shroud our energies from within alongside sight and sound, you must stay out and figure a way to break through the mists or dispel them. Nunlil and I are currently battling whatever is controlling the mists and Sarada and Ishtar are wandering. Quickly, before the endless expanse inside loses us all.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Not sure. It was empty when they went in. I know it was. It was empty when I checked in on them recently. There was only Nunlil and Ereshkigal inside. But now........something else is. Something....confused. Dangerous.”

Those with extra senses detect the self same energy signal, alongside those inside.

After amoment, Ereshkigal’s older voice echoes in Meagan, Kai, Ochazuke, and Parsley’s heads.

’We are lost inside. The mists hide and shroud our energies from within alongside sight and sound, you must stay out and figure a way to break through the mists or dispel them. Nunlil and I are currently battling whatever is controlling the mists and Sarada and Ishtar are wandering. Quickly, before the endless expanse inside loses us all.’
    Closing her Third Eye [using it too often can be tiring for a novice], Meagan turned to the others, "I had thought that this room was sealed, that there was no way for something to get inside unless it was brought in with them. Could the child have brought this thing in there with her? It doesn't seem like anything mortal."

Thinking back on what Kai had said earlier....

Oh no, I did. I went in and spoke to Ereshkigal. She kindly spoke back, in an unimpressed voice that was not her own, that there was something wrong with the Room and that a novice Guardian like me would get torn apart or go mad before I could fix it. She’s apparently fixing it before anyone if you go inside. Apparently the...time...flux.....is not working.
    "Kai, could this mist have anything to do with Ereshkigal's warning to you to stay out?"
    Last edited by Tami; 08-17-2018 at 01:35 PM.

The voice was disorienting, but Parsley didn't let her discomfort show. Her brow furrowed in thought. Why must you rush on without thinking, she chastised Sarada. Their natural lust for combat was going to be the death of them one day. If she had anything to do about it, today wouldn't be that day for her sister.

"Something inside controlling the mists," she muttered. "Whoever's voice that was is battling them, so let's leave that to her and the other thing."

If something was controlling the mist, then it wasn't natural. Meaning a simple fan or wasn't going to work.

Hm.

What to do, what to do?

As a test, Parsley fired a ki blast into the mist to see what it would do.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The voice was disorienting, but Parsley didn't let her discomfort show. Her brow furrowed in thought. Why must you rush on without thinking, she chastised Sarada. Their natural lust for combat was going to be the death of them one day. If she had anything to do about it, today wouldn't be that day for her sister.

"Something inside controlling the mists," she muttered. "Whoever's voice that was is battling them, so let's leave that to her and the other thing."

If something was controlling the mist, then it wasn't natural. Meaning a simple fan or wasn't going to work.

Hm.

What to do, what to do?

As a test, Parsley fired a ki blast into the mist to see what it would do.
    "Hmm..." Sasheem stopped in his tacks, preventing himself from exploring any further and seeing what the ruckus is about. He was still somewhat wary about getting stuck in anyplace mystical.

"Firing indiscriminately....seems like a plan to Sasheem," the Majin noted with a smirk, yelling, "SAMEHADA!" The blade if ki blasted forth from the ground and shot into the mist, though it was not quite as indiscriminate as Sasheem implied as he was controlling it's trajectory for as long as he could, hoping it would eventually hit whatever was causing this mysterious mist.

Both blasts cut into the mists, slow down, then bounce back at their casters.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well this was ...

"Disorienting."

Lost inside the swirling mist of grey fumes that concealed Ereshkigal, Nunlil, and Sarada- along with the tentacle ... thing- Ishtar did what she could to locate her cousin, and Sarad both through their bonds (the Aka Manah for Sarada, and the Soul Tether for Nunlil), all the while probing the wrongness of the mist telepathically for trace, or thought of their assailant.

What are you ...
    Sensing something briefly as the Grey mist continues its eerie obfuscation, Ishtar reaches out and attempts to bridge contact.

'Is there intelligence behind this mist ? If so, I am Ishtar, and mean you no harm, in this moment of meeting. I simply wish to know why you have come here.'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sensing something briefly as the Grey mist continues its eerie obfuscation, Ishtar reaches out and attempts to bridge contact.

'Is there intelligence behind this mist ? If so, I am Ishtar, and mean you no harm, in this moment of meeting. I simply wish to know why you have come here.'
    She gets back confusion. Confusion, anger, and fear.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Kai pauses and nods.

“Possibly. Perhaps Ereshkigal knew something would happen and that is why she told me to stay out of there.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Hm, interesting." Parsley's blast cut into the mist just fine at first, then slowed and eventually reflected back to her. Her held her right hand out, then reflected her own blast back into room at such an angle that would allow it to explode harmlessly on the ground.

"Perhaps something less destructive and less tangible than a blast would work." Unfortunately, she had nothing in her arsenal that would fit that description. Meaning she needed to depend on these three to help her free her sister from this room.

Feh.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Katchin Mode,"

Sasheem let his blast hit him directly, pushing him backwards ever so slightly. Afterwards, he deactivated Katchin Mode and turned to the others. "We fire in there, and the blasts get reflected back. We go in there, and we get lost in some an mist. Any bright ideas?"