Page 295 of 782 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    And does so, fingers flying as he steps back in pain, fingers growing back in a few moments.
    Freed, Ishtar hovers even as Hammer reels, the Katchin returning to its function as a makeshift cast. "Tell me why the sealed you, GoD." The Oni called out then, as she shot forward, "I would know of your failure."

To drive home this point, the golden-eyed Oni aimed her next strike at Hammer's jaw.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

OT: We’ll say she went back, heard everything about what happened to this world, and came back with Wilhelm, Ishtar, Ochazuke, Held, and Etrina to the Cairn, where she is now doing as you just posted. Simplest.

IC:

Something old reaches back, and a thin voice responds.

Asha’rah.....’
    Asha'rah knew not what had afflicted the world. Knew not what illness persisted in the deep earth. Magics had never been her forte. Just as she had created hakai, another God of Creation had conceived magic. At first, it had come off too much as just another way to race for power, for mortals to attain personal godhood through exponential martial growth. With experience, she had come around somewhat to the idea, even if she was not a fan of the flux and arbitrariness of some of the decisions that went into its design.

Creation was a collaborative process, after all.

I am here.

OT: Time Post for story!

IC:

Wilhelm frowns slightly at this.

“Not your....fight. Couldn’t...be. Far too.....old.”
    "In the relatively recent past, all things considered." Asha'rah said, smiling gently.

"In spirit, gods are only as old as they feel."

Some grew even wearier than Wilhelm, Zurvan being the prime example. Zeno, on the other hand, seemed determined to make-believe that he was nothing but an idiotic child.

"The aftereffects of the War in the Heavens were not meant to be left to fester this long. Whoever won should have been in position to pick up the pieces. This service is long overdue."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "A universe without balance ..." Ishtar muttered as she listened to Wilhelm's recounting. That they had survived so long was laudable however, against a Super Saiyan, Icejin, Threshling, and the remnants of the ... First Race ? Ishtar knew not who this was, and yet it seemed to resonate.

Still.

There was a question that seemed pertinent. Even as Wilhelm explained his duty, and what he had done for two hundred long years, and as Ishtar stared down at the girl in her indestructible tube she asked the old solider a simple question.

"What happened to the God of Destruction, here ?"
    Ishtar seemed to have grasped firsthand now the problem Asha'rah foresaw all those millenia ago.

"I created the Kami system as a stopgap measure. But without reworking what was cast in the Founding, a race for martial might in the inevitable result in the mortal realm. Terra actually fared better than most, thanks to its pursuit of the technological path. Even then..."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "In the relatively recent past, all things considered." Asha'rah said, smiling gently.

"In spirit, gods are only as old as they feel."

Some grew even wearier than Wilhelm, Zurvan being the prime example. Zeno, on the other hand, seemed determined to make-believe that he was nothing but an idiotic child.

"The aftereffects of the War in the Heavens were not meant to be left to fester this long. Whoever won should have been in position to pick up the pieces. This service is long overdue."
    Wilhelm nods.

“Consequences....hard to see......sometimes. I....know. Only thing left, keep going.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan yells an order, "Go to the Princess and stay with her, don't let anything get near her."

With that, the two vanish back tot he room where the Princess was sleeping.

Praxat is outside in her mech near the Princess room standing guard saying " Dash ,Cyanna how is everything on your all's end?" " me I busying help the others with a fight." " right now I doing a using a long range scenario I put in the mech." " okay I know combat expert but how hard can it be to come up with combat scenario."

a small hole opens up in the hatch of the mech Praxat is in. suddenly a long fleshy slimy sponging thing springs out like a bungee cord and reaches far enough to continuously smack Hammer in the face. this thing that is smack Hammer in the face is Praxat's Tongue.

back in U15 another princess is having problems of her own. Qaztoh gets video message from a member of the Galaxy Police telling her not to come to earth." Qaztoh gold skin turns red hearing this saying " F#$K off Pig don't tell me what to do." " you know who I'm I a F@@#$king royalty."

" I don't have to F#$#King listen to you." " no please get the F#$#K out of my way I want go to earth ." " they have food there I want to F@#King try !" " huh what do you mean it's for my protection?"

" I didn't ask for any F@$#king protection." " why can't you people be cool like those space pirates I was hanging out ?" " they would never getting in my way of doing something, but no." " not you F#@!kers ."

" you just have to get in my F@#King way and tell me it's for my own protection ." " that is not safe for me on earth." " well I don't F@$%king care." " all I care about is that you damn assholes are getting in my way of having a great F#@#$%king great time. "

the Toadian Princess Qaztoh's outburst goes on for quite awhile with her cussing up a storm at the Galaxy police.

OT: all this takes place in the present time.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-22-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oh...." Etrina turned away from her examination to eye the produced machine. "....Wasn't aware you had that, impressive. Very well....give me a word when preparations are complete. I need a bit more time with this cairn stone just in case." Etrina snapped her finger and the White Etrina floated down next to Ochazuke. "Give the man a hand in the meantime would you."
    With a rising trill the energy of the machine pronounced itself, lashing out into the environs in cold plasma streaks. The blue-white tendrils on the surface coalesced and bound themselves into a lengthy tether tracing a path to Ochazuke's outstretched arm. He raised the edge of his right hand before him.

The Junjo could afford to fire indiscriminately and sort out the goods from the bodies in the bombardment of their operation.

"There is a whisper of the Black Fire of Hakai in our foe, but it is fleeting," he said. "I'm going to sever him from it."

In this case, it was a fortunate luxury that Hammer made himself a large target. He turned to the White Channel Focus nearby and continued. "To do that, we will need to gather the energy and narrow its effect from the spread of a city, to a concentrated area of-" he paused to make his mark, "-about twenty feet."

A button which had been intermittently strobing red soon held its light. The Stunner was now armed.

"Press that button to release the energy. Gather it towards me, and we will feed him destruction from the inside out."

OOC: Neural Stunner fires in the next post
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-22-2018 at 11:35 PM.

And does so, fingers flying as he steps back in pain, fingers growing back in a few moments.
    From the nearby Pillar he had been kicked into Jack snarl's "52 Pickup!.

Jack fans out both hands, revealing five large knives in each. His arms blur as he begins to toss that at Hammer. 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50. Following that he spreads his arms out, and two large meat cleavers appear in each hand.

Freed, Ishtar hovers even as Hammer reels, the Katchin returning to its function as a makeshift cast. "Tell me why the sealed you, GoD." The Oni called out then, as she shot forward, "I would know of your failure."

To drive home this point, the golden-eyed Oni aimed her next strike at Hammer's jaw.
    Jack charges forward, leaping over Ishtar, and bringing both cleavers down, aiming for the top of the giant namekian's skull.

“Old words. Legend. Myth. No one knew. There are no gods here, Ishtar. No Kami, no guardians, no Kai’s. Terra has sat alone for as long as we know. If one existed, they never set foot here. Or maybe they did, and that’s why so many attacked and destroyed. Heh, enough destruction for a god.”
    Ishtar nodded.

"I see."

It was a thing worth following up in the future however, given the implications that it spoke of. Unknown Tech, and Power, and Magic ... certainly a threat of some note. Whether or not they were in their Universe however was a thing of some debate. The Oni herself had little knowledge of those who existed outside of Otherworld at the beginning of her Universe; yet there was at least one she knew who might:

Asha'rah.

"There is at least one, now." Ishtar muttered softly.
    Ishtar had been listening with rapt attention herself, her golden eyes betraying a depth of experience and clarity no one else in the room could match. If there were a need for a God of Truth, such a role may well have suited the oni more so than her fated path.

Asha’rah offered her friend a knowing smile.

“One and a half.”

Praxat’s tongue keeps smack Hammer. each time it does those a loud booming crack sound before the impact. Like the sound you hear from bullwhip crackinh the air expect this hits with more force. Praxat herself is nowhere to be seen.

As the only thing that can be see is he tongue . a outrageously long tongue that would make one wonder. How in the hell does she fit that thing in her mouth? Praxat use one of her mech's weapon but instead attack hammer with it she attacks her own tongue with it and sets it a blaze.

Turn her tongue into basically a flaming whip. Praxat now flaming tongue smacks Hammer in the head.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

You think the Wolf’s Prowl might work. It enhances your current speed, so at your reduced rate without powering up, you would move faster that anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ok.....Hold on......" Erosa activated her Hunter/Killer Aura, anyone with a direct line of sight with her would see her form shift and become transparent accompanied by a low intensity headache that came from their brains attempting to process the skewed optical information. Sarada, who was holding onto her at the time, felt the ids body heat up at close range before she was hit with the sudden G force of her leaping forward...leaving the group behind as the two raced towards the battle as fast as Erosa could carry them.
    "Erosa...!" But it's clearly too late as Zaofan grits his teeth. That feeling of uselessness is what nearly did him in back at Turtle Island. Well, not anymore! He reassess his capabilities, what he can actually do to help if he does get there. Ki would only invite more danger. His trusty staff had been less than effective against the creatures. "Okay. I'm going to head back to the bunker and get more weapons. Then I'll use the Wolf's Prowl to catch up to Erosa and Sarada to help Ishtar and the others."

And with that, he takes off at best possible speed, super-jumping all the way, until he arrives at the bunker. Heading to the armory, he picks up a few rifles that were used against those flying drones -- hopefully they'll help Ishtar, Ochazuke, and the rest. He gets ready to capsule them when...

Almost as if summoned, the ground shook slightly near the bunker, as if something was burrowing underground towards them.
    The tremors cause Zaofan to lose his footing momentarily, though he recovers in time to prevent a fall. "What in the world...?" He can hear noise in the other room. He can hear yelling and struggle. Moreso, he can feel several powerful ki signatures thrashing about the place. He puts a couple rifles over his shoulders thanks to their straps, grabs another two rifles (one in each hand) and rushes through to try to find his friends. As he busts through a door, he sees...

Mechanical tendrils erupt from the ground and wrap around Paraley’s throat and waist, while more wrap around Sasheem, Cyanna, and move to get Meagan.
    "What the hell?!"

He watches Sasheem activate katchin mode, as well as Cyanna and Dash disappear on Meagan's order. He sees Parsley attempting to pull a tendril out. But its attacks are also widening the holes in the ground.

The argument that Erosa and Sarada had earlier involved the use of ki, since it would alarm the undead. Should they use ki to travel faster, since without it, their ETA to help Ishtar and the others be too large a gap to cross? Should they risk their safety to aid their friends?

Standing by the door and watching his friends fight, Zaofan comes to a terrible realization. "Guys! Those ... tentacles... or whatever! The way they're digging around, they're piercing the bunker's protections from the undead! They've breached the shell and exposed us to the dirt! Using our powers might bring more undead *into* the bunker!"

Snapping to and bringing the rifles to bear, he fires a wide assault of energy beams at various tendrils, hoping that they'll do some damage.

"That's right. A good chef always comes packing heat!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-23-2018 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    No sooner had she spoken, tendrils erupted from the ground like malevolent fauna and wrapped her throat and waist. She choked out a cry and started struggling against that which bound her.

Damn it. If only I had a knife so I can cut myself free.

She grabbed the tendril around her throat and pulled with all her strength in a desperate attempt to break it so she could breath.
    The tendril remains strong, choking her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan leaps back, summoning a 'Force' energy Kienzan as she did and launching it at the tendrils. The spinning disc took each one while avoiding those ensnared.
    The one choking Parsley and grabbing at Sasheemis missed, but Cyanna and Meagan are spared as it cuts the tendril down.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem activated Katchin mode, attempting to use his strength to grab onto one of them and draw whatever they were attached to out of the ground.
    Sasheem instead finds him being drawn downwards into the ground.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

‘Temporary setback, not failure, child. I wanted as Asha’rah had, the power of both. But instead of killing Shima, I sought a....different path to Creational energy. A certain person did not like that, so I was killed and sealed here before I could regenerate.’

The blow misses his jaw as his giant hand grips her instead, and Ishtar can feel her ribs creak as he starts crushing her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM