Page 521 of 782 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 11718
    Retired Overlord

Ah, ****.

As she feared, Ishtar asked why Sarada was so unenthusiastic about fighting Erosa. Surely she had an idea, but wanted to confirm.

Which was fine, except for the small fact that she didn't want to voice this reason aloud, just in case Erosa had finally reformed and was lurking around with that stupid cloaking ability of hers.

"Ah, well, you see-"
    Nearby, there is a tomboyish chuckle quiet enough to catch Ishtars ears alone....or perhaps it was just in her head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna thought on this, "Not usually, but some do. It's enough that the gift is given and accepted with the understanding of it's purpose. I mean, if some rich guy gave a girl a lot of jewelry, she'd know it was just a come on, that he wasn't serious."
    "I see..." He thought for a moment before giving a mental shrug. In the future, he would have to be careful about what he did unless he did have such serious intentions.

"So when are they getting married?" With how bizarre things had been, trying to guess the perfect time for a ceremony was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I see..." He thought for a moment before giving a mental shrug. In the future, he would have to be careful about what he did unless he did have such serious intentions.

"So when are they getting married?" With how bizarre things had been, trying to guess the perfect time for a ceremony was impossible.
    "In three days." Cyanna smiled, then thought, "Oh, what should I wear? I need a dress, a pretty one."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi looks up from examining the metal, surprise on his face.

“Ahh......, wow. Yeah, ahh, thought we would wait but.....yeah!”

He grins at Meagan.

“You never cease to surprise me.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi looks up from examining the metal, surprise on his face.

“Ahh......, wow. Yeah, ahh, thought we would wait but.....yeah!”

He grins at Meagan.

“You never cease to surprise me.”
    She puts down the glass and fork and goes over to him, "We have been engaged for over a year. Of course we might have to do a second ceremony back on Chroma, just for show, but I prefer to do the real one here with all our friends."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    More than currency? What more could a mine filled with gold be worth? Was there some sort of sentimental value attached to it? ...Such things could also be bought, in a way. "What is would you say the mine is worth then? I have quite the capable list of contacts. Once we are able to leave the planet, I simply have to make a call and through them, provide you with an whatever price you would desire," Blizzar offered. "Unless...your stake in this mine is more of a personal sort?"
    "Personal ?" Ishtar asked, before shaking her head slowly.

"No no, far too old to be sentimental over something so commonplace as a mine." The Oni explained, "it produces more than expensive minerals, and gemstones ... though it has a considerable amount of those. It simply contains resources you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else; and it turns out I can make use of them." Ishtar said, shrugging then before cracking a smile.

"So if all this is to you is a means to acquire more currency, you would be better off trying to purchase elsewhere."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ah, ****.

As she feared, Ishtar asked why Sarada was so unenthusiastic about fighting Erosa. Surely she had an idea, but wanted to confirm.

Which was fine, except for the small fact that she didn't want to voice this reason aloud, just in case Erosa had finally reformed and was lurking around with that stupid cloaking ability of hers.

"Ah, well, you see-"

Saved by the bell, or at least a glass acting as a bell. When Meagan stepped forward while tapping on a glass to garner everyone's attention, Sarada was silently thankful. Anything to avoid having to give her embarrassing reason to Ishtar.

The announcement... was lost to Sarada. She said she and Jinzi would be married in three days. Which... she wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean. It was obviously important to Meagan, if only because she bothered to make the announcement of her intentions in front of nearly everyone. Still...

"What's married mean?"
    Meagan looks at both Jinzi and Alt-Zaofan, then makes a decision. Leaving the plaza area where everyone was gathered, she entered the kitchen and picked up a solid looking piece of glassware and a metal fork. Usually a bell would be used, but this will serve the purpose.

Returning to the Plaza, Meagan placed herself in full view of every and began hitting the glass with the fork with just enough effort to get it to ring like a bell. She did this four times, "Attention, everyone gathered here. I have an announcement. Jinzi and I will be married three days hence. Everyone is invited to attend. Lady Eva, I ask that you do the honors."
    Before Ishtar could hear Sarada's answer -- though she already had a good idea what it might be -- Meagan stepped forward and announced something that caused the Oni's eyebrow to raise up ever so slightly ... both from the suddenness of the announcement, and the timing. While it was probably fair to say the events of the past few days were likely responsible for it in a away, as much as it was the inevitability of their pairing, at any rate; to say that there were some small few questions as to the why of this sudden bonding was perhaps, an understatement.

So with a curious tilting of the head, the Oni asked.

"Was any thought given to the current ... deadline, of less than five days ?"

The reason for asking the question would have, and should have been obvious. Given Ishtar's experience with previous many of the ceremonies of bonding, and other mating rituals that might bond a pair for life -- by various species across the galaxy -- this would take a not inconsiderable amount of time; especially on short notice.

Which meant their deadline would be cut shorter than it already was.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Nearby, there is a tomboyish chuckle quiet enough to catch Ishtars ears alone....or perhaps it was just in her head.
    Hearing this, the Oni's head tilts to the other side, and Ishtar cracks a small smile. There were a few reasons she would be hearing voices. The Voidling who offered insight was currently silent, so that was quickly ruled out ... and Cthylla was nowhere to be felt, or found. Which meant 1) a concussion, or 2) Erosa ... and that tricky little ability of hers to remain largely undetected ...

By most.

Erosa, wherever she might be creeping, would then 'hear', the Oni's voice. 'Well now, I see you have finally hatched. How does it feel ?' The telepathic voice asked, softly.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Personal ?" Ishtar asked, before shaking her head slowly.

"No no, far too old to be sentimental over something so commonplace as a mine." The Oni explained, "it produces more than expensive minerals, and gemstones ... though it has a considerable amount of those. It simply contains resources you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else; and it turns out I can make use of them." Ishtar said, shrugging then before cracking a smile.

"So if all this is to you is a means to acquire more currency, you would be better off trying to purchase elsewhere."

Before Ishtar could hear Sarada's answer -- though she already had a good idea what it might be -- Meagan stepped forward and announced something that caused the Oni's eyebrow to raise up ever so slightly ... both from the suddenness of the announcement, and the timing. While it was probably fair to say the events of the past few days were likely responsible for it in a away, as much as it was the inevitability of their pairing, at any rate; to say that there were some small few questions as to the why of this sudden bonding was perhaps, an understatement.

So with a curious tilting of the head, the Oni asked.

"Was any thought given to the current ... deadline, of less than five days ?"

The reason for asking the question would have, and should have been obvious. Given Ishtar's experience with previous many of the ceremonies of bonding, and other mating rituals that might bond a pair for life -- by various species across the galaxy -- this would take a not inconsiderable amount of time; especially on short notice.

Which meant their deadline would be cut shorter than it already was.
    Turning to Isthar with a smile, "The ceremony will take no more than an hour, possibly less. Then we can go back to dealing with the problem. A simple exchange of vows overseen by someone of a high enough rank, like Lady Eva. Some Chromakai like big, extravagant ceremonies. But if you strip that away, the basic ceremony is fairly straight forward and simple."

She then added, "During the war, all weddings were kept simple and quiet. No one wanted to draw attention to themselves or to their friends and family."
    Last edited by Tami; 12-08-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Qaztoh goes over to Megan and Jinzi saying " look I'm a finalist in the intergalactic Shogi Cup." " so I'm going to tried to appeal to the intergalactic Shogi federation to get them to move the finals to another date." " they might not budge if I tell them to delay for a marriage ." " however if I explain the situation on Earth to them , they might consider to move the finales to a different date."

" be warning most of the federation is made up of a bunch of old fogies ." " so I'm going to have to appeal to a bunch of old aliens who are old fashion. "
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh goes over to Megan and Jinzi saying " look I'm a finalist in the intergalactic Shogi Cup." " so I'm going to tried to appeal to the intergalactic Shogi federation to get them to move the finals to another date." " they might not budge if I tell them to delay for a marriage ." " however if I explain the situation on Earth to them , they might consider to move the finales to a different date."

" be warning most of the federation is made up of a bunch of old fogies ." " so I'm going to have to appeal to a bunch of old aliens who are old fashion. "
    "Communications beyond Earth are being blocked," Meagan turns to Jinzi, "That's right, isn't it?" She then spoke ot Qaztoh, "You might just have to accept the idea that Shogi isn't as important as survival."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hearing this, the Oni's head tilts to the other side, and Ishtar cracks a small smile. There were a few reasons she would be hearing voices. The Voidling who offered insight was currently silent, so that was quickly ruled out ... and Cthylla was nowhere to be felt, or found. Which meant 1) a concussion, or 2) Erosa ... and that tricky little ability of hers to remain largely undetected ...

By most.

Erosa, wherever she might be creeping, would then 'hear', the Oni's voice. 'Well now, I see you have finally hatched. How does it feel ?' The telepathic voice asked, softly.
    For a moment there is a pause, and then a voice whispers back. "Don't let her get away, I wanna hear what she was gonna say....don't you?"

Retired Overlord

Turning to Isthar with a smile, "The ceremony will take no more than an hour, possibly less. Then we can go back to dealing with the problem. A simple exchange of vows overseen by someone of a high enough rank, like Lady Eva. Some Chromakai like big, extravagant ceremonies. But if you strip that away, the basic ceremony is fairly straight forward and simple."

She then added, "During the war, all weddings were kept simple and quiet. No one wanted to draw attention to themselves or to their friends and family."
    "Well....I'm not one for the over extravagance either. A Simple dinner and a gathering of friends is all the wedding I could ask for...." Etrina made a sideways glance at wherever Zaofan was, making sure to raise her voice so her could hear. "And if thats what you wish to work with I know the perfect caterer."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    For a moment there is a pause, and then a voice whispers back. "Don't let her get away, I wanna hear what she was gonna say....don't you?"
    "I have been bound to her long enough to have a very good idea." Ishtar replied with a chuckle. "It is good to have you back."

Ishtar blinked, before offering Meagan a nod.

"Alright then. With hope it will not take the full duration but ... it is better to be safe. I look forward to the ceremony, however."

Arx Inosaan

Cobra Canyon-Lakefront

The Majin flew over a large river cutting through to large masses of land, eventually leading into a lake, filled with rare freshwater coral and surrounded by a small field of grass. Beyond that, an arid desert. Gone was the valley the river bed once led into, spreading it's moss to the canyon walls. In the many, many years since Sasheem had been here, it had been replaced by the lake. Perhaps naturally, perhaps do to excavation. Sasheem didn't know or care.

A huge chunk of the canyon seemed practically scooped out. Sasheem's doing. The Majin descended down and sat on a boulder jutting from the lake, glancing at the carved canyon in contemplation. Stretching into the lake and grabbing a pebble, he skipped it across the lake's surface, watching the water ripple glumly.

"All that power gathered..." Sasheem noted. "All those techniques learned..." The Majin continued. "All the people killed...what was it all for?! Nothing! If I can't claim the title, if Sasheem can't be the greater annihilator, than what can he do?! Destroying was in his very being, he was chaos itself! If he can't do what he was made to do, what he feels in his magical blood, than what was the point of all he accomplished throughout the years.

Earth...stupid planet. Perhaps it was the wizard's fault. Who knows what havoc Sasheem could've wrought if his power hadn't been sealed up...if he hadn't slept for centuries. And even if he hadn't....when he was among power such as those in his group, how long would he have really lasted? God of Destruction...what a joke. Half the group could destroy more than he ever could. And he had a glaring weakness to the mystical, ironic in that his entire being was that of mysticism.

The Majin gripped at the Talisman, glowing warmly in his hand. Perhaps, he would take up that crimson fool's offer...to learn how to combat such mysticism, but not yet. First, he had to figure out what to do. He stated his intentions to destroy the universe to all as a means to start a challenge in the future and that ended in failure. Even the Saiyans rebuffed him!

The Majin punched the boulder he was sitting upon until it started to crack. Damn it! Why was he such a fool. He simply let them all get stronger and pass him by, the Oni, the Saiyans, the Chef, the Dodonpa. Not to mention the enigma that was Asha'Rah. In the end was he really fooling himself...Maybe things didn't have to be this way. Was there any way he could make amends with them? Was there any way they'd get along? ....Nope, no. He certainly hated them.

He wished them all gone. Most of them. Maybe he'd spare his apprentice. That Charco kid also blew up things pretty hilariously, maybe he'd let him live...Damn it! Sasheem clutched his head. There he was again, thinking of who he'd kill and who he wouldn't, when his own power was severely lacking...This was a terrible day. It can't possibly get any wo-

The boulder Sasheem sat on suddenly fell apart, scattering to pieces as the Majin was unceremoniously dumped in the lake. He really shouldn't have been too perturbed...after all he could swim just fine. But it was the cherry on top of an irritating day. "Bah..." Sasheem grumbled, irritably.

"There are some villages a fair ways east of here..." an elderly voice spoke, behind Sasheem. The Majin turned around to see an old human in his late fifties or early sixties, sporting a bright yellow raincoat and sitting in a small boat. He held a fishing rod in hand as he began to slowly pass Sasheem by. "About the canyon..." the old man stated, pointing towards the canyon wall that had been decimated years ago, thanks to Sasheem. "They say that hundreds of years ago...a great beast descended upon the cavern, displeased with how the locals had been lazing about in the eastern villages. Some say a giant cobra, like an orochi..."

Sasheem's antennae perked up at the mention of the Orochi.

"Some say it was a great shark spirit...swam up all the way from the oceans to show the land the power of the sea..." the old man continued, offering a hand to pull Sasheem out of the water.

"Sounds like those people are stupid," Sasheem noted, glaring at the old man's hand with disdain, opting to stay in the lake instead. "Go tell your folk tale to someone who gives a damn, Old Man...Sasheem's tryin' to think here."

"Sasheem?" the old man asked with a level of familiarity Sasheem didn't quite like. "You know...it's funny. I work for this family for decades as a record keeper of sorts. They had quite a different take on what happened here...You see, a long time ago, back when this canyon stood whole..my employer's family was said to have hired a monster of their own. A small but powerful blue creature. A very dangerous creature...they tried to control it by sending it to a band of assassins that had a working relationship to the head of the family at the time..."

Sasheem's eyes widened. Who was this old man, exactly. There was no way...

"Legend says that one day...my employer's family cam under a terrible attack and lost this monster. They lost much power...but did not die. It took a long time for them to amass power again...and now they stand tall again today...but they lack something," the old man looked Sasheem dead in the eyes. "Security. Firepower. These are major concerns in...dangerous times such as these."

"We've kept an eye out on world tournaments. Supernatural events that plague our planet...we have eyes everywhere...and we've seen you and your allies, Majin Sasheem?" the old man smiled a crooked smile, not befitting his previously amicable demeanor.

"Don't know who you're talkin' about, geezer..." Sasheem scoffed. "The Greater-....Sasheem has no allies!"

The Old Man held out his hand again, once more offering Sasheem passage on the boat and chuckled, "Then, allow me to introduce you to some."

"Communications beyond Earth are being blocked," Meagan turns to Jinzi, "That's right, isn't it?" She then spoke to Qaztoh, "You might just have to accept the idea that Shogi isn't as important as survival."
    Qaztoh replies to this saying" maybe your right." "wait I just remember something Important ." " the finals was supposed to take place here on Earth, but with the current situation the Federation can't do that." " which means they probably put the Finales on hold."

" yeah with communications beyond earth being blocked." " the Federation most likely put the finales on hold if they can't get in touch with this planet's Shogi organization." meanwhile in another Galaxy on a space station a council of old aliens of different races wearing glasses and suits have gather together with one of them saying" Okay on today we will be discussing about the Shogi Cup Finals ." " as we at the Intergalactic Shogi Federation aware the Shogi Cup finals is supposed to take place on a planet called Earth however we have run into a major problem."

" we haven't been able to get a communication though to this planet's Shogi organization." " someone or something has been blocking are communication to Earth." " I'm afraid we might have to cancelled the finals or at least part it on hold for awhile." another alien in suit a Tuffle speaks up saying" but chairman we can't canceled the finals ." " we will be pissed up many Shogi players, and we promise the winner that she got a shot at facing the Legend!"

The Chairman then replies to this saying " look I know we are in a pickle here but since we can't get communication though to earth we are left with no other choice!" "I hereby motion that the Shogi Cup Finals will be put on hold all those in favor rise your hands." nearly all the members of the Federation rise their hands and the chair man counts the votes saying " okay it's official the Shogi Cup finals will be put on hold until we can establish communications with Earth." " now we most inform the Shogi organizations on other planets that we can establish communications to that the finals have been put on hold."

suddenly a loud boom voice is head as a large man walks into the council chambers of the intergalactic Shogi federation saying " yes it's differently a good idea to put the finals on hold!" " we promise that we would have the finals on Earth and we have to stick to that promise even if we have to put the finals on hold for now!" " however assure once we can establish communications to earth yours's truly will be the one to make the announcement!" " now if we can't establish communications to Earth that must mean that something quite dire must be happen on that planet!"

" we must all remember that even Shogi takes a back seat to survival!" " so if Earth is in a dire situation all we can do is hope for the best!" a member of the federation looks at this large man saying " wow that's the Legend ." " I never met the guy before but in person he's actually quite intimidating."

" looking at him one would wonder how the hell is guy like that a Shogi player?" " he looks more like a freaking gladiator then a Shogi player." " really is even necessary for a shogi player to be in such great shape?" the Legend speaks saying " of course being in shape is always necessary!"

" it doesn't matter if one is a shogi player or whatever field one walks in life!" " one should always think about one's own survival and one can befit from being in shape!" " that's why I always say that one should always get plenty of exercise and have a well balance diet!" "REMEMBER IT"S ALWAYS IMPORTANT TO KEEP ONE'S BODY IN TIP TOP SHAPE!"

federation member thinks to himself ( really does he need to punctuate and emphasize everything he says. is he here shogi player or a freaking pro wrestler. ) the legend then says " oh and there's something I need to tell you guys, and it's this I kind of forget where a parked my space ship ." all federation members include the chairman fall over with all sayin in exclamation " What!!!"
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-09-2018 at 05:08 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.