Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
Ishtar agreed, with only one caveat: that Sarada not hold back. She was too use her full strength against Ishtar. Sarada had some reservations about that. While she was more than willing to go all-out, she was afraid that Ishtar would be unable to handle the combination of half her Oozaru power -- which was what she found she could use while in Hitozaru form -- plus Anaxam. When she thought about it and did the math in her head, she estimated that her power level would be around 112K; much, much more powerful than anyone they had face. It was damn near as strong as Kenbo. More than powerful enough to kill Ishtar with a single blow.

She was hesitant to accept that condition, yet, she knew that it was for both their good if she did. Regardless of the outcome, she promised to help her love reach the lofty, heavenly heights she needed to in order to be able to accept her role as God of Destruction. She never broke a promise when she could help it, and this was no different. If that meant nearly killing her, then so be it.

"Fine," she answered with a single nod. "I'll be nearly as powerful as Kenbo if I don't hold back. Actually, I'll probably be stronger by the time our spar happens."
Ishtar nodded weakly, at the response.

Nearly as strong as Kenbo. The machine who, with two fluid actions had first paralyzed all those who stood within its eye-line; and had severed the arm her kin ... her better. For Sarada to be that strong, stronger even that had been assumed, the final nail in the coffin that was Ishtar's former understanding of life, the universe, and her place in it was hammered in.

And in thinking on it a moment, as much as it pained the golden-eyed Oni to do so ... she realized in a way that perhaps that was for the best.

After all ... one could only wonder at the true reason for the demise of her other self. What had been glimpsed was as vague as the potent offered by Eresh only moments before. Yet for one reason or another, this seemed a possible contributing factor. That this series of events, besides- being abducted, and coming across two vastly more powerful entities- had happened in that other when, seemed unlikely as well. So, it seemed plausible that her other self had continued on without realizing just how weak she was, as painfully as she needed to; and as a result such leading to not taking the required steps to rectify it: leading to the death that had been spoken of by the alternate Jinzi Pantaloon.

Sure, such was merely speculation in the end ... and yet it made sense.

Even acknowledging that the alternate timeline version of herself was lacking in the Sij, the ... Hakai; it was just as like that she had grown complacent. As many years as she had spent in isolation, and with her inability to gauge anything more than the energy resisting within another- and not the level of it beyond its feel- it was no surprise then, that she had fallen ... and yet Sarada had died along with her. Yet with this agreement to terms- to not hold back despite being so much terribly, painfully stronger- it was a reality that would not come to pass, for either of them.

Or at the least, Ishtar hoped not.

"It does not matter how powerful you are, when we spar. It only matters that we spar, and train; and continue to do so until I am strong enough, yes ?" The golden-eyed Oni finally stated; her intention as clear as the emotions behind them.

"I would rather you beat me most of the way to death, so that I can grow as strong as I need to be ... than suffer to pass the future where we die."