Page 520 of 782 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar smiled and reached up to hold Sarada's hand.

"I will do my best to ensure you never have to."

Confidence was something the young monarch had in spades, and in some ways it was as comforting as her constant presence. Yet the near death at the hands of an as of yet unknown assailant had proven there were at least a few small cracks in the armor as it were; and that the alternate version of herself was likely the result of some failure to protect something or someone she loved ... it was added cause for concern. Still, such was for later, and the happiness of the moment was for now.

... so she focused in on the training Sarada mentioned.

"If we cannot use the Room however, I suggest sparring with whomever will have us. Even this Alternate Zaofan."
    "Glad at least you agree with me on that front," Sarada remarked, sparing a single glance at Meagan before shaking her head. "I guess I'll go ahead and fight Erosa when she finally wakes up." She didn't sound particularly enthusiastic, for some strange reason.

But, it wasn't strange.

While the last she check, Erosa wasn't that far behind her, the fact was she was likely about even with her, or still not far behind. A fight between the two of them was sure to go back and forth and get the blood really pumping. The problem wasn't that she didn't want to fight Erosa.

It was her stupid boobs. Sarada couldn't stop imagining how much they'd bounce and jiggle as their battle raged on. Eventually, she was going to notice and lose focus. Stupid Id and her ridiculously huge ****. I hope they fall off when she reawakens.

If only Sarada was like Parsley and preferred ass to boobs. She hadn't looked, but Erosa probably was flat as a board back there.

Was she?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ishtar blinked.

Was that really what was important enough for Blizzar to ask to speak about ? After a moment of silence, Blizzar confirmed as much with his almost too-eager look.

The Oni chuckled.

"I own a city, and it came with a mine that has made me wealthy by mortal standards. Certainly not Jinzi Pantaloons levels of wealthy ... but perhaps on the same tier."

The golden-eyed Oni fell silent a moment before then asking.

"Why ?"
    Perhaps...so she didn't know. She payed the donut salesman in two gold bars after all. Blizzar cackled to himself. This was too good to be true. Earth was a gold mine...literally! "Well, I haven't made had too many dealings since I've been to this planet," which was mostly true. He had bought out forty-five businesses and made investments twenty-eight others...which was a minuscule percentage of what he normally can cook up when visiting alien worlds, but hey...Earth was in a crisis and he still had reports to write up.

"I would like to make you an offer, Ishtar," Blizzar stated. I would like to buy out half of your mine..." Blizzar proposed. He figured that was a modest enough...initial offer. Of course over time, he'd eventually make a bid for the entire thing. For now he was willing to pay whatever price she put forward...with some haggling.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Alt Zaofan catches the donut, nodding his thanks, before taking a bite and looking back at Ochazuke.

He finishes his bite before answering Ochazuke.

“Yeah, Yeah fine. Yer right. Ok, the way I got through was this bit of kit, yeah? Some sort of polymorphic bit of metal. Its nature caused the chaff to ripple around it, letting it pass through. Once it landed, it acts as a CLOWT.”

Jinzi frowns hearing this. He walks up and brings up a data screen.

“You mean a closed loop one way transmat? Bull, that doesn’t exist.”

Zaofan shrugs, then pulls out a small bit of metal and throws it to Jinzi.

“If ye say so, chief. Seems the Doctor disagrees with you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Having washed his hands of the situation, Charco was now... washing his hands? Well, he had to make sure he was prepped to cook, after all. With an array of meat and ingredients on the counter, he began by preheating the cast iron skillet, giving him some time to examine his other options.

"What is this? Soup? Seems weird..." Examining it, he couldn't help but feel like something was up with it, but in the end, he shrugged it off. He could use it as a side dish, along with the rice. Placing it aside, he began his cooking, his good continuing on as he begun singing softly to himself.

"Tanshoku no daichi asa de mo kurai.
    Haritsumeta taiki Narabu hyōkai.
    Migi ni narae sō oshierarete.
    Nita yō na shiawase Kizukeba kokyū made kōritsuku.
    "

Most of his experience with the other language his grandmother spoke, supposedly an older dialect of the region, had been through the various songs and adages she'd often sing or use throughout the years. He'd rarely used them, if only because the songs ending up being major earworms. Still, he was willing to risk the song repeating endlessly in his head for now.

"Koko wa buatsui kōri no man’naka.
    Itsu kara ka tozashita kokoro no kara.
    Kitai o tsumekomu atsu ga ranhansha.
    Kodō ga onore ni toitadasu.
    "

Although he knew he was no Zaofan, but Charco always thought of himself as a pretty decent chef. He could sweat his vegetables, he could season properly, and above all, he knew how to cook meat, as he would prove as he begun searing one of the various steaks he had lined up, filling the air with its savory scent.

"Sobieru kyōdai na kabe, Koeru no wa dare no tame.
    Oh Oh Oh Oh jibun o mezashite.
    Arifureta seikai yori Hitotsu dake no kotae oi.
    Oh Oh Oh Oh erabu no wa hoka no.
    Dare de mo nai no sa, Koko ni shika nai mirai e.
    "

Popping open the rice cooker, he quickly scooped out a bowl and placed it aside, followed by a bowl of that mysterious soup. Next came a platter dish piled with meat and vegetables which would have normally fed a party, but his hunger was nowhere near normal. Carrying his dish to a nearby table, he began eating, his gaze occasionally resting on the soup as he began debating on whether or not to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Perhaps...so she didn't know. She payed the donut salesman in two gold bars after all. Blizzar cackled to himself. This was too good to be true. Earth was a gold mine...literally! "Well, I haven't made had too many dealings since I've been to this planet," which was mostly true. He had bought out forty-five businesses and made investments twenty-eight others...which was a minuscule percentage of what he normally can cook up when visiting alien worlds, but hey...Earth was in a crisis and he still had reports to write up.

"I would like to make you an offer, Ishtar," Blizzar stated. I would like to buy out half of your mine..." Blizzar proposed. He figured that was a modest enough...initial offer. Of course over time, he'd eventually make a bid for the entire thing. For now he was willing to pay whatever price she put forward...with some haggling.
    Ishtar nodded, and considered Blizzar's offer.

"Hm ..."

Half the mine, in exchange for what was presumably a sizable amount of money, or credits ... one or the other. It was certainly worth thinking over. At least until the Oni remembered that she didn't really care much about money. So what exactly was the point of giving away something that was useful, for something that held no serious value to the Oni beyond making it easier to acquire things like food, and furniture that could survive the nightly escapades between her, and Sarada ?

Not much of one considering how much she already had.

"No." The Oni said with a shrug.

"Silvergloam Mine is good for more than just currency. Though I can appreciate the offer."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Glad at least you agree with me on that front," Sarada remarked, sparing a single glance at Meagan before shaking her head. "I guess I'll go ahead and fight Erosa when she finally wakes up." She didn't sound particularly enthusiastic, for some strange reason.

But, it wasn't strange.

While the last she check, Erosa wasn't that far behind her, the fact was she was likely about even with her, or still not far behind. A fight between the two of them was sure to go back and forth and get the blood really pumping. The problem wasn't that she didn't want to fight Erosa.

It was her stupid boobs. Sarada couldn't stop imagining how much they'd bounce and jiggle as their battle raged on. Eventually, she was going to notice and lose focus. Stupid Id and her ridiculously huge ****. I hope they fall off when she reawakens.

If only Sarada was like Parsley and preferred ass to boobs. She hadn't looked, but Erosa probably was flat as a board back there.

Was she?
    Ishtar quriked an eyebrow when she heard Sarada mention a fight with Erosa with an emotion bordering on disdain. It was strange, really ... for most fights the Saiyan would be chomping at the bit -- possibly even salivating depending on how strong the opponent was -- in anticipation; yet here there was something that seemed to kill whatever excitement would have normally been there.

I wonder what it is ...

Looking at Sarada then, the Oni asked;

"Why the lack of interest ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Alt Zaofan catches the donut, nodding his thanks, before taking a bite and looking back at Ochazuke.

He finishes his bite before answering Ochazuke.

“Yeah, Yeah fine. Yer right. Ok, the way I got through was this bit of kit, yeah? Some sort of polymorphic bit of metal. Its nature caused the chaff to ripple around it, letting it pass through. Once it landed, it acts as a CLOWT.”

Jinzi frowns hearing this. He walks up and brings up a data screen.

“You mean a closed loop one way transmat? Bull, that doesn’t exist.”

Zaofan shrugs, then pulls out a small bit of metal and throws it to Jinzi.

“If ye say so, chief. Seems the Doctor disagrees with you.”
    Meagan looks at both Jinzi and Alt-Zaofan, then makes a decision. Leaving the plaza area where everyone was gathered, she entered the kitchen and picked up a solid looking piece of glassware and a metal fork. Usually a bell would be used, but this will serve the purpose.

Returning to the Plaza, Meagan placed herself in full view of every and began hitting the glass with the fork with just enough effort to get it to ring like a bell. She did this four times, "Attention, everyone gathered here. I have an announcement. Jinzi and I will be married three days hence. Everyone is invited to attend. Lady Eva, I ask that you do the honors."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ishtar nodded, and considered Blizzar's offer.

"Hm ..."

Half the mine, in exchange for what was presumably a sizable amount of money, or credits ... one or the other. It was certainly worth thinking over. At least until the Oni remembered that she didn't really care much about money. So what exactly was the point of giving away something that was useful, for something that held no serious value to the Oni beyond making it easier to acquire things like food, and furniture that could survive the nightly escapades between her, and Sarada ?

Not much of one considering how much she already had.

"No." The Oni said with a shrug.

"Silvergloam Mine is good for more than just currency. Though I can appreciate the offer."
    More than currency? What more could a mine filled with gold be worth? Was there some sort of sentimental value attached to it? ...Such things could also be bought, in a way. "What is would you say the mine is worth then? I have quite the capable list of contacts. Once we are able to leave the planet, I simply have to make a call and through them, provide you with an whatever price you would desire," Blizzar offered. "Unless...your stake in this mine is more of a personal sort?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Having washed his hands of the situation, Charco was now... washing his hands? Well, he had to make sure he was prepped to cook, after all. With an array of meat and ingredients on the counter, he began by preheating the cast iron skillet, giving him some time to examine his other options.

"What is this? Soup? Seems weird..." Examining it, he couldn't help but feel like something was up with it, but in the end, he shrugged it off. He could use it as a side dish, along with the rice. Placing it aside, he began his cooking, his good continuing on as he begun singing softly to himself.

"Tanshoku no daichi asa de mo kurai.
    Haritsumeta taiki Narabu hyōkai.
    Migi ni narae sō oshierarete.
    Nita yō na shiawase Kizukeba kokyū made kōritsuku.
    "

Most of his experience with the other language his grandmother spoke, supposedly an older dialect of the region, had been through the various songs and adages she'd often sing or use throughout the years. He'd rarely used them, if only because the songs ending up being major earworms. Still, he was willing to risk the song repeating endlessly in his head for now.

"Koko wa buatsui kōri no man’naka.
    Itsu kara ka tozashita kokoro no kara.
    Kitai o tsumekomu atsu ga ranhansha.
    Kodō ga onore ni toitadasu.
    "

Although he knew he was no Zaofan, but Charco always thought of himself as a pretty decent chef. He could sweat his vegetables, he could season properly, and above all, he knew how to cook meat, as he would prove as he begun searing one of the various steaks he had lined up, filling the air with its savory scent.

"Sobieru kyōdai na kabe, Koeru no wa dare no tame.
    Oh Oh Oh Oh jibun o mezashite.
    Arifureta seikai yori Hitotsu dake no kotae oi.
    Oh Oh Oh Oh erabu no wa hoka no.
    Dare de mo nai no sa, Koko ni shika nai mirai e.
    "

Popping open the rice cooker, he quickly scooped out a bowl and placed it aside, followed by a bowl of that mysterious soup. Next came a platter dish piled with meat and vegetables which would have normally fed a party, but his hunger was nowhere near normal. Carrying his dish to a nearby table, he began eating, his gaze occasionally resting on the soup as he began debating on whether or not to try it.
    Cyanna comes running back in, excited, "Meagan just announced the wedding! Her and Jinzi are getting married!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan looks at both Jinzi and Alt-Zaofan, then makes a decision. Leaving the plaza area where everyone was gathered, she entered the kitchen and picked up a solid looking piece of glassware and a metal fork. Usually a bell would be used, but this will serve the purpose.

Returning to the Plaza, Meagan placed herself in full view of every and began hitting the glass with the fork with just enough effort to get it to ring like a bell. She did this four times, "Attention, everyone gathered here. I have an announcement. Jinzi and I will be married three days hence. Everyone is invited to attend. Lady Eva, I ask that you do the honors."

Praxat hears the announcement saying " that's great Megan I happy for you and Jinzi ." Praxat skin turns blue and depressed emoji appears in her googles a she says under her breath." so Megan and Jinzi are getting married in three days." " Qaztoh has date a bunch of aliens outside our own species." " now look at me I haven't even been on a single date."

Praxat hears the announcement saying " that's great." Praxat skin turns blue and depressed emoji appears in her googles a she says whispers " so Megan and Jinzi are getting married in three days." " even Qaztoh has date a bunch of aliens outside our own species." " now look at me I haven't even been on a single date."

"confused about rather I refer male , female , both or even interspecies ." " I really need to start dating." Althena also hears the announcement saying " congratulations Megan!" Qaztoh also replies to this saying " that's wonderful I do hope I can make it."

" that's if the intergalactic Shogi cup finals aren't on that day." " this year the winner get's to face off against a person who is a legend among Shogi players." " rumor has it this guy has never lost a Shogi match." " there's a rumor that this person once played a game of Shogi blind fold and won."

"there's even rumor that some one tried to beat them by cheating and they still won." " in the Shogi community they say that his strategy is unbeatable." " that's what I head at least." " wait but if I can't leave this planet then my position as a finalist in the Shogi cup isn't going to have to be forfeit ."

" then I wouldn't get a chance to face the Legend!" " dammit this sucks!" " I can't losing my position." " I know maybe I can contact the Intergalactic Shogi federation and see if I get them to move finales up." " I'm sure if I make a convince argument on my current situation they might be willing to do something on my behave."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-08-2018 at 09:56 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Ishtar quriked an eyebrow when she heard Sarada mention a fight with Erosa with an emotion bordering on disdain. It was strange, really ... for most fights the Saiyan would be chomping at the bit -- possibly even salivating depending on how strong the opponent was -- in anticipation; yet here there was something that seemed to kill whatever excitement would have normally been there.

I wonder what it is ...

Looking at Sarada then, the Oni asked;

"Why the lack of interest ?"
    Ah, ****.

As she feared, Ishtar asked why Sarada was so unenthusiastic about fighting Erosa. Surely she had an idea, but wanted to confirm.

Which was fine, except for the small fact that she didn't want to voice this reason aloud, just in case Erosa had finally reformed and was lurking around with that stupid cloaking ability of hers.

"Ah, well, you see-"

Saved by the bell, or at least a glass acting as a bell. When Meagan stepped forward while tapping on a glass to garner everyone's attention, Sarada was silently thankful. Anything to avoid having to give her embarrassing reason to Ishtar.

The announcement... was lost to Sarada. She said she and Jinzi would be married in three days. Which... she wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean. It was obviously important to Meagan, if only because she bothered to make the announcement of her intentions in front of nearly everyone. Still...

"What's married mean?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Cyanna comes running back in, excited, "Meagan just announced the wedding! Her and Jinzi are getting married!"
    Turning his head, Cyanna would see a scene similar to a nature documentary of hyenas tearing into their food as meat torn with sharp teeth hung from his lips. Taking a moment to chew and swallow that mouthful, he finally spoke. "Oh cool! I'll have to congratulate the two of them after this."

Leaning back for a moment, Charco was in thought before asking, "So how does marriage on your planet?"

Turning his head, Cyanna would see a scene similar to a nature documentary of hyenas tearing into their food as meat torn with sharp teeth hung from his lips. Taking a moment to chew and swallow that mouthful, he finally spoke. "Oh cool! I'll have to congratulate the two of them after this."

Leaning back for a moment, Charco was in thought before asking, "So how does marriage on your planet?"
    "Usually one person gives the other a present, like jewelry, then about a year or two later, usually at a gathering of friends, the one who received the Jewelry takes a ceremonial bell and rings it four times then announces the impending wedding."

"Usually one person gives the other a present, like jewelry, then about a year or two later, usually at a gathering of friends, the one who received the Jewelry takes a ceremonial bell and rings it four times then announces the impending wedding."
    "Huh, is that so? Definitely seems a lot easier than what it's like here." Popping a grilled pepper into his mouth, he continued to ponder for a moment before chewing only to stop dead in his tracks. "... does the giver have to tell the receiver anything specific when giving them this item? Like a phrase or oath?"

"Huh, is that so? Definitely seems a lot easier than what it's like here." Popping a grilled pepper into his mouth, he continued to ponder for a moment before chewing only to stop dead in his tracks. "... does the giver have to tell the receiver anything specific when giving them this item? Like a phrase or oath?"
    Cyanna thought on this, "Not usually, but some do. It's enough that the gift is given and accepted with the understanding of it's purpose. I mean, if some rich guy gave a girl a lot of jewelry, she'd know it was just a come on, that he wasn't serious."