Page 112 of 782 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma grinned. "Come on, Super Saiyan God isn't much more believable. Why dilute the Super Saiyan awesome with mere godhood? In any case, good to see you again. Hopefully your time on Vacado was fruitful. Mine... sure was. Even met with Mato, finally."

To be honest, on the subject of which one of them was better, he didn't really care. All he wanted was to be better than the Totoma of yesterday, to push and test his limits. Though not at the expense of having a life, after all.

"To answer your question seriously... hm, I'd say we're about even, given equivalent, er... conditions. But I was serious about my body being really fucked up--it still is, to an extent--so it's gonna piss you off, but... I really didn't train all that much. As my body recovered, I found I could channel more and more of the power I... apparently had as a kid," said Totoma. "And I... hm, well, there was a change in my ki recently that I'm... still trying to figure out."

"Anyway, how ya' been?"

Totoma slapped Charco on the back. "Heya Charco. Pretty crazy what went down at Gris-Gris, eh? Could never get the stink of that place out of the clothes I showed up in... Karine made me toss 'em. And then take like ten baths."

He'd only come in on the tail-end of whatever happened, but it had been... something. They'd managed to pull through, though. Somehow.
    "...yeah... I still have dreams about that place."

Charco's ordeal with Gris-Gris had lasted a month and a half before Totoma had shown up, so it wasn't surprising that the other was unphased.

"Last time I heard, Carne was halfway through purifying the Hexlands." The fact that even part of those grounds could be cleansed was astounding, nonetheless that someone had made that much progress in a month's span.

Totoma grinned. "Come on, Super Saiyan God isn't much more believable. Why dilute the Super Saiyan awesome with mere godhood? In any case, good to see you again. Hopefully your time on Vacado was fruitful. Mine... sure was. Even met with Mato, finally."

To be honest, on the subject of which one of them was better, he didn't really care. All he wanted was to be better than the Totoma of yesterday, to push and test his limits. Though not at the expense of having a life, after all.

"To answer your question seriously... hm, I'd say we're about even, given equivalent, er... conditions. But I was serious about my body being really fucked up--it still is, to an extent--so it's gonna piss you off, but... I really didn't train all that much. As my body recovered, I found I could channel more and more of the power I... apparently had as a kid," said Totoma. "And I... hm, well, there was a change in my ki recently that I'm... still trying to figure out."

"Anyway, how ya' been?"

Totoma slapped Charco on the back. "Heya Charco. Pretty crazy what went down at Gris-Gris, eh? Could never get the stink of that place out of the clothes I showed up in... Karine made me toss 'em. And then take like ten baths."

He'd only come in on the tail-end of whatever happened, but it had been... something. They'd managed to pull through, though. Somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

Charco's ordeal with Gris-Gris had lasted a month and a half before Totoma had shown up, so it wasn't surprising that the other was unphased.

"Last time I heard, Carne was halfway through purifying the Hexlands." The fact that even part of those grounds could be cleansed was astounding, nonetheless that someone had made that much progress in a month's span.
    Not one to be left out of reunions, Zaofan pleasantly strolls up to Charco and pats Totoma on the shoulder. "Well, as I live and breathe -- Mr. Totoma himself! Glad you could join us! You know, I've a capsule of some alien ... ingredients... I guess. If you're ever down to joining me to try them out, I'd love to experiment in the kitchen with you."

Zaofan then eyes the others gathering for the assault, heeding Miras and Adam's note. "But I suppose that's for next time. I'm glad we'll be fighting side by side, yet again."
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-10-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Asha'rah started her reply by indicating that universe had not turned out the way she wanted. It was a collaborative effort, further indicating that there were other creators out there like her... or were others like her. The implication was that everything -- the ground beneath her feet, to the stars and moon above her, and everything in between -- was created by a race(?) of hyperpowerful 'gods' who then took no role in their creations lives. While she had grown to have a distaste for having her life's course dictated by someone more powerful than her, there was a certain amount of gratitude she held toward Eva for saving her from the Meat Market. The second time. The first time her life and wellbeing was in danger in that damned place, no higher power came to her aid.

What were these beings doing? Had Asha'rah killed them all? Did they think themselves too high and mighty to help someone as 'small and insignificant' as her?

What the answer, it didn't matter now. What was done was done, and she was in the process of moving past it.

Her mind moved away from her own dwellings and back to Asha'rah. The collaboration between the creators led to many ideas and opinions being thrown in on how creation should be. Asha'rah's own concerns and objections with how things were proceeding went unheeded, which eventually led to fear and resentment, then resentment turned into wrath. It was easy to see where it went from there.

She rebelled. A singular point spearheading a revolution against the established order. Indar'en stood in opposition, and fell where he stood.

Sarada could understand why she rebelled. If there was something she knew was wrong, and no one listened to reasoned arguments, then the only other means to make her point was with fists and power. To 'raise a ruckus' as she put it. It was what Mato was prepared to do if he didn't have the results of a completely, radically reformed younger generation of Saiyans to back up with ideals and philosophy. When reason failed, when outright evidence failed, the only other recourse was war. In their case, it would have been a civil war. They were fortunate that it didn't come to that, that by some miracle, the older Saiyans set aside their pride for just a moment to witness the fact that their children and grandchildren had long surpassed them at such a tender age. The reason why was made plainly evident, and they were slowly but surely embracing that reason themselves.

For many, it was too late to make any significant change. In the time lapse that saw her power leap from 3000 to 7000, her parents' power only rose a few hundred points. The fact that it was enough to bump both of them to Saiyan Elite status was not lost on her or her family, but the fact remained that their gains, and the gains of many Saiyans their age and older, were not nearly as impressive. Maiz and many Saiyans her age didn't even bother training, all stating that it was too late for them to make significant headway.

For centuries, the Saiyan race had been enveloped in the toxic mindset of 'Might Makes Right'. It was an unofficial motto for those that supported the initial construction of the Meat Market. Those that were mighty ruled those that were not. Those that were not lived only to serve and entertain those that were. For years, the specter of a life of servitude and a death on one's knees stymied the power of many. As a result, the Saiyan race stagnated, dropping from the lofty heights of the days of Vocado. At that time, Saiyans boasted power levels well into the tens of thousands, with Vocado himself ascended into the hundreds of thousands. Over time, starting with Otatop IV, their power gradually declined, until the entire race was just a hollow shell of its former glory.

Everything Asha'rah said about her race was true. Sarada had witnessed it firsthand, and had read about an even longer history of tyranny. Entire races were wiped completely from existence for profit. Planets had their natural denizens erased from their surface and replaced with a colony of Saiyans seeking to expand and grow the empire to the furthest reaches of the universe. Any planet not worth money or inhabitable by Saiyans was simply destroyed from orbit. So much destruction, all in the name of progress. Ishinsa, Pepa, Langal, Callion, Ruco, Turrip, all built on the corpses and blood of slain billions.

This counter-productive, toxic mindset was what Asha'rah fought against. It was why she rebelled against the established order to bring about real, fair change. It was why she stood against her closest friend, and killed him. He stood in support of this order, and as an extension, this mindset.

In Sarada, Asha'rah saw that same mindset. That same thirst for combat and power. Sarada knew that it was because it was all she had come to know over her life, and that thirst for power was out of fear of what her future would hold if she returned to Vocado as anything less than a working class Saiyan. It turned out that it was the gods' fault that such a future even existed. In their arrogance and blindness, they fought to keep everything the same. All the while damning their creation to a slow, violent death by their own hands.

The Saiyans were fortunate. Ironically, exterminating those races and establishing the colonies was what started their reform. Ruco and Pepa had proven time and again to be the lofty examply of what their race could be if separated from Vocado's strength first attitude. Turrip, built on the technology of the slain Tuffle race, was next to embrace another path, only of art and science. Langal even made extreme headway over the last three decades to turn itself around. And now, Vocado under Mato was making the necessary changes to return to how it used to be under the kings and queens of old. Only Callion stood unmoving in the face of progress.

Sarada was only a microcosm of the cultural evolution -- or perhaps regression was the correct word -- the Saiyans were enjoying. For witnessing that, and realizing her preconceptions were wrong, Asha'rah the goddess of creation apologized.

A goddess humbled herself to beg the forgiveness of a mere mortal.

There was something unreal when realizing that, and Sarada was at a loss for words, even after spending several moments digesting what she had heard. While the Sarada of old, the one who still lived on Vocado prior to fleeing to Earth, would have made this lofty being humble herself more and actually beg, Sarada as she was now saw no need for humiliation. "I accept," she replied with a single nod. "I'm sorry your war caused you such great personal loss. And, if your metal shell is any indication, it was all for nothing, right? You and your side lost?"
    The reformation of a single species, even the Saiyans, did not affect the underlying imbalance of power inherent in the universe. Singularly strong individuals eventually became unstoppable, able to impose their will as they pleased upon the universe at large. This had been true before, and it was true now. If not the Saiyans, then perhaps it would be a Namekian or a human next. Inevitably, somebody would take advantage of the skewed mechanics governing the lives of all things. No, Asha'rah's cause remained unchanged.

She regarded Sarada with a long but warm look. The young Saiyan lady had changed her outlook so much in a short time, and helped usher in a new era for her species. Here she stood, ready to risk her life to help a friend bring an end to a war that had ravaged this planet for decades. No, the reform did not affect Asha'rah's cause. But that did not the reform did not matter. A feeling swelled within Asha'rah, a feeling she had known every so often when she had cast her gaze upon Creation - pride. A creator could not help but be proud to see their creations progress so.

Then a question came. Was it all for nothing? Ever since her memories had begun to return, Asha'rah had born the answer to that question stoically. For all her achievements during the War in the Heavens, however far she had come in a war she could not possibly have hoped to win on might alone, she had failed in the end. She had not regretted her rebellion...would do it again were she in a position to...but the cost had been grave and the results to show for it scant. That had been her answer until very recently. She felt a grin stretching out across her face, unqualified excitement twinkling in her eyes. A lot of the news Sihn had given her was grave: Sakin and their angels had betrayed her, betrayed all of the Heavens; her rebellion had been engineered for political ends; the Gods of Creation were no more; the gods of creation and destruction had been forced into retirement, leaving the Kami system to slowly get picked apart. But there was an undeniable hint of sunlight on the horizon.

"Not so. I was recently in conference with the powers that be. My rebellion, at its peak, finally reached their attention. At the time, there was great chaos and turmoil, for unbeknownst to us a third party had been scheming to pit us against one another. People reacted badly, and I was cast down. But when things calmed, those in charge came to regret their choices. The multiverse is a colossal mess right now. But if we can fix it and appear before the Heavens once more, the chances of success will have risen dramatically."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 06-11-2018 at 01:09 AM.

Nevanlinna took note of the pause and odd bit of repetition. Something seemed to be bothering the Oni, though what it could be escaped her. Ever curious, Nevanlinna wanted to ask her what was the matter, but of this group, the only ones she had any modicrum of respect for were Ishtar and Ochazuke, so she held her tongue.

"I see," said Nevanlinna. Interesting she had referred to the boy as Totoma. Perhaps... "Hm, Totoma... Totoma... that sounds familiar, somehow. I do believe a famous saiyan named Tasure had a halfbreed son named Totoma. Might this be that very same boy?"

If so, she'd found the source of the leak, though at this point plugging it was akin to plugging one hole out of a dozen. Besides, soon enough Jagam would (hopefully) finish the job, unless he tarried for too long and allowed the Saiyans to prepare well enough to kill him. And these two Saiyans before her...

...she couldn't put her finger on it, but something seemed odd about them. Sarada was respectably powerful, and if this was that Totoma, he likely knew this half-oozaru form too. Which meant that, together, they were a legitimate threat to her. Hm, how worrying.
    Nevanlinna seemed to have a measure of familiarity with Totoma, or at the very least a Totoma.

Curious given the original means that had brought the group together- a tampering of fate- and that the boy had been wholly absent during the past couple of days, that the recently added ... er ... Elf, had any measure of attachment to the original group definitely raised questions. Though for another time, surely. When mention was made of Totoma's mother, however, Ishtar tilted her head slightly and offered Nevanlinna a curious nod.

"One and the same. Curious."

Sarada smirked. She had in fact been keeping count. She noticed some time ago that the Oni rarely cursed. It was strange, considering she herself and everyone she knew let the profanity fly. It was what her friends called a sentence enhancer. Sometimes, it was the only way to get a point across. Other times, it added some spice to a sentence that normal, less profane words simply couldn't accomplish.

That Ishtar managed to get by without cursing once until she met her -- she assumed -- was mystifying, and intriguing. Hence, why Sarada decided to start keeping count. She was up to three, and all three times were her just repeating something Sarada said. That could have meant that the Saiyan was a bad influence on her.

Nah.

How could she be when she was the younger one by a very large margin?

"That just means I need to start learning some ancient languages," she retorted with a sly grin.
    Ishtar offered a soft, short chuckle.

"If that is what you wish, I am sure I can teach you enough to say my name, in Avestan." While a fairly innocent statement on its own, the implication was fairly obvious; and a thing offered in response to Sarada's sly grin. And while the words weren't hollow, and were spoken clearly with the intent to follow through on such an offer ... it was as much a promise, as it was a way of Ishtar keeping her mind occupied; the thoughts of what she might do to Sarada to summon such declarations an easy thing to bring to mind.

The sudden curse from Ishtar attracted Sarada for two reasons. One, it was of the Oni's own volition, not just repeating what Sarada herself had said moments earlier. Two, it sounded -- and felt -- frustrated. Oh, ****.

"Ah. Well, that's enough showing off for now," she told Totoma. "I think I've established that I'm still your superior." Damn it. I let myself get caught up in the ****-talking and completely fucked up.

She forgot all about Ishtar's feelings of inadequacy at merely getting a measure of Genesis' power. Her and Totoma throwing around fake numbers and pretending to have all this power welled up inside them was sure to agitate the Oni even more. Totoma didn't have any idea, but she did.

'Sorry. I got caught up in the moment. Sorry,' she spoke telepathically to Ishtar.
    At the telepathic comment offered from Sarada, Ishtar couldn't help but sigh softly.

'You are fine ... it is fine. This is all ... new. I am handling it poorly.'

It was hardly Sarada's fault after all, that she was reacting this way. It was not as if anything had exactly changed, either. In the end, all that had changed, was Ishtar's understanding of the world. A thing that had happened before ... so many thousands of years ago; yet the feelings that had been given voice and form then had been entirely difference. Instead fear, and uncertainty, it had been a desire to see, and learn, and experience all that this universe had to offer. Which in turn had given birth to a determination that had carried the golden-eyed Oni forward through the ending of countless worlds, in pursuit of answers of self, and of the nature of this strange universe.

That she had familiarly been carried forward into suffering beyond measure as a result of this drive had never once slowed her down before.

So what was different ?

Ishtar sighed, and shook her head. Again, that was a question for later.

Really, this waiting was doing nothing pleasant. Merely giving the Oni a time to stew and pick at her own flaws like bloody scabs. That wasn't Sarada's fault, or Totoma's, or even the fault of the waiting itself. Merely the unfamiliarity of the situation Ishtar now found herself placed in. So the sooner the waiting was ended, and she could at least do something to decompress- be it through combat, or sex, or even taking the time to drink some water- the better.

"I am starting to feel like ..." the golden-eyed Oni started to mutter, then; before thinking better of it.

"I would see what your new form could do, Sarada. It feels strong ... I would experience it first hand." Ishtar commented then, switching gears.

After all, her current issues aside, taking this moment away from Sarada was rude. And the happiness for Sarada that Ishtar felt, was not to be understated. That the Saiyan had grown this strong after being fearful for her future only months before was a wondrous thing in the end; and a thing that the golden-eyed Oni would be happy to indulge.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The reformation of a single species, even the Saiyans, did not affect the underlying imbalance of power inherent in the universe. Singularly strong individuals eventually became unstoppable, able to impose their will as they pleased upon the universe at large. This had been true before, and it was true now. If not the Saiyans, then perhaps it would be a Namekian or a human next. Inevitably, somebody would take advantage of the skewed mechanics governing the lives of all things. No, Asha'rah's cause remained unchanged.

She regarded Sarada with a long but warm look. The young Saiyan lady had changed her outlook so much in a short time, and helped usher in a new era for her species. Here she stood, ready to risk her life to help a friend bring an end to a war that had ravaged this planet for decades. No, the reform did not affect Asha'rah's cause. But that did not the reform did not matter. A feeling swelled within Asha'rah, a feeling she had known every so often when she had cast her gaze upon Creation - pride. A creator could not help but be proud to see their creations progress so.

Then a question came. Was it all for nothing? Ever since her memories had begun to return, Asha'rah had born the answer to that question stoically. For all her achievements during the War in the Heavens, however far she had come in a war she could not possibly have hoped to win on might alone, she had failed in the end. She had not regretted her rebellion...would do it again were she in a position to...but the cost had been grave and the results to show for it scant. That had been her answer until very recently. She felt a grin stretching out across her face, unqualified excitement twinkling in her eyes. A lot of the news Sihn had given her was grave: Sakin and their angels had betrayed her, betrayed all of the Heavens; her rebellion had been engineered for political ends; the Gods of Creation were no more; the gods of creation and destruction had been forced into retirement, leaving the Kami system to slowly get picked apart. But there was an undeniable hint of sunlight on the horizon.

"Not so. I was recently in conference with the powers that be. My rebellion, at its peak, finally reached their attention. At the time, there was great chaos and turmoil, for unbeknownst to us a third party had been scheming to pit us against one another. People reacted badly, and I was cast down. But when things calmed, those in charge came to regret their choices. The multiverse is a colossal mess right now. But if we can fix it and appear before the Heavens once more, the chances of success will have risen dramatically."
    "Fix the... multiverse?"

Sarada had no idea what in the hell Asha'rah was referring to when she spoke of this multiverse. Multi obviously referred to multiple; verse was short for universe -- or perhaps a verse of a song, though that made no sense within the context of their conversation. So, was she saying there were multiple universes?

That wasn't possible. There was only one universe: this one. "Are you saying there's more than one universe?"

She frowned heavily, but didn't want to continue dwelling on it until she had confirmation from the goddess herself. Perhaps she meant something else. Regardless, repairing the universe really seemed to be more of a job for the... head god in charge, rather than a bunch of mortals. While Sarada would be more than happy to punch some gods in the face until they submitting to her superiority, it still seemed to be well out of her jurisdiction.

Though, once she became a goddess like Ishtar, then it would be totally within her jurisdiction. So, by that point, her worries would all be rendered moot.

Hm.

"Is it possible for a mortal to become a god?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"We do..."

The brief exchange at the Geofront felt like an eternity to Charco at this point. That brief time that he spent there preparing to be a "hero" felt so innocent back then.

Just what was he now?

He honestly couldn't find an answer to that question. The feelings of cheapness and dirtiness kept him from believing himself a true hero, yet he felt no shame nor guilt over his actions. What he had done and what he would do in the future was all for the sake of his survival and perhaps, one day, he would make it up for everything.
    Well, that was... rather unenthusiastic. The Charco she knew was always ready for a scrap. Sometimes, a little too ready, if his unwillingness to hold back, even for his teammates' sake was any indication. Even still, she knew she could always go to him if she had an inch that only a fist could scratch.

"Anyway, how ya' been?"
    He hadn't trained much this entire time? That much was true? So, the suppressed power she was feeling was his tapped potential that he had had access to ever since he was a child?

That gave credence to the rumors that half-breeds were generally more powerful than purebreds. Of course, Sarada and everyone else scoffed at such a ridiculous notion. There was no way someone with impure genes could ever surpass someone with pure genes.

...Even though even suppressed, his power far exceeded many of the Saiyans living on Vocado. Then again, their own potential had been stymied by years of negative attitudes and a counterproductive culture. Once Mato finished clearing all of that out, they would see purebreds return to their former glory, far outpacing the imperfect halfies. It was clear, with that reassuring thought in mind, that Totoma was merely an exception, not the rule.

She breathed out a silent sigh of relief.

"I'm doing as well as can be expected of someone who was kidnapped by the Junjo and had to free a batch of prisoners from potential enslavement. And apparently, Earth is about to be in danger. Again. So, that's another thing to deal with." She sighed again. "Well, I'm glad you're in a better place," she spoke honestly. "I don't want you to have that as an excuse to fall back on when I kick your ass the next time we fight."

Hm? Gris-Gris? This was the first time she had ever heard of that place? Was that what was eating at Charco? "So, I take it some **** went down at this Gris-Gris place."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar offered a soft, short chuckle.

"If that is what you wish, I am sure I can teach you enough to say my name, in Avestan." While a fairly innocent statement on its own, the implication was fairly obvious; and a thing offered in response to Sarada's sly grin. And while the words weren't hollow, and were spoken clearly with the intent to follow through on such an offer ... it was as much a promise, as it was a way of Ishtar keeping her mind occupied; the thoughts of what she might do to Sarada to summon such declarations an easy thing to bring to mind.
    The offer seemed innocent enough, but Sarada didn't miss the hidden connotation behind the words. Her grin brightened a touch. "And in exchange, I suppose I'd have to teach you how to say my name in Vocadoan. You know, if the need ever arose."

She could think of quite a few times when such a need would arise; all of which involved them alone with a flat surface. Though, if Ishtar ever met her family -- which could possibly happen if the future they heard of came to fruition with a few key changes -- then her being able to speak the Saiyan language would go a long way towards endearing herself to her parents. Her parents would likely be the only ones wary of this horned blue woman who had inexplicably managed to worm her way into their daughter's heart. Maiz, Pinach, and Rutaba would be all for it; the former rather than the latter two, who couldn't be bothered to think about things like that at such a young age. Avoca wouldn't care very much at first, though her jealousy would be an issue later. Parsley didn't matter.

Parsley never mattered.

At the telepathic comment offered from Sarada, Ishtar couldn't help but sigh softly.

'You are fine ... it is fine. This is all ... new. I am handling it poorly.'

It was hardly Sarada's fault after all, that she was reacting this way. It was not as if anything had exactly changed, either. In the end, all that had changed, was Ishtar's understanding of the world. A thing that had happened before ... so many thousands of years ago; yet the feelings that had been given voice and form then had been entirely difference. Instead fear, and uncertainty, it had been a desire to see, and learn, and experience all that this universe had to offer. Which in turn had given birth to a determination that had carried the golden-eyed Oni forward through the ending of countless worlds, in pursuit of answers of self, and of the nature of this strange universe.

That she had familiarly been carried forward into suffering beyond measure as a result of this drive had never once slowed her down before.

So what was different ?

Ishtar sighed, and shook her head. Again, that was a question for later.

Really, this waiting was doing nothing pleasant. Merely giving the Oni a time to stew and pick at her own flaws like bloody scabs. That wasn't Sarada's fault, or Totoma's, or even the fault of the waiting itself. Merely the unfamiliarity of the situation Ishtar now found herself placed in. So the sooner the waiting was ended, and she could at least do something to decompress- be it through combat, or sex, or even taking the time to drink some water- the better.

"I am starting to feel like ..." the golden-eyed Oni started to mutter, then; before thinking better of it.

"I would see what your new form could do, Sarada. It feels strong ... I would experience it first hand." Ishtar commented then, switching gears.

After all, her current issues aside, taking this moment away from Sarada was rude. And the happiness for Sarada that Ishtar felt, was not to be understated. That the Saiyan had grown this strong after being fearful for her future only months before was a wondrous thing in the end; and a thing that the golden-eyed Oni would be happy to indulge.
    Ishtar wasn't handling her new situation very well. That much was obvious, but hearing her admit it made Sarada frown all the same. She hated how she was struggling to cope with the fact that she wasn't strong enough to accept her own fate. A lack of strength was a tough pill to swallow; no one knew that better than Sarada. She couldn't even give her any advice on how to cope with it; Sarada's way was to simply run away to another planet to escape her fate. Somehow, she didn't think Ishtar would go for that.

The only thing she could was what she offered to do a few days ago, which was to train with her until her strength was up to snuff. And help her keep her mind off it, which meant no more bringing up superior power levels, and no more talk of slaying gods.

"You want to have a spar? I'm game, but just know that I'm a lot more aggressive in this form than I normally am." Which was saying something. "Unless you don't mind getting roughed up a little."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Charco had been stuck in that god-forsaken place for over a month before he'd shown up, so it was no surprise it still weighed heavily upon his mind. Even just his brief time there... yeah, over a month of that would've taken its toll, even on him. Especially the stink--oh dear vocado, the stink. He hadn't been kidding when he'd said that Karine had made him throw out the clothes he'd set out in and take numerous baths before letting him near.

Still, despite how heavily it weighed upon his... friend (?,) Totoma felt that once he was able to fully move past it, he'd become even stronger than he was. It had only been a month, though, and coming to terms with what he'd experience would take more time than that.

The mention of Carne being around halfway finished purifying the hexlands brought a smile to Totoma's face. "That's good news. I was a bit worried it'd be more difficult to... uh... dislodge."

Yeah, that... sounded right. Those lands were hexed--cursed--and from what he knew of that stuff, curses and hexes were usually difficult to dispel. Perhaps Carne had a gift for such things?

"Still, if you need to punch something to work out some tension, I'm always available," said Totoma. His gaze briefly shifted back to Sarada. "And I'm sure Sarada would be more than happy to go a round or hundred with ya'."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Not one to be left out of reunions, Zaofan pleasantly strolls up to Charco and pats Totoma on the shoulder. "Well, as I live and breathe -- Mr. Totoma himself! Glad you could join us! You know, I've a capsule of some alien ... ingredients... I guess. If you're ever down to joining me to try them out, I'd love to experiment in the kitchen with you."

Zaofan then eyes the others gathering for the assault, heeding Miras and Adam's note. "But I suppose that's for next time. I'm glad we'll be fighting side by side, yet again."
    Totoma wraps his arm around Zaofan's shoulder and gives him an affectionate shake. "There's my favorite soul-soothing chef! How ya been, buddy? How'd that Dragon Style stuff with Mister Ochazuke go? And..." He leaned in close, a mischievous, wry smile on his face. "...any progress with Etrina?"

Well, that was... rather unenthusiastic. The Charco she knew was always ready for a scrap. Sometimes, a little too ready, if his unwillingness to hold back, even for his teammates' sake was any indication. Even still, she knew she could always go to him if she had an inch that only a fist could scratch.

He hadn't trained much this entire time? That much was true? So, the suppressed power she was feeling was his tapped potential that he had had access to ever since he was a child?

That gave credence to the rumors that half-breeds were generally more powerful than purebreds. Of course, Sarada and everyone else scoffed at such a ridiculous notion. There was no way someone with impure genes could ever surpass someone with pure genes.

...Even though even suppressed, his power far exceeded many of the Saiyans living on Vocado. Then again, their own potential had been stymied by years of negative attitudes and a counterproductive culture. Once Mato finished clearing all of that out, they would see purebreds return to their former glory, far outpacing the imperfect halfies. It was clear, with that reassuring thought in mind, that Totoma was merely an exception, not the rule.

She breathed out a silent sigh of relief.

"I'm doing as well as can be expected of someone who was kidnapped by the Junjo and had to free a batch of prisoners from potential enslavement. And apparently, Earth is about to be in danger. Again. So, that's another thing to deal with." She sighed again. "Well, I'm glad you're in a better place," she spoke honestly. "I don't want you to have that as an excuse to fall back on when I kick your ass the next time we fight."

Hm? Gris-Gris? This was the first time she had ever heard of that place? Was that what was eating at Charco? "So, I take it some **** went down at this Gris-Gris place."
    Kidnapped by the Junjo? Geez, seemed like he'd missed quite the little adventure. He recognized the species name, though. Formerly partnered up with the Saiyans back when the latter were still into the whole slavery thing. Mato, thankfully, had ended that partnership, if not directly, then by his actions. He vaguely recalled that they had methods of disabling people of high powerlevels, too, though he didn't know the exact details on that.

His expression darkened at the mention of the Earth once more being in danger. Well, ****, that... certainly changed his plans. "Oh. Huh, well, I was originally planning to tag along for just this battle, but I can't just ignore my home being in danger, so I suppose I'll stick with the group until Earth's safe. Any info on the threat, or is it just some vague pre-warning of an attack?"

Totoma would contact his mother and Karine later to inform them, either way. They were... probably too far away to get back to Earth in time to help, though. Whatever it was, it shouldn't be too hard for this group to take care of.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Charco had been stuck in that god-forsaken place for over a month before he'd shown up, so it was no surprise it still weighed heavily upon his mind. Even just his brief time there... yeah, over a month of that would've taken its toll, even on him. Especially the stink--oh dear vocado, the stink. He hadn't been kidding when he'd said that Karine had made him throw out the clothes he'd set out in and take numerous baths before letting him near.

Still, despite how heavily it weighed upon his... friend (?,) Totoma felt that once he was able to fully move past it, he'd become even stronger than he was. It had only been a month, though, and coming to terms with what he'd experience would take more time than that.

The mention of Carne being around halfway finished purifying the hexlands brought a smile to Totoma's face. "That's good news. I was a bit worried it'd be more difficult to... uh... dislodge."

Yeah, that... sounded right. Those lands were hexed--cursed--and from what he knew of that stuff, curses and hexes were usually difficult to dispel. Perhaps Carne had a gift for such things?

"Still, if you need to punch something to work out some tension, I'm always available," said Totoma. His gaze briefly shifted back to Sarada. "And I'm sure Sarada would be more than happy to go a round or hundred with ya'."

Totoma wraps his arm around Zaofan's shoulder and gives him an affectionate shake. "There's my favorite soul-soothing chef! How ya been, buddy? How'd that Dragon Style stuff with Mister Ochazuke go? And..." He leaned in close, a mischievous, wry smile on his face. "...any progress with Etrina?"

Kidnapped by the Junjo? Geez, seemed like he'd missed quite the little adventure. He recognized the species name, though. Formerly partnered up with the Saiyans back when the latter were still into the whole slavery thing. Mato, thankfully, had ended that partnership, if not directly, then by his actions. He vaguely recalled that they had methods of disabling people of high powerlevels, too, though he didn't know the exact details on that.

His expression darkened at the mention of the Earth once more being in danger. Well, ****, that... certainly changed his plans. "Oh. Huh, well, I was originally planning to tag along for just this battle, but I can't just ignore my home being in danger, so I suppose I'll stick with the group until Earth's safe. Any info on the threat, or is it just some vague pre-warning of an attack?"

Totoma would contact his mother and Karine later to inform them, either way. They were... probably too far away to get back to Earth in time to help, though. Whatever it was, it shouldn't be too hard for this group to take care of.
    "Totoma, I knew you would come. Thank you. " Meagan spoke as soon as she saw him.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Totoma, I knew you would come. Thank you. " Meagan spoke as soon as she saw him.
    Totoma gave Meagan a thumbs-up. "Of course. I did offer to help, after all. Anyway, mind filling me in on the plan?"

It was surprising to find that the invasion had almost been completely repelled, though that was the Galaxy Police for ya. Once they actually got off their asses and did something, they were certainly a force to be reckoned with. Of course, the problem was that there was so much bureaucracy and red tape that the organization reacted fairly slowly to new threats. A shame, but he supposed that it also acted as a bulwark against the abuse of power.

In any case, it was good that the people of this planet were soon to be free of the enemy that had tormented them for so long. The rebuilding process would be long and arduous, but it would be child's play compared to the ordeal that was this invasion. There would be scars in the hearts of every living chromakai, he suspected, but they'd ultimately be able to recover in time, he believed.

Though... there really needed to be a force to prevent tragedies like this from getting too out of hand. A force more able to quickly react than the Galaxy Police. Perhaps...

Hm, no, now was not the time to think of such things. Focus on the here and now.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

"The kid," Sarada spoke, cocking her head toward Eresh, "had some kind of vision of the future. Complete with ominous message." She paused so she could remember what it was that she said. "I think she said, “Death awaits in many forms. Hither and yon, that grey shadow looms over immortal and mortal alike. A reckoning shall be upon the Earth soon.” Don't know what the grey shadow is supposed to mean, but I know it isn't good."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Totoma gave Meagan a thumbs-up. "Of course. I did offer to help, after all. Anyway, mind filling me in on the plan?"

It was surprising to find that the invasion had almost been completely repelled, though that was the Galaxy Police for ya. Once they actually got off their asses and did something, they were certainly a force to be reckoned with. Of course, the problem was that there was so much bureaucracy and red tape that the organization reacted fairly slowly to new threats. A shame, but he supposed that it also acted as a bulwark against the abuse of power.

In any case, it was good that the people of this planet were soon to be free of the enemy that had tormented them for so long. The rebuilding process would be long and arduous, but it would be child's play compared to the ordeal that was this invasion. There would be scars in the hearts of every living chromakai, he suspected, but they'd ultimately be able to recover in time, he believed.

Though... there really needed to be a force to prevent tragedies like this from getting too out of hand. A force more able to quickly react than the Galaxy Police. Perhaps...

Hm, no, now was not the time to think of such things. Focus on the here and now.
    "Similar to what we did against Willa and the Red Army, except they have children as hostages, their base is a fortress spaceship, grounded for now, and the soldiers are far more dangerous and far more competent. Not to be underestimated. " Meagan, then began to give him a quick run down of who the Nagadarr are, what he might expect, and who is in which team.

OOC: I'll be back later, in a couple of hours probably. Back, for now.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-11-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Fix the... multiverse?"

Sarada had no idea what in the hell Asha'rah was referring to when she spoke of this multiverse. Multi obviously referred to multiple; verse was short for universe -- or perhaps a verse of a song, though that made no sense within the context of their conversation. So, was she saying there were multiple universes?

That wasn't possible. There was only one universe: this one. "Are you saying there's more than one universe?"

She frowned heavily, but didn't want to continue dwelling on it until she had confirmation from the goddess herself. Perhaps she meant something else. Regardless, repairing the universe really seemed to be more of a job for the... head god in charge, rather than a bunch of mortals. While Sarada would be more than happy to punch some gods in the face until they submitting to her superiority, it still seemed to be well out of her jurisdiction.

Though, once she became a goddess like Ishtar, then it would be totally within her jurisdiction. So, by that point, her worries would all be rendered moot.

Hm.

"Is it possible for a mortal to become a god?"
    Asha'rah nodded to Sarada's question, then her eyes sharpened ever so slightly. Time to refocus. It was enough for Sarada to get a glimpse of the fight that lay beyond. For now, they needed to concentrate on the fight that lay before them. It would do neither of them any good for Sarada to cast her gaze skyward when real danger loomed right before her.

Sarada wanted to stay with Ishtar. But a Saiyan would not last an age, or even a millennium. It was not the first time a mortal wanted not to die, but her motives were rare. Seldom did a person seek immortality for the sake of romance. Asha'rah gripped Sarada's arm with steady assurance.

"There is more than one path to living forever. Dragon Balls, sufficiently advanced technology, these too may lead to immortality."

She gave a lopsided smirk, eyes alight with the thought of this mortal striving as she did, then turned back to the briefing to acknowledge her readiness.

"But to answer your question, Indar'en was a Saiyan. He was also the God of Destruction."

The offer seemed innocent enough, but Sarada didn't miss the hidden connotation behind the words. Her grin brightened a touch. "And in exchange, I suppose I'd have to teach you how to say my name in Vocadoan. You know, if the need ever arose."

She could think of quite a few times when such a need would arise; all of which involved them alone with a flat surface. Though, if Ishtar ever met her family -- which could possibly happen if the future they heard of came to fruition with a few key changes -- then her being able to speak the Saiyan language would go a long way towards endearing herself to her parents. Her parents would likely be the only ones wary of this horned blue woman who had inexplicably managed to worm her way into their daughter's heart. Maiz, Pinach, and Rutaba would be all for it; the former rather than the latter two, who couldn't be bothered to think about things like that at such a young age. Avoca wouldn't care very much at first, though her jealousy would be an issue later. Parsley didn't matter.

Parsley never mattered.
    Even without the connection, Ishtar was well aware of what Sarada was thinking when she replied with an offer to teach her the Saiyan's native language; and the Oni couldn't help but smile wider.

"I would like that, very much."

In the end, that was all that needed to be said, Sarada could feel exactly what Ishtar was thinking, and with the battle looming there was no need to goad her love even more; after all there was no knowing just what her threshold was in this form before she gave into her more bestial self. And while Ishtar eventually planned on finding out ... now was not the time. Or at least the golden-eyed Oni would keep telling herself that.

Ishtar wasn't handling her new situation very well. That much was obvious, but hearing her admit it made Sarada frown all the same. She hated how she was struggling to cope with the fact that she wasn't strong enough to accept her own fate. A lack of strength was a tough pill to swallow; no one knew that better than Sarada. She couldn't even give her any advice on how to cope with it; Sarada's way was to simply run away to another planet to escape her fate. Somehow, she didn't think Ishtar would go for that.

The only thing she could was what she offered to do a few days ago, which was to train with her until her strength was up to snuff. And help her keep her mind off it, which meant no more bringing up superior power levels, and no more talk of slaying gods.

"You want to have a spar? I'm game, but just know that I'm a lot more aggressive in this form than I normally am." Which was saying something. "Unless you don't mind getting roughed up a little."
    True to form, Sarada offered what comfort she could. An additional offer to spar, and train- using the from she had now- as a means of literally beating the best out of Ishtar. A thing that was in many respects, the selfsame method offered by Ochazuke the first day they had truly met, all those months ago in the ruined gravity chamber. A thing that, despite her current haze of inadequacy, caused the blue-skinned woman to chuckle; as much from the result of the fight as the method with which she lost: sacrificing her own body- her shoulder giving way under a savage strike, so that she could close and strike true- so that she might respond to the questioning of her chosen path.

In a way this was no different.

A challenge had been made, in these meets with Marduk, and Genesis; and in the realizing of how much stronger the others were than her. And in the end no matter how much easier it might be to renege, to turn away and search again for another path ... she had done such a thing once, and had come around back to this one. And had accepted it. Ishtar knew she could not allow herself the benefit of such a thing again. There was no time now, if what she had learned from Asha'rah, and from those twin meetings on the Asteroid were any indication.

It seemed most prudent then, to commit to this; yet nothing so simple as a spar.

If she was to meet these threats after all- and fulfill the duties assigned her in time- it would not do to prepare in half-measures. And if Sarada was this strong, as strong as Marduk and undoubtedly stronger still in her fully transformed state ... it meant that Ishtar could strike her as hard as she possibly could, a thing she had been afraid to do against her kin, Marduk, for fear of splitting the asteroid. A thing that would be required by both, if they intended to surpass their current limitations.

So after a moment, Ishtar broke the silence.

"I accept. On the promise that you do not hold back. In the end it will be beneficial for us both."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah nodded to Sarada's question, then her eyes sharpened ever so slightly. Time to refocus. It was enough for Sarada to get a glimpse of the fight that lay beyond. For now, they needed to concentrate on the fight that lay before them. It would do neither of them any good for Sarada to cast her gaze skyward when real danger loomed right before her.

Sarada wanted to stay with Ishtar. But a Saiyan would not last an age, or even a millennium. It was not the first time a mortal wanted not to die, but her motives were rare. Seldom did a person seek immortality for the sake of romance. Asha'rah gripped Sarada's arm with steady assurance.

"There is more than one path to living forever. Dragon Balls, sufficiently advanced technology, these too may lead to immortality."

She gave a lopsided smirk, eyes alight with the thought of this mortal striving as she did, then turned back to the briefing to acknowledge her readiness.

"But to answer your question, Indar'en was a Saiyan. He was also the God of Destruction."
    With a single nod, Sarada's first question was answered. There was more than one universe in existence.

But, how?

Why?

Who would even think to create that many universes when one was enough?

Sarada had so many questions pertaining to this mind-blowing revelation. Just how different was each universe? Was there another version of her somewhere out there in this multiverse, one that led a vastly different life that she did? How many of these universes had Saiyans? How different were they from the Saiyans of this universe? Did each universe have a God of Destruction and Creation? Did each universe know about each other? Was it possible to cross universes and visit other species that were well beyond her imagination? How powerful were these denizens of each universe? Could she fight them?

So many questions, and no time at present to ponder over them. She had plenty to concern herself with at the moment, and couldn't allow herself to be distracted with thoughts of things that weren't important to the task at hand.

One more thing for her to ponder over later. Indar'en was a Saiyan like her, and had transcended the limits of his mortal body and became a god. Thus, with two simple, yet undeniable facts, she was presented with a third: it was possible for her to become a goddess.

With this in mind, her goal was set. It was lofty, and would likely take her much, if not the rest, of her life; but it was a goal that she fully intended on reaching. By herself, at that, with no aid from the dragonballs. That was cheating. Any average person could gather the dragonballs and ask Tiamat to make them into a god. Only a special person like Sarada could make that same thing happen under her own power and determination. She would prove what Indar'en proved eons ago: that Saiyans were the greatest race in this or any universe.

"I see. Then, I'll do what he did and transcend mortality."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    True to form, Sarada offered what comfort she could. An additional offer to spar, and train- using the from she had now- as a means of literally beating the best out of Ishtar. A thing that was in many respects, the selfsame method offered by Ochazuke the first day they had truly met, all those months ago in the ruined gravity chamber. A thing that, despite her current haze of inadequacy, caused the blue-skinned woman to chuckle; as much from the result of the fight as the method with which she lost: sacrificing her own body- her shoulder giving way under a savage strike, so that she could close and strike true- so that she might respond to the questioning of her chosen path.

In a way this was no different.

A challenge had been made, in these meets with Marduk, and Genesis; and in the realizing of how much stronger the others were than her. And in the end no matter how much easier it might be to renege, to turn away and search again for another path ... she had done such a thing once, and had come around back to this one. And had accepted it. Ishtar knew she could not allow herself the benefit of such a thing again. There was no time now, if what she had learned from Asha'rah, and from those twin meetings on the Asteroid were any indication.

It seemed most prudent then, to commit to this; yet nothing so simple as a spar.

If she was to meet these threats after all- and fulfill the duties assigned her in time- it would not do to prepare in half-measures. And if Sarada was this strong, as strong as Marduk and undoubtedly stronger still in her fully transformed state ... it meant that Ishtar could strike her as hard as she possibly could, a thing she had been afraid to do against her kin, Marduk, for fear of splitting the asteroid. A thing that would be required by both, if they intended to surpass their current limitations.

So after a moment, Ishtar broke the silence.

"I accept. On the promise that you do not hold back. In the end it will be beneficial for us both."
    Ishtar agreed, with only one caveat: that Sarada not hold back. She was too use her full strength against Ishtar. Sarada had some reservations about that. While she was more than willing to go all-out, she was afraid that Ishtar would be unable to handle the combination of half her Oozaru power -- which was what she found she could use while in Hitozaru form -- plus Anaxam. When she thought about it and did the math in her head, she estimated that her power level would be around 112K; much, much more powerful than anyone they had face. It was damn near as strong as Kenbo. More than powerful enough to kill Ishtar with a single blow.

She was hesitant to accept that condition, yet, she knew that it was for both their good if she did. Regardless of the outcome, she promised to help her love reach the lofty, heavenly heights she needed to in order to be able to accept her role as God of Destruction. She never broke a promise when she could help it, and this was no different. If that meant nearly killing her, then so be it.

"Fine," she answered with a single nod. "I'll be nearly as powerful as Kenbo if I don't hold back. Actually, I'll probably be stronger by the time our spar happens."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!