Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
He smiles warmly, like a teacher proud of a student. Your instinct tells you that he’s better. No matter what you do, you cannot bridge the gap in skill and your power levels are close enough that his battlefield advantages like the Woven Path, the Wolf’s Prowl and the Bear’s Strength make it unlikely of gaining the upper hand.

“A final thought, you’re majesty. Sometimes true victory is not in beating your opponent, but in discovering who your opponent is. What motivates them, pushes them. What drives them forward. I believe I have my answer.”

He hops off the arena, thus losing.

“Your quest is of more import than mine at the moment. I see no reason to jeapordize your attempts at getting the crystal. I had to make sure of your intentions, and you proved yourself today. You’re core intent is pure.”

He bows formely to her.

“One day, your majesty, we shall dance again. I should like to see you obtain your golden locks by then.”
That... was the move she hadn't expected. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Welcome because she was sure she was going to lose. There was no denying and no doubting that Samson Balon was the better of the two of them. He had vastly more skill, and his ability to manipulate the battlefield pushed him out of her reach. Her instincts made fighting him manageable, but their powers were too close for that to make a difference.

Had the fight continued, she would have lost.

She breathed in, letting her conscious thought return to her. Then, she bowed and saluted Samson. "You would have won, for sure. I'm honored to have shared the ring with a fighter of your caliber. We'll meet again, for sure! You can count on it!"

It wasn't as satisfying a win, but the win didn't matter; the battle leading up to it did. That was two fights that got her blood pumping. She hoped the next one was just as exciting.

Wait, ****. That mutt was probably going to be her next opponent.

Fun, indeed. Fun ripping the grin right off his face.

Sarada stepped out of the ring and left to find something to eat.