Page 217 of 782 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke walked towards the Apprentice Guardian, greeting him with a solemn nod.

"I trust our...visitor is well taken care of. There is some small victory to be had then, with less than a day remaining."
    Kai nods, his eyes glowing.

“Eva just contacted me. She and Jack can be here soon, so there is that. Small comfort. I contacted Slak, but he is still in transit. He may make it here in time. Midori and Shiro......I have not heard from them in some time. Their father called them home for an emergency, and since they’ve been off the radar. Totoma should also be here soon.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Shek’hinah. My name is Shek’hinah.”
    Ishtar nodded slowly, as she turned the ancient name over in her mind. The language was certainly familiar, the forgotten syllables reminiscent of many of those progenitor languages ... and yet the dialect itself was unknown.

How passing strange.

"Shek'hinah. I see. Sister to Asha'rah, and companion to Ereshkigal." The golden-eyed Oni muttered softly.

"What a web has been woven, since Evangeline tugged on Fate itself."

She shakes her head.

“No. The Priestess accompanying him has sped up his ship, much as I did for ours on our journey here from Chroma. She only just did it. Without that you would have had two weeks. Now.....conciserabky less. Interesting, she seems to....ahh, I see.”

Eresh frowns and her eyes glow.

“She is clever. She has been scrying on us. That is how she knew to speed the ship up. I have stopped that from here in in. She is quite the accomplished magician it seems.”
    Ishtar nodded.

"An obstacle for Etrina, myself, and Nevanlinna ... should the latter choose to assist, to overcome. A useful tidbit, at the very least. Thank you Shek'hinah."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Kai nods, his eyes glowing.

“Eva just contacted me. She and Jack can be here soon, so there is that. Small comfort. I contacted Slak, but he is still in transit. He may make it here in time. Midori and Shiro......I have not heard from them in some time. Their father called them home for an emergency, and since they’ve been off the radar. Totoma should also be here soon.”
    "Heh, it seems your insight's improved," he chuckled, for the Ronin had answered his query before he'd asked.

The hour is close at hand, and those they could count on were few; those who could fight fewer still.

"Are Evangeline and Jack on Earth, then? Will they arrive in time?"

He looked Kai dead in the eye. "Moreover, Ronin, I would ask you speak of the course that stands before us. To protect the people of the planet below, can you ascertain where will our enemy will land?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

She shakes her head.

“No. The Priestess accompanying him has sped up his ship, much as I did for ours on our journey here from Chroma. She only just did it. Without that you would have had two weeks. Now.....conciserabky less. Interesting, she seems to....ahh, I see.”

Eresh frowns and her eyes glow.

“She is clever. She has been scrying on us. That is how she knew to speed the ship up. I have stopped that from here in in. She is quite the accomplished magician it seems.”
    The world started spinning. "No... I... I should have...."

If she had listened to Nevanlinna, this wouldn't be happening. If she had've put her pride aside for the moment and made the best possible choice and wished for Jagam's ship to be destroyed, then none of this would be an issue. Jagam and the priestess would have died in the recesses of space and her race would have been safe. Instead, she listened to her pride and not reason.

The air was getting thick and hard to breath. Her knees were weak; she was on the verge of collapsing. Jagam would be there in less than one day and they were in no way prepared to face him. She leaned forward, hands pressed into her thighs. What do I do? What am I supposed to do?!

"Calm down," Parsley spoke sharply. "Panicking will do nothing conducive to our survival so stop it."

Sarada's eyes cut a glance at her, and saw only the same neutral face she almost always had.

"You already screwed us out of our best possible chance to survive, so we now need to something to tip the scales back in our favor. He likely knows very little about us, unless that witch has been spying on us for some time and saw our techniques. Think. What can we do or come up with on short notice that can help us not just survive, but win?"

She was silent. Her mind was racing. Despite Parsley's command to calm down, there was no way she could. Jagam was going to be on them in less than a day!! What could they possible do in such a short time? How could they train for any positive gain? How could they strategize and have everyone know their role in such a short time? There were some here who likely had no fighting experience, like Cyanna or that frog girl?

"Goddamn it!" she growled. "What?" Oh. He was half-Saiyan. "I think I have an idea." She was reluctant to say it out loud. "I'll be back." She tapped her wrist and opened a blue portal with the portal device given to her when she visited Turrip. The other side was a laboratory setting that Ishtar and Parsley would recognize as one of the main scientific labs on Turrip. She stepped through, then closed the portal behind her.

Parsley sighed and walked out.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Heh, it seems your insight's improved," he chuckled, for the Ronin had answered his query before he'd asked.

The hour is close at hand, and those they could count on were few; those who could fight fewer still.

"Are Evangeline and Jack on Earth, then? Will they arrive in time?"

He looked Kai dead in the eye. "Moreover, Ronin, I would ask you speak of the course that stands before us. To protect the people of the planet below, can you ascertain where will our enemy will land?"
    “Not yet, but she said she was going to...persuade....someone to teleport them here. As to where he will arrive....”

He face turned stern.

“He will arrive in the Wastes because that is where his bait shall be.”

The Wastes are a barren stretch of rock and cliffs and desert far south of the Lookout. No life but animal lay within its reaches.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Meagan and Cyanna listened to this from the entry way. Soon after the revelation of the accelerated conflict, Meagan suddenly felt nauseous. Making her way back outside, she collapsed near a palm tree, revealing the contents of her stomach into it's soil.

Dash came to her first, then Cyanna, both looking worried. As soon as the heaves stopped, Dash ran into the bui9dling and came out with some water for her to drink to settle her stomach.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    OOC: The Nevadian Never Forgets.

IC:

Held laughed at the Majins humor. His laughter began to fade as it occurred to him that Sasheem took very few things more serious than destruction. "Oh dear.....I think I liked it better when you weren't so emotive."

I'll have to pay more attention to this guy in the future...He's actually far more of a concern now....

"Well...." Held paused, rubbing the back of his head as he reflected on his current plight with the Galaxy Police. "It helps if they think you're dead, for one....Although that's a hard trick to pull off."

I pretty much only avoided becoming space dust to Evangaline.

"It's also a good idea to keep a low profile, although I'm not sure that's ever really been your thing, has it? Even without your...." He paused, considering his words, "Distinctive, look, running around trying to destroy everything tends to get attention pretty quickly, you know? You should learn to be more discerning in your destructive tastes, if anything."

Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll listen and won't try anything too rash in the near future.

"Oh!" Held perked up, remembering the two largest issues that resulted in his appearing on the Galaxy Police Radar. "I'd probably recommend running in the other direction when you see them...."

If I had know P-Sta and Miras would have found me so interesting, I would have ran in the opposite direction the second I saw them.

"Although I don't think that works for you either. You seemed quite popular with them, when your name was mentioned, they practically perked up..."

Held shrugged.

"Well, I guess all I can tell you is if you ever plan to use a ship, it's a good idea to either use a fake name, or not file your flight plan....If I had realized they were so excited to see me, I could have saved myself a world of pain."
    "Let it be known that the Galaxy Police is only a temporary setback for Sasheem," The Majin stated truthfully. "Once he gets strong enough to handle the full brunt of their forces," Sasheem proclaimed with confidence. After what he did, he had no doubt that they would come after him in considerable numbers, with their strongest fighters leading the charge. It was a hindrance as he found the GP would likely be even more hard-headed than the fighters gathered here on the Lookout right now.

Still the Nevadian made a point. A low profile...did not suit him at all. What should he do, keep quiet when there was plenty of peace to disrupt? An abundance of destruction to unleash?! No...there had to be a different way...a better way. Sasheem could think of few options, but none of them would do any good in the long run.

...Huh. Any...good...the Majin smiled to himself for a moment. Of course! The answer to all of his potential troubles with the law lied in his grand plan all along!

"At any rate, Sasheem thanks you, Nevadian," the Majin nodded at Held. "As Sasheem stated before, he'll remember this moment, when deciding upon which planets he'll lay waste to first."

“Not yet, but she said she was going to...persuade....someone to teleport them here. As to where he will arrive....”

He face turned stern.

The Wastes are a barren stretch of rock and cliffs and desert far south of the Lookout. No life but animal lay within its reaches.”
    Ochazuke's lips spread to the sound of grinding teeth. "His bait? You don't mean..."

There could be no doubt of either their spirit or prowess, however, as eager as Sarada and Totoma appeared to be to face this fast-approaching enemy...

"I suppose there is no other course but to give the Offworlder what he wants," he said, "Saiyan matters appear to favour head-on confrontation, I suppose it would be futile to attempt to stop them."

He folded his arms. "Evangeline chose well. We haven't a spare moment, we must prepare. I'll gather the others."

With less than a day left to them, Kai had only so much time left to serve his duty; but invariably, the Earth would soon become the battlefield to serve the interests of those that would crush it for what little it would yield them. He would not allow these Threshlings to forget where they tread.

He face turned stern.

Cyanna come sup to him, "Um, Lord Guardian, sir. I guess your the healer, can you look at my sister? Please?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"...You... what, Your Majesty?"

The lead scientist was at a loss for words when Sarada told him what she had just learned mere moments ago. "You heard me, Rika. Jagam will be arriving on Earth in less than a day. I've only been there for an hour at most, so I have very little time to prepare and no time to train. Therefore, I'm here for something that will even the odds."

He swallowed nervously. As the brightest mind on the planet other than the members of the Conglomerate that still remained on Turrip, he knew exactly where she was going. That being that if she and the others didn't defeat Jagam tomorrow, the Saiyan race was going to be dwindled down to nothing. There was no one else other than Tasure who would be able to stand up to him, as loathe as some were to admit it. "I understand. What would you have of us?"

"The virus Hilda inflicted on 20,000 Vocadoans a few weeks ago. Do you still have the sample extracted from the first victim?"

"Ah... yes. We planned on developing an immunization in case this ever happened again, but shelved it for the time being. We haven't touched the sample," he replied.

"Good. I want you to turn it into a gas and give it to me. If all else fails, I'll infect Jagam with it and kill him when he falls unconscious."

"Your Majesty, the virus only works on Saiyans," another woman spoke from the other side of the lab.

"Jagam is half-Saiyan, so I'm hoping that'll be enough." It was a long-shot. There was no evidence, no proof that it would even work on him. However, she was short on time and this was their best chance at success. If fighting him straight up went south, underhanded tactics were all she had left. She couldn't fail. She couldn't.

"I see. Yes, that should be possible. I don't know if this will work on half-breeds, but it's worth a shot if it means our survival. It will be a few hours, though."

"Very well. Contact me when you're done." She opened a green portal to Vocado and stepped through. She needed to update the council on what she had learned.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan and Cyanna listened to this from the entry way. Soon after the revelation of the accelerated conflict, Meagan suddenly felt nauseous. Making her way back outside, she collapsed near a palm tree, revealing the contents of her stomach into it's soil.

Dash came to her first, then Cyanna, both looking worried. As soon as the heaves stopped, Dash ran into the bui9dling and came out with some water for her to drink to settle her stomach.
    After some time, Meagan sit with her back against the building, her hair messed up. Dash handed her the water, then sat next to her as Meagan began taking slow sips.

Cyanna come sup to him, "Um, Lord Guardian, sir. I guess your the healer, can you look at my sister? Please?"
    Ochazuke cast his glance from Kai to Cyanna, grumbling tersely under his breath.

"You have a great deal to prepare for, I'll see to this matter," he said to the Guardian's Apprentice. "The task before us will require our full number and no less."

He nod to the young Chromakai. "Take me to her."

After some time, Meagan sit with her back against the building, her hair messed up. Dash handed her the water, then sat next to her as Meagan began taking slow sips.
    So soon after the tumult had left the Room of Spirit and Time did he find himself standing before the shattered hinges before the empty chamber again. He found Meagan there, sapped of strength under the care of another. Standing before her where she leaned against the outer chamber wall, he observed her shaky countenance racked with sudden illness.

"You're not used to it yet, are you?"

Ochazuke cast his glance from Kai to Cyanna, grumbling tersely under his breath.

"You have a great deal to prepare for, I'll see to this matter," he said to the Guardian's Apprentice. "The task before us will require our full number and no less."

He nod to the young Chromakai. "Take me to her."

So soon after the tumult had left the Room of Spirit and Time did he find himself standing before the shattered hinges before the empty chamber again. He found Meagan there, sapped of strength under the care of another. Standing before her where she leaned against the outer chamber wall, he observed her shaky countenance racked with sudden illness.

"You're not used to it yet, are you?"
    Looking up at him, she closed her eyes slightly, "It takes a lot of effort to control it." She then opened her eyes and sighed, "Only been using it a few weeks, took that long just to learn how. I don't think my brain is wired to handle so much input. I'm not a genus like Lady Iris was, no where close, it's .... overwhelming."

Jinzi comes up to check on Meagan.

“Everything ok?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi comes up to check on Meagan.

“Everything ok?”
    "Sis got sick again, like back in the Temple." Cyanna, sounding concerned.

"I may have overdone it, that's all", Meagan, speaking weakly.

Dash looked like she wasn't so sure, "Sure that Iris would have given you a power that makes you sick?"

"Iris couldn't know." Meagan took a deep breath, "See, I'm feeling better already."